Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

"Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding (44876 Views)

Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding / Two Nigerian Lesbians Tie The Knot At Private Wedding In Canada (see Photos) / Neighbours Are Tired Of Our Moaning; Nigerian Man Shares Photos Of Oyinbo Babe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 06, 2022
jimtemi1:
most of them no even fine reach this one

Lol
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by Godspihighlife: 5:59pm On Feb 06, 2022
donbachi:
Every man should marry a woman he can afford.
yes u are right. If you can't afford lexus 360, go for Volvo.
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by Qatar2022: 6:06pm On Feb 06, 2022
Olunmercy56:
cool very simple! Thanks to your understanding woman too
So far wedding understanding is concern it depends on the wife

2 Likes

Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by YouandiAllofus: 6:07pm On Feb 06, 2022
MissSweet:

You are absolutely right! Men should stop trying to prove themselves. All you need is drop down your ego.

With packaging and looking presentable, you can always hunt and catch a rich girl.
With help from her dad and Mon, you can have a lavish owambe.
Her Mon & friends do pepper then gang with matching outfits.
In return, you enjoy the benefits of big wedding.
Just be humble to her family and you men won't have problem as long as you always respond with YES MA kiss
With all due respect bros, where is the man in you?
And don't get me wrong, this is not about ego but capabilities.
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by Geeman2006: 6:09pm On Feb 06, 2022
Amotolongbo:
What causes the overdo most times is by trying to impress and outshine previous friends’ weddings , forgetting that wedding isn’t a competition.

It is not a competition oh.. some go and spend millions on wedding and the marriage later crashes. Instead of both parties to know it is not the wedding they should work on , but the marriage instead.
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by Obynolee(f): 6:09pm On Feb 06, 2022
frozen70:
What about traditional and church marriage

Was it the same 10 people crowd that you gathered or they were more

The way you arranged your marriage is the way people will attend, you are not doing it to impress anyone

But to fulfill all righteousness

He must have done his traditional marriage I guess,there is nothing like "church marriage", no church in Nigeria has the power to contract a marriage,only two laws guides marriage (custom and The Act) what church does is to celebrate a marriage (which is optional).
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by Benprass(m): 6:11pm On Feb 06, 2022
MissSweet:

You are absolutely right! Men should stop trying to prove themselves. All you need is drop down your ego.

With packaging and looking presentable, you can always hunt and catch a rich girl.
With help from her dad and Mon, you can have a lavish owambe.
Her Mon & friends do pepper then gang with matching outfits.
In return, you enjoy the benefits of big wedding.
Just be humble to her family and you men won't have problem as long as you always respond with YES MA kiss

So because of wedding we should be doing YES MA

God forbid evil things! So after wedding the man will become automatic house boy tufiakwa

Rich or poor do what you can afford.
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by ufotunang: 6:12pm On Feb 06, 2022
If Nigerian ladies will like to wed in the marriage registry.....no problem
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by Carot: 6:12pm On Feb 06, 2022
Amotolongbo:
I am married!
Any problem with that?
how was it
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by mike404(m): 6:14pm On Feb 06, 2022
Iyaebe:
Even though I'd prefer a quiet wedding but I know it's not going to be possible. The way my mum goes about the day her only daughter will get married is scary to me, I don't want to deny her that joy,so as for me there's no quiet wedding even though I don't like it.
WHO GO MARRY YOU undecided
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by AreaFada2: 6:15pm On Feb 06, 2022
Misterone:
whether na pastor daughter or imam. in Nigeria, everyone comes from a family unit, everyone in your family cannot be a pastor. even born throw away, na person bring am up. someone must ask for something, else marriage never start

That's the hypocrisy. Some clergy people ready to marry people without family consent, claiming that faith supersedes tradition. But the same clergy will remember that they have a tradition when their own daughter is to get married. They also forget that the modern faiths they practice now come from other people's culture in the Middle East.

1 Like

Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by nwosu1982: 6:16pm On Feb 06, 2022
Paying of bride price ( traditional marriage) is most important wedding, you can decide to do statutory marriage ( court marriage/ church wedding). There's no difference between church wedding and court wedding , both are same , what matters is the certificate of marriage. Some churches do issue fake certificate that are not recognized by the law
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by mrksquare: 6:20pm On Feb 06, 2022
benjackugo:
A Nigerian lawyer, Ani Nnamdi Chris has encouraged men who are planning to get married to save themselves from expenses by going for modest wedding, IGBERETV reports.

