Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? (45043 Views)

What Kind Of Food Can A Slim Girl Eat To Gain Weight? / What Foods Do I Eat To Gain Weight. / Foods 2 Eat 2 Gain Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by johnpitter: 11:14am On Jun 24, 2011
hey am 20 yrs male and my weight is 55 i want to gain atleast 8kg weight wht diet should i follow to do it as soon as possible,
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by TinaEsi: 10:28pm On Jun 29, 2011
Hi Johnipitter, to gain weight is a very simple task, but before that do you think u need that much weight now? Secondly are you from a fatty background?
If however you still insist on weight gain, since food is our business, i could draw up a special food Time-Table for you to be followed religiously, and am sure in a short time you will gain much weight.
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by mafolayomi(f): 2:51pm On Jun 30, 2011
Tina Esi:

Hi Johnipitter, to gain weight is a very simple task, but before that do you think u need that much weight now? Secondly are you from a fatty background?
If however you still insist on weight gain, since food is our business, i could draw up a special food Time-Table for you to be followed religiously, and am sure in a short time you will gain much weight.

Hi Tina. Please, could you draw up a proper food time table for me? that has really been given me headache this days, that most time  I end up cooking the type of food that I wont feel like eating at the end of the day. Though I am blessed with a wonderful husby that eats anything in as much as is a good food.

1 Like

Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by george31(m): 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2011
am interested pls, [help] me too
am 30yrs old, currently weighing 65kg i need to add more pls
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:24pm On Jul 15, 2011
don't worry yourself about diet. just be a frequent visitor at mr biggs

or any of the fast food outlets. eat a lot of junk and you'll be round like

a barrel in no time! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by flexmoney(m): 3:27am On Jul 19, 2011
George_D:

don't worry yourself about diet. just be a frequent visitor at mr biggs

or any of the fast food outlets. eat a lot of junk and you'll be round like

a barrel in no time!  grin

i like your talk but the after mat  is the issue of getting fat , junk food i are note to contain high level of sugar as the vendors add a lot of sweeten content just to make their customer blive the food is good but this is killing cos the more consumption of sugar the more you open your appetite but other way round set your health at risk though it makes you fat ,

once upon a time i was of thesame weight as you guys mention and i dont like it either but what do i do ?, i started to visit gym even though it not easy and till now i never gain much wait but i have a better shape and look that some will not blive that am just 61 on scale .am fited ,muscular ,athletic , u can do it also only that it need endurance cos no pain no gain

TWEETER YOUR LOVE NOW @   
[url=http://www.whatistwitters.info[/b]]http://www.whatistwitters.info[/url]
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by lctewand(f): 5:57am On Jul 21, 2011
i saw these on a site,
it might help,

Instead, use the following healthy eating principles:
Meals based on starchy carbohydrates such as wholemeal pasta, brown rice, potatoes or lentils.
Five portions of fruit and vegetables a day.
Lean protein from (meat, fish, beans and pulses).
Three portions of calcium a day. One portion can be a glass of milk, a yoghurt or a matchbox-sized piece of cheese.
Cut down on saturated fat found in processed meats, pies, cakes and biscuits.
Cut down on sugary foods and drinks, such as chocolate, cakes and biscuits and sugar-rich soft drinks.
If you’re trying to gain weight, eat foods that are healthy and packed with energy:
Make time for breakfast. Try porridge with chopped fruit or raisins sprinkled on top. Or eggs on toast.
Fruit smoothies or milkshakes make a great snack. You can make them at home and take them to school.
A jacket potato with baked beans or topped with tuna makes a healthy lunch and contains both energy-giving carbohydrate and protein.
Peanut butter on toast is a quick, high-energy snack.
Try yoghurts and milky puddings, such as rice puddings.
Learn more about healthy eating in Food and diet.

