Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Does It Make Sense To Remain In Nigeria - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Does It Make Sense To Remain In Nigeria (19937 Views)

Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm / 1 Million Dollars To Remain In Naija Vs 5000$ To Japa. Pick One / US Reciprocity Visa Fees To Remain, Despite FG Turnaround - Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does It Make Sense To Remain In Nigeria by AirBay: 2:36pm On Oct 31, 2022
BrodaAgbaya:
Hi guys,

After some thoughts, i realized this wasn`t a really smart move cos i have a good job here in Nigeria where I'm paid above 200k each month, This will increase to above 300k in the next 2months still with some bonuses.

Is there any sense in dropping all these to go to a place of uncertainty and start leaving from hand to mouth cos i`d be struggling to pay my debt and tuition??

No one knows tomorrow but bet me, you MAY regret that decision in few years time. I hope Nigeria gets better. Best of luck bro
Re: Does It Make Sense To Remain In Nigeria by AirBay: 2:39pm On Oct 31, 2022
LegalWolf:

See, brother let me give you a heart to heart conversation.

Too much Sense in this
Re: Does It Make Sense To Remain In Nigeria by HRprof: 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2022
AirBay:

The Youths that were trying to take over during the end sars protest, what happened to them?
There is a better way to take over not by violent
Re: Does It Make Sense To Remain In Nigeria by AirBay: 5:04pm On Oct 31, 2022
HRprof:

There is a better way to take over not by violent

Please Educate me with the betters ways.. and fighting for someone's right is termed violence?
Re: Does It Make Sense To Remain In Nigeria by HRprof: 6:24pm On Oct 31, 2022
AirBay:

Please Educate me with the betters ways.. and fighting for someone's right is termed violence?
Just Vote wisely come 2023
OBI is coming that’s youth taking over through Obi not by violence
Re: Does It Make Sense To Remain In Nigeria by Gadgetmobil(m): 5:55am On Dec 05, 2022
benpedro:
I left Nigeria in 2015 and it was the best decision I've ever made in my life. The peace of mind, clean environment, water, food, health care, being surrounded by civilized people, no generator noise and a better future for your unborn kids. Did I forget to mention that this is my 7th year here and I've not taken any malaria pill! grin Like the posters above advised, that your 300k salary is nothing compared to the peace of mind you'll get abroad. And what is more, you'll earn more if not more than double what you currently earn . So bro, if you're not an educated norther/Muslim find a way and leave that God forsaken country as soon as possible. Do not procrastinate!

Please Bossman
I have been trying to reach you.
Tried to mail you via Nairaland.
I'm in the US and would love to discuss certain thing with you as regards Mexico.
Mail me on Gadgetmobil@gmail.com

Quote me here as well
Re: Does It Make Sense To Remain In Nigeria by Ifakiland(m): 9:02am On Dec 05, 2022
BrodaAgbaya:
Hi guys,

I was planning to travel out to UK, Germany or any other stable European country for my Master`s by September of this year of which i will be able to raise 2million from my pocket and then borrow about 2/3million from a person i know for some fees then get there are do part times jobs to complete my tuition fee.

After some thoughts, i realized this wasn`t a really smart move cos i have a good job here in Nigeria where I'm paid above 200k each month, This will increase to above 300k in the next 2months still with some bonuses.

Is there any sense in dropping all these to go to a place of uncertainty and start leaving from hand to mouth cos i`d be struggling to pay my debt and tuition??

One of the driving forces towards wanting to travel out is the fear of 2023 elections and the fact that many of my friends we finished together are all travelling out. Yeah, i know the second reason doesn't make sense, but that`s just me being honest here.

My plan now is to keep working here in Nigeria probably for about 3/4 years more, live the baby boy life, develop relevant skills then get a job over there or go for an MBA. 3/4 years from now i should have saved more than 2million for travel.

Also note i will be turning 26 towards the end of the year, so i think there`s still a bit of time on my end.

I need advice from you guys, is this a sensible idea putting into consideration things that could go wrong pre/post elections, the current standard of living in Lagos and the current and future exchange rates.

I have noticed the crazy rush to leave the country among we youths but i have also noticed that those that have good paying jobs in multinationals, fintechs, banks, govt etc are not bothered about leaving the country. Also noticed most of my friends who left were all earning less than 100k in salary.

