Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

"I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote (66738 Views)

Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) / Armed Robbery Attack On A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Man Stops Robbery Attack In Italy, Gets Rewarded By Authorities. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by muykem: 8:02pm On Feb 12, 2022
Olaoluwa112:
Sad.

Well, he was only saying this cause that's the kind of man he was.

People used these words too and are still very much alive.

This is just a coincidence, may God grant him eternal rest.
Though he's a muslim but use of negative words are prohibited in Christianity Though many Christians still operate in ignorance. Bible said angels doesn't know jokes.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Olayetan(m): 8:11pm On Feb 12, 2022
Olaoluwa112:
Sad.

This chat doesn't prove it was a day before he was killed, it could be years ago chat or months...
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by TheRareGem1(f): 8:13pm On Feb 12, 2022
To God be the glory. May Allah forgive your shortcomings and grant you janatu l firdaos

1 Like

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Victerica(m): 8:20pm On Feb 12, 2022
Olaoluwa112:
Sad.

The people that use these words and are still, very much alive, are conscious of what they say.

Words, should not be used, abusively
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Juanmike(m): 8:22pm On Feb 12, 2022
Nothing like a premonition, he saw it coming, it was an inside job, he was part of the plan, he knows what's gonna go down.
If you doubt go watch Wrath of man.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by HenryWilliams(m): 8:23pm On Feb 12, 2022
ncoolsome:

Death and life is in the tongue

Life and death is in God's hands
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by teezzybee: 8:26pm On Feb 12, 2022
Wheather I die today tomorrow or yesterday, E no kwansign me.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by cherishmichael: 8:28pm On Feb 12, 2022
Chai!.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Enimoney3: 8:36pm On Feb 12, 2022
Situation in Nigeria is alarming. I remember a guy whom stray bullet hit. Fortunately, the bullet didn't penetrate. He didn't fist know until the heat of the bullet on his tigh he was sitting in the vehicle. Killing in Nigeria is getting out of hands. Please fortify yourself it's not against God.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Idrisk19(m): 8:59pm On Feb 12, 2022
May Allah forgive him reward him and grant him the apex paradise. كل نفس ذائقة الموت.

1 Like

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by dogmart(m): 9:05pm On Feb 12, 2022
NwekeUG:
"I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote Before His Death (Photos)

Family members and friends of Mubarak Sulaiman, who was killed by the armed robbers that attacked a bullion van around Idi-Ape area of Ibadan on Thursday, February 10, 2022, have taken to social media to mourn him, IGBERETV reports.

Mubarak, a trained biomedical scientist, Arabic Language tutor, consultant, and coach, was hit by a stray bullet fired by the robbers who killed two police officers, two civilians and carted away millions of Naira from the bullion van.

One of Sulaiman's friends, Akinkunmi Akinpelu, in a post shared on his Facebook page, stated that the deceased might have had a premonition of his death. Akinpelu shared the last conversation he had with Sulaiman, where the deceased requested to make payment for a service immediately stating that he may not be alive the next day.

Akinkunmi wrote;

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2309499935858743&id=100003962766404

He was a fairly close friend. sad Shocked to see this. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Temi2468: 9:08pm On Feb 12, 2022
While we must live as though we die tomorrow, we must also be careful with our utterances too. There's power in the tongue.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Rugaria: 9:11pm On Feb 12, 2022
Olaoluwa112:
Sad.

May not be a coincidence. I had a personal experience like that where a brother started declaring his business sources to me over the phone. Ordinarily, he was supposed to keep those info to himself. But he told me to go ahead and try talking directly to those instead of leaving that too him. I asked him why? He gave no reason but insisted. I was totally worried because I thought I did something wrong. Couple of days later , he died of a heart attack! It was as if he had a premonition and knew that if he died, I can't locate those sources by myself since it was then a family business.. I feel that sometimes, those who die suddenly, do have some premonition that something is about to happen..
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by omolayomi06: 9:18pm On Feb 12, 2022
moral of this story, never which yourself anything bad, as for me no matter how the situation maybe I will not say any negative words to myself.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by dogmart(m): 9:21pm On Feb 12, 2022
A001:
Wow, the news is quite shocking! Mubarak was an easygoing guy and a Muslim devout. I remember him very well during his PG and UG days then in Biomedical Science Department, UI.

You are absolutely correct. It is so sad sad
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Aaae: 9:27pm On Feb 12, 2022
Good
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by kernniejay(m): 9:39pm On Feb 12, 2022
9jaBloke:
Pure coincidence but then:

Let us be mindful of the kind of words we speak to ourselves and to others.

