Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,534 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case (28280 Views)

Is It A Crime To Call A Lawyer Charge And Bail / I Need A Lawyer To Represent Me For Workplace Assault. / How Much Does An Average Yahoo Boy Make Per Year ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by Skyclub14: 10:40pm On Feb 12, 2022
Abuja ma’am’
[color=#770077][/color]
folake4u:

Hmmm. What part of Nigeria though?
Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by folake4u(f): 10:41pm On Feb 12, 2022
Skyclub14:
If it is possible to represent myself ..I can do it and win the case even though I’m not a lawyer ..

Yes, it's also possible to represent yourself actually.
But it's going to be a lot better if you have legal representation.

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by folake4u(f): 10:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
Skyclub14:
Abuja ma’am’
[color=#770077][/color]

Oh okay.

I'm sorry, I don't know any Abuja based lawyer for now.
Still check around on Nairaland, you might see someone to represent you.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by Skyclub14: 10:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
Exactly..ns
folake4u post=110180407hh:

Yes, it's also possible to represent yourself actually.
But it's going to be a lot better if you have legal representation.
Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by Skyclub14: 10:45pm On Feb 12, 2022
Okay ..thank you for the response ..I will search because the guy that fought and injured me is now reaching forgiving ness and meekness..those Christian quotes as if I’m not a Christian myself ..he didn’t think of Christianity before he did what he did
folake4u:

Oh okay.

I'm sorry, I don't know any Abuja based lawyer for now.
Still check around on Nairaland, you might see someone to represent you.

Cheers.
Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by Cultistupdate: 10:49pm On Feb 12, 2022
Skyclub14:
Please how much does an average low key lawyer charge to represent me in a case of assault if I am the victim ? Thanks I’m advance guys

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by Skyclub14: 10:50pm On Feb 12, 2022
Serious sir?
Cultistupdate:

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by folake4u(f): 11:14pm On Feb 12, 2022
Skyclub14:
Okay ..thank you for the response ..I will search because the guy that fought and injured me is now reaching forgiving ness and meekness..those Christian quotes as if I’m not a Christian myself ..he didn’t think of Christianity before he did what he did

Aww, I can imagine.

No wahala Sir.
Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by IMEI: 12:29am On Feb 13, 2022
folake4u:

As in ehnn! Thank you oh, Ma'am Dogged fighter. grin

Na NLS wahala just full my brain WALLAHI. grin grin

Hello

I'm a lawyer and i studied in Lagos campus

I'd like to give you some crucial pieces of advice:

1.Study past questions, preferably, all of the preceding three to four years i.e 2017 - 2021. Study each of the years distinctly and for all courses, do so religiously. Doing so would actually help serve as a guide to preparing for your Bar finals

2. When answering MCQ questions, make sure you split the time evenly for all courses, because just an hour is given to answer 20questions each in all five courses. I strongly advice that you start by answering 10 each from all courses and thereafter attempt the remaining. Succeeding in MCQ is pivotal in passing the exams

3. When writing Corporate Law Practice, you'll be asked to fill a form on registering a company etc. Ensure you fill ALL slots, leave none empty

I honestly believe this is expo for you, i'm actually sure about it

I wish you the best in your quest to become a new wig

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by folake4u(f): 12:49am On Feb 13, 2022
IMEI:

Hello

I'm a lawyer and i studied in Lagos campus

I'd like to give you some crucial pieces of advice:

1.Study past questions, preferably, all of the preceding three to four years i.e 2017 - 2021. Study each of the years distinctly and for all courses, do so religiously. Doing so would actually help serve as a guide to preparing for your Bar finals

2. When answering MCQ questions, make sure you split the time evenly for all courses, because just an hour is given to answer 20questions each in all five courses. I strongly advice that you start by answering 10 each from all courses and thereafter attempt the remaining. Succeeding in MCQ is pivotal in passing the exams

3. When writing Corporate Law Practice, you'll be asked to fill a form on registering a company etc. Ensure you fill ALL slots, leave none empty

I honestly believe this is expo for you, i'm actually sure about it

I wish you the best in your quest to become a new wig

Thank youuuuuuuuuu so much.

You've been most helpful. I'm grateful for this advice.

Please I want to ask a question. Reading textbooks isn't necessary right? Because to me, it's bulky and time consuming.
Then again, we were told to just focus more on the principles of law, that cases and sections aren't that important. Under exam condition, how can one cite the case(s).
Is it like in Uni days where we'd write the facts and what the court held?
OR
See Mojeku v. Mojeku for rights of females to inherit properties

Please I need to clarify this.