im sorry i closed d page and i didnt remember to copy the link

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:36am On Jul 21, 2011
very interesting indeed! smiley
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by Donmeca(m): 7:00pm On Aug 02, 2011
hey I'm interested! need some 10 kg and need to look robust too cheesy
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by Rgp92: 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2011
Weightgainer
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by walata44(m): 7:21pm On Aug 02, 2011
Simple! eat, eat,eat, eat and eat until you quench. but to lose it, that where the wahala go start.
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by oblo(m): 7:23pm On Aug 02, 2011
Or go to a phamacy and ask for "mau mau" i heard it helps in you adding weight!! grin grin
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by GSyntax(m): 7:36pm On Aug 02, 2011
@ George D and Ictewand, guys you both spoke well, but the truth is that some of these diet stuff do not work for some people like me. I actually do not know my weight as at now, but I am very slim. My sis and bro are starving to loose weight, despite the fact that all of us live in the same house and ea t the same food ( I even eat more than all of them). Being fat is not really in our family, yet they are big cos of worth we eat @ home.

When I found out that there seems to be no hope from eating well & plenty, I resorted to midnight meals and plenty junks. I drink upto 2 minerals and 1 bottle of malt per day, yet no show. I have given up, really, but I still do d junk thingy.

But then, I think I should do what Flexmoney said. I think that may do the trick. That way, I will be slim and spicy!
@Johnpitter, don't you think it's worth giving a try?
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by tlops(m): 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2011
@
G_Syntax:

@ George D and Ictewand, guys you both spoke well, but the truth is that some of these diet stuff do not work for some people like me. I actually do not know my weight as at now, but I am very slim. My sis and bro are starving to loose weight, despite the fact that all of us live in the same house and ea t the same food ( I even eat more than all of them). Being fat is not really in our family, yet they are big cos of worth we eat @ home.

When I found out that there seems to be no hope from eating well & plenty, I resorted to midnight meals and plenty junks. I drink upto 2 minerals and 1 bottle of malt per day, yet no show. I have given up, really, but I still do d junk thingy.

But then, I think I should do what Flexmoney said. I think that may do the trick. That way, I will be slim and spicy!
@Johnpitter, don't you think it's worth giving a try?

you no get talent to be fat! me sef! Na so I 'lepa', and I need extra kilos.
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by JeSoul(f): 8:23pm On Aug 02, 2011
G_Syntax:

@those trying to gain weight,

you need to be careful and make sure you're not actually doing harm to your body. Know your body type! You may be at your healthiest at your current weight - that is what God & nature gave you and you should learn to embrace and love it. Going on a binge of junk carbohydrates & fat & sugar in an effort to fatten up may not only prove futile (like the above poster) but in addition alter your body chemistry/balance, sky-rocket your cholesterol & blood sugar levels - all these are not healthy for you. They will clog your arteries, strain your liver, put stress on your other organs, zap your energy levels and much more.

My advice to the skinny ones trying to gain weight is to instead aim to put on more muscle. Get in a regimen of weight training - staying away from cardio/aerobics. Eat often & high calorie foods, but make sure they are the healthy ones. Find a good muscle-building protein shake that will aid you.

You cannot change your body-type! It is what it is. Embrace it and instead aim to be at the healthiest of your type of body - not change to something else (that will probably not work) without doing drastic damage to your health.

Good luck smiley.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by DisGuy: 8:28pm On Aug 02, 2011
The problem is most people eat the same thing or have a limited list of food

There's too much rice and Cassava in our diet and some people have very fast metabolism

Eat 6 times a day and eat a lot of chicken- protein!! Do lots of exercise too

Focus on gaining weight and staying healthy junk food and soda is just a waste of time and life really

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 02, 2011
Dependent on your height

try eat lots of carbs, proteins and advisably build lil bit of muscle mass

1 Like

Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by lacode: 8:44pm On Aug 02, 2011
wow Tina Esi you seem like an expert on weight gaining. Im a little bit below 20 and i weigh almost 80 kg.  a 20 year old weighs 50 kg and says he needs 8 more. and you say his he sure he needs that, wtf :S, dude needs at least 20 kg. Dude if u want to gain weight. You need lots or proteins and little carbs. At least 200 gram of protein a day would the magic in 2 month

btw: Im not fat, im fully ripped with muscles. i work out and i have a huge knowledge of how to gain or loose wieght

1 Like

Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by Wallie(m): 8:50pm On Aug 02, 2011
The healthiest way for guys to gain weight is to lift weight. To gain bulk mass, be sure only to do a maximum of 10 reps and about 3 sets for each muscle group. Then make sure to eat a lot of protein as your body needs it to rebuild the torn muscles or you can take supplements. There are relatively healthy supplements that you can take to help speed up your weight gain by making you stronger to lift heavier weights and also supplying you with most of the “stuff” your body needs from food.

