Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,302 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries (53071 Views)

The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South / Can Wike Defeat Tinubu In A Presidential Election? / I’ll Teach You How To Defeat Tinubu In Lagos, Saraki Tells Lagos PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by sokera: 5:24am On Feb 10, 2022
emkz:
The same Yahaya Bello who could not execute the the recall of Dino Melaye then?

Say what you wish about Tinubu, that man is a well grounded politician. I think it is unfair asking Osinbajo to run against Tinubu. Tinubu worked hard for them to succeed let them return the favour.
Osibanjo will never challenge Tinubu
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by sokera: 5:26am On Feb 10, 2022
CaptainFM1:
If I were Buhari, I will queue behind Yahaya Bello and give all my support to him. Don't ask me, but somehow my spirit tells me he's what Nigeria need in 2023.
your spirit don drink Ogogoro…your spirit drink spirit …
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by ogeenanthony(m): 5:27am On Feb 10, 2022
Oluboh:
I agree with Yahaya Bello
For someone to come fresh and become 1st runner up in a keenly contested primaries that later made him kogi governor, he must be really smart
#There was nothing "smart" in what happened in kogi state*.#
I'll suggest you study the case well and understand that Faleke was the most qualified...that case is histor,y to be refrenced as case-study anywhere similar case happens again
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by pfadom: 5:28am On Feb 10, 2022
Yahaya what? An opportunist and a waste of youthfulness.
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by Cjinbox: 5:30am On Feb 10, 2022
So Rochas is not even seen as an obstacle… only yaya bello and osibanjo
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:31am On Feb 10, 2022
If Buhari wants continuity of his good works, in transport, security, agriculture etc, to continue, then OSIBANJO is jus de man.

Am not a politician or minnion or zombie
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by olatuns2017: 5:32am On Feb 10, 2022
Naijafever1:
Politicking for 2023 general elections has begun at full throttle. National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Ahmed Bola Tinubu, announced his intention to contest for 2023 general election under All Progressives Congress (APC Political party, as he want to succeed his ally president Muhammadu Buhari.

And the race for the APC 2023 presidential ticket would be thrown open for all interested aspirants. Bola Ahmed Tinubu isn't the only option that the All Progressives Congress (APC) has before the 2023 general elections. There are others most influential APC politicians who can conveniently defeat the former Lagos State governor in the race for the APC 2023 presidential ticket.

Bola Ahmed Tinubu needs to prepare to face tough politicians who has also showed interest in the race for the number one citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2023, It will be a serious struggle and the APC presidential ticket won't come to him on the platter of gold.

The All Progressive congress (APC) is in the lookout for a very strong, viable and influential person who can face the opposition party People Democratic party (PDP) in 2023 presidential seat.

The participations of certain chieftains of the APC will make it unprecedentedly difficult for The former Lagos state governor Bola Tinubu to clinch the ticket of the party. He is determined to take over from the incumbent president Muhammadu Buhari.

Below a list of 2 Most Influential Politicians Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Presidential ticket.

Yahaya Bello Kogi State governor

Yahaya Bello is a young politician who now aspires to take over from President Muhammadu Buhari. The Kogi State governor has indicated that he would contest for the ticket of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and he has argued against the zoning formula. He can enjoy the support of the APC based on these reasons.

Yahaya bello performance as Governor in kogi state and his age.

At 46, Bello is the Youngest Serving Governor in Nigeria. The Civil Servant and Businessman turned Politician came into limelight after he emerged as Governor of Kogi State in January 2016.

Governor Yahaya Bello has already won many Nigerian heart for the role he played during the covid-19 situation even before his revealed his ambition for 2023 general election recently.

Yahaya Bello was the only governor who refused to complied with federal government, over lockdown during the covid-19 era, despite all the pressured from FG, NCDC, and from some governors.

The governor gave his best in aspect of security, we all know the issues of security situation in the country, Yahaya Bello was able to tackles the issues of kidnappings, Bandits, even the Fulani herdsmen were not give room in Kogi state.

Yahaya Bello will be a very big challenge for any candidate from opposition party if APC decides to give him Presidential ticket in 2023 election.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo

Another influential APC politician who could defeat Bola Ahmed for All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential ticket in 2023 is vice president Yemi Osinbajo.

If vice president Yemi Osinbajo decides to take part in the struggle for the ticket of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Ahmed Tinubu would be stopped almost immediately. The vice president has several opportunities over the national of the APC (Bola Tinubu) as far as the issue of APC ticket is concerned.

