Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,671 members, 7,813,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

What Actually Is Igbo Traditional Attire - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Actually Is Igbo Traditional Attire (11316 Views)

See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People / Important Things You Should Know About The Igbo Traditional Wedding / Groomsmen In Igbo Traditional Attire Will Make Ladies Drool (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Actually Is Igbo Traditional Attire by darfay: 8:05pm On Feb 20, 2022
Efewestern:
darfay, there hasn't been any additional seat created. Both North and central has a balanced members of nine each. We also has Warri south I as additional seat.

Also, it would be near impossible for them to dominate. And how do we up their game? I thought some of you said we were too domineering?

I know about the warri south seat hence the 10, I had to do some quick Google search and I noticed they've been court cases which they've gotten a favourable judgement by the way and issues with inec for a supposed restoration for Aniocha north II. We currently 29 seats instead of a supposed standard of 30 for a state with 10 federal reps (Another area you people were short changed). You guys should have vigorously used any means necessary to converse for the extra seat which I believe is done by population.

Politics is a game of interest, urhobos having the major controlling stake in the state is to our advantage. Ibori gave us the university and poly accruing to Delta south, an Anioma/ijaw governor will never have done that.
Re: What Actually Is Igbo Traditional Attire by Efewestern: 11:41am On Feb 21, 2022
darfay:

I know about the warri south seat hence the 10, I had to do some quick Google search and I noticed they've been court cases which they've gotten a favourable judgement by the way and issues with inec for a supposed restoration for Aniocha north II. We currently 29 seats instead of a supposed standard of 30 for a state with 10 federal reps (Another area you people were short changed). You guys should have vigorously used any means necessary to converse for the extra seat which I believe is done by population.

Politics is a game of interest, urhobos having the major controlling stake in the state is to our advantage. Ibori gave us the university and poly accruing to Delta south, an Anioma/ijaw governor will never have done that.

Yes, I agree that we aren't doing a lot with our strength and I'm glad you acknowledge the reality of those who truly want your progress.

Creating an aditional seat is a gritty process which I don't see happening in the next thirty years. The whole court processes are strange to me if I'm to be sincere.
Re: What Actually Is Igbo Traditional Attire by Donarozzi: 5:43pm On Feb 24, 2022
Igboid:
Bkayy.
Our ancestors were truly a special breed of people.
Igbo di egwu, di omimi ma dikwa ebube.

Anioma People’s Declaration 2020

(1) We, the Anioma people declare that if granted our state in 2020, we shall generate enough electricity to power the whole of Nigeria by 2030. We shall build hydro-electric power plants at Uguozala, Ebu, Illah, Asaba, Onitsha, Nzam and Atani on the banks of the River Niger that will generate at least 50,000MW of electricity

(2) As our state will straddle the River Niger with territory in both the current Delta and Anambra states, we pledge to build six river crossings over the next 20 years. Each crossing will be at least four lanes wide

(3) We will construct Nigeria’s first underwater tunnel, building a 1km tunnel between Asaba and Onitsha

(4) We will construct at least two railway river crossings, with one linking Illah and Nzam and another linking Asaba and Onitsha

(5) We shall develop the world’s largest rubber plantation at Idumeje Ugboko with accompanying processing plants. Our goal is to attract the likes of Pirelli, Michelin, Firestone, Dunlop, etc. We will also aim to build the world’s largest condom and surgical glove factory at Umunede and the world’s largest rubber boot factory at Okpanam

(6) We shall construct Africa’s first underwater restaurant at Illah. This restaurant shall be made of glass and shall be situated under the River Niger

(7) As we shall be part of the southeast geo-political zone, we shall construct dual carriageways linking Onitsha with Enugu, Owerri, Abakaliki, Awka and Umuahia

(8 ) Asaba and Onitsha shall have high speed train lines linking them with Abuja, Port Harcourt and Lagos. Our capital Asaba shall be linked to every state capital in Nigeria by rail

(9) Anioma State will be the first state in Nigeria to refuse to accept any federal allocation. We refuse to join in this parasitic charade as it is contrary to our cultural values and an affront to our industrious nature

(10) We shall dredge the River Niger up to Onitsha and Asaba, enabling large Panamax ships to sail upstream. Our aim is the create Africa’s largest inland cargo port at Onitsha

https://www.collinsnweke.eu/?p=417
Re: What Actually Is Igbo Traditional Attire by darfay: 6:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
Efewestern:

Yes, I agree that we aren't doing a lot with our strength and I'm glad you acknowledge the reality of those who truly want your progress.

Creating an aditional seat is a gritty process which I don't see happening in the next thirty years. The whole court processes are strange to me if I'm to be sincere.

They've had the issue on going for awhile and from the video, the dude said they'll be having a second constituency next election sooo
Re: What Actually Is Igbo Traditional Attire by Mystiquefia: 7:09pm On Mar 09, 2022
darfay:

They've had the issue on going for awhile and from the video, the dude said they'll be having a second constituency next election sooo

Most people aren't informed about this including myself.
It's indeed an eye opener

I go share am round sef

1 Like

Re: What Actually Is Igbo Traditional Attire by Jameseddi1: 12:05am On Mar 14, 2022
I am Anioma, my uncle is governor of Edo state and he is Anioma. If we didn't say so, you wouldn't even know we are Anioma except for the fact that our family is quite famous and therefor doing research on it is quite easy. We are not different from any other Edo family, our emperor is the Oba of Benin, we have our own Benin greeting and our name is like any other Benin name. Just that our family has been famous right from colonization to this day. That is why you would know we

Explanation: before Nigeria was created, ethnicity was either not defined at all, either it didn't have the meaning which you ethnic bigots have given to it today.

