Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,844 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South (54926 Views)

2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries / U.S., Europe may stop giving visa to Nigerian elite, politicians from tomorrow, / Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 10:19am On Jul 25, 2023
Wike: his popularity cuts across the 6 SS states.he dominates SS politics,is loved and adored by the SS people.he controls pdp faction in cross river,sponsored ypp candidate senator oba who was in pdp,sponsored a faction of the pdp in Edo led by Dan orbih.his influence also extends to anambra apc and some northern states.

Oshiomhole: as an opposition candidate, he defeated pdp in edo.he was the second person to sack a pdp governor in the south and third overall.he is fanatically loved in the Edo north zone of Edo and large parts of edo.him and akpabio are the only ones able to deliver their districts to tinubu.oshiomhole also delivered his district to apc in 2015 and 2019.he crushed the obidient movement or tsunami in the north of Edo and humiliated shuaibu in his polling unit.

Akpabio: he delivered his zone to tinubu and overran obi in akwa ibom.he also helped to get 25% for buhari in 2029.he is madly loved in his ikot ekpene district and by virtue of being SP,he is the leader of apc in SS.

Governor Prince Otu: if not for the calabar metropolis,he would have won the southern zone for tinubu and perhaps the entire state.he is very popular.

David Lyon: he is popular in bayelsa but has failed to exert his influence since his ouster Hy the apex court.in the last two election,apc lost scandalously so his popularity is suspect.

Omo Agege: if he had returned to the senate,he would be SP.he failed to deliver for tinubu and struggled to win his zone during the guber but delivered two senate and a reps seat.

Magnus Abe: he is very popular among his ogoni people.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by seanfer(m): 10:24am On Jul 25, 2023
Used to be Tony Anineh of the blessed memory....

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by helinues: 10:30am On Jul 25, 2023
What about GEJ?

138 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by id4sho(m): 10:31am On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:
Wike: his popularity cuts across the 6 SS states.he dominates SS politics,is loved and adored by the SS people.he controls pdp faction in cross river,sponsored ypp candidate senator oba who was in pdp,sponsored a faction of the pdp in Edo led by Dan orbih.his influence also extends to anambra apc and some northern states.

Oshiomhole: as an opposition candidate, he defeated pdp in edo.he was the second person to sack a pdp governor in the south and third overall.he is fanatically loved in the Edo north zone of Edo and large parts of edo.him and akpabio are the only ones able to deliver their districts to tinubu.oshiomhole also delivered his district to apc in 2015 and 2019.he crushed the obidient movement or tsunami in the north of Edo and humiliated shuaibu in his polling unit.

Akpabio: he delivered his zone to tinubu and overran obi in akwa ibom.he also helped to get 25% for buhari in 2029.he is madly loved in his ikot ekpene district and by virtue of being SP,he is the leader of apc in SS.

Governor prince otu: if not for the calabar metropolis,he would have won the southern zone for tinubu and perhaps the entire state.he is very popular.

David Lyon: he is popular in bayelsa but has failed to exert his influence since his ouster Hy the apex court.in the last two election,apc lost scandalously so his popularity is suspect.

Omo agege: if he had returned to the senate,he would be SP.he failed to deliver for tinubu and struggled to win his zone during the guber but delivered two senate and a reps seat.

Magnus Abe: he is very popular among his ogoni people

Mynd44
Nplfmod
Obinoscopy
Lalasticlala
Mukina2
Fergie002
Penguin2
Seanfer
Donphilopus
Cajal

Balablu

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 10:47am On Jul 25, 2023
seanfer:
Used to be Tony Anineh of the blessed memory....

He was never popular please

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 10:47am On Jul 25, 2023
helinues:
What about GEJ?

Retired from politcs

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by kcnwaigbo: 10:51am On Jul 25, 2023
Godwin Obaseki:
Resisted Lagos incursion into Edo politics

141 Likes 17 Shares

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Penguin2: 10:52am On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

Governor prince otu: if not for the calabar metropolis,he would have won the southern zone for tinubu and perhaps the entire state.he is very popular.

Omo agege: if he had returned to the senate,he would be SP.he failed to deliver for tinubu and struggled to win his zone during the guber but delivered two senate and a reps seat.

Mynd44
Nplfmod
Obinoscopy
Lalasticlala
Mukina2
Fergie002
Penguin2
Seanfer
Donphilopus
Cajal
One thing I found out about you is that you like to lie to yourself a lot.

