Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty (49539 Views)

Antonio Conte Battling To Recover $27 Million He Lost To A Scammer / Modric Reveals What Ronaldo Told Him After Winning UEFA Award / Sadio Mane Reveals Why He Rejected Man United Transfer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by Odewaleadesoye(m): 9:23am On Feb 08, 2022
Senegal forward, Sadio Mane has revealed what his fellow teammates told him after Egypt goalkeeper, Gabaski, saved his penalty during his side’s 2021 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) final victory against the Pharaohs on Sunday night.

Mane squandered the chance to put the Lions of Teranga into the lead when his seventh minute penalty was saved by Gabaski.

The AFCON final ended 0-0 after 120 minutes, and after Egypt had missed two of their kicks, the Liverpool star summoned the courage to step forward and fired the winner for Senegal.

Speaking at his post-match press conference, Mane said that his Senegal teammates told him to keep on going, adding that he has done too much for them.

“When I missed the first penalty, it was a big blow for me,” Mane said.

“But my teammates came to me and said ‘Sadio, we lose together and we win together. We know you. You’ve done too much for us, keep on going’.

“That made me stronger and I think it made the difference when I got the second one.

“All the boys came to me and said ‘Sadio, we trust you’ and that gave me more motivation. The trophy belongs to the whole Senegal team; everyone deserves it,” he said.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/02/08/afcon-2021-mane-reveals-what-senegal-players-told-him-after-egypts-gabaski-saved-his-penalty/

154 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by Rastaramsey(m): 9:32am On Feb 08, 2022
FTC

He almost lost that winning penalty sef.....

The ball just fast small

142 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by Vinceobrian(m): 9:40am On Feb 08, 2022
Best team spirit.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by KenghisKhan(m): 10:00am On Feb 08, 2022
Big congrats to Senegal once again

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by WibusJaga: 10:14am On Feb 08, 2022
“But my teammates came to me and said ‘Sadio, we lose together and we win together...
...keep on going’
True Comrade spirit. ✌️

But of a truth, I salute Mane's courage. If he had missed a 2nd time & Senegal had lost, his country men would have vented their anger & frustrations on him & his family back in Senegal.

202 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by Odewaleadesoye(m): 10:42am On Feb 08, 2022

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:22am On Feb 08, 2022
Forza Mane

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by otipoju(m): 11:25am On Feb 08, 2022
Fine footballer, excellent human being.

I love this guy and Kante no be small. They are good ambassadors of islam with their humility and simple lifestyles.

Edited: I am a Christian! born, raised and will be be buried as one. There are good and bad ambassadors for any religion or organisation. Its all about living up to the ideals of the faith that you process.

238 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by Joezinho: 12:53pm On Feb 08, 2022
I am just happy the better team won...

Would have been a travesty for Egypt to drag it’s way to the cup with ugly football and 4 penalty shoot out wins in a row. Mane is a man. Stepped up and made amends...

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by Chijeep(m): 12:53pm On Feb 08, 2022
should we be surprised

See forming ooo...
No be God save your unlucky moment?
Match wet 4 no pass 90min u carry bad luck drag am to 151mins
If not because of God of soccer

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by Perfecttouchade: 12:54pm On Feb 08, 2022
Ok..on behalf of we Senegalese, Sadio Mane thank u o grin

2 Likes

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by bigdammyj: 12:54pm On Feb 08, 2022
Noted
Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by ClassicMan202(m): 12:54pm On Feb 08, 2022
otipoju:
Fine footballer, excellent human being.

I love this guy and Kante no be small. They are good ambassadors of islam with their humility.

Karim Benzema and Paul Pogba left the group chat grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by 9jaBloke: 12:55pm On Feb 08, 2022
That's the master spirit of a winning team.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by specialmati(m): 12:55pm On Feb 08, 2022
cool cool cool cool better player i like him alot with that kante guy in Chelsea

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by seyz91(m): 12:55pm On Feb 08, 2022
Na shot e take play am, na vex e vex play am cuz e no won make same mistake twice
Rastaramsey:
FTC

He also lost that winning penalty sef.....

The ball just fast small

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by AmazingELixir: 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2022
kiss
Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by tiswell(m): 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2022
Mane is a very humble guy

Humility pays!

7 Likes

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by kunlesehan(m): 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2022
That's the spirit.
Even Senegalese never walk alone.

5 Likes

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by Golan007: 12:57pm On Feb 08, 2022
Rastaramsey:
FTC

The ball just fast small

grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 12:57pm On Feb 08, 2022
Rastaramsey:
FTC

The ball just fast small
enemy of progress, but he score

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by underpinna: 12:57pm On Feb 08, 2022
That was the needed motivation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by kennyclassic: 12:58pm On Feb 08, 2022
Na So E be
Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by bibianna(f): 12:59pm On Feb 08, 2022
It's only God that helps them not to go into depression after a failed goal!

1 Like

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by TipsDogeBuddy: 1:00pm On Feb 08, 2022
Mane is the greatest. He payed for Senegal supporters tickets!

Please check my tips site and facebook page tipsdoge(dot)com

1 Like

Re: Mane Reveals What Senegal Players Told Him After He Lost His Penalty by Abilistic(m): 1:01pm On Feb 08, 2022
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.

~ Mother Teresa

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Donald Trump's Family Pose With Kylian Mbappe In Qatar (Photos) / Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions / Photo Of Mikel Obi And His Daughter Cooking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.