Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,258 members, 7,953,990 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:25 AM

Which One Is Your Favourite Movie Among These 4 - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which One Is Your Favourite Movie Among These 4 (49327 Views)

What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? / List 3 Of Your Favourite TV Stations / Princess Onyejekwe Shows Her Favourite Sex Position On BBNaija Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which One Is Your Favourite Movie Among These 4 by Godstime234: 12:11pm On Feb 09, 2022
Pls where can I download the movie 24.. from season 1 to 8 . And also IRIS..
Re: Which One Is Your Favourite Movie Among These 4 by CharleyBright(m): 1:09pm On Feb 09, 2022
HolarQD:

You’re quite wrong with your submissions. 24 first season premiered in 2001 while that of GOT premiered in 2011, that’s a whole 10 years difference where social media has been a “thing” already. If 24 was to be aired now, it would sure get more traction than GOT - this is an opinion that’s hold by many industry critics.

Talking about deep plot and 24 been centered around Jack Bauer doesn’t make it any less intriguing and suspense-filled. The 24 plot is quite deeper (in my own opinion). 24 wasn’t produced again because Kiefer Sutherland wasn’t interested and he instead started Designated Survivor. You don’t expect Jack not to get older and his aging doesn’t in anyway take anything from the fact that 24 has a better plot than GOT. GOT lived mainly on social media hysteria and mob culture just like Blacklist nothing exceptional apart from the bogus budget and parading of stars.

To me, Prison break has an even better plot than GOT. GOT was quite okay tho.

You still miss the point.
Like you rightly pointed out, "24" Premiered long before GOT. Everyone that watched all seasons of 24 loved it. So the question is, how come a newly Premiered GOT was able to gain more traction and followership more than 24 in all the years that both series were released? Shouldn't a much loved and accepted 24 gain more traction with the social media than newly Premiered GOT that year?
Do you mean the same social media that you say worked for GOT couldn't also work for the much loved '24'?
There must have been something particularly special about GOT that got it the traction.

Secondly, there was some discrepancies on whether to still give Keifer Sutherland the role of Jack Bauer in the next episode.
I personally started watching 24 in 2006 and i followed 24 very closely and know much of the off screen issues.
When in season 9 I noticed the role they gave the lady, I told my wife that the producers were up to something and trying to play with viewers mind to see if they would accept her as the leading character for next season. So I wasn't surprised when that cropped up as they wanted to substitute Keifer.
Of course, viewers complained and that lead to cancellation of the show amidst Keifer Sutherland demanding pay increment.
He moved on to another series - Designated Survivor. And as you saw in that series, he didn't play a boisterous action role like Jack in 24 simply because he is older and gotten slower.

And lastly, don't get me wrong I love 24 as one of my best Series, but the intrigues in GOT is spectacular.
Besides, GOT has everything you need in a great movie - War, action, Romance, Politics, Mystery, Intrigue, Suspense Treachery, Espionage, Family Rivalry, Magic, History... you can name it.
Perhaps these are the reasons it stands above 24 (in my opinion though).
I still follow GOT on Twitter.
Re: Which One Is Your Favourite Movie Among These 4 by Anijay1212(m): 1:17pm On Feb 09, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Na only titanic I sabi for that list
Try and watch 24hrs.

1 Like

Re: Which One Is Your Favourite Movie Among These 4 by HolarQD(m): 2:29pm On Feb 09, 2022
CharleyBright:

Like you rightly pointed out, "24" Premiered long before GOT. Everyone that watched all seasons of 24 loved it. So the question is, how come a newly Premiered GOT was able to gain more traction and followership more than 24 in all the years that both series were released? Shouldn't a much loved and accepted 24 gain more traction with the social media than newly Premiered GOT that year?
Do you mean the same social media that you say worked for GOT couldn't also work for the much loved '24'?
There must have been something particularly special about GOT that got it the traction.