This was how you were assigning funny figures to Atiku and Tinubu in the Southeast and Southsouth before the elections; I told you it won’t happen but you argued you a are a professor of ‘real politick’.

What later happened? Tinubu and Atiku both struggled to get up to 5% of votes cast in the entire southeast. Southsouth wasn’t any different either but for INEC’s rigging.

Now you are back with another round of self deception.

I can take what you said about other people because they appear realistic but how did you arrive at your conclusion about Wike?

Let me tell you the reality on ground, like I told you before the elections, Wike is the most hated politician in Rivers State in particular, and the entire Southsouth in general, as of today. If he contests in a free and fair House of Assembly election today, he would fail even if his opponent is a stone.

What you are mistaking for popularity is just his network of criminal structure within the PDP across some Southsouth states. But for the fact that these guys are associating with him alone, they have lost popularity just like Wike.

Things were even better for Wike before the election. But after doing what he did during the election, he buried himself by himself. That’s why he’s struggling to get a post in Tinubu’s govt so he can stay relevant.

As you didn’t before the election, I don’t expect you to believe what I’ve said here, not like I care, I just wanted to state the facts as they are; like I always do.

117 Likes 15 Shares

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by kcnwaigbo: 10:55am On Jul 25, 2023
Emmanuel Udom is far more popular and influential in Akwa Ibom compared to Godwin Akpabio.

Furthermore Ex-Governor Ifeanyi Okowa gave Ibori the very first defeat of his political career.The APC candidate despite all the noise could not even make any headway in the Governorship elections.

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by kcnwaigbo: 10:55am On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

He was never popular please
Is Wike popular?

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 10:57am On Jul 25, 2023
Penguin2:

This was how you were assigning funny figures to Atiku and Tinubu in the Southeast and Southsouth before the elections; I told you it won’t happen but you argued you a are a professor of ‘real politick’.

What later happened? Tinubu and Atiku both struggled to get up to 5% of votes cast in the entire southeast. Southsouth wasn’t any different either but for INEC’s rigging.

I can take what you said about other people because they appear realistic but how did you arrive at your conclusion about Wike?

Let me tell you the reality on ground, like I told you before the elections, Wike is the most hated politician in Rivers State in particular, and the entire Southsouth in general, as of today. If he contests in a free and fair House of Assembly election today, he would fail even if his opponent is a stone.

What you are mistaking for popularity is just his network of criminal structure within the PDP across some Southsouth states. But for the fact that these guys are associating with him alone, they have lost popularity just like Wike.

Things were even better for Wike before the election. But after doing what he did during the election, he buried himself by himself. That’s why he’s struggling to get a post in Tinubu’s govt so he can stay relevant.

As you didn’t before the election, I don’t expect you to believe what I’ve said here, not like I care, I just wanted to state the facts as they are; like I always do.

You are from the se not SS so allow people from the SS to rate him

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by kcnwaigbo: 10:57am On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

Are you from the SS?

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 10:58am On Jul 25, 2023
kcnwaigbo:
Godwin Obaseki:

And after that what next? Can he win elections outside govt?

22 Likes

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 10:59am On Jul 25, 2023
kcnwaigbo:
Emmanuel Udom is far more popular and influential in Akwa Ibom compared to Godwin Akpabio.

Furthermore Ex-Governor Ifeanyi Okowa gave Ibori the very first defeat of his political career.The APC candidate despite all the noise could not even make any headway in the Governorship elections.

Oga,udom is not popular same as okowa.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Odin13: 11:01am On Jul 25, 2023
… for some that list some amateur names and states that Aninh Tony of blessed memory was never popular

Kids have really taken over this site ..

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by SledgeHammerer: 11:10am On Jul 25, 2023
kcnwaigbo:
Godwin Obaseki:

A governor that lost his polling unit in the last election

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by SledgeHammerer: 11:17am On Jul 25, 2023
Penguin2:

Go sleep joor. You need a brain rest.

Somebody that delivered the entire Rivers State to his PDP from governor to senators to reps members to assembly members and delivered the state for Tinubu is not popular? With all the obidiotssssss noises in Rivers State,the LP couldn't win a single seat anywhere in Rivers State.

Your tears and pains of defeat won't change facts.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by kokorokoman: 11:18am On Jul 25, 2023
Penguin2:

oga I'm from SS, and have a permanent engagement in rivers, omoku precisely, from on ground observation, wike is very popular here in South South, in fact wike is the most influential opposition from the south south.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by kokorokoman: 11:21am On Jul 25, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

from your write up it is clear you do not even know a thing about South South politics, no need to argue with you.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by SledgeHammerer: 11:22am On Jul 25, 2023
Oshiomhole
Wike
Akpabio

In that order. Others no get level.
Wike is a formidable political ally. He'll give you results any time any day.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by SmartPolician: 11:41am On Jul 25, 2023
The most popular politician from the South South remains Goodluck Jonathan.

