Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun (13492 Views)

Salam Ayodeji Wanted By Police For Threatening Traditionalists In Kwara / Deborah Samuel's Killers Are Being Held In A Correctional Center - Police / Umahi: There Is Nothing Like Unknown Gunmen, The Killers Are Our People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by adenigga(m): 9:37pm On Feb 05, 2022
Traditionalists in Ogun State have distanced themselves from various cases of ritual killings happening in the state, saying those behind the nefarious act are Muslims and Christians.

The idol worshippers said those killing fellow human beings for money rituals are Muslims and Christians, who they said have infiltrated them.

This is coming barely one week after some teenage boys were caught while burning the head of a girl in Oke Aregba, Abeokuta for a money ritual.

The boys, who bear Muslim names like Soliudeen Majekodunmi, Mustakeem Balogun, Abdulgafar Lukman and Wariz Oladeinde, had slaughtered a Muslim girl, Sofiat Okeowo in order to become rich.

In an interview with DAILY POST, the Oba Isese worldwide, Ifarotimi Adifagbola Balogun, stated that those perpetrating the crimes are not part of them.

According to him, a true traditionalist knows what is forbidden and abominable, adding that a traditionalist neither goes to mosque nor church.

Balogun opined that the names of those who have been arrested for ritual killings so far have shown that they are either Muslims or Christians.

He declared that idolaters in Ogun State and other places do not engage in killing people for any reason whatsoever.

Balogun said: “There is a difference between a Babalawo and an idol worshipper. People from the borrowed religions are the ones doing all these ritual killings. They don’t belong here. They are not traditionalists.

“Those people from the other side have ‘sneaked’ into alternate medicine, causing crises here and there. A Babalawo or an idol worshipper knows what is abominable and forbidden. They know what they should do and what they should not do. But these hanky panky people have infiltrated us. As we are, we don’t go to the mosque, we are not Islamic clerics, we don’t go to church. We face our religion, which is idolatry.

“When these ritual killers are arrested, the names you hear are like Musliu, Yusuf, Daniel. You won’t hear the name of an idol worshipper. Nothing concerns traditionalists with killing or cutting people heads for ritual. We are clean and pure. May God expose the evildoers.”

Source: https://dailypost.ng/Ritual-killers-are-Muslims-Christians-Traditionalists

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by haakeem2(m): 9:41pm On Feb 05, 2022
The name of our religion is islam not muslim.

Like the guy below me said killing has no religion.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2022
killing has no religion

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by AntiBMC(m): 10:54pm On Feb 05, 2022
Where's the lie? They all do it.

11 Likes

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by tollyboy5(m): 12:32am On Feb 06, 2022
So true. You will never hear names like ifagbemi involve in money rituals.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by xnsandrxns: 1:05am On Feb 06, 2022
True

3 Likes

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by techWriter3: 1:33am On Feb 06, 2022
haakeem2:

In a broad context, evil has no religion.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by LILTJAY1: 1:41am On Feb 06, 2022
Nigeria religious people different. . Muslims and christians are drug dealers, ritualist, fraudsters, prostitutes, etc..

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by lonecatt(m): 3:12am On Feb 06, 2022
In other words christians and Muslims come to you traditionalist for rituals.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by Brendaniel: 4:09am On Feb 06, 2022
This is where I blame governors, a problem is persistent in your state and you just look away like it is nothing, what happened to sensitization programs and extra curricular activities in school to show the younger ones the dangers of these problems...

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 4:13am On Feb 06, 2022
haakeem2:

all terorist are Muslim/Islam, you are now deny Muslim, the word Muslim comes from Islam, you now see how confused you are?

44 Likes

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by ruggedboych: 4:13am On Feb 06, 2022
Count Christians out, is obvious Muslims and traditionalist are responsible for the skull mining, the yolloba Christians are peace loving and can't even hurt a fly

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by posty56: 4:15am On Feb 06, 2022
lol I don't care , all I know is that they from the waste side, the yarinbas claimed they're the most sophisticated tribe, yet skull mining is more lucrative than bitc*in over there

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by Kaa4(m): 4:16am On Feb 06, 2022
Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by Fiscus105(m): 4:17am On Feb 06, 2022
Who are the babalawo that are doing the concortion and chant for them?

That's just the problem of Nigerian, instead to purge out the bad egg they would be shifting blames.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by bankyblue(m): 4:18am On Feb 06, 2022
But come to think of it, the man is right, but in the other hand...who they konju the stuff for them?

