Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

"I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote (66739 Views)

Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) / Armed Robbery Attack On A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Man Stops Robbery Attack In Italy, Gets Rewarded By Authorities. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Brokeloser: 6:46am On Feb 13, 2022
9jaBloke:

I swear. When we emerged from the bushes, there was no sign of the construction company. Just dead bodies and damaged vehicles.
Its unfortunate how we do things in this country.The irresponsible company is directly responsible for those deaths and damages.If possible you all affected by their foolishness should have collectively sued them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Unrated900(m): 7:51am On Feb 13, 2022
Olaoluwa112:
Sad.

Well, he was only saying this cause that's the kind of man he was.

People used these words too and are still very much alive.

This is just a coincidence, may God grant him eternal rest.

Yes I know
Every days are evil
May God revive every bad days to us
Also let us always says good things with our mouth
Because we might not know the angel passing by that time
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by mrkia(m): 7:58am On Feb 13, 2022
Righteousness2:
Condolences to the Family of the Deceased.

His words are true.
Anyone who Has an Understanding of Life would live this life in the Conciousness of Eternity because this is not our Home. It is just a Pathway to our Eternity.

Most Importantly, the Only and right way to live in the Conciousness of your Eternity is to Surrender to the Lordship of JESUS Christ, as HE is the ONLY way to Eternal life in Heaven
see this foolish pastor! People were talking about the Man whose attributes every same man are wishing for ( the qualities he were able to garner from his religion - Islam and you with all emblems of TERRORIST are saying the man can only make heaven by accepting Jesus as the only way.

I think we were all here when you were shouting death to innocent females and children of Palestine being slaughtered by your Israel! Where is the humanity in you!?

From your approach, one will have definitely observed your obsession to extermite the people of other believes.

But God Almighty don't work that way. He has reasons for putting every other person in existence and if HE wish HE can end their lives in a second?!!

I wish we all die now and see who's actually on the right path

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Righteousness2(m): 9:01am On Feb 13, 2022
Young man Listen attentively,
If you Depart this Earth without a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ, you Have Wasted your Life. It is Straight to Hell!
You won't say you were not told or you didn't hear!
GOD ALMIGHTY open your Eyes before it is too late..

mrkia:
see this foolish pastor! People were talking about the Man whose attributes every same man are wishing for ( the qualities he were able to garner from his religion - Islam and you with all emblems of TERRORIST are saying the man can only make heaven by accepting Jesus as the only way.

I think we were all here when you were shouting death to innocent females and children of Palestine being slaughtered by your Israel! Where is the humanity in you!?

From your approach, one will have definitely observed your obsession to extermite the people of other believes.

But God Almighty don't work that way. He has reasons for putting every other person in existence and if HE wish HE can end their lives in a second?!!

I wish we all die now and see who's actually on the right path
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by biotechshola(m): 9:37am On Feb 13, 2022
9jaBloke:
Pure coincidence but then:

Let us be mindful of the kind of words we speak to ourselves and to others.

Let me share a personal experience (please pardon the length):

Many years ago, I drove my Dad from Ilesa to Lagos for an important business meeting. The discussion was kind of boring so I left the conference room and went to the vehicle to chill. Still bored, I switched on the radio and kept tuning until I got to a channel (can't recall which). A call-in program was on-going and the question was 'If God leaves you to decide how much longer you want to live, how many years would you ask for and why?'.

Listeners called in and gave varying figures...100 years, 200, 80, 50. Most people's reason was that they still had a lot to achieve. Some said life was too good. One woman said she wanted to see her great great grand children.

I decided to call in and say something shocking, just for the fun of it. I wanted to say that I would ask God for one more day because life is stressful and boring. I tried and tried but my call didn't go through, probably because of the number of people trying to call. It finally connected just as the program was about to end but the presenter announced that they won't be taking any more calls. So I didn't get to air my outrageous view on radio.

The next day, we set off for Ilesa, I drove. Just before Ibadan, Ratcon Construction Company was fixing the expressway at a sharp bend, and their heavy duty vehicles occupied one lane. This generated traffic as all the cars on the road were forced to slow down and squeeze into the other lane. I negotiated that bend at about 80-100 kph, saw the traffic, slowed down completely and joined the queue.

Less than a minute later, I heard some shouting behind me, I looked in my rearview mirror and saw a petroleum tanker bearing down on me. The tanker driver must have got to the bend at top speed like most vehicles, saw the traffic and lost control. The tanker was directly behind me and was definitely going to crush me. All I can remember was unconsciously whispering God please... God please.

Suddenly, a white inter-state commercial bus appeared, driving at break-neck speed and also lost control. The bus driver must have been trying to overtake the tanker at the bend with no knowledge of what was going on.(all these happened in split seconds)

Both the bus and the tanker hit me. The bus, a fraction of a second earlier than the tanker. The bus pushed me forward and took my original space. The tanker hit both of us but the bus took most of the impact. The tanker's blow on my vehicle was glancing so it sent me into the surrounding bushes. The bus was completely crushed. My Dad and I came out of the bushes and watched the bus driver die.

The tanker (fully loaded) had overturned and fuel was trickling out of one compartment. Luckily it was diesel so it didn't ignite.

The events of those two days will be vividly etched in my memory forever.

Now, I'm not a superstitious person. I'm very strong on facts and logic but at times, I can't help but wonder if the result would have been different if my call went through.

Wasn't your time to die...a fellow was shot 36bullets In the stomach and still living.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by 9jaBloke: 10:35am On Feb 13, 2022
GumGum:

I like the way you write.
Thanks loads

GumGum:

Thank God for your life. I still wonder how a construction company was negligent enough not to put up signs earning people of repairs at such a sharp bend.

