Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) (59128 Views)

Hadiza Salami: Missing Fountain University Student Found Unhurt / 17-Year-Old Kano Boy Removes A Beggar's Eye Ball To Prepare Disappearing Charm / Hadiza Babayo: Lady Kidnaps Her Cousin For N6m Ransom In Gombe State [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by jrusky(m): 8:34pm On Feb 12, 2022
MufasaLion:
She's a beggar and she's not been accused of burglary. Is it wrong for a beggar to have such money?

Ofcourse she can have such money but zoom that picture and see the way the cash was arranged it shows something more she need to explain. It look very much like an erand cash given to her for someone to come and pick it up from her at a point and with the security challenges in the country hhmm...hard to trust anyone especially in this part of Nigeria.
Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by Hawkler: 8:34pm On Feb 12, 2022
She must have been begging before the first world war.

1 Like

Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by donhils: 8:36pm On Feb 12, 2022
aribisala0:
You do not know the circumstances . Is there a law stopping her changing her notes to 500 or 1000 naira

We jump to irrational conclusions too quickly
Do we know how long it took to gather that money

We simply have no clue and should ask questions rather than jump to conclusions
Anyways, I'm not a beggar so I don't know if they normally change their small denominations to big ones.
But then, what led to her arrest in the first place?
Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by KingAzubuike(f): 8:36pm On Feb 12, 2022
So because she's a beggar, it instantly became a crime for her to own 500k.?

1 Like

Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by minasu190: 8:37pm On Feb 12, 2022
Beggie beggie
Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by lionphil(m): 8:37pm On Feb 12, 2022
danowena:
A beggar in a good location with high traffic and compassionate people will make over 2k comfortably. Assuming N500 is used for food, that comes to 45k monthly and over N540k in a year. So it is not surprising.
This doesn’t mean you should stop showing compassion.

Some people don't even know what's up... please enlighten them. A close friend told me about a time when he went to buy roasted yam and beans, while he was there these small hausa beggars came there... there were 3 of them. Each of them bought 3 pieces of #200 worth of fish and left. The guy was amazed because he has been giving these same beggars money. He has never for once gone to buy as many as two fish, talkless of three.

I also heard about a cripple who always stayed in front of a well known church. The guy has a two storey building with tenants in it.

2 Likes

Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by Horla1000: 8:37pm On Feb 12, 2022
Arrested for what exactly?
Do you know that most of these beggars are richer than most salary earners?
Do you know how many people give them money daily, through begging?

There is no justification whatsoever for arresting the woman.
Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by aribisala0(m): 8:38pm On Feb 12, 2022
donhils:

Anyways, I'm not a beggar so I don't know if they normally change their small denominations to big ones.
But then, what led to her arrest in the first place?
That is the right approach ask questions

Be slow to form opinions
It is only when you admit that you do not know that the possibility of knowing arises
That is what separates higher minds from mobs
Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by ellizy(m): 8:40pm On Feb 12, 2022
Her market sell.. na mumu Dey give beggar money hoping African God go provide in multiple folds

1 Like

Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by Goldie16(f): 8:40pm On Feb 12, 2022
Olubukki:
. Abeg reason like human being. She wetin you type. Make sense to you at all �. Make una wake up from una slumber. We are so lag behind...... Dey reason Wella ..... .5million with a common begger is ten much. Her way no pure at all �. She must answer where the money come from ole barawo bamsa shegi
They said N500,000 not 5 million o
Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 12, 2022
Lol...This one is not a new thing na.
Come over to Alaba Rago and okokomaiko, u 'd see them plenty. I never underestimate them cuz I know many of them are rich landlords, landladies or even into scrap collection and all that. You see those iron condemn and carton collectors, them dey cash out steady.
Even the one that bought my uncle's old car to turn it to scrap was a well known beggar. How that man counted 300,000 in my presence from his undergarments still amazes me up till now. I was lost in wonder that day. And he is still begging...lol

1 Like

Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by Scamperlee(m): 8:42pm On Feb 12, 2022
I think this beggar is into exchanging of money giving to her by people with bundles of naira note from Rich people
She is into selling of people's destiny to those rich and wicked men. This is not new anymore because it on several occasions in Osun State.

Stop giving money to road side beggars una no go hear undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by xgnx(m): 8:42pm On Feb 12, 2022
Omg �� this woman na million naira grin
Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by ayenika1: 8:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
We are still in ancient days. No regard for humans in this country.

You caught her with 500K. The once caught with bullion van in broad daylight are walking freely and you said, we have a government

Respect her dignity even if she's not lettered, beggar, mentally challenged or disabled.

You failed to ask questions, you just judged her to be a kidnapper because you don't understand her language and you handed her over to the police who will collect all the money, push her back to the street to start over. She becomes angered and decides to fight back. She joins a terrorist group, then, you would blame her for not taking complaints to the government that labelled her.

