Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew (18759 Views)

NFF Declares Super Eagles Coaching Position Vacant / Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job / AFCON Qualifiers: Vincent Enyeama Joins Super Eagles In Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by Rossikk(m): 11:09pm On Feb 07, 2022
Holadokun:
I don't even understand. Who is our Coach?

Austin 'Cerezo' Eguavoen is the Super Eagles coach.

1 Like

Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by sonofElElyon: 11:22pm On Feb 07, 2022
Amunike denied it. He said NFF didn't contact him to offer him a job
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by Tunde25(m): 11:27pm On Feb 07, 2022
Kingpele:
Our team is the best this year,that dullard calls was the defining moment but we need the services good keeper and attack ,musa, Okeford and iwobi have killed us

Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by stilldappy(m): 11:54pm On Feb 07, 2022
NEW SUPER EAGLES COACHING CREW

Augustine Eguavoen – Technical Director/Technical Adviser (interim).

Emmanuel Amuneke – Chief Coach/1st Assistant.

Salisu Yusuf – 2nd Assistant/Chief Coach, CHAN.

Joseph Yobo – 3rd Assistant.

Aloysius Agu – Goalkeepers’ Trainer.
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by Omodua(m): 11:58pm On Feb 07, 2022
SyrusdeHansome:
If I ask Nigerians the criteria NFF used to reappoint Austin Eguavoen as the interim coach of our SE they'll tell me he won Egypt and finished with 9 points in their group. They forget the fact that the man lacks tactics and technical know how to take our football to the next level. Nigerian coaches are so backward. They rarely go for further training. Just look at Yobo who's supposed to go and get the necessary coaching experience feeling happy sitting on de bench with headphones in his ear while Rooney, Lampard, Yaya Toure and Kolo Toure are in Europe acquiring more knowledge and experience. Gernot Rohr was bad and he almost killed our football but the fact is that he wouldn't have lost to Tunisia. We would have played poorly against them but still end up winning. I know this for a fact cos Tunisia were not good but our home based coach ended up losing that match cos he lacks experience and technical skills.
So,what are you insinuating. We should continue with foreign coach? You have despicable mentality. Believing in white man's Superiority. Stephen keshi won Afcon in 2013. He's a local coach. Cisse Aliu of Senegal just won Afcon in Cameroon. The Oyinbos coach fell by the way side.
Our coaches could do better with our encouragement. Not vilifying them.
Rohr was in the saddle for over five years. Give same support to our local coaches and we could win the world cup!

1 Like

Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by Omodua(m): 12:00am On Feb 08, 2022
Concience55:
Job description must be clearly spelt out to avoid clash of ego as they udertake the onerous task ahead.
No expartriate coach will know our players better than our indigenous coaches. Just that we tend to give more support to the foreign coach.
Exactly. Well said.

1 Like

Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by geesilver(m): 12:03am On Feb 08, 2022
Parrot69:

The thing is even confusing.
Somewhere I read Austin Eguavoen as the interim coach, Here again Amuneke as the Chief Coach.
Who is going to be on the sidelines when Eagles play??
Eguavoen.... Will lead the coaches on the bench, just like he did in afcon. Others are to assist him

1 Like

Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by Bahamas95(m): 12:09am On Feb 08, 2022
Some of the players should be dropped, they ain't good enough....The most important thing is to scout for a good goalkeeper. Okoye is not yet ready, football is not Telemundo where you showcase your beautiful/handsome face.
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by Bahamas95(m): 12:20am On Feb 08, 2022
SympleSam:
Make we just qualify for world cup be my own...
Teams wey dey reach semi final and final get two heads?

Instead of them to go there and disgrace the country they shouldn't go at all.
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by Nobody: 3:08am On Feb 08, 2022
Temi2468:
They had to wait for Cisse, a local coach to take the trophy most foreign coaches could not do with African national teams before getting the courage in reaching this decision! I wonder when we'll start believing in our abilities in Africa.

With the material in the senegalese side a novice local coach will do wonders. That side was then most complete side in the nations cup tournament.
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by toluemma01(m): 3:33am On Feb 08, 2022
wow, that's impressive
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by TheCongo2: 3:38am On Feb 08, 2022
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Good....we don't need any foreign scammer any more to be the coach of the Super eagles.

