Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station (16304 Views)

Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? / I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Okeziesg(m): 3:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
What you are telling this person about the filling is to learn
how to cheat people.
sageb:

You did not post your present location so we can compare it with Ibadan for which is better for you.
Fuel station attendants do make money daily aside their salary.
You can ask those that have worked in fuel station before.
If you are the smart type with good numerical ability, go for the fuel station job.
Thereafter you can apply to study in Ibadan poly.
You can even apply to study in the Technical University, Ibadan.
Tech Uni have a scholarship partnership with. Makinde's Government.
Goodluck on your aspiration
"Ise Logun Ise".
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Blackdisciple(m): 3:35pm On Feb 07, 2022
Move without thinking twice oo
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by ajericho(m): 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
Hello Nairalanders,there is a very confusing issue I would love to share here so your opinions are highly needed.

I work in a bank as a cleaner since last year April and I earn #26,000 per month. I have been working with the aim of starting a business (even if I don't have any business idea to run)or furthering my education because I stop at SS3 since 2017 when I graduated.
Last week, my uncle called me that there is vacancy at a filling station in ibadan then from there I will continue schooling in a polythecnic of ibadan.He said I will be paid #15,000 per month an I will do part time at the poly.He said I shouldn't worry about accommodation and feeding.He also said I will be paying my school fees from my salary.

I haven't worked in a filling station before but I would love to change environment too. I don't want to leave this job and regret later and I don't know if I will do well in the filling station but I also want to further my education too.

I am confused here and I don't know what decision to take.So I came here to seek for a very candid advice on how to deal with the issue.
Please your opinions are needed thank you
Lalasticla.la please help move to front page.Thank you
where's your area?

I would advise you to go to sumal?
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Agentsalt: 3:43pm On Feb 07, 2022
Have been in your shoe before, iwill advice you to go for the fuel station work.
Then further for your par-time.
Am a testimony you will be glad you did in the future.
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Szdorf: 3:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
don't be fooled by leaving ur present job and go to Ibadan for pump attendant, because of daily money
Note
Not all filling station accommodate cheat on costumer , u may end up fire
My advice to since ur salary is 26k here in Lagos and no weekend work , enrol to part time school in Lagos or Ibadan every weekend u can go for lectures shikanna

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by BillionKnights: 3:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
Hello Nairalanders,there is a very confusing issue I would love to share here so your opinions are highly needed.

I work in a bank as a cleaner since last year April and I earn #26,000 per month. I have been working with the aim of starting a business (even if I don't have any business idea to run)or furthering my education because I stop at SS3 since 2017 when I graduated.
Last week, my uncle called me that there is vacancy at a filling station in ibadan then from there I will continue schooling in a polythecnic of ibadan.He said I will be paid #15,000 per month an I will do part time at the poly.He said I shouldn't worry about accommodation and feeding.He also said I will be paying my school fees from my salary.

I haven't worked in a filling station before but I would love to change environment too. I don't want to leave this job and regret later and I don't know if I will do well in the filling station but I also want to further my education too.

I am confused here and I don't know what decision to take.So I came here to seek for a very candid advice on how to deal with the issue.
I've never seen any filling station attender that goes to school.. you won't have time.. just continue your job and enroll for part time program or ND program.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Truth234(m): 3:51pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
shocked and what if they get caught

Don't base your plan on possibility. Focus on the salary and plan around it. The bank job seems like the best option for several reasons. It is stress-free, meaning you can obtain LASU part-time form and further your education.

But I will advise you to get IT skills, like data analysis, programming, UI/UX, Digital marketing, etc. These skills don't take more than 6 months to a year and can help you fast track your earnings which will aid your degree journey. Even your bank can employ you in their IT department.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by adedehinbo(m): 3:52pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
Hmmm yes the bank is less stressful and I don't go to work on weekends
for the fueling station,you will always have 2_3 days off in a week,and you will make more money if you re a smart person
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by morningsta(m): 3:59pm On Feb 07, 2022
Austinbiggy:
is a good ideal by changing your work but i love the cleaner job you are doing there. you can still further your education by enrolling in your location. you going far to ibandan it will take you time to adapt but keep doing the cleaner job and you will surely find a helper around soon at where u are working. dont travel pls

Unless, the fuel station pay is significantly better, I suggest you remain with the bank. Being in a corporate environment like bank exposes you to more opportunities than being a filling station attendant where opportunities are limited and there is no room for growth. You can also further your education @National Open University while working at the bank. I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Jayslyder: 4:09pm On Feb 07, 2022
Well the question is ..
Is your uncle trustworthy..cause na when mwyter sup yawa dey gas
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Obinso: 4:11pm On Feb 07, 2022
Pump Attendant is better off in terms of liquid cash
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by MIGHTY01: 4:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
Filling Station is stressful work
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Romanus123: 4:22pm On Feb 07, 2022
Hello please I need anyone working in Lagos International airport. If have anyone, let him/her contact me I have business for him/her
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by kendological(m): 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:

Work in the filling station, leave that bank job. With the filling station job you get more money and more exposure.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Prospy33: 4:28pm On Feb 07, 2022
I'll advice you continue with your bank cleaner job.
I have once worked as a pump attendant in the filling station.
The extra money you make in filling station can only be through cheating and I advice you don't go that way.

Moreover filling station jobs needs extreme caution, if you don't even know how to drop the petrol hose properly to it's position, you might lose a lot of petrol and the expenses will be on you.

If you are not careful a colleague of yours might sell with your pump without your knowledge and at the end of the day you will be making loses which you will pay.

It is more stressful, the risks are higher and the pay is not worth it.

