Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

The Same People That Brought Us Christianity Also Brought Slave Chains(photos) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Same People That Brought Us Christianity Also Brought Slave Chains(photos) (999 Views)

Don't Forget They Were The Same People That Ask The Church To Close / Bishop Oyedepo: "You See Where Change Has Brought Us Since 2015" / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: The Same People That Brought Us Christianity Also Brought Slave Chains(photos) by hucknall: 5:54pm On Feb 18, 2022
immortalcrown:

Your usage of "What if..." clearly shows you are only using sentiments and assumptions in this argument. You have not presented any fact. The missionaries were not used by the slave traders because the missionaries did not preach that slavery is biblically right. Also, the Africans that were enslaved by the white slavers never had soft minds towards the white slavers. Those Africans forcefully resisted the slavery to an extent that the white slavers began to use drugs to weaken those slaves. No history says Africans humbly accepted to be enslaved by white people. So, how did white missionaries soften the minds of Africans for slavery? I already said in my main comment that the white missionaries' preaching never made Africans docile in slavery. But your sentiment prevented you from taking note of the points in my main comment.

I have a justification to tell you that your sentiment rendered your brain less active when you read my comment. The justification is that I presented enough undeniable facts in my comment. And I did not quickly conclude that you are sentimental. I exchanged many comments with you before saying you are sentimental.
Good to see sane minds on NL smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Have A Personal Relationship With God, Why Do You Need Holy Books? / Im Curious, With All The Laws Stipulated By Religion, Would Man Ever Meet Bible Standards? / Your Knowledge Of Or Experiences With Deeper Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.