Ani, who got married in Port Harcourt on Friday revealed the modest expenses he had to make on his wedding day.

Sharing photos from his wedding on Twitter, he wrote;

https://twitter.com/AniNnamdiChris_/status/1489911198728527872?t=ZVLA_YucKMTetHmgi-CkTA&s=19

In a subsequent tweet, he concluded,

https://twitter.com/AniNnamdiChris_/status/1489911905644908544?t=wPY22klt9kIv_Spp49rUcg&s=19

Life was designed ab Initio to be simple. Till men now came up with their so-called cultures and norms that came and complicated things.
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by Amotolongbo(f): 6:21pm On Feb 06, 2022
Carot:
how was it
sweet

Just 4 people at Ikoyi

1 Like

Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 06, 2022
Amotolongbo:
What causes the overdo most times is by trying to impress and outshine previous friends’ weddings , forgetting that wedding isn’t a competition.
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by PotatoSalad(m): 6:22pm On Feb 06, 2022
donbachi:
Every man should marry a woman he can afford.
Na commodity?
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by Judd007: 6:24pm On Feb 06, 2022
Very easy style,I ran mine like this 12 years ago, at times sef I de forget say I don marry, no too much spending, it’s just understanding from both parties.
benjackugo:
A Nigerian lawyer, Ani Nnamdi Chris has encouraged men who are planning to get married to save themselves from expenses by going for modest wedding, IGBERETV reports.

Ani, who got married in Port Harcourt on Friday revealed the modest expenses he had to make on his wedding day.

Sharing photos from his wedding on Twitter, he wrote;

https://twitter.com/AniNnamdiChris_/status/1489911198728527872?t=ZVLA_YucKMTetHmgi-CkTA&s=19

In a subsequent tweet, he concluded,

https://twitter.com/AniNnamdiChris_/status/1489911905644908544?t=wPY22klt9kIv_Spp49rUcg&s=19

1 Like

Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by edoairways: 6:28pm On Feb 06, 2022
Loewe:

I put my faith above tradition so I would chose Church wedding anytime. As for registry, na only certificate I need, not a big deal.
Church wedding is unscriptural
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by Joshuam1(m): 6:29pm On Feb 06, 2022
Nigerians are getting wise.
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by Bekermann(m): 6:33pm On Feb 06, 2022
Articulate

highoctane:

In Nigeria there only two marriage acts.
1: Customary marriage often called traditional marriage.
What constitutes this type of marriage (a) Bride price must be paid in full, and the bride will be handed over to the groom or any of his family member. Any other celebration or gifts are not taken into account, if you like buy an estate for your in-laws.
(b) Parents consent is required.
(c) It can be conducted any time within 24 hours of a day, it's open to polygamy
And
Statutory marriage often called court wedding.
(a) Parents consent is not required.
(b) Bride price is not required.
(c) It must be conducted before official office closing hour, and within 90 days after filling papers and full stamped documents, marriage vows should conducted by a registered marriage registrar, who must be a legal personel.
Any of the two is legal and binding before God and Man.,
(d) It does not allow polygamy
Remember any church or places that perform statutory marriage without been licensed makes the marriage void, ask your clergy whether your church is permitted and licensed to perform statutory marriage, for example after having gone to a marriage registrar and obtain necessary papers, you go to your pastor to administer the marriage vows, if the church place is not registered to perform such, you marriage is invalid.
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by nnamdi640: 6:35pm On Feb 06, 2022
This one is expensive, come to catholic, you will do morning mass wedding spending less than #10000 once the two parents are in support.
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by Jamesbiodun(m): 6:42pm On Feb 06, 2022
I swear na this kind wedding I like no be the one you will go and borrow car and money to do wedding and be suffering after one month into the wedding
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by assholemods: 6:46pm On Feb 06, 2022
frozen70:
What about traditional and church marriage

Was it the same 10 people crowd that you gathered or they were more

The way you arranged your marriage is the way people will attend, you are not doing it to impress anyone

But to fulfill all righteousness
Fulfill all righteousness by wasting money.
Is it a must to do white wedding?
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by assholemods: 6:51pm On Feb 06, 2022
Kriss216:
To be honest, marriage with a non virgin Nigerian girl shouldn't be a thing of celebration.

Wise groom.