Benin city was the capital of Benin kingdom which was a very large precolonial African country led by a king with the exclusif title of Oba.

Like in every country, the capital is a melting pot of people from the various regions of the country, so when people keep saying "Bini" as an ethnicity they are not getting history correctly, the ethnicity (with historical sense) is Edo, and those who live in Benin city are in the centre of Benin Kingdom, therefore they are related to every one from the large precolonial country of Benin Kingdom: Anioma, Esan, Ika, Etsako...

Please can you tell me more about your family history. I know anioma answer Odion, osadeba, Edom and other edoid names I want you to explained this as well was it borrowed from Benin or it originate there or it was transferred from their ancestors who came from Benin.
Re: What Actually Is Igbo Traditional Attire by OdumejeStan: 7:32pm On Apr 06, 2022
Saukruat:

Cope.
Spamming with old Yoruba pictures

U do not have sense see how you are talking like you are from 4CHAN. Why do we igbos have to wear clothes in a hot humid climate. We didnt wear anything and so what. We make better food than ur amalashit. We make better music than ur fuji juju beats, we are had better architecture than u people. Even ur wood arts was made by 2 year olds. Rest and leave igbos alone. The fact that people that didnt wear clothes lived in better places than the supposed advanced yorubas is so funny. Even simple roofs the yoruba could not make, biko just look at the last picture. We Ndi igbos should have assisted u on how to have a proper culture. Juju yorubas should behave themseleves.

Re: What Actually Is Igbo Traditional Attire by OdumejeStan: 7:34pm On Apr 06, 2022
BKayy:

Look at him, celebrating being Igbo.

Yorubas attaching themselves to Western Igbo as a way to uplift themselves is a fallacy that died with Western Region

Yoruba's should focus on divorcing the north instead of harassing igbos.
Re: What Actually Is Igbo Traditional Attire by OdumejeStan: 7:37pm On Apr 06, 2022
Saukruat:

Yorubas 1st and 2nd pic, 1800s

Igbos 3rd and 4th pics in the later periods of 1900s, lol.
Some of you igbos remind me of delusional Hebrew Israelites who don't want to accept history, as a quick google search by any one who cares disproves all your babbling and sad attempt at coping.

There is nothing wrong with dressing naked. When u have beautiful body u show it off. Yorubas have to hide all their tribal markings and juju rituals on their own body. And ur men stole hausa fashion and called it agabada but u want to accuse us of stealing. Continue projecting and make sure u spend less time on 4chan.

2 Likes

Re: What Actually Is Igbo Traditional Attire by Xchii: 5:45pm On Feb 06, 2023
scholes0:

Okay??.??
I have posted the leads here for those who genuinely want to read and find out more, so my work is done. The best thing about threads like this is those who come to read.
Mr doom predictor lol.
Almost a year later, you defeated that Osu bastard.
Re: What Actually Is Igbo Traditional Attire by Gajagojo: 12:35pm On Dec 06, 2023
BKayy:

If you have an atom of knowledge in history, you would have known that Akwete is the name of the town that manufactures the cloth

You post links to "university websites". You must be talking of the same university website like Ibadan press that published Alagoas fake history.
Yorubas are known for lies and this discussion is a proof.

There is a big difference between historic records and articles. The latter can't supercede or stand when the first is presented.

As for that artifact you posted as maybe your last surviving chance of being alive in the argument, you should have imagined what my reply will be.
You can compare with the Ikenga from Northern Igboland below

Whenever Ndigbo are talking about history, innovation, and ancient civilisations, you Yorubas should keep shut and lower your heads. We are not mate, we initiate while you people are influenced by others
But you were walking around butt makes in the 1920s when Basden discovered you
Re: What Actually Is Igbo Traditional Attire by Gajagojo: 12:37pm On Dec 06, 2023
OdumejeStan:

U do not have sense see how you are talking like you are from 4CHAN. Why do we igbos have to wear clothes in a hot humid climate. We didnt wear anything and so what. We make better food than ur amalashit. We make better music than ur fuji juju beats, we are had better architecture than u people. Even ur wood arts was made by 2 year olds. Rest and leave igbos alone. The fact that people that didnt wear clothes lived in better places than the supposed advanced yorubas is so funny. Even simple roofs the yoruba could not make, biko just look at the last picture. We Ndi igbos should have assisted u on how to have a proper culture. Juju yorubas should behave themseleves.

No you did not make better food . Yoruba introduced cassava to you
You had very poor knowledge of agriculture and generally starved through the dry season
This is clearly documented by Garden about Onitsha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emir Of Bahrain With His Robot Bodyguard / Whats The Eglish Meaning Of Ekule / Can I Learn Esan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.