Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,873 members, 7,810,324 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project (22388 Views)

Airline Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel / Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? / How To Get Your First Data Science/programming Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by mapet: 4:21pm On Feb 07, 2022
autolearner:
Excellent work... you should share the resources you leveraged for study, so that other interested in towing this path may also be utilize it.

All the very best.

Many tutorials on YouTube
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by teemy(m): 4:21pm On Feb 07, 2022
thanksjosh005:
Wow! Who knew programming could make it here on a Monday! smiley

The reason I love programming, python, data science... is because of those colors, charts and how you can use them in representing data. Somehow, maybe that's how I also got into programming But somewhat, I just do that for fun cheesy

Programming Monday cheesy

1 Like

Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by doverulez(m): 4:22pm On Feb 07, 2022
Awesome!!!!! remember us when you blow oh
Ugaboy:
Nairalander, please rate my performance

First and completed Data Analytic Visualization Project... coming from zero to here just in two weeks...I would love to xplain everything in details but I think it not necessarily...this an analysis for U.S Passenger Dataset, I cant rate this so good...I want to xplore some more chart that can carry so much detail and prediction.

Though there is no prediction on this visual...but tell the story of the performance.

The dataset contains Date, Country and numbers of passengers.

With the Analysis, you can make prediction months and days U.S are likely to have more passengers traveling or migrating.

You can also tell the exponential growth, why 2020 has the lowest passengers

Though I have some Machine Learning project on Python, Excel and Statistics (I just choose to share this cus I joined a monthly competition on LinkedIn)

Let me stop here, I see how you all rate a new Barber, graphics designer.
Come and do this for me...man want to feel encourage
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Suspect33(m): 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ugaboy:

2 weeks now

Done with advance Excel, statistics and almost done with Python...it just remaining classification and reenforcement
Good luck bro.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Phi001(m): 4:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
peacettw:

Well, it wouldn't hurt to learn it. You can never know when it will come in handy, particularly when importing modules and using their classes.

For example, he will definitely come across classes in pandas, numpy, datetime, etc. He cannot escape it. OOP made me understand it all better...

Unless he's planning to venture into software development eventually, he really doesn't need to. It's something he's 99% likely never to use.
It's akin to learning how to manipulate binary trees, linked lists and hashed maps as proof you know your stuff. You will almost likely never use it.

It's better he focus to perfecting the craft of Data Analysis.
EDA, Visualization, Bootstrapping, Simulation, Confidence Intervals, Box plots, Swarm plots, Point plots etc.

There are several concepts within Data Analysis he can learn and practice.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by famouscargo4u: 4:27pm On Feb 07, 2022
very good. I can do exactly with power BI. I just want to learn Tableau, python and SQL.

1 Like

Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by BIfeedback: 4:28pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ugaboy:

First and completed Data Analytic Visualization Project... coming from zero to here just in two weeks...I would love to xplain everything in details but I think it not necessarily...this an analysis for U.S Passenger Dataset, I cant rate this so good...I want to xplore some more chart that can carry so much detail and prediction.

Hi Ugaboy,
Well done for your first attempt. It's a good try. Below are some way to improve your viz skill.

Too much going on on the viz. Who is your audience? Focus on the audience. Is it for a manager? The Ops team? etc
Like many comments here, the colour combo is not good. Go easy. Have a soft colour palette. If using a black background, because with your text colour choices
The font is a no-no. Use professional font. No handwriting font
Tell a story! it's not about adding all the funky charts and cool viz. Data Analysis is not about writing SQL and making cool viz, it's about telling a story.
Learn more about Operational Dash vs Leadership vs Strategic. You can have a combo of sorts but you can't have it all

I look forward to seeing your next version. Keep it up.

I am a Data Analyst working for a SaaS company and before that worked in the Oil & Gas industry for almost a decade.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Geeoriginal: 4:29pm On Feb 07, 2022
This is a great job here. The second plot will be difficult for your audience to understand because too many data is involved at the same time. You can grey out the not so important countries and only highlight the important ones. This will depend on story you are trying to tell. With Tableau, this is very possible. (You can highlight the top 5 and the least 5 as an example).
There is this temptation in data visualization to put everything out there, this will always come out clumsy and your audience will not get your message clearly.
Your text analysis is cool too, but the scale is making Canada, UK and Mexico to look the same at first glance.

What are your data sources for this project? If you do not mind, can you share either here or DM?
Great job and you are a fast learner.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by donsheddy1(m): 4:33pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idzitari1:
Awesome, but the colors are too looking shouting. Great job keep it up
Which dey color start to dey shout for this country?
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by peacettw: 4:40pm On Feb 07, 2022
Phi001:

Unless he's planning to venture into software development eventually, he really doesn't need to. It's something he's 99% likely never to use.
It's akin to learning how to manipulate binary trees, linked lists and hashed maps as proof you know your stuff. You will almost likely never use it.

It's better he focus to perfecting the craft of Data Analysis.
EDA, Visualization, Bootstrapping, Simulation, Confidence Intervals, Box plots, Swarm plots, Point plots etc.

There are several concepts within Data Analysis he can learn and practice.

He mentioned repeatedly that he is in the advanced stages of python. Clearly he is interested in the programming language and not just data analysis.

OOP is very crucial in his development. He can also develop his own libraries and he won't be able to do all of that if he is not fully armed with the basics of python.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by mojibbz(m): 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ugaboy:

Though there is no prediction on this visual...but tell the story of the performance.

With the Analysis, you can make prediction months and days U.S are likely to have more passengers traveling or migrating.

Though I have some Machine Learning project on Python, Excel and Statistics (I just choose to share this cus I joined a monthly competition on LinkedIn)

Please how did you start learning data analysis?
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by dauntless15(m): 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2022
Impressive and beautiful nonsense, even though I have no idea what this is. grin
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by maziude: 4:43pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ugaboy:

This is good.

