Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station (16299 Views)

Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? / I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Dawn91(m): 2:23pm On Feb 07, 2022
Orente21:
Goodday sir, Blessed Monday. Pls I need your like for my story.We have not been paid in the school I teach and I need the money to buy little foodstuffs to sustain myself and my kids. I beg you all my fellow nairalanders. Click like for orente21 story.

https://www.nairaland.com/6974352/10-giveaway-most-liked-story#110015888

Okay

I hope you win

Why not just open lost of accounts a like your own post simple
After all that's how Tinubu runs his campaigns with propaganda
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Coldplay007(f): 2:23pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
Hello Nairalanders,there is a very confusing issue I would love to share here so your opinions are highly needed.

I work in a bank as a cleaner since last year April and I earn #26,000 per month. I have been working with the aim of starting a business (even if I don't have any business idea to run)or furthering my education because I stop at SS3 since 2017 when I graduated.
Last week, my uncle called me that there is vacancy at a filling station in ibadan then from there I will continue schooling in a polythecnic of ibadan.He said I will be paid #15,000 per month an I will do part time at the poly.He said I shouldn't worry about accommodation and feeding.He also said I will be paying my school fees from my salary.

I haven't worked in a filling station before but I would love to change environment too. I don't want to leave this job and regret later and I don't know if I will do well in the filling station but I also want to further my education too.

I am confused here and I don't know what decision to take.So I came here to seek for a very candid advice on how to deal with the issue.
Please your opinions are needed thank you
Lalasticlala please help move to front page.Thank you

How long do you want to be a cleaner.. dont you have any aspirations in life?
Dont you understand that the opportunity here is not the filling station job, but the chance at furthering your education..?.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by izubext007: 2:23pm On Feb 07, 2022
Go to the filling station and work
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Orente21(f): 2:23pm On Feb 07, 2022
Dawn91:

Okay

I hope you win
Thank you. I pray oo. Help me tell ur friends to vote for me
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Lindodo20: 2:24pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
Hello Nairalanders,there is a very confusing issue I would love to share here so your opinions are highly needed.

I work in a bank as a cleaner since last year April and I earn #26,000 per month. I have been working with the aim of starting a business (even if I don't have any business idea to run)or furthering my education because I stop at SS3 since 2017 when I graduated.
Last week, my uncle called me that there is vacancy at a filling station in ibadan then from there I will continue schooling in a polythecnic of ibadan.He said I will be paid #15,000 per month an I will do part time at the poly.He said I shouldn't worry about accommodation and feeding.He also said I will be paying my school fees from my salary.

I haven't worked in a filling station before but I would love to change environment too. I don't want to leave this job and regret later and I don't know if I will do well in the filling station but I also want to further my education too.

I am confused here and I don't know what decision to take.So I came here to seek for a very candid advice on how to deal with the issue.

Take the gas station job.

Accommodation plus feeding is probably worth more than the 26k salary you get currently, and you grow by continuing your education. It's a no-brainer bro

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Mrkumareze(m): 2:25pm On Feb 07, 2022
Your uncles option isn't promising atall, 15k monthly in this generation...My dear, can't you buy banana and resell in a busy junction? You can even fry groundnut yourself n later graduate to a fruit seller...stop all dis monthly job where u get chicken change as a salary.. exploit other self employed opportunities... I know of a woman in my village, people wait on queue to buy her fruit salad ...

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Dawn91(m): 2:25pm On Feb 07, 2022
Orente21:
Thank you. I pray oo. Help me tell ur friends to vote for me

Okay
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by valiju: 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
If the petrol station job was to be in lagos I will have advise you to leave the cleaner job and go for the attendant job but since it is in ibadan you have to think twice because there is no mago mago in ibadan petrol station
Idowu116:

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by dawnomike(m): 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:

God to I adan provided you are sure of continuing your education... 26k in lagos is like 10k job in ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by pargelenis(m): 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
Bank … there is hope for rising up.
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Nokio1: 2:28pm On Feb 07, 2022
U have security in the bank in the filling station any short fall u must pay if the owner mistress vex am him can sack everybody.. Also avoid armed robbers attack fuel station in Ibadan... But sha all gamble is gamble
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Bouncin(m): 2:28pm On Feb 07, 2022
Just retain your job an try to save up. Graduates have no jobs so f**k school.
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by olisaEze(m): 2:28pm On Feb 07, 2022
Oya, as I’m talking to you now, goan hug that pump attendant job before someone else grabs it from u!

You’ll see more money in ur hands at the end of each day there unlike at the bank. This is Nigeria, no one survives on just their salary.

You’ll probably meet other fuel attendants juggling work with schooling in Ibadan because the pressure to 'keep up with the joneses' is less there than in Lagos which is were I’m assuming u opened this thread from.

Did I mention that u also have the option of working ur school timetable around ur job because most gas stations rotate their staff in shifts.
Your uncle has probably asked around about that before suggesting them to you, so don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

In case u need further counseling, u can send me ur phone number so we can meet to cast & bind all the village pipo that don’t want u to see front dis year in a very personalized midnight prayer before u leave town! grin

But if ure a "small nyatch dey shake" girl, just shake ur ny@sh straight to IB and start ur future before the opportunity gets too cold. cool

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by JustforMen: 2:28pm On Feb 07, 2022
I would suggest you do the work that gives you more time to develop yourself by the side.
A job that allows you to do a distance learning study or something.
May God bless you and make life easy for you.