God bless him more.
What if it is a non virgin Oyibo girl will it worth celebrating? See mentality!
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by theamazonguru(m): 6:51pm On Feb 06, 2022
Thank God for your wife.
She is a good wife.

What makes wedding expensive is the unnecessary expenses and expectations of the bride and her family in most cases.

My wife's parents requested for cow.
My wife who knew my pocket resisted it with her might.

Las las they succumbed.
It was a very simple wedding.
No rentals,na church hall we convert to reception.
No extra expense on decorations, na church decoration we use.
Na one vibrant youth anchor the reception program. No expense on professional MC.
Na wife bake her own cake.

Family and friends gather to cook no money spent on catering services.
Na my friend carry em friends come sing. I just give them transport form the money wey dem spray us.

For honey moon, we go arrange one challet for one of the popular churches wey dey offer that service. Cheap price
2 days we are back.
Very low budget wedding.

Life resumed as usual.

We no owe anyone.
No body came after us threatening heaven and hell or to pull down the roof because of debt.

What matters is your own happiness. NEVER the happiness or satisfaction of your guests.

If you go borrow money do wedding, satisfy people for just 1 day event.
Na you go face the burden of repayment of debt and shame of indebtedness.
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by bfn1: 6:55pm On Feb 06, 2022
Some people are still not aware of these rules. Ignorance, indeed, is very bad.
highoctane:

In Nigeria there only two marriage acts.
1: Customary marriage often called traditional marriage.
What constitutes this type of marriage (a) Bride price must be paid in full, and the bride will be handed over to the groom or any of his family member. Any other celebration or gifts are not taken into account, if you like buy an estate for your in-laws.
(b) Parents consent is required.
(c) It can be conducted any time within 24 hours of a day, it's open to polygamy
And
Statutory marriage often called court wedding.
(a) Parents consent is not required.
(b) Bride price is not required.
(c) It must be conducted before official office closing hour, and within 90 days after filling papers and full stamped documents, marriage vows should conducted by a registered marriage registrar, who must be a legal personel.
Any of the two is legal and binding before God and Man.,
(d) It does not allow polygamy
Remember any church or places that perform statutory marriage without been licensed makes the marriage void, ask your clergy whether your church is permitted and licensed to perform statutory marriage, for example after having gone to a marriage registrar and obtain necessary papers, you go to your pastor to administer the marriage vows, if the church place is not registered to perform such, you marriage is invalid.
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by Evidenx(m): 6:55pm On Feb 06, 2022
Simple wedding...Na this kind one I wan do... I nor fit stress myself.
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by Lastmankc(m): 6:57pm On Feb 06, 2022
odinson1:
I hope you married that woman a Virgin?

Non-virgins/PROSTITUTES have no business getting married. They should continue doing what they do best, sampling dicks bigger than their father's Head grin

But jokes aside,if you Are An Average man earning 100k monthly or thereabout,and you have a wedding worth millions,you are a very Stupid Fool! You men should just stop trying to over prove yourselves. Don't live to impress or show off.

Do wetin your power catch,have your wedding,and take your virgin wife home to break open the seal.
Virgin for this naija?what we have now are mostly damaged hymens.And this ladies can accommodate dick that is even bigger than their fathers head.
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by Lastmankc(m): 6:59pm On Feb 06, 2022
Iyaebe:
Even though I'd prefer a quiet wedding but I know it's not going to be possible. The way my mum goes about the day her only daughter will get married is scary to me, I don't want to deny her that joy,so as for me there's no quiet wedding even though I don't like it.
Just tell you mum that your hymen has already been destroyed,she will calm down.
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by FantasticJ: 7:03pm On Feb 06, 2022
Loewe:

I put my faith above tradition so I would chose Church wedding anytime. As for registry, na only certificate I need, not a big deal.

You see African with a borrowed culture?

Show me one verse in the bible where Jesus said you should go to church for wedding?
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by Glowqueen3(f): 7:04pm On Feb 06, 2022
Hmmmn,cute couple, Happy married life,you two look good together
Re: "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 06, 2022
FantasticJ:

You see African with a borrowed culture?

Show me one verse in the bible where Jesus said you should go to church for wedding?

Na you sabi. Do your own make I do my own...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ladies: Stop Saying You Were Used And Dumped / What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? / Northern Wedding Of Groom That Loves To Dance & His Shy Bride That Can't Dance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.