There can be no peace if we continue this way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by aribisala0(m): 8:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
jrusky:

Ofcourse she can have such money but zoom that picture and see the way the cash was arranged it shows something more she need to explain. It look very much like an erand cash given to her for someone to come and pick it up from her at a point and with the security challenges in the country hhmm...hard to trust anyone especially in this part of Nigeria.
Who arranged the cash? Do you know ? Stop all these amateur detective work

The arrangement of the cash looks like errand cash , Does that statement make any sense. Will it have any meaning in front of a judge?

How does one arrange cash when it is from clean sources or for good purpose> What kind of logic is that?
Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by Shalommy(f): 8:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
She's a spy.. Bokoharam spy. Chaii..
Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by Otunbakolawole0: 8:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
Arrested for what? Most of the beggars you see are part of a larger group. The #10, #20 naira you give to them is remitted to a head beggar who give them a stipend for that day, the change collected is then taken to their customers, mostly market women, petrol attendants etc for exchange into bigger denomination as those ones need the change, the bad notes are bartered to mallams who exchange it for soap or bucket. They do this daily and remit the money back home to their various states in the north. Every one in the begging chain gets paid.

3 Likes

Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by Goldie16(f): 8:44pm On Feb 12, 2022
Olubukki:
. You people are just shallow minded. One way traffic. See the gibberish you type. Tueh. .. una level of reasons. Just dey amaze me Reason well biko. Stop thinking like a ....�
I have seen someone give a beggar N50,000 here in Abuja. It's nothing to alot of people. Many wealthy people with terminal illnesses have been given instructions by their prophets and imams to give huge sums to beggars and they do it in faith that they'll get a miracle of healing or whatever other miracle they desire. Forget o. Things dey happen. These beggars cash out BIG time especially in Abuja

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by tempest01(m): 8:44pm On Feb 12, 2022
If theres no crime tied to her she should be released.

She probably saves all her proceeds for begging.

I would advise people instead of giving these beggars money, ask for what they want and pay for it.

These days you cannot differentiate those that need and those that are greedy.
Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by Mayor88(m): 8:45pm On Feb 12, 2022
Why arresting her pls? That's her own hustle na
Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by nedekid: 8:46pm On Feb 12, 2022
What is the crime here?
So what if she does not have a bank account and keeps all the proceeds of her begging hustle in cash and on her person? Abi rich person cannot drop $100 bill for begger again?
Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by izubext007: 8:46pm On Feb 12, 2022
They should leave is her savings from begging.
Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by cayorday89(m): 8:49pm On Feb 12, 2022
This is a woman with guaranteed income with little or no running cost, no tax, no rent payment, no transport cost, no power cost and so many day to day cost of running the business and you say make she no get that kind savings... Many spiritualists even go as far as offering huge amount as directed by their spiritualists.

This reminds me of a Senegalese literature titled Beggar's Strike by Aminata Sowfall... These beggars were living the life.
Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by Handsum64: 8:53pm On Feb 12, 2022
MufasaLion:
She's a beggar and she's not been accused of burglary. Is it wrong for a beggar to have such money?
Naivety and low IQ are one and the same
Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:54pm On Feb 12, 2022
Golan007:
Arrested for what exactly?

For investigation, or is it normal for a beggar to possess such huge amount of cash? What kind of country do you want
Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by Theoarhics: 8:54pm On Feb 12, 2022
Some beggars earn more than some white colar workers from legit begging. Don't get it twisted some beggars dey earn well from begging
Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by Golan007: 8:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
Tajbol4splend:

For investigation, or is it normal for a beggar to possess such huge amount of cash? What kind of country do you want

Have you been auditing beggars to know how much they make?
Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by bizzibodi(m): 8:58pm On Feb 12, 2022
This shows how useless our naira has become just see what can contain #500k a begging bowl.
Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by calcal: 8:58pm On Feb 12, 2022
If one register an NGO with 100 beggars and makes #1000/day per beg that will be cool.

Tinubu knows the deal as per agbero founder.
Re: A Beggar, Hadiza Ibrahim Caught In Abuja With Over N500k And $100 (photos) by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:01pm On Feb 12, 2022
Golan007:

Have you been auditing beggars to know how much they make?

I run a POS, and beggars come to me to deposit thousands of money, you should never be a beggar if you have such huge amount of money, it's extortion, something is not right, but a lot of you are eager to criticize anything people in government do just for the sake of criticism, your criticism is not even logical most times

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Beats Man In A Fight At A Supermarket. Photos/video / Anyasodo Lemachi Genevieve: Missing Girl In Imo State / EFCC Arrests Operators, Trainees Of Yahoo Academy In Akwa Ibom (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.