Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,157 members, 7,829,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Moment Chaos Erupts In Catholic Church After A Catholic Priest Banned Igbo Songs - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Moment Chaos Erupts In Catholic Church After A Catholic Priest Banned Igbo Songs (446 Views)

Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish / Priest Patrick Asomugha Leaves German Church After Receiving Death Threat / Two Snakes Found Fighting In Church After Prayers - Evangelist Chibuzo Fredrick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moment Chaos Erupts In Catholic Church After A Catholic Priest Banned Igbo Songs by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2022
Update From . COM

Footage shows the moment Rev. Fr. James Anelu, the Parish Priest of Holy Trinity Catholic Church, Ewu-Owa Gberigbe in Ikorodu, Lagos, banned Igbo songs in his parish, Reports.

From The Information Gathered By , Father Anelu has been suspended by the Catholic Archbishop of Lagos for banning Igbo songs in his parish.

The suspension takes effect from today, February 8, 2022, Learnt.

A Video from the scene shows church members revolting shortly after Fr. Anelu announced the ban and this led to chaos in church.

The priest stood his ground and threatened members with the "wrath of God".

He told them that if he goes to Ekwulobia and starts speaking Yoruba, the people will stone him.

He then narrated an incident where he went for burial Mass in the South East and was initially denied a chance to say Mass because he can not speak Igbo.

He then asked why Igbos will be singing Igbo songs in a church in Lagos and questioned if the plan is to drive other tribes away from the church.

Watch The Video As Obtained By Below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZto9VrAqZm/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=816bf953-4feb-4bc6-8c01-c5c1d61fc42c&ig_mid=440964A2-CDBB-4F3E-80A9-9586DC87F568

Source: BLOG

Re: Moment Chaos Erupts In Catholic Church After A Catholic Priest Banned Igbo Songs by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 7:06pm On Feb 08, 2022
Cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44 And Seun
Re: Moment Chaos Erupts In Catholic Church After A Catholic Priest Banned Igbo Songs by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 08, 2022
Swears...as someone who lived in Aba and Awka I can say this priest is 100% on point.

I once attended an English 8am mass in Aba, the priest only spoke English for the first 10mins then quickly switched to Igbo, mind you this was an English mass...

Awka is a more diverse place than Aba I expected it to be different but alas same story, same with Anglican...

Compare this with a Yoruba speaking church there's always someone there to translate to english (Not all I know), even if you don't understand Yoruba you will gradually start to learn...

Igbos are not promoting their culture all they are doing is making non Igbo speakers feel left out...

God bless this Priest.

1 Like

Re: Moment Chaos Erupts In Catholic Church After A Catholic Priest Banned Igbo Songs by kwaso2: 7:54pm On Feb 08, 2022
This father is not smart
Re: Moment Chaos Erupts In Catholic Church After A Catholic Priest Banned Igbo Songs by Stubborn82: 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2022
The priest should know by now, that Catholic Church is majorly dominated by the igbos

Such tribalistic idea will not fly where majority of your member are not in favour.
Re: Moment Chaos Erupts In Catholic Church After A Catholic Priest Banned Igbo Songs by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2022
This mumu Edo idiot don spoil him 'Father' career.

Stupid sentiments and prejudices isn't for everyone or every occasion. Hard lesson he will learn the hard way. He will eventually convert from Catholicism to 'Celestialism', so that he can blend with his preferred Yoruba and Edo people.
Re: Moment Chaos Erupts In Catholic Church After A Catholic Priest Banned Igbo Songs by adecz: 8:11pm On Feb 08, 2022
Fighting over alien religion✝️✝️✝️ that
the oyibo who brought it no longer
follow or take serious... ☹️☹️☹️
Re: Moment Chaos Erupts In Catholic Church After A Catholic Priest Banned Igbo Songs by Omoluabi16(m): 8:11pm On Feb 08, 2022
The priest is 100% correct here. However, his method of passing across his message and intentions were crass and unfortunate. I think that is making a lot of people misinterpret his real intentions.

3 Likes

Re: Moment Chaos Erupts In Catholic Church After A Catholic Priest Banned Igbo Songs by doggedfighter(f): 8:37pm On Feb 08, 2022
Nonsense fight !
Re: Moment Chaos Erupts In Catholic Church After A Catholic Priest Banned Igbo Songs by kentosman(m): 8:09am On Feb 09, 2022
Hmmmnnnn
Re: Moment Chaos Erupts In Catholic Church After A Catholic Priest Banned Igbo Songs by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 10:00am On Feb 09, 2022
kwaso2:
This father is not smart

See More Photos Via www.. com
Re: Moment Chaos Erupts In Catholic Church After A Catholic Priest Banned Igbo Songs by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 10:00am On Feb 09, 2022
Lalasticlala Mynd44 And Seun
Re: Moment Chaos Erupts In Catholic Church After A Catholic Priest Banned Igbo Songs by mediainc: 12:25pm On Feb 09, 2022
Everyone must protect their interest. Everyone too love thier people. If you can't tolerate us, we won't tolerate you.
Re: Moment Chaos Erupts In Catholic Church After A Catholic Priest Banned Igbo Songs by scholes23(m): 12:54pm On Feb 09, 2022
Omoluabi16:
The priest is 100% correct here. However, his method of passing across his message and intentions were crass and unfortunate. I think that is making a lot of people misinterpret his real intentions.
LordVoldermort:
Swears...as someone who lived in Aba and Awka I can say this priest is 100% on point.

I once attended an English 8am mass in Aba, the priest only spoke English for the first 10mins then quickly switched to Igbo, mind you this was an English mass...

Awka is a more diverse place than Aba I expected it to be different but alas same story, same with Anglican...

Compare this with a Yoruba speaking church there's always someone there to translate to english (Not all I know), even if you don't understand Yoruba you will gradually start to learn...

Igbos are not promoting their culture all they are doing is making non Igbo speakers feel left out...

God bless this Priest.

If both of you don't know what to say, just SHUT UP!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

OPM Sends Sacked Dancing Chicken Republic Security Guards Abroad / Where To Get A Free Bible / Aqeeda Creed Is Why Moslems Lie!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.