Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project (22391 Views)

Airline Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel / Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? / How To Get Your First Data Science/programming Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by gbolswag(m): 3:52pm On Feb 07, 2022
You try jare... but I am currently playung bet9ja

please lemme concentrate
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Samiah33(m): 3:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
Someday, would join you.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Jay3999: 3:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
Great work man, I too just started data analytics
We're done with excel, we trying to work on python (which is of cos Brain racking) but we kicking.
Prob we should link up?
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by mich2012: 3:54pm On Feb 07, 2022
Nice! Next time and for other projects, use plain background for the report pane and align your individual chart themes/colors to your organization's (for real projects) colors.

Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 3:56pm On Feb 07, 2022
autolearner:
Excellent work... you should share the resources you leveraged for study, so that other interested in towing this path may also be utilize it.

All the very best.

I study Tableau on YouTube.
Every other programs are on udemy paid videos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 3:57pm On Feb 07, 2022
peacettw:

Who knew! I wish the moderators will focus more on this.
Encouraging members to share their personal projects etc

@op Concerning your data visualization, at first glance, I couldn't make out anything from it. Even after staring at it several times, it is still very unclear. I don't know what is in the x-axis or y-axis.

It is very cluttered and the colors are jarring to the eye. Don't know the software that you used but I want to encourage you to try the following
1. Matplotlib.pyplot
2. Seaborn
3. Plotly
4. ggplot2 which is my personal favourite.

Good luck
I can make use of this one's...I used Tableau

1 Like

Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 3:58pm On Feb 07, 2022
Jay3999:
Great work man, I too just started data analytics
We're done with excel, we trying to work on python (which is of cos Brain racking) but we kicking.
Prob we should link up?

I'm on deep learning on Python... through with Excel and Statistics...

This was done on tableau

My details on my signature for link up

1 Like

Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by TheABOMINATION: 4:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
Hmmm, hmmm. Good job. They say practice makes perfect. Keep practicing and you will eventually become a professional.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by peacettw: 4:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ugaboy:

I can make use of this one's...I used Tableau

I have heard of it but never used it.

Trust me, if this is a field that you are interested in, then let a little bit of programming and use of the libraries that I mentioned earlier will serve you best.

Well done
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by 1forall: 4:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
Tableau?

Choose charts and colors that are easy on the eye so a layman can look and immediately get the hang of the infographic. A non-techie may have a a difficult time deciphering the data you're trying to present. And I think a white background will project your charts a bit better.

Regardless, it's nice work. Well done!
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 4:02pm On Feb 07, 2022
Suspect33:
For how long have you been learning?
2 weeks now

Done with advance Excel, statistics and almost done with Python...it just remaining classification and reenforcement

1 Like

Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by peacettw: 4:04pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ugaboy:

2 weeks now

Done with advance Excel, statistics and almost done with Python...it just remaining classification and reenforcement

Learn R as well
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 4:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
peacettw:

I have heard of it but never used it.

Trust me, if this is a field that you are interested in, then let a little bit of programming and use of the libraries that I mentioned earlier will serve you best.

Well done

I've so far with Python...very advance.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by winner37(m): 4:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
Job weldone,more grace to your elbow
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by LordReed(m): 4:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ugaboy:

I think only the last pix made much impact, the others are almost unintelligible from a visual standpoint.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by peacettw: 4:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ugaboy:

I've so far with Python...very advance.

Now my interest is piqued. Are you done with Object Oriented Programming and Decorators in python?
Beautiful Soup?
If you are interested in python, then you need to know a Lil bit of html, css (for best color combinations, fonts, layouts etc), SQL

Programming never ends. And there is almost always something new to learn. I have learnt to go with my own stride, picking up one or two things along the way.

For instance, wanted to learn how to build apps until it dawned on me that I didn't know what buttons, widgets, layout were. I had to go back to do a refresher course on html, css.. Now, I am currently on 2 projects that entails building webpages.

The intent is to stay there for a while, learn some php, SQL and javascript then go back to my main passion which is app building and data analysis
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by uuzba(m): 4:08pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ok, you know how to programme computers.
But what does the data mean?
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 4:08pm On Feb 07, 2022
peacettw:

Learn R as well
I'm okay with Python...cus it can do same and most things on Analysis, I can do so much Statistics on Excel.

I'm learning Tableau now to reduce the effort on Python...cus it most of drag and drop...with some Manipulation
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by yourangel: 4:09pm On Feb 07, 2022
Excellent job, but there’s still massive room for improvement. You need to learn the art of simplicity. The expertise is in making complex matters look simple. Some of these visuals are so hard to understand and comprehend. Try to always simplify your work so that a layman would easily understand what you’re communicating without needing any expert to explain it to them. That is the real deal; your ability to communicate complexity in simplicity. Always keep it simple!

3 Likes

Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 4:10pm On Feb 07, 2022
peacettw:

Now I am interested. Are you done with Object Oriented Programming and Decorators?
Hmm...here we use libraries and modules for Analysis.

U can ask web developer, game developer and app about this
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by airsaylongcome: 4:11pm On Feb 07, 2022
Karmatyra:
Today the mods on programming section remembered there is a section like that on nairaland? I no get,what Happened to hijab issues and oga portable in suit? Rubbish.

