Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,217 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) (50872 Views)

Naval Officer Smashes A Motorist's Windscreen At Alakija, Lagos (Video, Pictures / #endsars: Smugglers Take Over Mile2/seme Route / Breaking News! Serious Fight Happening In Ojo, Okoko Axis In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by Doyou2019: 6:20pm On Feb 12, 2022
Indispensable85:

Somebody finally brought this to nairaland ,thank God.
I was saved by Grace in that area 2yrs ago. Those hausa bike men are criminals at night.

Lucky for you. But if you had come out two years ago, like the OP did today, you probably would have saved the OP's neighbours and many other Nigerians from those unfortunate ne'erdowells.

8 Likes

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by Mojir(f): 6:31pm On Feb 12, 2022
waploger:
If you live in Lagos and you ply through Mile2-Okoko regularly, read through this info!

This is Alakija bridge (coming from mile2).

The top of this bridge has now become a robbery point for aboki bike riders (NOT ALL OF THEM) .

This is the trick... Ones you board their bike from mile2 or wherever mainly at night. They will pretend as if they want to take the normal lane(green mark) and on approaching the demarcation between the ground lane and the bridge, they will swerve on to the bridge where their other gang members are standing waiting for victims. So they will immediately descend on you with different types of weapons and dispossess you of all your valuables.

How do I know..
1.They robbed my neighbor of his phone and other valuables December 15th and January 12th.

2. A friend also told me about his experience but he was lucky enough to have jumped off the bike without being injured.

3. We have heard different stories from victims.

Be vigilant folks.

Thank you for this, but that is not Alakija Bridge. It looks more like that bridge close to Dantata Bstop where vehicles make turn to alternate lanes. It is always a lonely path

2 Likes

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by slimanyd: 6:32pm On Feb 12, 2022
Am happy know one blamed Sanwo olu in all this . It means majority of those who comment here are sensible . They believed its all our duty ,

But guess what make them Talk same for Oyo state , Several Apc hunters would have bounced here and start shouting how ajimobi regime was the best since garri became 20naira per cup. and start telling us how seyi makinde has been sleeping and snoring. Now I know why Some threads easily reach page 5 to 7 so quick. Those children of hate must have dropped there usual wailing music for us.

2 Likes

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by Bullet01(f): 6:33pm On Feb 12, 2022
kokomilala:
Never in the history of mankind has the world seen a government as useless,irresponsible and worthless as the collective of Nigerian government.
They're unresponsive to everything until it becomes an embarrassment to them. Whatever happened to high-way patrols?
I submit: they think governance- not politics- is a tea party ,a jamboree for gbo go eros.
Pure water has now become N20 per sachet. And,the government is mute about it,following its failure to provide a service as basic as water.

I was really angry when I heard this. But what can we do? And our people have made up their minds to vote another calamity.

2 Likes

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by Bridget95(f): 6:44pm On Feb 12, 2022
JAWBONE:
Be careful people, I've once witnessed a robbery around here too.
Some guys came down from a bike and smashed the glass of an SUV right in front of us in a traffic hold up
can you imagine the audacity? What is TINUBU and SANWO doing, is 2023 greater than the lives of millions? Why should aboki from far a way north come here to perpetrate such wicked acts for so long and nothing is being do about it

3 Likes

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by almarthins(m): 6:47pm On Feb 12, 2022
waploger:
If you live in Lagos and you ply through Mile2-Okoko regularly, read through this info!

This is Alakija bridge (coming from mile2).

The top of this bridge has now become a robbery point for aboki bike riders (NOT ALL OF THEM) .

This is the trick... Ones you board their bike from mile2 or wherever mainly at night. They will pretend as if they want to take the normal lane(green mark) and on approaching the demarcation between the ground lane and the bridge, they will swerve on to the bridge where their other gang members are standing waiting for victims. So they will immediately descend on you with different types of weapons and dispossess you of all your valuables.

How do I know..
1.They robbed my neighbor of his phone and other valuables December 15th and January 12th.

2. A friend also told me about his experience but he was lucky enough to have jumped off the bike without being injured.

3. We have heard different stories from victims.

Be vigilant folks.