Louder please
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by TheCongo2: 3:41am On Feb 08, 2022
Ladiesdoctor:
Better

We need local coaches than the foreign coaches

Louder please
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by sulaak(m): 4:17am On Feb 08, 2022
ogododo:
Official�
Emmanuel Amunike joins the @NGSuperEagles coaching crew as Chief Coach. Austin Eguavoen continues as TA, while Salisu Yusuf is second assistant/CHAN TA.
Joe Yobo is third assistant while Aloy Agu continues as GK trainer

https://twitter.com/RandaAndrew/status/1490754136245157888

Who is the head coach?
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by phemmyfour: 4:19am On Feb 08, 2022
MrJames007:
Change players also, not just coach.
sure ..Okoye will not be no1 again

1 Like

Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by God2man2again(m): 4:20am On Feb 08, 2022
Concience55:
Job description must be clearly spelt out to avoid clash of ego as they udertake the onerous task ahead.
No expartriate coach will know our players better than our indigenous coaches. Just that we tend to give more support to the foreign coach.

Exactly!
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by aikyg(m): 4:29am On Feb 08, 2022
Eguavoen and Yobo both need to stay away from that team. They lack the technical pedigree to run a national team. They should start with MFM or Rangers, if they can be allowed.
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by koning: 4:31am On Feb 08, 2022
The best thing NFA can do now is to make Amunike the substantive coach. He should be the head coach and for a long time too.

Let's go the way of Senegal. Retain a local coach and give him all the support he needs. Besides it's cheaper. NFA is not compelled to pay him in Dollar.
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by lexy2014: 6:20am On Feb 08, 2022
HonestFriend:

He ws referring to is position in d nation's cup.

Pls read:

If I ask Nigerians the criteria NFF used to reappoint Austin Eguavoen as the interim coach of our SE now they'll tell me he won Egypt and finished with 9 points in their group. They forget the fact that this lacks tactics and technical know how to take our football to the next level.
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by lexy2014: 6:22am On Feb 08, 2022
obynzo:

With the material in the senegalese side a novice local coach will do wonders. That side was then most complete side in the nations cup tournament.

who are the "materials" in the senegalese side? did the team just fall from heaven? who assembled the team and for how many years has the coach been grooming the team?
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by lexy2014: 6:23am On Feb 08, 2022
Bahamas95:
Some of the players should be dropped, they ain't good enough....The most important thing is to scout for a good goalkeeper. Okoye is not yet ready, football is not Telemundo where you showcase your beautiful/handsome face.

which players should be dropped? how are they not good enough?
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by 49cents(m): 6:51am On Feb 08, 2022
Elock1:
angry
Something dem 4 give amuneke main coach since.

So that he go continue with most of the boys he scout

The guy got winning mentallty...

But I smell man no man
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by Georgejeez: 7:43am On Feb 08, 2022
If Eguavoen wants to make the Super Eagles truly formidable , he just needs to work on 3 wings in the first eleven , the goalkeeping position and the attacking midfield position .
Maduka Okoye and Akpeyi should never be invited to the National team , he can continue with Uzoho then look for two hungry and serious goalies from the NPFL.
Also he should persuade Olise and or Eberechi Eze to play the No 10 role and stop using Kelechi Iheanacho there .
Lastly ,start benching Chukwueze and bring in Ademola Lookman to play the right wing .

Trust me , we gonna sweep Ghana off like an erosion
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by iampeterben(m): 8:25am On Feb 08, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see the super eagles defeating Ghana and qualifying for the world cup, I see them getting to the semi finals.

This I have seen.
You don dey see rubbish again drunkard!
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by DarkJeddi(m): 8:29am On Feb 08, 2022
spy24:
NFF whats up with all this confusion . is he now the substantial coach of the super eagles ?
He's the Chief Coach..

Nigeria have had a Chief Coach and a Technical Adviser..

Rohr was a TA..
Salisu that CC..
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by spy24(m): 8:42am On Feb 08, 2022
DarkJeddi:
He's the Chief Coach..

Nigeria have had a Chief Coach and a Technical Adviser..

Rohr was a TA..
Salisu that CC..

So who is technical adviser now
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by DarkJeddi(m): 8:44am On Feb 08, 2022
spy24:

So who is technical adviser now
Eguavoen..

Meaning..

He's the one in charge..
Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by BJanta: 9:47am On Feb 08, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

So are you the qualified one sir?

Not much is known about Salisu Yusuf except that he bears a Muslim name and might be a quota necessity from the North. But I you know about Nigerian football, you can't fault the choice of others..And if Garuba Lawal or Dahiru Saadi ,the two of them from the North, you can't fault their choice either. Not much is known about Salisu Yusuf, except that he has always just been around there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amunike Joins Super Eagles Coaching Crew by Temi2468: 10:13am On Feb 08, 2022
obynzo:

Materials are not enough!

If you have a coach who interpretes games wrongly, the best legs will lose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UCL: Osimhen Leads Napoli To Knockout Phase, Manchester United Crash Out / Kano Pillars Wins Nigeria League (NPFL) For The Third Successive Time. / Former Footballer Rafiu Salami Is Dead (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.