Let me share a personal experience (please pardon the length):

Many years ago, I drove my Dad from Ilesa to Lagos for an important business meeting. The discussion was kind of boring so I left the conference room and went to the vehicle to chill. Still bored, I switched on the radio and kept tuning until I got to a channel (can't recall which). A call-in program was on-going and the question was 'If God leaves you to decide how much longer you want to live, how many years would you ask for and why?'.

Listeners called in and gave varying figures...100 years, 200, 80, 50. Most people's reason was that they still had a lot to achieve. Some said life was too good. One woman said she wanted to see her great great grand children.

You dont know how much the experience you shared touched me. I just thank God for your life. Who knows if you your call had come through that day and you asked for only one day, you could have lived only one more day and died. You were spared probably because you did not confess the one day out for somebody or others to hear. Just my own thought o. I pray long life of fulfillment and prosperity for you, by God's grace, amen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by 9jaBloke: 9:42pm On Feb 12, 2022
kernniejay:

You dont know how much the experience you shared touched me. I just thank God for your life. Who knows if you your call had come through that day and you asked for only one day, you could have lived only one more day and died. You were spared probably because you did not confess the one day out for somebody or others to hear. Just my own thought o. I pray long life of fulfillment and prosperity for you, by God's grace, amen.

I've honestly always wondered.
Glad you could relate. Thanks loads. Amen.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Maxxim: 9:49pm On Feb 12, 2022
He was quoted out of context, people do say dis often, just a mere coincidence
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Skyehigher1: 9:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
Power of tongue is very powerful keep your word, one of my brother I remember that day that my said by next year I must be a millionaire in this country by God's grace
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Omniman(m): 10:08pm On Feb 12, 2022
Church people will come and be ranting up n down.
Over 1000 years. There is power in your tongue..
You can't deliver yourself from bondage.

But when you talk say you go die. Na that time power in the tongue go work FIA FIA. angry

But wait o... There must be power in text too grin
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Panda7(m): 10:22pm On Feb 12, 2022
RIP to him

p.s
Do you know over 95% of these robbers are into cultism and mostly have connection to security.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by chrisvic007: 10:23pm On Feb 12, 2022
markidoo:
Chelsea win world club cup in 90minutes..
Since words of the mouth are power let this happen so my ticket can play

Unfortunately for you, Chelsea didn't win in regulation time, so bye bye ticket.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by emmykk(m): 10:30pm On Feb 12, 2022
We should use our mouth to profess Good things to ourselves.we should not use our mouth to make negative declaration about what ever situation that we are
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Benrosaria(m): 10:31pm On Feb 12, 2022
NwekeUG:
"I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote Before His Death (Photos)

Family members and friends of Mubarak Sulaiman, who was killed by the armed robbers that attacked a bullion van around Idi-Ape area of Ibadan on Thursday, February 10, 2022, have taken to social media to mourn him, IGBERETV reports.

Mubarak, a trained biomedical scientist, Arabic Language tutor, consultant, and coach, was hit by a stray bullet fired by the robbers who killed two police officers, two civilians and carted away millions of Naira from the bullion van.

One of Sulaiman's friends, Akinkunmi Akinpelu, in a post shared on his Facebook page, stated that the deceased might have had a premonition of his death. Akinpelu shared the last conversation he had with Sulaiman, where the deceased requested to make payment for a service immediately stating that he may not be alive the next day.

Akinkunmi wrote;

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2309499935858743&id=100003962766404

Anyone who isn’t aligned with earth can die tomorrow
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by ClosetMaestro: 10:40pm On Feb 12, 2022
There’s power in the tongue!!!!
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Emir411: 11:10pm On Feb 12, 2022
May God Almighty forgive you and grant you Jannah! Rip

1 Like

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by 1819nine: 3:08am On Feb 13, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:
I read about him earlier, he doesn't owe People.

He pays his workers salary (according to his story) every 19th of the month. This particular Month was paid on the 10th with the fear that he might die.

Gafarallahu alayhi.

He made me more steadfast
[/s]
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by GumGum: 5:24am On Feb 13, 2022
9jaBloke:

Many years ago, I drove my Dad from Ilesa to Lagos for an important business meeting. The discussion was kind of boring so I left the conference room and went to the vehicle to chill. Still bored, I switched on the radio and kept tuning until I got to a channel (can't recall which). A call-in program was on-going and the question was 'If God leaves you to decide how much longer you want to live, how many years would you ask for and why?'.