The incumbent president would want his legacies to continue and since the vice president, Osinbajo, is a part of the story of the administration of Buhari, the president may just have to throw his weight behind his vice, Osinbajo. And if the president queues behind Osinbajo, several top politicians would do the same. Hence, the support of the president is enough the vice president to defeat the former Lagos state governor Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Yaya + Pasto < Tinubu structure

Don't even mention yaya

Even fayemi salable than yaya
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by sslcrypt: 5:57am On Feb 10, 2022
Find it interesting that most Nigerians only looking at things from one view. I work within the international community and I will be honest majority prefer osinbajo because he's ticks many boxes. It's an amazing observation especially to those of us that are none Nigerians, watch how the name tinubu is been propagated. Majority of my knowledge about him is from my wife, who clearly I will say doesn't like and many government officials I consulted with, mind you most served with him and under him. He's a unique character.
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by Moredanaconquer: 5:59am On Feb 10, 2022
Oluboh:
For someone to come fresh and become 1st runner up in a keenly contested primaries that later made him kogi governor, he must be really smart

U are wrong sir
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by Kennyliga112: 6:19am On Feb 10, 2022
Oluboh:
all is initial gra gra when the primary day commence you will realize yayah Bello will have 10 vote while Tinubu will have 540 votes..online politics is different from the real life politics
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by hahn(m): 6:42am On Feb 10, 2022
tempest01:
Lol..nonsense. The only person that will defeat Tinubu is the northern cabal.

This is coming from someone that detests a tinubu presidency and will do my own part to make sure a kleptomaniac does not become president .

That said. He has the resources (questionable source) to win in a free and fair APC primaries but not the moral ground to win a free and fair general election if the opposition presents the right candidates.

Has there ever been a time in Nigerian history when kleptomaniacs were not at the helm of affairs? undecided
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by rolams(m): 6:47am On Feb 10, 2022
Nonsense write up.

Yahya Bello ko suraju bella ni

No be only yemi oshinbajo, na kemi oshiranjo.

R.........bi..........sh!
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by Emerie22(m): 6:49am On Feb 10, 2022
Alphafeezay:
Yahaya Bello Will beat Tinubu.

Quote me

Hehehehehe
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by Franking: 6:51am On Feb 10, 2022
happiness32:
It's about structures

These 2 are well grounded

U have no clue. Yahaya Bello ko.
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by naija4life247: 7:08am On Feb 10, 2022
The person that is comparing Yahaya Bello with Tinubu must be typing from the psychiatric hospital.

I still wonder why doctors give smartphones to patients that are still on admission at the psychiatric hospitals
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by Nicenixon: 7:11am On Feb 10, 2022
Michelle70:
Yahaya bello doesn't stand a chance, the average person on the street only knows Tinubu, Osinbajo, Atiku, PMB Amaechi and to some extent Wike.
In a neutral field, not APC and not PDP, bello can't pull 5m votes, common Peter Obi will defeat him
You dy mind him, for my side we no even sabi Yahaya Bello for a single good thing.
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by Sammyblacky87: 7:13am On Feb 10, 2022
CaptainFM1:
If I were Buhari, I will queue behind Yahaya Bello and give all my support to him. Don't ask me, but somehow my spirit tells me he's what Nigeria need in 2023.
Your spirit they decieve you
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by Sammyblacky87: 7:16am On Feb 10, 2022
Khaysee:
Osibanjo that can not win his polling unit in 2015 and 2019
Yahya bello lolz

Op you don’t know tinubu at all someone who made sitting governors several senators among others including both and even Apc itself
Only ungrateful people within the party who are less than 20 percent don’t flow his way

Let’s tell ourselves frank truth no one on this country alive has tinubu popularity and foot soldiers in politics all over Nigeria
Please leave allow them to decieve themselves
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by prohet: 7:42am On Feb 10, 2022
Cryofigbos:

Comedians like u r sleeping already....tomorrow when we reasonable ppl r at work u can engage them in ur kindergarten opinion

Am certain that after the primaries you will definitely hide your face in shame and in shock. Learn to be open minded and avoid emotions when you are analyzing issues like this, especially when you are an interested party. One of the ways you can grow in politics is to be sincere and blunt to yourself first. If what i have said about tinubu isnt his interest then any other thing outside looking for bargain should be a total deceit on tinubu himself . That's it but I will advice we just watch how things unfold with time.

Just wait When ROTIMI CHIBUIKE AMEACHI declares interest then you will understand what I was saying all these while. Thanks!
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by Kdon2: 7:47am On Feb 10, 2022
WelkinBlue:
For some few days now sincerely my opinion about Tinubu as really changed alot. The reason is I read a book authored by late Mr Dimgba & one other person.
First if what I read in that book is 50% true no one among the contestants stand a chance to defeat him in the primary.
Secondly my respect for him really changed on the part that he sacrificed his ambition just to appease others in supporting a technocrat candidate in previous gov election in Lagos.
Thirdly this man has really paid his dues Nigerian politics and he has been ridiculed alot but yet God was able to see him through
Lastly trust and loyalty is very important in life and I don't blame the man anymore for some misconceptions about him after been betrayed severally by his allies because if I was in his position I will do alot more than he did.

In Addition, there is possibility the VP might not contest if what I read in that book is half true only if Tinubu and the VP ignore the moral values they both have for one another which I believe they would consult each other however legally anyone is fit to contest. Just the moral part of it due to the relationship of Tinubu and Osinbajo and I think the VP also is playing to BRF's tactics of keeping silent only if he his given the green light to contest.