About the MCQ, I'd focus on it and time myself when practicing it. This means I shouldn't focus on year 2009- 2015 right? Cos it's Hella bulky too!

Thank you for the tip on the CAC form too.

Thank you so much Sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by IMEI: 1:16am On Feb 13, 2022
folake4u:

Please I want to ask a question. Reading textbooks isn't necessary right? Because to me, it's bulky and time consuming.
Then again, we were told to just focus more on the principles of law, that cases and sections aren't that important. Under exam condition, how can one cite the case(s).
OR

About the MCQ, I'd focus on it and time myself when practicing it. This means I shouldn't focus on year 2009- 2015 right? Cos it's Hella bulky too!

Thank you so much Sir.

The three tips i posted above were the only things i did to pass, though i used summary handouts i.e 'my notes' for support. I honestly didn't use a textbook, though they contain broader info.

Citing of cases and sections aren't as vital in Law school as in Uni, but knowledge and application of them help as well. You should definitely know the Principles and exceptions

If you study the past questions, you'd observe that Law School questions are applied questions and knowledge of Legal principles is a must

I advice you focus on 2016/2017-2021 past questions

I forgot to add, learn ALL drafts in Civil Litigation because you'll be required to draft virtually all. In my time, we drafted nothing less than 20 processes in the exam

Also learn CHARGES in Criminal Litigation, it's definitely coming out

In Professional skills and ethics, learn how to calculate legal fees, among other things.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by Cultistupdate: 2:54am On Feb 13, 2022
Skyclub14:
Serious sir?

Yes. Sir that's the lawyer's transport
Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by folake4u(f): 7:35am On Feb 13, 2022
IMEI:

The three tips i posted above were the only things i did to pass, though i used summary handouts i.e 'my notes' for support. I honestly didn't use a textbook, though they contain broader info.

Citing of cases and sections aren't as vital in Law school as in Uni, but knowledge and application of them help as well. You should definitely know the Principles and exceptions

If you study the past questions, you'd observe that Law School questions are applied questions and knowledge of Legal principles is a must

I advice you focus on 2016/2017-2021 past questions

I forgot to add, learn ALL drafts in Civil Litigation because you'll be required to draft virtually all. In my time, we drafted nothing less than 20 processes in the exam

Also learn CHARGES in Criminal Litigation, it's definitely coming out

In Professional skills and ethics, learn how to calculate legal fees, among other things.

Oh I see. I'd start forming my notes this week sef. Our externship is in March.

Alright, I'd focus on the principles and its exceptions then. Thank you for this timely tip.

@past questions. I'd do focus on 2015-2021 then. kiss

Jeeez! shocked I'd have to learn all Civil Litigation drafts? Those things are bulky oh.

Yes, I know that Charges is a compulsory question in Criminal Litigation. The Lecturers said it also.
Do you know about any compulsory question in Corporate Law Practice?

Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by Das1mama: 7:41am On Feb 13, 2022
doggedfighter:

grin grin @barrister Akpan
yes o that's the Only available 1 at d moment, Pple use to hire him once in a year.

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by skybeauty(f): 7:45am On Feb 13, 2022
Skyclub14:
Please kindly take your comments and jokes elsewhere ..I need only serious and helpful answers

If you need an average or low key lawyer that will represent you well in Abuja please DM me. I will link you to one.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by Skyclub14: 8:04am On Feb 13, 2022
Thanks �
skybeauty:

If you need an average or low key lawyer that will represent you well in Abuja please DM me. I will link you to one.
Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by IMEI: 8:13am On Feb 13, 2022
folake4u:

Oh I see. I'd start forming my notes this week sef. Our externship is in March.

Alright, I'd focus on the principles and its exceptions then. Thank you for this timely tip.

@past questions. I'd do focus on 2015-2021 then. kiss

Jeeez! shocked I'd have to learn all Civil Litigation drafts? Those things are bulky oh.

Yes, I know that Charges is a compulsory question in Criminal Litigation. The Lecturers said it also.
Do you know about any compulsory question in Corporate Law Practice?

Thank you so much.