7 Likes

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by ruggedboych: 4:18am On Feb 06, 2022
Omenakalives you no de see this kind topic comment undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by Triangles1(m): 4:19am On Feb 06, 2022
Very true but they are the engineer consulting the oracle.

6 Likes

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by seankim(m): 4:20am On Feb 06, 2022
He’s right. I’ve met one or 2 traditionalists. They’re mostly cautious because they know that most people see them as evil doers.
What he should not deny is that Some of them are also involved in making use of humans as a whole or parts for some rituals.
Ritual killings cuts across religious and ethnic groups.
We should all condemn it.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by headSmasher: 4:20am On Feb 06, 2022
Ok
Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by Drsnives(m): 4:21am On Feb 06, 2022
Wahala dea
Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by zeusdgrt(m): 4:23am On Feb 06, 2022
I nor dey Ogun so I nor know
Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by Diligent1(f): 4:28am On Feb 06, 2022
In my village, traditionalists don't name their children by their traditional name anymore, they named their children with Muslim names when the children commit crime, people will say the Muslims have come again.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by illicit(m): 4:29am On Feb 06, 2022
I disagree

4 Likes

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by OVB123: 4:31am On Feb 06, 2022
I have said it before, i am saying it again, "some of our religion leaders are the cause(s) of the uprising of ritual killings in nigeria AKA yahoo plus" They don't care to ask, what do u do for a living? All they know is bring the tithe to God and he will bless u abundantly. God help our generation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by TooMuchStuff: 4:31am On Feb 06, 2022
Mostly Yoruba Muslims

Almost all Yoruba Babalawos are Muslims because there is very thin line between Islam and African Traditional Religion. All need Knives to cut something somewhere

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by Conwarden: 4:31am On Feb 06, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/Ritual-killers-are-Muslims-Christians-Traditionalists

True.

Even Alfaa, clerics, and pastors.

angry

Life sentence for all scammers . . . Including paternity fraudsters!

5 Likes

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by Keegan: 4:40am On Feb 06, 2022
lonecatt:
In other words christians and Muslims come to you traditionalist for rituals.

No it's not like that. It's about the knowledge, the wisdom and the real faith one has pertaining the doctrine he or she chooses to follow. What these people are trying to say is that most atrocities being committed should not be ascribed to them simple.

Look at it this way, every household has at least a knife, and we all know that knife in itself is a very useful kitchen utensil but it can as well be use to butcher someone. Now the problem is not about the knife but the mindset of the perpetrator of evil.

Get rich quick mentality has affected millions of us, youths and adults alike to the extent of being too greedy, selfish and careless. It cross across all religion. It really shows that nothing is learned inside those places of worship except self-love and self-centredness if there are words like that in the English Language. Fela music easily comes to mind. "Archbishop dey miliki, Pope na enjoyment, Imamu na gbaladun". That was even then, when modesty was the order of the day, now it is worse. So what do we expect? What we sow is what we reap.

We can't be doing things wrongly and expected the outcome to be perfect, that's never done.

Are we just people that lack understanding?

10 Likes

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by naija4life247: 4:40am On Feb 06, 2022
We know already. Shameless idiots hiding behind God's name to serve Lucifee

4 Likes

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by naija4life247: 4:44am On Feb 06, 2022
LILTJAY1:
Nigeria religious people different. . Muslims and christians are drug dealers, ritualist, fraudsters, prostitutes, etc..

Truly, I have never seen or heard of Ifagbemi or Sangobunmi being paraded for drug trafficking, human trafficking, armed robbery, e.t.c

I don't say there are not, but I have not seen one.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by naija4life247: 4:46am On Feb 06, 2022
TooMuchStuff:
Mostly Yoruba Muslims

Almost all Yoruba Babalawos are Muslims because there is very thin line between Islam and African Traditional Religion. All need Knives to cut something somewhere

Yes, very thin line between stupidity and madness. I don't know which of the two you are suffering from. Several of your Pastors have been arrested for burying charms ned human organs in your Churches in order to draw multitude customers. How many times have your read of charms being buried in Mosques to draw multitude worshippers?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun by SOFTENGR: 4:48am On Feb 06, 2022
tollyboy5:
So true. You will never hear names like ifagbemi involve in money rituals.
Because it's scam.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> / Pertinent Questions From Femi Fani Kayode To GEJ / Where Are The Subsidy Buses?????(safetrip)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.