Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

My Mom.is Always Right - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom.is Always Right (924 Views)

Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad / My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mom.is Always Right by Lamanii22(f): 1:52am On Feb 07, 2022
Hello guys, this may be a bit lengthy, please bear with me... thank you

my mother is always right about everything,could it be her 6th sense or something more.... so many times I would be like "mom I don't agree with you" and later i'd be like "omoor mummy you're right ooo".... I am someone who is very plain and I easily trust people, so there's guy who offered to teach me pastries for free, he even offered to teach me at my own home... I was like what a lovely gesture, he is the one that will buy ingredients, he would buy me ice cream, yoghurt and different things..... my mom was like "does he want to marry me" I'm like "he is just being nice that's all"...

So one day he came to tell us that they are doing freezer promo in his area and that he has already started the payment on my behalf.... cause one can pay in installment, he showed me everything, he said he has almost finished the payment and that the balance is remaining 20k and we needed freezer so badly that time cause I sell tasty time and drinks.... I was like "what a great opportunity"... I then told my mom happily about... my mom just said "o fe gba e ni" (he wants to scam you), I told her no way that someone that is teaching me kini for free, I sha collected the money from my mom and then gave it to this guy, he even showed me the receipt and the freezer via video call and all...... guys it's been two years I didn't see freezer nor my mom's 20k... He still calls me and keeps promising he would return the money, some part of me still believes he would return the money cause if you see this person eehn, he is really nice, he would help me carry tasty time from a very far distance to my house..... there was this day I lost my market money and he gave it back to me...

I just don't understand why he lied to me, or maybe he needed my money for something or he just did all that to gain my trust, my mom would always say she warned me but I didn't listen..... I have always wanted to prove my mom wrong but she's right all the time.....

Some other occasions like that too but this one....
Re: My Mom.is Always Right by dawnomike(m): 2:55am On Feb 07, 2022
Lamanii22:

my mother is always right about everything,could it be her 6th sense or something more.... so many times I would be like "mom I don't agree with you" and later i'd be like "omoor mummy you're right ooo".... I am someone who is very plain and I easily trust people, so there's guy who offered to teach me pastries for free, he even offered to teach me at my own home... I was like what a lovely gesture, he is the one that will buy ingredients, he would buy me ice cream, yoghurt and different things..... my mom was like "does he want to marry me" I'm like "he is just being nice that's all"...

So one day he came to tell us that they are doing freezer promo in his area and that he has already started the payment on my behalf.... cause one can pay in installment, he showed me everything, he said he has almost finished the payment and that the balance is remaining 20k and we needed freezer so badly that time cause I sell tasty time and drinks.... I was like "what a great opportunity"... I then told my mom happily about... my mom just said "o fe gba e ni" (he wants to scam you), I told her no way that someone that is teaching me kini for free, I sha collected the money from my mom and then gave it to this guy, he even showed me the receipt and the freezer via video call and all...... guys it's been two years I didn't see freezer nor my mom's 20k... He still calls me and keeps promising he would return the money, some part of me still believes he would return the money cause if you see this person eehn, he is really nice, he would help me carry tasty time from a very far distance to my house..... there was this day I lost my market money and he gave it back to me...

I just don't understand why he lied to me, or maybe he needed my money for something or he just did all that to gain my trust, my mom would always say she warned me but I didn't listen..... I have always wanted to prove my mom wrong but she's right all the time.....

What a child sees by climbing a tree is what an elder sees while seated... grin
Since you've noticed such ability in your mum, seek for ways to use seek her opinions for your own good in most of your decisions.

3 Likes

Re: My Mom.is Always Right by Truvelisback(m): 5:52am On Feb 07, 2022

1 Like

Re: My Mom.is Always Right by socialmediaman: 5:55am On Feb 07, 2022
I just don't understand why he lied to me, or maybe he needed my money for something or he just did all that to gain my trust

There are a few possibilities: one is that you were his perfect target, two is that you were not cooperating, three is that he’s a habitual scammer

Being his perfect target, he gained your trust, then found his opportunity, and you fell for it.

Not cooperating, he thought his investment was supposed to mature to something more or be reciprocated in kind but was disappointed, so he had to find a way to get his payment as he didn’t intend to run a charity organization

Being a habitual scammer, he’s the type that scams everyone including his own family, wife, everyone. He still likes you but if he needs money, you’re his closest target and he has no filter.

1 Like

Re: My Mom.is Always Right by MufasaLion: 6:09am On Feb 07, 2022
Re: My Mom.is Always Right by bigcee(m): 11:29am On Feb 07, 2022
Lol grin the man is not nice. He manipulated you. The man is a good actor. All he did was scripted. He projected a false image of himself. You fell for the bait(gained your trust) and boom, he scammed you. He idealized you, lol grin. There are people who can watch you from distance and conclude you perfectly fit into their target. Your mum is a wise woman.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom.is Always Right by Acidosis(m): 12:43pm On Feb 07, 2022
...but she's not right about the marriage part. Am I missing something? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Mom.is Always Right by Dollywood(m): 12:55pm On Feb 07, 2022
Lamanii22:

You're actually quite dumb not that your mother is always right.
Re: My Mom.is Always Right by Mariangeles(f): 1:03pm On Feb 07, 2022
It is not about your mum always being right, it is about you being too trusting.