It's crazy and it happens all the time.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by 9jaBloke: 10:42am On Feb 13, 2022
Brokeloser:

Its unfortunate how we do things in this country.The irresponsible company is directly responsible for those deaths and damages.If possible you all affected by their foolishness should have collectively sued them.

Nigeria can be frustrating.
In fairness, some policemen met us at the scene and asked all owners of the vehicles involved to come to their station to write statements so that the owner of the tanker can pay damages. Dad opted to go fix his car by himself. I guess he was just glad that we were alive and whole.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by 9jaBloke: 10:44am On Feb 13, 2022
TVTKOKO:
crazy stuff! Thank God for your life.
I've always had the belief that there's more to life than what mere eyes can see. It's more like METAPHYSICAL. The mind of every individual is somehow interconnected with the universe

Thank you.

I think so too. The mind is a lot stronger than we know.

1 Like

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by mrkia(m): 10:45am On Feb 13, 2022
Righteousness2:
Young man Listen attentively,
If you Depart this Earth without a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ, you Have Wasted your Life. It is Straight to Hell!
You won't say you were not told or you didn't hear!
GOD ALMIGHTY open your Eyes before it is too late..

Grandpa of hell! So, That's all you can spit in response to simple and straight forwardly analogy I had given you up there.

Of course you lots don't have the sagacity of knowlege it requires to explain Jesus (Prpht. Eesa - May HE be pleased with) to me while though am one of the billions of Muslims community who believe in God and all His sent Prophets - the Iast of whom was Muhammad ( may he be pleased with) on whose authority we got to know who's Prpht. Easa (alaehis salaam) and the best way to relate with Him.

I wish you could jettison being emotional for once and grab a copy of a genuie Old Testament (those 5books precisely; Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Number s and Deuteronomy and a copy of as well a FINAL Testament (Glorious Qur'an) and judge for yourself the "doctrines of vicarious Atonement", "Crucifixion", "Original Sin", "the Definity of Jesus", "the Trinity", "the Sonship of Jesus" etc.

My brother !! People are doing this and you too can do the same.
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Brokeloser: 11:10am On Feb 13, 2022
9jaBloke:

Nigeria can be frustrating.
In fairness, some policemen met us at the scene and asked all owners of the vehicles involved to come to their station to write statements so that the owner of the tanker can pay damages. Dad opted to go fix his car by himself. I guess he was just glad that we were alive and whole.
He should have taken the case up.If they are not punished they will cause another loss of lives and property again but anyway thank God for sparing you guys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by Maxxim: 12:19pm On Feb 13, 2022
Omniman:
Church people will come and be ranting up n down.
Over 1000 years. There is power in your tongue..
You can't deliver yourself from bondage.

But when you talk say you go die. Na that time power in the tongue go work FIA FIA. angry

But wait o... There must be power in text too grin
No mind them, they take shit too serious
Re: "I Might Die Before Tomorrow": Man Killed In Ibadan Robbery Attack Wrote by BarrElChapo(m): 2:12pm On Feb 13, 2022
9jaBloke:
Pure coincidence but then:

Let us be mindful of the kind of words we speak to ourselves and to others.

Let me share a personal experience (please pardon the length):

Many years ago, I drove my Dad from Ilesa to Lagos for an important business meeting. The discussion was kind of boring so I left the conference room and went to the vehicle to chill. Still bored, I switched on the radio and kept tuning until I got to a channel (can't recall which). A call-in program was on-going and the question was 'If God leaves you to decide how much longer you want to live, how many years would you ask for and why?'.

Listeners called in and gave varying figures...100 years, 200, 80, 50. Most people's reason was that they still had a lot to achieve. Some said life was too good. One woman said she wanted to see her great great grand children.

I decided to call in and say something shocking, just for the fun of it. I wanted to say that I would ask God for one more day because life is stressful and boring. I tried and tried but my call didn't go through, probably because of the number of people trying to call. It finally connected just as the program was about to end but the presenter announced that they won't be taking any more calls. So I didn't get to air my outrageous view on radio.

The next day, we set off for Ilesa, I drove. Just before Ibadan, Ratcon Construction Company was fixing the expressway at a sharp bend, and their heavy duty vehicles occupied one lane. This generated traffic as all the cars on the road were forced to slow down and squeeze into the other lane. I negotiated that bend at about 80-100 kph, saw the traffic, slowed down completely and joined the queue.

Less than a minute later, I heard some shouting behind me, I looked in my rearview mirror and saw a petroleum tanker bearing down on me. The tanker driver must have got to the bend at top speed like most vehicles, saw the traffic and lost control. The tanker was directly behind me and was definitely going to crush me. All I can remember was unconsciously whispering God please... God please.

Suddenly, a white inter-state commercial bus appeared, driving at break-neck speed and also lost control. The bus driver must have been trying to overtake the tanker at the bend with no knowledge of what was going on.(all these happened in split seconds)

Both the bus and the tanker hit me. The bus, a fraction of a second earlier than the tanker. The bus pushed me forward and took my original space. The tanker hit both of us but the bus took most of the impact. The tanker's blow on my vehicle was glancing so it sent me into the surrounding bushes. The bus was completely crushed. My Dad and I came out of the bushes and watched the bus driver die.

The tanker (fully loaded) had overturned and fuel was trickling out of one compartment. Luckily it was diesel so it didn't ignite.

The events of those two days will be vividly etched in my memory forever.

Now, I'm not a superstitious person. I'm very strong on facts and logic but at times, I can't help but wonder if the result would have been different if my call went through.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cameroonian Ladies Run With Lover’s Car & Cash After Marathon Sex In Nigeria / Missing Undergraduate, Faith Aluko, Found / Aisha Omolola, ABU Student Commits Suicide, Drops Note (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.