Goodluck with the externship

I can't think of any compulsory questions for Corporate Law Practice, just study past questions and know what to expect. Also learn how to fill the CAC forms appropriately

The 'my notes' i referred to are those handouts on each course containing summaries of all the topics that are sold in the campus. That was what we used to call them, but if you believe making your own notes would suffice, then that'll be okay

Best wishes...i know that God willing you'll be part of the fold

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by folake4u(f): 8:15am On Feb 13, 2022
IMEI:

Goodluck with the externship

I can't think of any compulsory questions for Corporate Law Practice, just study past questions and know what to expect. Also learn how to fill the CAC forms appropriately

Thank you a million times. kiss

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by IMEI: 8:21am On Feb 13, 2022
folake4u:

Thank you a million times. kiss
God bless

2 Likes

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by ebig21(m): 8:33am On Feb 13, 2022
folake4u:

Then again, we were told to just focus more on the principles of law, that cases and sections

aren't that important. Under exam condition, how can one cite the case(s).
OR

Thank you so much Sir.

Learn your sample drafts, don’t rush a question
The answers are hidden there. As you are reading slowly start writing on the back of answer booklets the topics, you have to know the topic the question is coming from.
For example Charles instructed his lawyer in the airport to evict his tenant.
Question 1. Comment on the propriety or otherwise of the lawyer receiving instructions at the airport.
Question 2? What is the first step to take in achieving his instruction?
3. Draft the first step.
Question 4what other documents should accompany the first step,
5. If the tenant is owing 11 million for the year which court should you approach?
6. Draft the heading of the court you mentioned in no 5?

From the above question the topic are recovery of premises, rules of professional conduct.
If you know this topic well you can answer the questions correctly.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by folake4u(f): 8:39am On Feb 13, 2022
ebig21:

Learn your sample drafts, don’t rush a question
The answers are hidden there. As you are reading slowly start writing on the back of answer booklets the topics, you have to know the topic the question is coming from.
For example Charles instructed his lawyer in the airport to evict his tenant.
Question 1. Comment on the propriety or otherwise of the lawyer receiving instructions at the airport.
Question 2? What is the first step to take in achieving his instruction?
3. Draft the first step.
Question 4what other documents should accompany the first step,
5. If the tenant is owing 11 million for the year which court should you approach?
6. Draft the heading of the court you mentioned in no 5?

From the above question the topic are recovery of premises, rules of professional conduct.
If you know this topic well you can answer the questions correctly.

I bought a Sample Draftbook for all courses, I'd definitely follow your tips.

Lol we haven't reached this topic yet oh@ recovery of premises. cheesy
But yes, I know that rule of professional conduct.

Thank you nevertheless. kiss
Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by Skyclub14: 8:42am On Feb 13, 2022
Hello what is the meaning of this nonsense? Why are you hijacking my threat ? I created this thread to get a solution to my problem and you have diverted the thread to your own personal narrative. Create yours and says whatever you want to say there
folake4u:

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by Skyclub14: 8:44am On Feb 13, 2022
Where do I find your reply to my dm Cus I sent an automated nairaland message to you from your profile
skybeauty:

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by ebig21(m): 9:56am On Feb 13, 2022
folake4u:

You are welcome use easy read and past questions, time your self. Only make textbook a reference material in order to understand if you are having misconceptions, failing and passing is easier the same time. Just do your best I wish you the best of luck

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by clockwisereport: 4:25pm On Feb 14, 2022
pocohantas:

E say na lowkey. Folake4u go help us represent this one. Abi na Sterope? grin grin

Folake4u still dey hustle lectures for law school
Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by Teespice(f): 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2022
Jesus Christ.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by bigcee(m): 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2022
Which one be average low key lawyer grin. Na wa o!

2 Likes

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by Kajaard: 4:29pm On Feb 14, 2022
bigcee:
Which one be average low key lawyer grin. Na wa o!

Na confirmed CHARGE AND BAIL lawyer be dat cheesy

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by tutudesz: 4:30pm On Feb 14, 2022
Skyclub14:
Please how much does an average low key lawyer charge to represent me in a case of assault if I am the victim ? Thanks I’m advance guys
Some lawyers charge per Court appearance and some charge per case. Since you are in Abuja, I will advise you visit the law school.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case by OhiOfIhima: 4:30pm On Feb 14, 2022
folake4u:

As in ehnn! Thank you oh, Ma'am Dogged fighter. grin

Na NLS wahala just full my brain WALLAHI. grin grin

My Cement or Capitol babe... So, u be lawyer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man In Military Uniform Seen Intimidating Other Road Users With A Gun / How Oyo Occultic Fraudsters Duped German Based Woman Of N81 Million. Photos / I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.