You cannot claim to be popular if you haven't been elected into a public office with votes outside your state of origin.

All those politicians listed up there fall into the same category.

21 Likes

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Penguin2: 11:42am On Jul 25, 2023
kokorokoman:
oga I'm from SS, and have a permanent engagement in rivers, omoku precisely, from on ground observation, wike is very popular here in South South, in fact wike is the most influential opposition from the south south.
Well, even Hitler had supporters…

But what I’m saying is that Wike is not anything close to what the OP described him as.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by INVINCIBLECSP2: 11:44am On Jul 25, 2023
Wike is not popular in the SS my region. Only thing that is popular is his ;
1. His greediness
2. His selfishness
3. His foolishness.
4. His Touting

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by kokorokoman: 11:48am On Jul 25, 2023
Penguin2:

Well, even Hitler had supporters…

But what I’m saying is that Wike is not anything close to what the OP described him as.
he is far more than what the op described him as.
There is no single governor that can do what he did in the last general elections in rivers.
It takes guts, political sagacity, ruggedity, connections and a very deep pocket to do what wike did in rivers during the last elections.
In terms of Influence, maybe very soon in the future his dynasty will crash like a pack of cards mostly if he is sidelined by the tinubu govt but for now....... Baba just comot hand for that manchi matter.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Penguin2: 11:49am On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

Does this your SS include Edo? Can Wike get 5 unmobilized supporters if he goes to Benin today?

Can Wike walk in the streets of Yenegoa without being pelted with pebbles?

Can Wike walk the streets of Asaba in Delta? Or even Warri?

Except he goes with Akpabio, can Wike draw out 50 people on his accord if he’s in Uyo?

How many people rate him in Calabar?

Even in his own Port Harcourt, nobody rates Wike.

So, where in Southsouth is Wike popular?

I want facts, figures, numbers and pictures if possible, and not conjectures.

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by fergie001: 11:52am On Jul 25, 2023
Akpabio is it....... Apart from his abrasive type of politics, you rarely will meet an Akwa Ibomite that don't like Akpabio.

Who know Wike? Others no level, asides Oshio.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Penguin2: 11:52am On Jul 25, 2023
SledgeHammerer:

A governor that lost his polling unit in the last election
Tinubu lost at his Burdillon gate. Or do you have short memory?

Buhari lost Aso Rock.

Adamu lost his polling unit too.

So what are you saying?

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by NaMe4: 11:58am On Jul 25, 2023
Presently, Wike, Oshiomhole, then Akpabio.

4 Likes

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Shantyken(m): 12:02pm On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

Mynd44
Nplfmod
Obinoscopy
Lalasticlala
Mukina2
Fergie002
Penguin2
Seanfer
Donphilopus
Cajal

SENATOR OBA is from akwa ibom not cross river,
Akpabio delivered for buhari in 2019 not 2029 sir

2 Likes

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by SledgeHammerer: 12:05pm On Jul 25, 2023
Penguin2:

Tinubu lost at his Burdillon gate. Or do you have short memory?

Buhari lost Aso Rock.

Adamu lost his polling unit too.

So what are you saying?

Lol.....why u dey mumu ursef like dis? I already told you to go rest your brain before you run mad. You've been restless and all over the place in the past days.

Tinubu won his polling unit clearly. By the way, it's foolishness to say buhari lost aso rock polling unit. Is aso rock polling unit buhari's polling unit? Does buhari vote in aso rock? Suddenly you don't know buhari's polling unit in daura anymore? Stop to dey mumu na.

Below is tinubu's polling unit results

APC....33
LP.....8
PDP....1
Ypp.....1

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/02/tinubu-wins-polling-unit-with-33-votes-as-obi-atiku-trail/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjKjtSW26mAAxXUnFwKHSmcCxwQFnoECB0QAQ&usg=AOvVaw3UOlaUqMC9RUtj-3920RX7

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Shantyken(m): 12:09pm On Jul 25, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

Who is udom, oyong of blessed memory if he was to alive will be more popular than udom

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Boko Haram Adopts New Uniform, Dressing Style / Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home / Guys Celebrate Buhari's Return By Drinking Water & Fanta From The Ground (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.