Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,880 members, 7,810,377 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project (22389 Views)

Airline Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel / Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? / How To Get Your First Data Science/programming Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Asour: 5:51pm On Feb 07, 2022
Good.

The colors are the only challenge here.
See Edward tufte's book for colour appropriation.

1 Like

Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by jamerflepz(m): 5:58pm On Feb 07, 2022
Cool. For data visualizations, personally I kinda prefer Power BI to tableau.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Larjar: 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
Please where can i learn Data Analytics in Lagos? i am seriously in need of a training school for data analytics where i can learn all the tools etc. Note that it is not my background but am willing to learn.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Aeoner4: 6:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
This is nice. Would love to go into programming in the near future. Still sorting out things now.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by temple234: 6:38pm On Feb 07, 2022
Like what has been said earlier, the colour scheme and fonts are not professional, work on that.
From that Dataset, there are other KPI and conclusions you can draw from it...
With this pace, I believe you will be proficient in a not too distant future.. cheers
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Starlight252: 6:49pm On Feb 07, 2022
I don't understand this but I think the colour and arrangement isn't considerably captivating and intriguing.

Again I do not have any professional knowledge about your data analysis.
What I said is just a commentary.

But for progressing this far in two weeks!
Tiri gbosa for you jare.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Powersurge: 6:50pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ugaboy:
Nairalander, please rate my performance

First and completed Data Analytic Visualization Project... coming from zero to here just in two weeks...I would love to xplain everything in details but I think it not necessarily...this an analysis for U.S Passenger Dataset, I cant rate this so good...I want to xplore some more chart that can carry so much detail and prediction.

Though there is no prediction on this visual...but tell the story of the performance.

The dataset contains Date, Country and numbers of passengers.

With the Analysis, you can make prediction months and days U.S are likely to have more passengers traveling or migrating.

You can also tell the exponential growth, why 2020 has the lowest passengers

Though I have some Machine Learning project on Python, Excel and Statistics (I just choose to share this cus I joined a monthly competition on LinkedIn)

Let me stop here, I see how you all rate a new Barber, graphics designer.
Come and do this for me...man want to feel encourage

What tool did you use?
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by drkrest(m): 7:10pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ugaboy:

First and completed Data Analytic Visualization Project... coming from zero to here just in two weeks...I would love to xplain everything in details but I think it not necessarily...this an analysis for U.S Passenger Dataset, I cant rate this so good...I want to xplore some more chart that can carry so much detail and prediction.

Though there is no prediction on this visual...but tell the story of the performance.

With the Analysis, you can make prediction months and days U.S are likely to have more passengers traveling or migrating.

Though I have some Machine Learning project on Python, Excel and Statistics (I just choose to share this cus I joined a monthly competition on LinkedIn)

what software is this please? I intend to learn data analysis as well
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by SirLakes: 7:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
Which data visualization tool you use?

Make we start there before I rate you cheesy
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by peacettw: 7:35pm On Feb 07, 2022
Asour:

Is ggplot2 a python library too?

I know it as an R package.

You are correct. That's why I am encouraging the op to learn R as well
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 7:40pm On Feb 07, 2022
drkrest:
what software is this please? I intend to learn data analysis as well
Tableau

1 Like

Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 7:41pm On Feb 07, 2022
Powersurge:

What tool did you use?
Tableau
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by drkrest(m): 7:45pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ugaboy:
Tableau
Thank you. I downloaded lotta Tableau instructional videos on YouTube yesterday. Do you think that will be enough? I would appreciate it if you can recommend other training courses for me.

Many thanks
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 7:49pm On Feb 07, 2022
jamerflepz:
Cool. For data visualizations, personally I kinda prefer Power BI to tableau.
power bi is simple... Tableau is for advanced users
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 7:50pm On Feb 07, 2022
Larjar:
Please where can i learn Data Analytics in Lagos? i am seriously in need of a training school for data analytics where i can learn all the tools etc. Note that it is not my background but am willing to learn.
dn via my signature
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 7:51pm On Feb 07, 2022
drkrest:

Thank you. I downloaded lotta Tableau instructional videos on YouTube yesterday. Do you think that will be enough? I would appreciate it if you can recommend other training courses for me.

Many thanks
what me on the number on signature so we learn together
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 7:51pm On Feb 07, 2022
SirLakes:
Which data visualization tool you use?

Make we start there before I rate you cheesy
Tableau
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 7:52pm On Feb 07, 2022
peacettw:

You are correct. That's why I am encouraging the op to learn R as well
I will when the time is right ...as for Python...let me finish deep learning first
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by drkrest(m): 7:55pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ugaboy:
what me on the number on signature so we learn together
I will do just that
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by kunleiky(m): 8:39pm On Feb 07, 2022
Good job.
You used Power BI yeah?
Work in the color combo
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by kunleiky(m): 9:08pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ugaboy:
Tableau
Oh Tableau. Did you make use of any Tableau add-in?
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by kunleiky(m): 9:10pm On Feb 07, 2022
Larjar:

Mind learning from Salvatech?
Salvatech.com or search on Google
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by kunleiky(m): 9:22pm On Feb 07, 2022
Asour:

Is ggplot2 a python library too?

I know it as an R package.
There's a Python library that is a wrapper around ggplot2. It's called plotnine

1 Like

Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by VanuatuWycombe: 9:47pm On Feb 07, 2022
Be simple and formal in your design and not like a graphic designer. Use easy to read fonts, and less colors.

You can download pro’s works and use it to practice.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Integrafamoo: 11:35pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ugaboy:

Awesome!
What package did you use for the graphics?
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Powersurge: 3:00am On Feb 08, 2022
Ugaboy:
Tableau

Good. You can connect with me on LinkedIn. I could provide some guide should you need it.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by peacettw: 7:45am On Feb 08, 2022
Ugaboy:
I will when the time is right ...as for Python...let me finish deep learning first

Well done then
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by UncleAyo: 11:15am On Feb 08, 2022
You tried.

Although I feel your visualization is very very poor.

Try and read this book to gain more power.

You will surely become a great analyst.

Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by JoseRaji(m): 12:13pm On Feb 08, 2022
Ugaboy:

Very nice. I just feel your background should have been light. My opinion.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 2:59pm On Feb 08, 2022
Powersurge:

Good. You can connect with me on LinkedIn. I could provide some guide should you need it.
you link to Linkin.. let me connect with you
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 3:00pm On Feb 08, 2022
Integrafamoo:

Awesome!
What package did you use for the graphics?
tableau

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? / Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? / 6 Signs Your PC Is About To Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.