This are just my personal opinion based on what I read. You can ask me the name of the book if you want

Anyway despite all this he goofed during obaseki and oshiomole brouhaha and I really love obaseki's courage but it's now I understand why the man acted the way he did but my opinion he ought to have mediated in Edo state gov. Crisis back then

The name of the book sir.
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by Cryofigbos: 7:56am On Feb 10, 2022
prohet:

Am certain that after the primaries you will definitely hide your face in shame and in shock. Learn to be open minded and avoid emotions when you are analyzing issues like this, especially when you are an interested party. One of the ways you can grow in politics is to be sincere and blunt to yourself first. If what i have said about tinubu isnt his interest then any other thing outside looking for bargain should be a total deceit on tinubu himself . That's it but I will advice we just watch how things unfold with time.

Just wait When ROTIMI CHIBUIKE AMEACHI declares interest then you will understand what I was saying all these while. Thanks!

How old r u?

So many children on dis platform and non of u know what politics is or hw dey play it.....by always typing nonsense on nairaland must have made some of u guru in politics

It is a laughable thing to believe Amaechi can stand a primary election with tinubu or Osinbajo, okorocha and kalu has said it but u fools with imaginary hate on nairaland don't know anything, today u r celebrating turbaning as endorsement if he declares u will start calling him president I guess grin
We will be here after d primary I know by then u must have been singing a new topic....south east always lose at d end and dey will keep losing, to even think d party will give ticket to a region that no state is being controlled by APC sef is mental disorder grin
Stop out of anything politics and go to romance section
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by faaz24: 7:56am On Feb 10, 2022
donbachi:
Yahaya bello to defeat tinubu.
Op,dis the height of disrespect.are u mad or something.
yahaya bello,defeat tinubu.pls stop dis nonsense.
(In Fela's voice) Babanla nonsense!!
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by WelkinBlue: 7:56am On Feb 10, 2022
Kdon2:

The name of the book sir.

Fashola
The Nigerian Dream
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by calyto: 8:04am On Feb 10, 2022
LOL
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 10, 2022
Influential indeed. Bunch of rogues.
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by emmnprince(m): 8:19am On Feb 10, 2022
Michelle70:
Yahaya bello doesn't stand a chance, the average person on the street only knows Tinubu, Osinbajo, Atiku, PMB Amaechi and to some extent Wike.
In a neutral field, not APC and not PDP, bello can't pull 5m votes, common Peter Obi will defeat him

;DNa wao! See as you "commonize" Peter Obi.
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by Michelle70(m): 8:57am On Feb 10, 2022
emmnprince:

;DNa wao! See as you "commonize" Peter Odili.
Peter Obi is politically strong and has supporters but not on same level with the likes of Amaechi, Tinubu, ATiku etc.

Peter Obi became more popular thanks to 2019 elections, Donald Duke was far much more popular than Peter Obi before the 2019 elections. Outside SEastern states, Peter Obi can't pull votes anywhere else.
I am not comonizing him, ppl just exaggerate the dude
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by AKWATGOLD1(m): 9:26am On Feb 10, 2022
Yahaya Bello off the rader but VP Yemi Osinbajo can stand test of time.
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by wirinet(m): 9:42am On Feb 10, 2022
Cryofigbos:

How old r u?

So many children on dis platform and non of u know what politics is or hw dey play it.....by always typing nonsense on nairaland must have made some of u guru in politics

It is a laughable thing to believe Amaechi can stand a primary election with tinubu or Osinbajo, okorocha and kalu has said it but u fools with imaginary hate on nairaland don't know anything, today u r celebrating turbaning as endorsement if he declares u will start calling him president I guess grin
We will be here after d primary I know by then u must have been singing a new topic....south east always lose at d end and dey will keep losing, to even think d party will give ticket to a region that no state is being controlled by APC sef is mental disorder grin
Stop out of anything politics and go to romance section

The only person that can stand up to Amaechi in your line up is Tinubu. Osinbanjo has no political leg to stand on except on the shoulders of Tinubu. Okorocha is a non entity in APC. Kalu has some weight but cannot be considered a heavy weight.

If you understand politics, you will know that APC is made up of two major blocks and two minor blocks. AD and CPC led by Tinubu and Buhari respectively are the two major blocks. While NPDP and APGA(Okorocha faction) led by Amaechi and Okorocha are the two minor faction. Amaechi's NPDP faction with support from Buhari's CPC faction would give Tinubu's AD faction a run for their money.
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by Bishop(m): 10:06am On Feb 10, 2022
Oluboh:

He didn't win, he had the opportunity after the death of the winner, who unfortunately passed on before he was sworn in.
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by Indispensable85(m): 10:18am On Feb 10, 2022
Oluboh:

So Yahaya Bello is fresh in Kogi politics?
Have you heard about fair plus before?
Children too many for nairaland aswear.
Re: 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries by Indispensable85(m): 10:24am On Feb 10, 2022
Nobody in the APC can defeat Tinubu in a free and fair primary election if buhari stays adamant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking News: INEC Office Set Ablaze In Rivers / Dele Momodu, Nigerians reacts as Osinbajo Survives Helicopter Crash In Kabba / Jonathan Pulls massive Crowd At Kano Presidential Rally (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.