Listeners called in and gave varying figures...100 years, 200, 80, 50. Most people's reason was that they still had a lot to achieve. Some said life was too good. One woman said she wanted to see her great great grand children.

I decided to call in and say something shocking, just for the fun of it. I wanted to say that I would ask God for one more day because life is stressful and boring. I tried and tried but my call didn't go through, probably because of the number of people trying to call. It finally connected just as the program was about to end but the presenter announced that they won't be taking any more calls. So I didn't get to air my outrageous view on radio.

The next day, we set off for Ilesa, I drove. Just before Ibadan, Ratcon Construction Company was fixing the expressway at a sharp bend, and their heavy duty vehicles occupied one lane. This generated traffic as all the cars on the road were forced to slow down and squeeze into the other lane. I negotiated that bend at about 80-100 kph, saw the traffic, slowed down completely and joined the queue.

Less than a minute later, I heard some shouting behind me, I looked in my rearview mirror and saw a petroleum tanker bearing down on me. The tanker driver must have got to the bend at top speed like most vehicles, saw the traffic and lost control. The tanker was directly behind me and was definitely going to crush me. All I can remember was unconsciously whispering God please... God please.

Suddenly, a white inter-state commercial bus appeared, driving at break-neck speed and also lost control. The bus driver must have been trying to overtake the tanker at the bend with no knowledge of what was going on.(all these happened in split seconds)

Both the bus and the tanker hit me. The bus, a fraction of a second earlier than the tanker. The bus pushed me forward and took my original space. The tanker hit both of us but the bus took most of the impact. The tanker's blow on my vehicle was glancing so it sent me into the surrounding bushes. The bus was completely crushed. My Dad and I came out of the bushes and watched the bus driver die.

The tanker (fully loaded) had overturned and fuel was trickling out of one compartment. Luckily it was diesel so it didn't ignite.

The events of those two days will be vividly etched in my memory forever.

Now, I'm not a superstitious person. I'm very strong on facts and logic but at times, I can't help but wonder if the result would have been different if my call went through.

I like the way you write.

Thank God for your life. I still wonder how a construction company was negligent enough not to put up signs warning people of repairs at such a sharp bend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by TVTKOKO(m): 5:43am On Feb 13, 2022
9jaBloke:

I decided to call in and say something shocking, just for the fun of it. I wanted to say that I would ask God for one more day because life is stressful and boring. I tried and tried but my call didn't go through, probably because of the number of people trying to call. It finally connected just as the program was about to end but the presenter announced that they won't be taking any more calls. So I didn't get to air my outrageous view on radio.

The next day, we set off for Ilesa, I drove. Just before Ibadan, Ratcon Construction Company was fixing the expressway at a sharp bend, and their heavy duty vehicles occupied one lane. This generated traffic as all the cars on the road were forced to slow down and squeeze into the other lane. I negotiated that bend at about 80-100 kph, saw the traffic, slowed down completely and joined the queue.

Less than a minute later, I heard some shouting behind me, I looked in my rearview mirror and saw a petroleum tanker bearing down on me. The tanker driver must have got to the bend at top speed like most vehicles, saw the traffic and lost control. The tanker was directly behind me and was definitely going to crush me. All I can remember was unconsciously whispering God please... God please.

Suddenly, a white inter-state commercial bus appeared, driving at break-neck speed and also lost control. The bus driver must have been trying to overtake the tanker at the bend with no knowledge of what was going on.(all these happened in split seconds)

Both the bus and the tanker hit me. The bus, a fraction of a second earlier than the tanker. The bus pushed me forward and took my original space. The tanker hit both of us but the bus took most of the impact. The tanker's blow on my vehicle was glancing so it sent me into the surrounding bushes. The bus was completely crushed. My Dad and I came out of the bushes and watched the bus driver die.

The tanker (fully loaded) had overturned and fuel was trickling out of one compartment. Luckily it was diesel so it didn't ignite.

Now, I'm not a superstitious person. I'm very strong on facts and logic but at times, I can't help but wonder if the result would have been different if my call went through.

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by TVTKOKO(m): 5:47am On Feb 13, 2022
9jaBloke:

crazy stuff! Thank God for your life.
I've always had the belief that there's more to life than what mere eyes can see. It's more like METAPHYSICAL. The mind of every individual is somehow interconnected with the universe

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cameroonian Ladies Run With Lover’s Car & Cash After Marathon Sex In Nigeria / Missing Undergraduate, Faith Aluko, Found / Aisha Omolola, ABU Student Commits Suicide, Drops Note (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.