All you described above was just too obvious for anyone, especially someone who’s street smart, to know what the guy was up to.

1 Like

Re: My Mom.is Always Right by Mariangeles(f): 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
Dollywood:

She’s not dumb.
She’s pure minded.
Our world is in ruins today because people take trust for granted and abuse it.

1 Like

Re: My Mom.is Always Right by Lamanii22(f): 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
Acidosis:

...but she's not right about the marriage part. Am I missing something? undecided

She's right... he did asked me out at some point but I declined cause I was never attracted to him.... so we decided to keep the relationship as a teacher student kind of thing....
Re: My Mom.is Always Right by Lamanii22(f): 1:13pm On Feb 07, 2022
socialmediaman:

There are a few possibilities: one is that you were his perfect target, two is that you were not cooperating, three is that he’s a habitual scammer

Being his perfect target, he gained your trust, then found his opportunity, and you fell for it.

Not cooperating, he thought his investment was supposed to mature to something more or be reciprocated in kind but was disappointed, so he had to find a way to get his payment as he didn’t intend to run a charity organization

Being a habitual scammer, he’s the type that scams everyone including his own family, wife, everyone. He still likes you but if he needs money, you’re his closest target and he has no filter.

eeey God, it's just so surreal cause we did so much together, he gave me all kinds of baking books, like 5types, even gave me a small oven..... he was like an angel cause he was always there like he would always show up.... he taught me stirfried foods like so much...... his wife left him though accorrding to what he told me, he even gave my sister an expensive wristwatch oooo... like how could that kind of person scam me..... it pierces my heart.....
Re: My Mom.is Always Right by Dollywood(m): 1:14pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mariangeles:

She’s not dumb.
She’s pure minded.
Our world is in ruins today because people take trust for granted and abuse it.

Pure minded doesn't means you should be dumb and turn bat eye to red flags that are so obvious her old mother grasped in seconds. Perhaps learning the hard way will straighten her up. It's a f- tough world out there.

1 Like

Re: My Mom.is Always Right by Lamanii22(f): 1:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
Dollywood:

No I am not dumb... it is just the level of how close we were and how trustworthy he seemed.....
Re: My Mom.is Always Right by socialmediaman: 1:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
Lamanii22:

eeey God, it's just so surreal cause we did so much together, he gave me all kinds of baking books, like 5types, even gave me a small oven..... he was like an angel cause he was always there like he would always show up.... he taught me stirfried foods like so much...... his wife left him though accorrding to what he told me, he even gave my sister an expensive wristwatch oooo... like how could that kind of person scam me..... it pierces my heart.....

It’s very possible he’s no 3, the habitual scammer. They don’t have a filter that says who they shouldn’t do that to. They’ll scam their wives, parents, siblings etc. doesn’t change the fact that he might be generous or maybe that was his end game all along. They pick their targets sometimes, those who won’t cause too much trouble when they strike
Re: My Mom.is Always Right by Acidosis(m): 1:37pm On Feb 07, 2022
Lamanii22:

She's right... he did asked me out at some point but I declined cause I was never attracted to him.... so we decided to keep the relationship as a teacher student kind of thing....

Alright. I may be wrong but I do not think the guy was out to scam you. Why would he want to scam you of N20,000 after everything he did for you? What kind of scammer will stress himself for that sum in this generation and age?

There are only two logical explanations to this;

1. The guy also got scammed by whoever was behind the freezer deal.

2. He wanted relationship and since you didn't give in, he decided to recoup his investment on you deceitfully.

5 Likes

Re: My Mom.is Always Right by socialmediaman: 1:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
Lamanii22:

lOL based on this new information, he was no 2 in my first post. He invested time and money hoping for a relationship but you disappointed him… that’s where some of us will cut our losses and move on, but no, some people will get their money back, them no come run charity organization lol
Re: My Mom.is Always Right by Saintmary(f): 6:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
Lamanii22:

Please get closer to your Mom.

And don't take any freebies from any Nigerian male. Nuff said.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom.is Always Right by frozen70(f): 9:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
Lamanii22:

You want to compare your mum with all her experience and exposure with you that is yet to see 1/100 of all she has seen in this world

Keep trusting people until they injure you

1 Like

Re: My Mom.is Always Right by socialmediaman: 4:05pm On Feb 08, 2022
Lamanii22:

He wanted a relationship in return but you declined, that was when you would’ve started cutting ties, you were basically wasting his time at that point because he had nothing else to gain, unless you provided some other need for him. This world is built mostly on reciprocity

(1) (Reply)

How Best Can You Answer The Question: Do You Love Me? / This Is About Men Who Get Married To Women In Faraway Schools. / Stop!!! Don't Love Me, My Heart Is With Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.