Work in that bank but assume you are working on a filling station and save that extra 11k for sometime and start up anything you could.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Gold179: 4:35pm On Feb 07, 2022
ghettochild:
Believe ur uncle at ur own peril
Just stick to ur cleaner job
We all know how tedious fuel attendant job is like..
Plus u wont have time for education n u paying ur school fees from 15k.
That your uncle no like u ooo
you are so on point, how will 15k pay school fees and where will he get the time to read and attend lectures? if not that his uncle owns the filling station, he will be sack in no time due to absent for his lectures.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by abdusma8(m): 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:

I will suggest u continue with the bank job and write JAMB and enroll into NOUN (open university of Nigeria)

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by petite626: 4:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:

BRO STAY IN YOUR BANK JOB
IF YOU ARE HARD WORKING U CAN EARN MORE BY RUNNING ERRANDS FOR BANKERS/WASHING DIA CARS ETC AND U GET UR STIPEND
FUELLING STATION HAS HEALTH HAZARDS........AND EXCEPT U TRUST UR UNCLE FEEDING AND ACCOMODATING YOU WILL NOT BE EASY
BEFORE HE STARTS GIVING YOU ATITUDE.

HOPE DIS HELPS

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by herbert2017: 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2022
Brother,I had worked in the bank for 7 years. There was never a day I heard a cleaner was promoted,same work everyday u become redundant.
My advice is go for ur filling station job,get out of ur comfort zone to try new ideas. I know people in Jos who owns their own house working in filing stations. There are favours,chuawa, chuawa. Bros wise up,go take that new job. Even in that bank u,are a contract staff, inside the contract staff u are still a cleaner.
15k+accommodation,bros. Quickly drop that job and get that filing station job.
Pls chat me on Whatsapp 09067314685.
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by LivingTribunal: 4:52pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
Hmmm yes the bank is less stressful and I don't go to work on weekends
And banks closes in time, but filling Station runs till night time, you won't even have time for your per time program

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
STAY LAG, APPLY FOR PART TIME IN ANY POLYTECHNIC

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Ybaby: 5:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
But someone told me now that filling station workers tmake money everyday apart from their salary
What do you think

Do you want to thief? Be careful not to add a single kobo that does not belong to you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by DadiShege(m): 5:35pm On Feb 07, 2022
omo, bro na hungry o, and the story long.
Tboymessiah:

Go and tell your pastor, or imam
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Ybaby: 5:39pm On Feb 07, 2022
LibertyRep:

Did they also tell you that they could also make loses too?

Aside from tips from customer and sometimes the manager, the bulk of the money they 'make' daily is from shortchanging the unsuspecting customers or the owner of the business. That's stealing regardless of how they sugar coat with other names.

If you have no accomodations and feeding problem where you stay and work presently, stay put and continue schooling with your bank job.

Never ever make life changing decisions based on promises of anyone. Anything can change along the line.

Best advice ever

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Offpoint1: 5:40pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:

HOW OLD ARE YOU?
My advice:
Stick to the bank job because you have enough time,
Instead of school, save enough money and buy yourself either new or UK used Laptop, enrol in any digital skill learning centre or purchase courses on Udemy, skillshare or coursera.
Go for either of these skills
"Data Analysis
"Web development
"Graphics Design
"Digital Marketing
"Programming

If you take this advise serious, in a year or 2 you'll never regret....

School doesn't guarantee you any job in this digital age or current Nigeria, unless you're going for medicals...

You can further you education at any time

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Advancedman(m): 5:48pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
Thanks for your opinion
I appreciate

Filling station if money lost or you have shortage na gobe and you old colleagues may beef you and prey on your lack of experience all this will frustrate and destabilize you.
And your study concentration become hard.
Except the opening is from privilege and leverage able source that will mandate your senior colleagues to guide you even against their intent.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by GallopBlog: 5:48pm On Feb 07, 2022
Don't try filling station work, continue with the bank cleaner job

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by ariklawani(f): 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
Don't, i repeat don't stop the cleaning job until you get a better job... Going to Ibadan is a set up.. Because no opportunity in Ibadan... 26k is better then 15k..with 26k you can try and enrol in laspotech and do a part time study.. Banking sometime do work on Saturday and Sunday.. Fuel station is every day...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Aaae: 6:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
None
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by bidexpaul(m): 6:07pm On Feb 07, 2022
stay with your banking cleaning job dear, save the little money you can and continue praying, don't joke with prayer as God is going to be guiding you and showing you some things on how to move your life forward and the next step to take. few words is enough for the wise, and lastly i like you to understand that no matter the amount of advice giving to you by people hear, you still have to depend on your creator/God to show you the next step, because he knows the best for you, never take step if you are not yet convince yet that, that is what Gog want you to do, may God bless, guild and be with you, bye.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by paulasticity: 6:25pm On Feb 07, 2022
Am a filling station manager at challenge ibadan,and there is even vacancy at my work place at present. We pay 30k
You need to consider at least the following factors:
1. not all filling stations pay the same amount as salary.
2.distance from your home to the station
3.straight or shift (we run shift)
4.you may incur losses due to fraudulent customers,. especially during rush hours.some will not pay you, you might unknowingly press wrong litres for amount, fake money ,wrong meter reading etc, fake alert, etc
5.you.might get tips from customers on daily basis depends your attitude towards them
6.you may face physical and sexual harassment by some customers
.7.closing late
Some filling station allow fraud ,surchanging unuspecting customers, taking extra charges for selling inside Jerry cans ,so they get money on a daily basis ,aside their salary.(our station) frown at this seriously.
8.dangers and risk associated with banks and as well as filling statios-armed robbers,thugs etc
In summary weigh the options very well before any move. The choice is yours

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Ladyhart: 6:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mtimeer:
Come and work for me
What kind of job please?
I might be interested.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? / Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? / 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.