Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? (39911 Views)

About 99.4% Of Bank Accounts Contain Less Than N500,000 - NDIC / Obinna Ukwuani Appointed Chief Digital Officer Of Bank Of Kigali / The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by Smartgeek(m): 6:34pm On Feb 11, 2022
stanisbaratheon:

My interest is centred on being charged transaction fees when the transaction was not successful. You get it now?
You're not getting the message. USSD Session fee is different from transaction fee.

For example, a fee of 10.75 for transfers between 0-5000 is not charged for failed transactions on USSD only on successful transactions. Rather, "session fee" for using the USSD platform is always charged and remitted to Telcos whether ur transaction carried out on the USSD platform is successful or not as long as u accessed the USSD platform by dialing ur bank's short sting and the menu is displayed . Even whether u carry out a transaction or not... Dem go charge u session fee. It's like accessing a website, u need data which in this case, is N6.98 session fee.
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by Brownshoe: 6:57pm On Feb 11, 2022
If i get one big money today, i go go create bank and start banking, there is money in the sector, 50naira×million customer na something.
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by Tanyogo(m): 7:35pm On Feb 11, 2022
TeamLeader:
Please I need some education here. Dey con de charge me around 11pm. De tink say I go don sleep.

Abeg help me out

This is called USSD session fee, it is charged for using Bank USSD CODE, it is remitted 100% to TELCOs
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by gracealonev: 7:46pm On Feb 11, 2022
The guy could be on postpaid plan.
TeamLeader:
Is this mtn ussd charge different from normal ussd charge on every transfer?

Wetin concern mtn with GTBank
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by freeman67: 7:51pm On Feb 11, 2022
TeamLeader:

Am even Wondering if the mtn ussd charge is different from the normal bank charges

Yes it is different. The normal bank charge for SMS is for transaction alert. While this one here is for the USSD services. Even if you check your balance using USSD, you will be charged. That's why mobile app is better.
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by harbarzzy(m): 8:57pm On Feb 11, 2022
ImoleNaija:
It's like the FG and CBN, with the help of banks, are out to rip off people. The charges are just too much.

I don't know about others, but GTWorld (banking app) now charges me for every transaction.
lie killl you there..Gtb to Gtb is free and charges to other Banks it's normal
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 9:40pm On Feb 11, 2022
TeamLeader:
Please I need some education here. Dey con de charge me around 11pm. De tink say I go don sleep.

Abeg help me out

4naira Charge for every airtime u load on ur bank...
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by kushme: 10:05pm On Feb 11, 2022
Revolution2022:
CBN has told banks to stop unnecessary debit from customers account.Why are the banks not heeding to CBN's directive?

Banks are doing the bid of the government, they need non oil various tax revenues by all means to finance their 17.13trillion naira budget. So, don't fall for what CBN told the banks. They work for government. They will come with different reasons to debit customers funds..

Whether we like it or not, they are going to tax Nigerians to make up for their budget spending.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by MeekGram7(m): 11:14pm On Feb 11, 2022
Yes ooh I also got similar from MTN but mine was 350naira
Omoh I no fit laugh �
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by shumuel(m): 12:28am On Feb 12, 2022
TeamLeader:
Please I need some education here. Dey con de charge me around 11 pm. De tink say I go don sleep.

Abeg help me out

Lol grin The same thing happened to me yesterday, at the same time and the same amount in charges, It's GTB right

I hissed and laughed immediately I saw it, it's just pure Bank Yahoo Yahoo, this one is even better they took over N500 last year December and I wasted over 600 naira in credit to call their customers Call line, I didn't even know I was being charged for the call

If 1 million customers were charged that's over 200 million, pure and simple Rubbery
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by BigBizzy(m): 6:58am On Feb 12, 2022
I love my opay
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by halibaba(m): 8:41pm On Feb 12, 2022
You were charged for using USSD service. That is, you did more transactions using bank code instead of Mobile Banking.

Since last year, banks have communicated to their customers that they'll be charging N6.98 per Ussd transaction.

Reduce/cease the use of USSD and embrace Mobile Banking. This charges is different from normal SMS alert services.
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by dalass(f): 1:35pm On Feb 13, 2022
TeamLeader:

We are in trouble in this country. Person no fit do anything with bank now without charges. Na wa o

They're blood suckers...

They have multiple charges over all transactions and you still get charged for unknown things too
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by 3RNEST(m): 6:24pm On Sep 22, 2022
Just got debited, 8k Telco Charges, GTB Why? cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gtbank Clarifies Fake News Regarding Innoson / Ubong Ekpe, Sky Bank Manager And His Brother Drown At A Beach Party In Akwa Ibom / Woman Uses Her ‘Spider-Woman’ Skills To Gain Entry Into Banking Hall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.