Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,516 members, 7,826,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku (34786 Views)

National Assembly Leaders Meet Buhari, Seek SIP Reforms / Diri Celebrates Supreme Court's Dismissal Of Lyon's Appeal Application (Video) / Lauretta Onochie Lists Sins Of Saraki Against APC, Buhari’s Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2022
The All Progressives Congress (APC) and President Muhammadu Buhari have asked the Court of Appeal in Abuja to dismiss the appeal seeking to nullify his election and swear in Abubakar Atiku as President.

The Incorporated Trustees of the Civil Society Observatory for Constitutional and Legal Compliance (CSOCLC) filed the appeal over its contention that the affidavit made by the President in the 2019 general elections was false.

The APC and President Buhari’s submission is contained in their Respondents’ Brief of Argument filed on January 31, 2022, challenging the appeal by the CSO.

The CSO, through its counsel, Nnamdi Ahaiwe Esq., filed the Appellant’s Brief, contending that the affidavit made by President Buhari on November 24, 2014, at the FCT High Court “that all his academic qualification documents as filled in his Presidential Form, President APC/001/2015 are currently with the Secretary, Military Board as at the time of the affidavit is false.”

The CSO is also contending that “there was no any organ, institution, agency, department or authority known as and called the ‘Military Board’ existing in the Federal Republic of Nigeria as at the 24th day of November 2014, when the 3rd defendant, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR deposed to an affidavit sworn to at the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory Abuja.”

It added that in the event its reliefs succeeds, the appellate court should grant a consequential order nullifying the election, withdrawing the certificate of return to office of the President and direct “the 1st defendant/respondent (INEC) to issue a new certificate of return in respect of the office of President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), being the candidate who came second in the 2019 general elections to the office of President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

In their reply, APC and Buhari submitted that the inability of the CSO to prove its allegation beyond reasonable grounds at the high court, being criminal, with a subpoena of the Secretary of the Military Board to produce the certificates, was fatal to their case.

They stated that the Supreme Court had resolved the subject matter of the appeal in Abubakar Atiku and Another vs INEC and others, maintaining that under the doctrine of stare decisis, the appellate court must stand by the earlier decision of the apex court.

Meanwhile, at the resumed hearing on Wednesday, two lawyers — Oluwole Afolabi and F. O. Amedu — appeared for both the APC and Buhari and contended they were briefed.

Consequently, the three-member panel presided by Justice Haruna Tsamani adjourned the appeal to May 18 to enable the parties to reconcile the issue of representation.

SOURCE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by everythinggirly(f): 5:03pm On Feb 09, 2022
I just hope this is not another political plan to swear in another northerner into power for the next eight years. I just hope so.

192 Likes 13 Shares

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by triple996(m): 5:05pm On Feb 09, 2022
Kpurumiri people should stop trying hard to sell atiku to us. What happened to "Fulani are the problem of Nigeria" hoo i forgot kpurumiri effects
God bless Nigeria
God bless south west
God bless Igbo land (minus ESN/ipob)
God bless arewa
God bless Niger dealta
Bt more death to ESN kpurumiri smokers grin
If e de pain u, go hug transformer wink

28 Likes 12 Shares

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by Tingotoe: 5:10pm On Feb 09, 2022
The name of their lawyer is Nnamdi LoL grin I'm sure he took on the job because of the pay but a part of me thinks he's mad cos his namesake is currently languishing in Buhari's gulag grin

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by Brendaniel: 5:17pm On Feb 09, 2022
Tingotoe:
The name of their lawyer is Nnamdi LoL grin I'm sure he took on the job because of the pay but a part of me thinks he's mad cos his namesake is currently languishing in Buhari's gulag grin

What is this one saying again?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by Mko123(m): 5:17pm On Feb 09, 2022
whether you like yor not, Osinbajo is the man for the deal

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by LaSenior: 5:17pm On Feb 09, 2022
grin

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:17pm On Feb 09, 2022
Hmmmm.....

Nullify an election at the eleventh hour to swear in another thieving numbskull that will finally suck Nigeria dry, then cut and snort the dust........

Aren't things as bad as they can be already?

Oh, no.......

I forgot.

Ojúyọbọ́ is also waiting in the wings.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by Fapemz: 5:17pm On Feb 09, 2022
shocked
Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by Amazingify(f): 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2022
APC extraordinary everyday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by STEWpid(f): 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2022
Lobarton

1 Like

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by Realmi: 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2022
Na so
Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by BafanaBafana: 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2022
Mtcheeew
Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by Finquas: 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2022
I love the North.. they know how to play politics like chess game

26 Likes

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by Chibuzoc(m): 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2022
grin grin grin abeg make I laff
Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by emmykk(m): 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2022
So the full judiciary are sleeping for 8years or 4years they only wake up after the dude in Aso Rock have suffered us.