Just work on your colour combinations aside that you are on the right path!
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by smaze01: 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2022
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Phi001(m): 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
peacettw:

He mentioned repeatedly that he is in the advanced stages of python. Clearly he is interested in the programming language and not just data analysis.

OOP is very crucial in his development. He can also develop his own libraries and he won't be able to do all of that if he is not fully armed with the basics of python.
Advanced stages ke?

I thought he said he started 2 weeks ago.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by jolamat(m): 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
Bro, this is very impressive. The dashboard in your analysis is awesome.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by peacettw: 5:07pm On Feb 07, 2022
Phi001:

Advanced stages ke?

He started learning data analysis 2 weeks ago. However, he is advanced in python. His words
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 5:07pm On Feb 07, 2022
mojibbz:

Please how did you start learning data analysis?
udemy, YouTube, kaggle, stack overflow and pdf
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by powerblaze(m): 5:08pm On Feb 07, 2022
Very good work.
I'd say keep the font simple for uniform user experience.
You may do a light a dark theme so users can have a personal experience as well.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 5:11pm On Feb 07, 2022
BIfeedback:

Hi Ugaboy,
Well done for your first attempt. It's a good try. Below are some way to improve your viz skill.

Too much going on on the viz. Who is your audience? Focus on the audience. Is it for a manager? The Ops team? etc
Like many comments here, the colour combo is not good. Go easy. Have a soft colour palette. If using a black background, because with your text colour choices
The font is a no-no. Use professional font. No handwriting font
Tell a story! it's not about adding all the funky charts and cool viz. Data Analysis is not about writing SQL and making cool viz, it's about telling a story.
Learn more about Operational Dash vs Leadership vs Strategic. You can have a combo of sorts but you can't have it all

I look forward to seeing your next version. Keep it up.

I am a Data Analyst working for a SaaS company and before that worked in the Oil & Gas industry for almost a decade.

Thanks, so much.

This is inspiring...Im reading all the comments.
I love to tag u on my next update...let me quickly follow u.

Cus...This is my final year studying mathematics.

Is there a way I can dm for some bugging question...if any?
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 5:14pm On Feb 07, 2022
Geeoriginal:
This is a great job here. The second plot will be difficult for your audience to understand because too many data is involved at the same time. You can grey out the not so important countries and only highlight the important ones. This will depend on story you are trying to tell. With Tableau, this is very possible. (You can highlight the top 5 and the least 5 as an example).
There is this temptation in data visualization to put everything out there, this will always come out clumsy and your audience will not get your message clearly.
Your text analysis is cool too, but the scale is making Canada, UK and Mexico to look the same at first glance.

What are your data sources for this project? If you do not mind, can you share either here or DM?
Great job and you are a fast learner.

Yes

Thanks, I'm grateful for Nairaland mod pushing this forward..

U can dm, so I can share it.

Thanks...I really appreciate
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Phi001(m): 5:15pm On Feb 07, 2022
peacettw:

He started learning data analysis 2 weeks ago. However, he is advanced in python. His words
Oh okay.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by ejihand(m): 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2022
peacettw:

Who knew! I wish the moderators will focus more on this.
Encouraging members to share their personal projects etc

@op Concerning your data visualization, at first glance, I couldn't make out anything from it. Even after staring at it several times, it is still very unclear. I don't know what is in the x-axis or y-axis.

It is very cluttered and the colors are jarring to the eye. Don't know the software that you used but I want to encourage you to try the following
1. Matplotlib.pyplot
2. Seaborn
3. Plotly
4. ggplot2 which is my personal favourite.

Good luck

In addition, I would suggest power BI and Tableau since he was talking about data visualization. We have other tools like you stated above.
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2022
Phi001:

Advanced stages ke?

bro 2weeks on Tableau.

For Python and Excel...bring ur data let me help do the finish and tell u pertern if that u want to know
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by TheGift: 5:20pm On Feb 07, 2022
Well done. It looks good for someone who just started. Keep it up
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 5:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
Edipet:
Op can we talk on WhatsApp please
Sure
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 5:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
Edipet:
Op can we talk on WhatsApp please

U can pick my number on my signature
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Legendoo: 5:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
Two weeks?

Super awesome.

We should start all this coding, data competitions on nairaland, awarding winner's with cash.

Got to encourage this youngins otherwise all of them go turn yahoo/ prostitutes

Mods , dey try get sense, we don tire for all the useless news
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Ugaboy: 5:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
peacettw:

I understand. Best of luck then. I use python to clean my data which is really the stressful stage of any data analysis.
Python makes it so easy especially when functions are employed.

For the actual analysis, I use SPSS or R. For my visuals, ggplot2.

Again I am still learning..

Download...hands on machine learning...this has help learn every libraries on Python.

It even help become faster than videos.

I only use Google to backup any uncompressive path

1 Like

Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by GallopBlog: 5:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
You are doing well
Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by Asour: 5:49pm On Feb 07, 2022
peacettw:

Who knew! I wish the moderators will focus more on this.
Encouraging members to share their personal projects etc

@op Concerning your data visualization, at first glance, I couldn't make out anything from it. Even after staring at it several times, it is still very unclear. I don't know what is in the x-axis or y-axis.

It is very cluttered and the colors are jarring to the eye. Don't know the software that you used but I want to encourage you to try the following
1. Matplotlib.pyplot
2. Seaborn
3. Plotly
4. ggplot2 which is my personal favourite.

Good luck

Is ggplot2 a python library too?

I know it as an R package.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? / Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? / 6 Signs Your PC Is About To Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.