Idowu116:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by zinaunreal(m): 2:29pm On Feb 07, 2022
Do people still get paid 15k per month?
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Shakitibob0: 2:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:

If you are ready to learn welding as a handwork, I will sponsor you through it...

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by virginchaser(m): 2:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
Why don't you try weekend studies in Lagos? Filling station may expose you to different lifestyle and risk. Life itself is about diversity. Pray for lead.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
How about applying for a weekend part-time program with the bank job? I think it's more reasonable.

Secondly, don't ever rely on promises of relatives. Human beings are unpredictable and your uncle can change even before you round off with your program. Then how will you manage with 15k?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 2:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
LibertyRep:

Did they also tell you that they could also make loses too?

Aside from tips from customer and sometimes the manager, the bulk of the money they 'make' daily is from shortchanging the unsuspecting customers or the owner of the business. That's stealing regardless of how they sugar coat with other names.

If you have no accomodations and feeding problem where you stay and work presently, stay put and continue schooling with your bank job.

Never ever make life changing decisions based on promises of anyone. Anything can change along the line.
Hmmm thank you so much for this
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 2:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
dacblogger:
Continue with your cleaning job nd forget about school.
Most graduates no get work
Lol
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by DadiShege(m): 2:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
Please i need help.
anything you can help with please

Access bank
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 2:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
sylve11:

Yes, they make money on daily basis by cheating unsuspecting customers. cool
shocked and what if they get caught
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by 07kjb: 2:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
U better go to ibadan let your uncle feed and accommodate you plus getting u admission,in a filling station u are sure of at least your transport fare each day.... meaning your salary will not be touched except for your school runs
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by GerogeI(m): 2:36pm On Feb 07, 2022
Consider the pros and cons,
A.
26k in Lagos vs 15k in Ibadan- cost of living will be cheaper in Ibadan, and your accommodation will be free

B.
Job Security, Bank vs Filling Station- Bank is more Secure. Filling Stations are run like 1 man business, you can be fired at will

C. Cost of Relocation vs staying where you are.

D. Opportunity and cost of school. Definitely better in Ibadan. More school choices, less cost of attendance both transport, food, and lecturers extortions.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by AvalonSpace(m): 2:36pm On Feb 07, 2022
Stay in the bank, save enough and run a part time schooling. In the bank you don't experience sun heat, you're only busy in the morning hours, and besides you can go home even before 4pm.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Donraqh(m): 2:37pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:

1) I will suggest you stay put in your present location and make do with the N26k salary from the bank for now.

2) You can enrol for a part-time problem in your current location, all you need is good rapport with your fellow cleaners in your office. They'll cover up for you on lecture and exam days.

Besides lectures and exams with part-time programs are usually weekends, so you may just score a point if your branch isn't doing Saturday/Sunday banking.

You'll hardly get such opportunity in a fuel station since they run 24/7 on default though you stand to make side money with numerical ability.

3) Is your uncle in Ibadan married? If yes, that's a red flag. Forget the promise of accommodation and feeding it's not gonna work. She'll turn to something else very soon.

Besides, they'll turn you to a domestic staff without pay though you shouldn't be expecting any, and I bet you won't like it.

Your uncle has a good agenda for you, but please stay put in your struggle. It won't be long before you will breakthrough.

If he's not married which I doubt, still do not depend on relatives promises, hustle your way out. All man for himself.

If he can afford your feeding and accommodation why not pay your school fees too?

The devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know.

Good luck.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by 07kjb: 2:37pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Your uncles option isn't promising atall, 15k monthly in this generation...My dear, can't you buy banana and resell in a busy junction? You can even fry groundnut yourself n later graduate to a fruit seller...stop all dis monthly job where u get chicken change as a salary.. exploit other self employed opportunities... I know of a woman in my village, people wait on queue to buy her fruit salad ...
That's one woman out of hundreds of millions

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by callydon(m): 2:38pm On Feb 07, 2022
IF you av a good accommodation in lagos, I'll suggest you stay in the bank especially considering dt you want to continue with school.
In d bank you'll av EVERY WEEKEND plus public holidays for yourself.
In d fulling Station, you'll ONLY get a day off duty every week (though most filling stations do a shifting job).

For d making of money in d filling station, d filling station needs to be a very busy one for you to make some change there (but note that you could also lose money there as you'll av a daily visit of crooks, fraudsters, etc who'll try to outsmart you).

All in all, it depends on you.
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 2:38pm On Feb 07, 2022
valiju:
If the petrol station job was to be in lagos I will have advise you to leave the cleaner job and go for the attendant job but since it is in ibadan you have to think twice because there is no mago mago in ibadan petrol station
I stay in Lagos so the filling station is at ibadan
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by einsteine(m): 2:39pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
But someone told me now that filling station workers tmake money everyday apart from their salary
What do you think

The so called extra money is either from tips (not reliable) or corruption.

The choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by mukthar2000(m): 2:39pm On Feb 07, 2022
As for me I would advice u to remain in ur cleaning job to enable you feel challenging seeing some cooperate bankers around u to motivate u and render assistant when its time for ur education since u plan to move foward in life, as for the fulling station attendance u we face alot of embarrassment from many customers and rubbish u as as if u don't have future, though ur brother might later open ur eyes to some businesses way to have us own extra takeaway money b4 ur own 15k salary if the love u so much ,but take it out of mind u might not be able to enrolled in poly Ibadan part time with 15k, becos I was once their fellow at Ibadan poly then, but be wise shaa

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? / 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter / Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.