Secondly, there was some discrepancies on whether to still give Keifer Sutherland the role of Jack Bauer in the next episode.
I personally started watching 24 in 2006 and i followed 24 very closely and know much of the off screen issues.
When in season 9 I noticed the role they gave the lady, I told my wife that the producers were up to something and trying to play with viewers mind to see if they would accept her as the leading character for next season. So I wasn't surprised when that cropped up as they wanted to substitute Keifer.
Of course, viewers complained and that lead to cancellation of the show amidst Keifer Sutherland demanding pay increment.
He moved on to another series - Designated Survivor. And as you saw in that series, he didn't play a boisterous action role like Jack in 24 simply because he is older and gotten slower.

And lastly, don't get me wrong I love 24 as one of my best Series, but the intrigues in GOT is spectacular.
Besides, GOT has everything you need in a great movie - War, action, Romance, Politics, Mystery, Intrigue, Suspense Treachery, Espionage, Family Rivalry, Magic, History... you can name it.
Perhaps these are the reasons it stands above 24 (in my opinion though).
I still follow GOT on Twitter.

You are the one that missed the point. 24 best years/seasons where premiered when social media was not the “thing”. GOT was premiered when social media was already a “thing” and that’s why the traction was gained and momentum sustained by GOT promoters. Imagine 24 being promoted as a new show now, I can bet with you that the followership would be something crazy. 24 cut across all things a series should analyze and the plot run so deep and real that everyday people can resonate with it.

And about the lady introduced in season 9, whether or not she was to replace jack isn’t something I am concerned with, the fact is 24 has a better plot than GOT. The only reason anyone would think otherwise is because of social media traction gotten by GOT and that was duly aided by the actions of the promoter on social media.

1 Like

Re: Which One Is Your Favourite Movie Among These 4 by FunNoStrings(m): 7:50pm On Feb 09, 2022
24hrs is the GOAT.

Series was so dangerous that Pentagon had to intervene. I read that it's affecting young soldiers — taking unrealistic risks to become the hero.

Even the effect it has on people watching it? It can hook one for days without food and sleep: I had a lecturer then who confessed that he didn't sleep all weekend because of 24.
Re: Which One Is Your Favourite Movie Among These 4 by ObiOkpor(m): 11:30pm On Feb 09, 2022
God1000:
I don't have to mention their titles, we've all watched them, very interesting movies.

1, Legend of the seeker..
2, 24 hours.. ( jack Bauer)
3, Merlin..
4, titanic
Re: Which One Is Your Favourite Movie Among These 4 by Vat36: 10:44am On Feb 10, 2022
Interesting
Re: Which One Is Your Favourite Movie Among These 4 by oliy24(m): 7:45am On Feb 11, 2022
Abeg 24 is not just a movie. It a way of life. Its a reality. Its everything about a movie. After watching 24. All other movie look like child's play. even the celebrated squid game na child's play o.
Re: Which One Is Your Favourite Movie Among These 4 by SurvivorM(f): 9:11am On Feb 11, 2022
CharleyBright:

There must have been something particularly special about GOT that got it the r.
24 and GOT are pretty great, on one hand GOT is already an established novels with very big fanbase with so many fantasy and many more things, you can't compare that with 24 that mostly deal with terrorism.
Many people dressed up as GOT characters for Halloween and many more but you hardly see them dress as Jack buar like how will they even do that, may point is that fantasy series or movies stay in people mind for a long time because it's like a magical world that we are let in.
That's why Harry Potter and Lord of the rings series us still Goat till today
Re: Which One Is Your Favourite Movie Among These 4 by mixta14: 3:17pm On Aug 03, 2022
Supreme145:

The best series I've watched so far, and trust me I've watched a lot. Game of Thrones comes close shaa
Prison break for me sha
Re: Which One Is Your Favourite Movie Among These 4 by God1000(m): 4:45pm On Dec 28, 2022
oliy24:
Abeg 24 is not just a movie. It a way of life. Its a reality. Its everything about a movie. After watching 24. All other movie look like child's play. even the celebrated squid game na child's play o.
24 is my favourite anyday and anytime

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lilian 'SexyLeeLee' - Nigeria's Contestant To Big Brother Africa / Nollywood Movies That Made You Cry? / Actress Chacha Eke Goes Nude On Set

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.