As innnnnnnnnnn! Out of the blue, several threads from our backwater section hit FP.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by peacettw: 4:12pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ugaboy:

Hmm...here we use libraries and modules for Analysis.

U can ask web developer, game developer and app about this

My question was literally on python. Advanced courses in python talk about object oriented programming (OOP), inheritance, polymorphism, decorators etc.. These are topics that I am currently struggling with. So when you said that you were advanced, I was hoping that you will put me through.

For you not to know this, then trust me you are still starting

1 Like

Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Phi001(m): 4:14pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ugaboy:

The colour combination makes it difficult to read.

Work on that and repost.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by peacettw: 4:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ugaboy:
I'm okay with Python...cus it can do same and most things on Analysis, I can do so much Statistics on Excel.

I'm learning Tableau now to reduce the effort on Python...cus it most of drag and drop...with some Manipulation

I understand. Best of luck then. I use python to clean my data which is really the stressful stage of any data analysis.
Python makes it so easy especially when functions are employed.

For the actual analysis, I use SPSS or R. For my visuals, ggplot2.

Again I am still learning..

2 Likes

Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 4:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
peacettw:

Now my interest is piqued. Are you done with Object Oriented Programming and Decorators in python?
Beautiful Soup?
If you are interested in python, then you need to know a Lil bit of html, css (for best color combinations, fonts, layouts etc), SQL

Programming never ends. And there is almost always something new to learn. I have learnt to go with my own stride, picking up one or two things along the way.

For instance, wanted to learn how to build apps until it dawned on me that I didn't know what buttons, widgets, layout were. I had to go back to do a refresher course on html, css.. Now, I am currently on 2 projects that entails building webpages.

The intent is to stay there for a while, learn some php, SQL and javascript then go back to my main passion which is app building and data analysis

I know CSS and HTML...but my Python is on Analysis
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Edipet(m): 4:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ugaboy:
Nairalander, please rate my performance

First and completed Data Analytic Visualization Project... coming from zero to here just in two weeks...I would love to xplain everything in details but I think it not necessarily...this an analysis for U.S Passenger Dataset, I cant rate this so good...I want to xplore some more chart that can carry so much detail and prediction.

Though there is no prediction on this visual...but tell the story of the performance.

The dataset contains Date, Country and numbers of passengers.

With the Analysis, you can make prediction months and days U.S are likely to have more passengers traveling or migrating.

You can also tell the exponential growth, why 2020 has the lowest passengers

Though I have some Machine Learning project on Python, Excel and Statistics (I just choose to share this cus I joined a monthly competition on LinkedIn)

Let me stop here, I see how you all rate a new Barber, graphics designer.
Come and do this for me...man want to feel encourage
Op can we talk on WhatsApp please
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Phi001(m): 4:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
peacettw:

My question was literally on python. Advanced courses in python talk about object oriented programming (OOP), inheritance, polymorphism, decorators etc.. These are topics that I am currently struggling with. So when you said that you were advanced, I was hoping that you will put me through.

For you not to know this, then trust me you are still starting
Tbf, if he's just doing data analysis, he might not need to know OOP, decorators, etc.

That's pure Python Programming scope. In the data fields, at best, it's Data Engineering scope.

The one thing he should learn is web scraping with BeautifulSoup and Selenium.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by mapet: 4:19pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ugaboy:
Nairalander, please rate my performance

First and completed Data Analytic Visualization Project... coming from zero to here just in two weeks...I would love to xplain everything in details but I think it not necessarily...this an analysis for U.S Passenger Dataset, I cant rate this so good...I want to xplore some more chart that can carry so much detail and prediction.

Though there is no prediction on this visual...but tell the story of the performance.

The dataset contains Date, Country and numbers of passengers.

With the Analysis, you can make prediction months and days U.S are likely to have more passengers traveling or migrating.

You can also tell the exponential growth, why 2020 has the lowest passengers

Though I have some Machine Learning project on Python, Excel and Statistics (I just choose to share this cus I joined a monthly competition on LinkedIn)

Let me stop here, I see how you all rate a new Barber, graphics designer.
Come and do this for me...man want to feel encourage

Great work. Did you use Tableau or PowerBI?
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 4:20pm On Feb 07, 2022
mapet:

Great work. Did you use Tableau or PowerBI?
Tableau
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by peacettw: 4:20pm On Feb 07, 2022
Phi001:

Tbf, if he's just doing data analysis, he might not need to know OOP and decorators etc.

That's pure Python Programmer scope. In the data fields, at best, it's Data Engineering scope.

Well, it wouldn't hurt to learn it. You can never know when it will come in handy, particularly when importing modules and using their classes.

For example, he will definitely come across classes in pandas, numpy, datetime, etc. He cannot escape it. OOP made me understand it all better...
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by mapet: 4:21pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idzitari1:
Awesome, but the colors are too looking shouting. Great job keep it up

Good point. You sound like someone with good eye for Visualization...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? / Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? / 6 Signs Your PC Is About To Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.