Thanks man. This info na lifebuoy

2 Likes

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by mediainc: 7:00pm On Feb 12, 2022
These okada men will start creating their criminal and terrorists cells in Lagos. Governor Sanwo Olu, enforce okada ban. Okada is a security threat to Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by zanshi: 7:04pm On Feb 12, 2022
paparazi232:
Not nice thou something similar happened to my friend in Kano State.
getting back to school , the Keke driver that took him to park to get a bus to school, took Another passenger like as usual, all of a sudden the passenger removed a long machete and told my friend to remove all what he got, my friend was shocked he was like please, before even pleading the guy was already angry , he collected my friend phone and his school fees , my friend told me he ran out of fear leaving his bag with original certificate inside his clothes bags in the Keke ,,
really COLD OUTSIDE

Aboki are now becomming more brazen criminals, have you wondered as to why we have a large amount of biker men that are from their tribe?

My friends father who is later now said many years ago that this was a security concern, Nigeria was relatively safe then and the economy wasn't in the trenches.

1 Like

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by Truvelisback(m): 7:04pm On Feb 12, 2022
streetsoldier1:

The funniest thing is there are two big barracks around that axis and there is a checkpoint by the bridge ooo
There are two big barracks around that Asses.

1 Like

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by Indispensable85(m): 7:42pm On Feb 12, 2022
Doyou2019:

Lucky for you. But if you had come out two years ago, like the OP did today, you probably would have saved the OP's neighbours and many other Nigerians from those unfortunate ne'erdowells.
I don't know how to raise a topic here

1 Like

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by ALABACONNECT(m): 7:42pm On Feb 12, 2022
No lies o. This place is crazy. One of my dispatch guy got robbed around this place.

3 Likes

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by waploger(m): 7:46pm On Feb 12, 2022
quentin06:
The guy in the pix is one of the robbers , I presume?

no oh!!!
Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by Elidrisy20: 7:56pm On Feb 12, 2022
tamdun:

Mumu, you'll hardly see any other tribe doing okada in that area, from mile 2 to okoko, na aboki dominate everywhere
na lie odey

1 Like

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by bigpee11(m): 7:56pm On Feb 12, 2022
Very correct, another trick they use is that, you know sometimes they carry 2 passengers, the other one one may be part of them , they will allow you sit in their middle once the climb alakija bridge they will rob you of your valuables.

1 Like

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by kokomilala(m): 8:09pm On Feb 12, 2022
@Bullet01, It's sad ! I can really relate with this post,because I've been commuting on the LBE since 1988.My secondary was at Ojo Barracks; my university was at LASU.And,I lived in Festac for 29 years.So,I know this road like the back of my hands.I've also witnessed some robbery incidents at Alakija,Abule-Ado,Under Bridge,I ya na-Era and so on...
To your question: what can we do? I believe a radicalization of the masses has to take place.There has to be a violent overthrow of this order.The masses are too stupid,too sheepish.Thus,they are stepped upon by those in authority because they've put themselves in stunned subservience mode.

3 Likes

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by paparazi232(m): 8:23pm On Feb 12, 2022
zanshi:

Aboki are now becomming more brazen criminals, have you wondered as to why we have a large amount of biker men that are from their tribe?

My friends father who is later now said many years ago that this was a security concern, Nigeria was relatively safe then and the economy wasn't in the trenches.

so sad bro,my friend have to lend money and pay for his school fees bcus those thief's collected all he got both his clothes ,i told him has he report to the police he told me he went to the nearest police station and was directed to court since then no positive reply from them keep telling him to go and come back of which he got tired
insecurity keep on increasing in the country ,God help us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by streetsoldier1(m): 8:24pm On Feb 12, 2022
Truvelisback:
There are two big barracks around that Asses.

yes...ojo barracks is less than 5 mins drive from there and Navy town is trekkable from there less than 5mins. Navy checkpoint by the bridge, i guess they only wait there to collect money from containers

3 Likes

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 12, 2022
From mile2 to Ojo is a dead zone at night.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by heysquare(m): 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2022
Now understand how this guy was killed on the bridge on 18th of January! I was informed by our workers about the corpse on that Alakija interchange so as to call for evacuation team from 112. We called for removal of 2 corpses on that day. One was thrown out of vehicle at Ile-Epo Bus Stop close to Tradefair and just about 1.3km from the guy killed on that Alakija Interchange bridge

2 Likes

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by Aaae: 9:28pm On Feb 12, 2022
Oh
Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by jclassiq(m): 9:31pm On Feb 12, 2022
This is alakija? Kid of different in picture.