There is no substitute for eating well and enough but you might need to eat a whole chicken per day just to get the right amount of protein your body needs. This is where supplements come in.

Check out GNC for weight gainers.

Here’s a good one: GNC Pro Performance AMP Amplified Mass Bleep (50g of Protein with Micronized Aminos)

http://www.gnc.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2108309&sr=1&origkw=weight%20gainer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by Bensonite: 9:47pm On Aug 02, 2011
All,
Please forgive me no intention to derail this weight gaining tread. I am weighing 94kg and need to cut down atleast 25kg to get my ideal weight who can help with good advice?
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by aribisala0(m): 11:41pm On Aug 02, 2011
i am not sure why you wanna do this 
to gain weight if you must  you should induge heavily in

biscuits sweet ones like NICE
pies
donuts
cakes
coke fanta sprite etc
bread
ice cream
twice daily Bottom snacks btw your normal meals
if you are abroad go for fresh milk full fat,full fat cheese KFC ,Mcdonalds
just order what the fat black people order

still i don't advise it most people add about 1kg a year  btw 30-45 years so be careful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by aribisala0(m): 11:49pm On Aug 02, 2011
Wallie:

The healthiest way for guys to gain weight is to lift weight. To gain bulk mass, be sure only to do a maximum of 10 reps and about 3 sets for each muscle group. Then make sure to eat a lot of protein as your body needs it to rebuild the torn muscles or you can take supplements. There are relatively healthy supplements that you can take to help speed up your weight gain by making you stronger to lift heavier weights and also supplying you with most of the “stuff” your body needs from food.

There is no substitute for eating well and enough but you might need to eat a whole chicken per day just to get the right amount of protein your body needs. This is where supplements come in.

Here’s a good one: GNC Pro Performance AMP Amplified Mass Bleep (50g of Protein with Micronized Aminos)

http://www.gnc.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2108309&sr=1&origkw=weight%20gainer
totally  disagree!
define healthy.there are as many health problems  with obesity  as with artificial muscle development . just as muscles are good so also is fat contrary to many myths .the issue is what mix of the two is ideal.this varies with age,lifestyle ,occupation etc.ever wondered what happens to all that  muscle as you age? not healthy. and all that protein is no good for your kidneys  or liver not to mention the steroids that ALL serious bodybuilders take

1 Like

Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 03, 2011
Eat rice morning evening, and night. grin
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by dont8(m): 12:40am On Aug 03, 2011
Wallie:

What if one do press up,can this work?
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by shilling(f): 7:46am On Aug 03, 2011
I don't know if you've heard of ensure plus, it contains about 365 calories. Drink about 2-3 bottles before you go to bed. A pack of 6 costs between $9-$12, depending on where you live.

My brother takes whey protein. It increases your appetite, and you can also gain muscle mass faster.

Always eat a ton of food a few hours before going to bed. You know when you're trying to lose weight, you're advised not to eat before you go to bed. Well, doing the opposite would work for someone trying to gain weight.

Eat all the time, even when you're not hungry.
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by Sike(m): 10:18am On Aug 03, 2011
rokiatu:

Eat rich morning evening, and night. grin
rokiatu:

Eat rich morning evening, and night. grin
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by sunkin2002: 12:04pm On Aug 03, 2011
I will explain the process in the easiest manner possible although there are more technical stuffs to be factored in and it varies.

Ideally when you have your breakfast, lunch and dinner it should total 2500 calories for male or 2000 calories for female, thats usually the recommended limit

To gain weight (a pound of weight), you need 3500 calories (500 calories or more daily or extra x 7days) so that by the end of the 7th day, you would have gained some pounds.

In other words, once you know how much calories you take daily (minimum for male - 2500), ensure you take in extra 500calories or more

Now the secret here is following this routine consistently/religiously over a period of time say 8weeks or more obviosuly depending on how much you want to gain. In no time, you will see the difference, You should use the weight meter to track the progress.