Besides seems this is a grand plot to elongate north stay in power.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by obembet(f): 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2022
grin grin grin

This country na zoo.

I won't be surprised if All this Terriost put thier brother there again.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by tiswell(m): 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2022
he is the court!
Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by Prechgold1180(m): 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2022
STEWpid:
Lobarton
Where are u from

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by sotall(m): 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2022
undecided
Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by Oracleforce: 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2022
Atiku is warming up to become the president....

Government magic...

10 Likes

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by thatsleepboy1: 5:20pm On Feb 09, 2022
Good day everyone, pls i need someone who will teach me how to drive manual transmission vehicle very well and I'll work for you for a month for free of you don't mind.

I stay at Yaba. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by STEWpid(f): 5:20pm On Feb 09, 2022
Prechgold1180:

Where are u from

I'm from Heaven.

1 Like

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by rickyrex(m): 5:20pm On Feb 09, 2022
Skull mining region will always leave the topic and Chanel thier grief to igbos

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by NigeriaB(m): 5:20pm On Feb 09, 2022
I was finding it difficult to understand the headline at first

1 Like

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by Osibajo2023: 5:20pm On Feb 09, 2022
Hmm, In orubebe's voice, we won't take this, northerners want to play game for us

2 Likes

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by ezebunafo(m): 5:20pm On Feb 09, 2022
Anonymous said so in one of their post that there is a plot to swear in atiku

1 Like

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by Prechgold1180(m): 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2022
STEWpid:

I'm from Heaven.
Smiles
Don’t take it serious
Once had a friend dat Ioves saying lobarton

Your comment made me remember her
Have a good day

2 Likes

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:23pm On Feb 09, 2022
It's not Bola Tinubu that elected buhari. This is a myth that has been sold in the media, but it is not true at all! If Bola Tinubu could elect anyone, he would have done it in 2011 with Atiku.

buhari was elected because the NewPDP block broke out of PDP in 2014 and effectively rendered the party defeated. If the newPDP block had not broken away, along with the North vowing to return to power by all means necessary, a thousand Bola Tinubus would never have been able to elect buhari. The internal betrayal of GEJ was so bad that even Muazu, his own chairman, was working against him and this was down to one thing; the North wanted to return to power. Bola Tinubu was a sectional leader in 2013/2014, whose only influence was in the SW.

He had no national spread or appeal. He couldn't have elected a president in Nigeria. Not even with a thousand bullion vans. OBJ, Abdusalam, Atiku, Saraki, and all the other major players, who broke away from PDP in 2014, practically killed it at the time.

That was why this same group, took over the legislative arm in 2015 and Tinubu was left in the cold. Tinubu's ability to elect a president on his own is one of those myths that many have bought that is quite laughable.

The only reason the North doesn't bother to debunk this false narrative is because they are smart enough to realize that the alternative narrative is that they betrayed GEJ, and they don't want that narrative out there in the open.

They prefer to have the Tinubu narrative & allow him bask in his self delusion. Nobody really sends Tinubu outside of Lagos. If the APC presents Tinubu & the PDP presents a northern candidate, the PDP will win easily. The North don't vote for party. They vote for their interest.

Tinubu is grossly overrated by the media hype. The last time Tinubu put this his self delusional hype to test, he sent a recorded video message to Edo State indigenes to support Ize Iyamu for governorship election. What was the result of that move? It cost Ize Iyamu the election. In which he lost woefully.

It was so bad that it created a winning slogan for Obaseki, "Edo no be Lagos!". Tinubu's influence on Nigeria's election is a myth. Even Tinubu's influence on Lagos elections is also a myth.

If it were not a myth, he wouldn't require the use of thugs during Lagos elections. In the last presidential elections, thugs had to go around disrupting elections in perceived PDP strongholds. A man who has Lagos support like he claims won't require that to win elections.

Most elections in Lagos are won by slim margins. buhari won GEJ in Lagos in 2015 by a slim margin, even after all the manipulations and thuggery.
Also, nobody has the means or ability to bribe the whole of Nigeria to win a presidential candidate election. That is another myth.

Nigeria's presidential elections are not determined by money but by religious, tribal and sectional sentiments.

© Mebele Okugbo

67 Likes 9 Shares

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by Segunbabba(m): 5:24pm On Feb 09, 2022
everythinggirly:
I just hope this is not another political plan to swear in another northerner into power for the next six years. I just hope so.
you are wise. this is their plan

1 Like

Re: APC, Buhari Seek Court Dismissal Of Appeal To Swear-In Atiku by NaijaNaWaa: 5:24pm On Feb 09, 2022
I know it. My brothers from the East are always the ones to embark on this kind of errand.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obi: Tinubu’s Victory Not God’s Plan For Nigeria / Chris Ngige Visits Orji Uzor Kalu In His Abuja Home (pictures) / Igbo Kwenu Sanwo-Olu Campaign Posters Surface In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.