1 Like

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by francisisking: 10:48pm On Feb 12, 2022
Highman1900:
When will LG will start paying attention to this Aboki self, they are everywhere in Lagos, i was a victim at ijegun but God save me.
even samsung and tecno sef.. I wonder oh.

1 Like

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by KEMSLAI: 11:08pm On Feb 12, 2022
That route is crazy, if robbers no rob you for night, SARS men by that particular bridge go rob u for day time

3 Likes

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by oloko1859(m): 12:40am On Feb 13, 2022
I passed that route on a Sunday about 2 weeks ago, I saw those boys that afternoon trying to get money from bike passengers, only God knows what atrocities they'll commit at night
Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by ComeToJesus: 2:17am On Feb 13, 2022
Believe me or not, those abokis are the next disaster looming in Lagos. They are the same outlaws that stoned a Lastma officer to death in Apapa. They've infiltrated Lagos in their thousands and are a clear and present danger. Lagosian are underestimating the evil that these guys can do in five minutes.

Some are runaway Bolo Haram members masquerading as okada men. I was almost attacked by some at 2nd rainbow. They hide dangerous weapons under the seat of their bikes and attack in their numbers.

I wonder why Lagos can't smoke those terrorists out of the place

3 Likes

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by kingthreat(m): 4:01am On Feb 13, 2022
Kobicove:
The entire stretch of Badagry Expressway has always been a den of thieves!

Along this road last year, there used to be a gang from Ajegunle that stabs people and kills them instantly before taking their possessions. Police later killed them. I used to live in that side of Lagos then. I can tell you that if I am to come back, rather than live there I rather go back to my village. Badagry-Road is not a good place to stay or breed children.

2 Likes

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by kingthreat(m): 4:03am On Feb 13, 2022
ComeToJesus:
Believe me or not, those abokis are the next disaster looming in Lagos. They are the same outlaws that stoned a Lastma officer to death in Apapa. They've infiltrated Lagos in their thousands and are a clear and present danger. Lagosian are underestimating the evil that these guys can do in five minutes.

Some are runaway Bolo Haram members masquerading as okada men. I was almost attacked by some at 2nd rainbow. They hide dangerous weapons under the seat of their bikes and attack in their numbers.

Lagos state government knows and is using the Okada ban to chase them out. Please let us support the okada ban. Last time there was a raid by taskforce against these aboki okadas, these urchins in their numbers came out and even killed a police DPO. Sanwo-Olu is much of a coward if you ask me.

3 Likes

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by professore(m): 4:12am On Feb 13, 2022
Good job

1 Like

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by anexxus(m): 6:59am On Feb 13, 2022
Thank you for sharing this. You have unwittingly saved lives. May God bless you and reward you richly.

1 Like

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by Bahamas95(m): 8:06am On Feb 13, 2022
So the security operatives ain't aware shebi?

This country don tire me walai!

1 Like

Re: Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) by Tomek09(m): 8:48am On Feb 13, 2022
ComeToJesus:

U think to smoke Abokis or Northerners out of a place is easy especially when the area is known to accommodate their excesses? Abokis in Onitsha where I am precisely are cool headed and go about their legitimate business peacefully. They can't do anyhow in Onitsha so they jeje they do their thing calmly. Once an aboki discover that he can do anything and get away with it, he will never stop doing it. Check Fulani herdsmen and banditry issues which are still on till this moment. Sad, Lagosians are passing through hell in their hands. Too bad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SARS Officer Escapes With Bullet Wound After Gun Battle With Armed Robbers. PICS / The Look On Face Of Ese Oruru, As She Sets To Return Home (Pic) / Ritualist Dungeon Uncovered In University Of Ibadan As Culprit Escapes Angry Mob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.