Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? (1868 Views)

What Do People Mean When They Say They Are "In An Open Relationship"? / Photo: You May Kiss The Bride / Who Is At Fault - The Groom, Bride Or The Side Chick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by PureOhio(f): 8:23am On Jun 24, 2011
Yh, what's up with that?

I was watching a show about weddings (four weddings) recently, and I kept wondering why they never say "that" at the end of the "I do's".

Must the Groom always kiss the bride? (lol)

Why can't I be the one to kiss the Groom?
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by Excelboi(m): 8:27am On Jun 24, 2011
Op,since its d guy leading the girl to the alter,maybe datz why its done dat way dnt knw. D guy is d head so he has to make d first move
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by adosjun(m): 8:37am On Jun 24, 2011
@ op, This scenario is jst like a man buy a car, Who will test who? The man or the car? Definitely, the man. So dats is it, we pay d bride price and b the person to test d what we pay 4
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by pash(m): 8:51am On Jun 24, 2011
i dot kno o, na so i meet d thing o, but think d right one shld ve bin 'D GROOM AND D BRIDE MAY NOW KISS' passed mistake
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by r231(m): 9:37am On Jun 24, 2011
ok den

you may kiss the groom grin grin
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by Dotman01(m): 9:52am On Jun 24, 2011
@ op. . . u can start from ur wedding na!. . . U may kiss the groom
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by PureOhio(f): 5:39pm On Jun 25, 2011
hahahahaha  LOL @ Comments. grin
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by MrWaters: 6:09pm On Jun 25, 2011
"kiss ur groom" huh! that sounds odd lol. We do de kisssing
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 25, 2011
Doesn't sound right at all. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by 190: 6:19pm On Jun 25, 2011
You may now se[i]x[/i] the groom

Thats what im instructing the rev.father to say during mine
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by upendo98(f): 6:28pm On Jun 25, 2011
dd somebody just say tht kissing the bride is= being the first to'taste' the bride since u paid 4 her dowry??
jeeez!! wht are u tasting her for?? sugar or salt
'you may now 'taste' the bride!!
Enjoy the taste
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by LesbianBoy(m): 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2011
You may now dis vargin the bride

that what i wud tell the rev. father to say during my time grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by 190: 6:38pm On Jun 25, 2011
LesbianBoy:

You may now dis vargin the bride

that what i wud tell the rev. father to say during my time grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

undecided undecided
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by LesbianBoy(m): 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2011
190:

undecided undecided
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by 190: 6:44pm On Jun 25, 2011
shocked angry angry
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by PureOhio(f): 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2011
rokiatu:

Doesn't sound right at all. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

That reason is not good enough though. smiley
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 25, 2011
^^ grin grin

Excelboi:

Op,since its d guy leading the girl to the alter,maybe datz why its done dat way dnt knw. D guy is d head so he has to make d first move

cool cool
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by Mynd44: 9:45am On Jun 26, 2011
You may kiss the PRIEST
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by ismaeel86(m): 10:45am On Jun 26, 2011
Since it is the Priest that blessed the marriage, he should be person to kiss the bride. "and now, the priest can kiss the bride" SIMPLES
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by MrsChima(f): 1:43pm On Jun 26, 2011
PureOhio:

Yh, what's up with that?

I was watching a show about weddings (four weddings) recently, and I kept wondering why they never say "that" at the end of the "I do's".

Must the Groom always kiss the bride? (lol)

Why can't I be the one to kiss the Groom?

Marriage/wedding is the oldest activity to date next to prostitution. Back in that time, women were SEEN and not heard so of course men would make it about them. But during your wedding, you can ask the priest to change the vow if you must.

It really not a big deal seeing you going to kiss anyway. On the second note, the vow wouldn't work on two gay men. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by Mynd44: 2:58pm On Jun 26, 2011
dang!!!!!
Re: Why Don't They Say "you May Kiss The Groom"? by MMM2(m): 7:26pm On Jun 26, 2011
Op
On ur wedding day ask d Rev father or d pastor dis questiøn. undecided

(1) (Reply)

How To Spot A Gold Digger / I Am Scared He Is Cheating On Me. I Dont Know What To Do. Help! / The Laws Of Attraction•¤•

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.