If you really really want to gain a massive weight in 42days, lemme know and I will give you a detailed program on that.

Gala  grin - 500cals
1 sliced bread - 100calories  try consuming at least 6slices
1 spoon of olive oil - 140calories
A handful of cashew nut - 300calories
3 large eggs - 300 calories
I medium banana - 120 calories - try consuming 4
A piece of digestive biscuit - 75cals
An average cup of flour poundo or uncooked rice - 450cal try consuming 2cups
Chicken etc

Duo Snickers bar - 500cals
Consider consuming protein milkshake - some contain about 900cals (depending on scoops)

McDonald grin -- u probably gonna pull a wooping 1000cals or even more depending on the meal u order but they usually high in calories - the calories are usually indicated on the food pack

or consume EBA until you cant walk/move or until you start crying - a painful way  grin

Since you wanna gain weight FAST perhaps with ease, visit macdonalds 3times a day and eat few extra when u r out of mcdonalds if thats feasible.

If you are not an heavy eater, the list above will help you in consuming enough calories required to gain weight without loosing food taste after your regular meal.

Overall, the best way to gain it is to EAT REALLY LARGE MEALS than you can consume everytime you eat, so your stomach can expand over time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by Wallie(m): 12:58pm On Aug 03, 2011
aribisala0:

totally  disagree!
define healthy.there are as many health problems  with obesity  as with artificial muscle development ….

What is “artificial muscle development”? Exercising your muscles is artificial? Do you know of a healthier way to gain weight for someone with problem graining weight without having high cholesterol, diabetics, high blood pressure, shortness of breath, and heart disease?

aribisala0:

just as muscles are good so also is fat contrary to many myths .the issue is what mix of the two is ideal.this varies with age,lifestyle ,occupation etc.

Who said fat is bad for you? Do you know what fat is and its function in the body?

aribisala0:

ever wondered what happens to all that  muscle as you age? not healthy. and all that protein is no good for your kidneys  or liver not to mention the steroids that ALL serious bodybuilders take

As you age, you will start losing muscle mass…what’s your point? How much protein is bad for you exactly…10g, 30g, 100g, 300g per day?

Of course non-prescribed steroid is bad for you but who advocated taking steroids?

The bottom line is that too much of ANYTHING is bad for you!
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by Wallie(m): 1:01pm On Aug 03, 2011
dont8:

What if one do press up,can this work?

If you do between 200-300 push ups per day, you'd be surprised how big and defined your chest and triceps will become.
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by kayol4life: 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2011
Guess what? my formula is very simple if you drink alcohol, I advise you take one big bottle of legend in the morning and one at night for about 2 weeks and see changes the only disadvantage is POT BELLY. But thats what i did to gain weight though. LOL
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by aribisala0(m): 5:46pm On Aug 03, 2011
Wallie:

What is “artificial muscle development”? Exercising your muscles is artificial? Do you know of a healthier way to gain weight for someone with problem graining weight without having high cholesterol, diabetics, high blood pressure, shortness of breath, and heart disease?

Who said fat is bad for you? Do you know what fat is and its function in the body?

As you age, you will start losing muscle mass…what’s your point? How much protein is bad for you exactly…10g, 30g, 100g, 300g per day?

Of course non-prescribed steroid is bad for you but who advocated taking steroids?

The bottom line is that too much of ANYTHING is bad for you!

you are only being ridiculous and silly . if i haven't attributed a claim to you i don't understand why you are being defensive .not everything is about YOU.
anyway you described a regime of exercise wherein a WHOLE chicken would be required to satisfy daily protein requirements .that is artificial. my gripe is your claim including the phrase most healthy thus implying that gaining muscle mass by taking protein supplements and weight training is a desirable, healthy or even superior lifestyle . that is a delusion .
there are all kinds of people with different lifestyles even sportsmen for whom adding muscle is not an option.so that most healthy idea doesn't work
regarding whether i know the function of fat. no.tell me

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations / Barber Drinks To Death In Lagos Over N10,000 / My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.