Please tell me what y`all think??

Mods in case reactions are much, abeg push to Front page

Lol you call 200k/300k big salary?
I make N2.5m monthly as a call center agent in the uk....den anoda 3m as a warehouse at night....that's a total £4500 or £4050 after tax.....my rent is £550 monthly, food is £200, phone is £54....now check if your salary of 2yrs is big again

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense To Remain In Nigeria by BrodaAgbaya: 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2022
Ifakiland:

Lol you call 200k/300k big salary?
I make N2.5m monthly as a call center agent in the uk....den anoda 3m as a warehouse at night....that's a total £4500 or £4050 after tax.....my rent is £550 monthly, food is £200, phone is £54....now check if your salary of 2yrs is big again

Even though this was long closed and i made my decision already, i must say your response is quite annoying. Am i suppose to compare a Uk salary to my naija salary?? Na naira you dey spend over there?? What`s my business with what you earn over there?? Is it possible for me to work two jobs in Nigeria?? Did i say i was comparing salary with other people or that i was evening earning a large salary??

Abeg shift with your nonsense answer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does It Make Sense To Remain In Nigeria by Sweetvie: 4:34pm On Dec 05, 2022
Hmmm
Don't borrow money to travel that's not a smart move at all. Just save up more.
And why don't you look toward Canada and Australia? A whole lot of money tho' smiley but the best country i can think of smiley
Re: Does It Make Sense To Remain In Nigeria by Ifakiland(m): 12:37am On Dec 06, 2022
BrodaAgbaya:

Even though this was long closed and i made my decision already, i must say your response is quite annoying. Am i suppose to compare a Uk salary to my naija salary?? Na naira you dey spend over there?? What`s my business with what you earn over there?? Is it possible for me to work two jobs in Nigeria?? Did i say i was comparing salary with other people or that i was evening earning a large salary??

Abeg shift with your nonsense answer.
Werey you can't even afford coming abroad....stay in Nigeria with your chicken change salary lol broke ass

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense To Remain In Nigeria by melonsgroup: 1:07am On Dec 06, 2022
Ifakiland:

Werey you can't even afford coming abroad....stay in Nigeria with your chicken change salary lol broke ass
Re: Does It Make Sense To Remain In Nigeria by Ifakiland(m): 7:26am On Dec 06, 2022
melonsgroup:
Bros abeg sponsor my trip to abroad...
I'll forever remain grateful..
Please save a soul
How much you get for savings make I help you add run the process via student route.
Re: Does It Make Sense To Remain In Nigeria by melonsgroup: 2:11pm On Dec 06, 2022
Ifakiland:

How much you get for savings make I help you add run the process via student route.
500k sir
Re: Does It Make Sense To Remain In Nigeria by BrodaAgbaya: 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2022
Ifakiland:

Why you pained on my salary, life and decision Crawl back to the dark hole you came from.
Re: Does It Make Sense To Remain In Nigeria by BrodaAgbaya: 6:17pm On Dec 06, 2022
melonsgroup:
500k sir

Better don`t allow the crab defraud you of your 500k. Na scammer oh
Re: Does It Make Sense To Remain In Nigeria by melonsgroup: 12:52am On Dec 07, 2022
BrodaAgbaya:

Better don`t allow the crab defraud you of your 500k. Na scammer oh
Lol shocked
Re: Does It Make Sense To Remain In Nigeria by XAUBulls: 4:16pm On Apr 28, 2023
bull67:
My advise for you is to come to scotland UK. The tution fees here is cheap compared to other parts of the uk. do your findings on google. There is west scotland university, university of glasgow and their are unversities in the capital of scotland edingburn. I am telling you this because i live there. I moved from england to live up north in scotland. i have a 25 year daughter who is a graduate in england . The fees down south is very expensive, so come up north. Its not easy doing it alone i think you need help if you have brothers and uncles to help. The door is open now. They give student visas to study in scotland. FOR MORE INFO ealli45@yahoo.co.uk.
True and insightful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World / $111m Port Harcourt Airport Yet To Become Operational 2 Months After Commissioni / Petrol Tanker Fell On Airport Road Ikeja, Lagos State. VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.