Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,769 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? (1496 Views)

Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) / List Of Tinubu Achievements In Education When He Was Lagos Governor 1999 - 2007 / Miyetti Allah: We Will Support Tinubu Because He Helped Us When He Was Lagos Gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by Mayyvin: 11:07pm On Feb 12, 2022
It's no news Tinubu has declared to run for office and he's most likely gonna bear his party's flag.

I don't yet have a preferred candidate so I'm tryna gather data to make a more informed decision.

This question is for those who lived in Lagos during Tinubu's tenure as governor...

How was Lagos during his reign in terms of development?
Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by agulion: 11:46pm On Feb 12, 2022
Terrible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:49pm On Feb 12, 2022
Garbage filled, wasted eight years. We started missing Marwa badly grin Fashola was a breath of fresh air after Tinubu

PS, Tinubu has been the worst Lagos state Governor since 1999, don't be deceived by that dog drivel where his urchins say "he set the template" for the subsequent governors cool

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by HajiMT: 12:54am On Feb 13, 2022
Tinubu came to power in 1999 and he gave Lagos a vision and mission which not only him but also his successors have been following religiously.

He came in at a time Lagos was dirty. He cleaned up the state.

He gave redemption to Victoria Island by reclaiming Ahmadu Bello way Victoria Island from recurrent sea surge. He is the architect of Eko Atlantic that many of his critics now go to for photographs.

What you know as Lekki Phase 1 and it’s surroundings where the so called celebrities dwell was built by this great man.

He regenerated a substantial part of Lagos Island from Marina to the other inner streets. All the streets he reconstructed within Lagos Island are still very strong till today.

He turned around the way Lagos was generating its internal revenue and the state became better for it. A leap from around 500 million naira monthly to like 15 billion naira at the time he left. I don’t need to tell you what it is today.

The bus rapid system was his idea and he built the brt corridor almost 100% before Fashola took over to complete and inaugurate the first of its kind initiative.

He built many other durable roads such as:

(1) Mushin Oshodi road
(2) Kudirat Abiola road in Oregon
(3) Lawanson Ojuelegba road
(4) Ikotun Igando road
(5) Isheri Iba road (which was opened for use by Fashola)
(6) Bourdillion Awolowo road
(7) Ozumba Mbadiwe road VI (Fashola also completed this)
(cool Adeola Odeku street VI

He established Agencies such as KAI, Latsma, Lamar’s etc which other states have now copied

I am not a politician neither a son of the soil but these are things that I witnessed in Lagos. I can go on and on

15 Likes

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by JohnSin97: 1:04am On Feb 13, 2022

2 Likes

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by huptin(m): 4:29am On Feb 13, 2022
HajiMT:
Tinubu came to power in 1999 and he gave Lagos a vision and mission which not only him but also his successors have been following religiously.

He gave redemption to Victoria Island by reclaiming Ahmadu Bello way Victoria Island from recurrent sea surge. He is the architect of Eko Atlantic that many of his critics now go to for photographs.

What you know as Lekki Phase 1 and it’s surroundings where the so called celebrities dwell was built by this great man.

He regenerated a substantial part of Lagos Island from Marina to the other inner streets. All the streets he reconstructed within Lagos Island are still very strong till today.

He turned around the way Lagos was generating its internal revenue and the state became better for it. A leap from around 500 million naira monthly to like 15 billion naira at the time he left. I don’t need to tell you what it is today.

The bus rapid system was his idea and he built the brt corridor almost 100% before Fashola took over to complete and inaugurate the first of its kind initiative.

(1) Mushin Oshodi road
(4) Ikotun Igando road

He established Agencies such as KAI, Latsma, Lamar’s etc which other states have now copied

I am not a politician neither a son of the soil but these are things that I witnessed in Lagos. I can go on and on

It was the Federal government that reclaimed Ahmadu Bello way, not Tinubu. While he did some things, Lagos was still filthy when he left. He constructed some roads but he actually did not do a single massive project to deal with the perennial traffic.

In all of this, his greatest weaknesses were:

1. He paid very little attention to Education
2. He encouraged touts and agberos

Till date the two weaknesses have been the bane of Lagos and South West in general.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by blancsn1: 4:42am On Feb 13, 2022
Lunatic commenting instead of going to the lagoon to do the needful

huptin:

It was the Federal government that reclaimed Ahmadu Bello way, not Tinubu. While he did some things, Lagos was still filthy when he left. He constructed some roads but he actually did not do a single massive project to deal with the perennial traffic.

Till date the two weaknesses have been the bane of Lagos and South West in general.

8 Likes

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by Shetemi12(m): 5:00am On Feb 13, 2022
MASTAkiLLAh:
Garbage filled, wasted eight years. We started missing Marwa badly grin Fashola was a breath of fresh air after Tinubu

PS, Tinubu has been the worst Lagos state Governor since 1999, don't be deceived by that dog drivel where his urchins say "he set the template" for the subsequent governors cool

Sense has left this one. Mum.u

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by Shetemi12(m): 5:03am On Feb 13, 2022
huptin:

You don't need to say rubbish with confidence. Someone reading what you wrote in essay will think probably you have the idea but way No, you typied nonsense.

Tinubu major achievement was in Education, you can go to stat to confirm. He employ teachers, made education accessible, paid examination fees for students.

N.B he was not on federal government allocation for 4 years

4 Likes

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by huptin(m): 5:12am On Feb 13, 2022
Shetemi12:

You don't need to say rubbish with confidence. Someone reading what you wrote in essay will think probably you have the idea but way No, you typied nonsense.

Tinubu major achievement was in Education, you can go to stat to confirm. He employ teachers, made education accessible, paid examination fees for students.

N.B he was not on federal government allocation for 4 years

Because you are projecting your candidate does not mean you have the liberty to insult people except of course you lack good breeding.

Answer these questions, if indeed Tinubu's greatest achievement is in education:

1. How come we have so many out of school children every where in Lagos unleashing mayhem every day in Lagos?

2. How many schools did he build as governor?

3. How come touts and agberos are living way above the standard of an average graduate in the same Lagos

4. The only state University, LASU under Tinubu how did it fare? Out of Tinubu's 8 years, LASU was barely in session for 6, it was strikes upon strikes and even when the school was in session it was riddled with cultism, enter Ambode and everything changed dramatically.

5. You can't come from a village somewhere in a backward south West state and claim to know Lagos better than me oga!

Don't come to a faceless forum and write all the balderdash that comes to your head, just because you want to plant your Iragbiji Lagosian wanna be like yourself on the entire nation.

4 Likes

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by Poiu11: 5:15am On Feb 13, 2022
(1) Mushin Oshodi road
(2) Kudirat Abiola road in Oregon fashola constructed it.
(4) Ikotun Igando road
(5) Isheri Iba road
(7) Ozumba Mbadiwe road VI
all this road were constructed by the military or fashola....... .. fashola tried as a governor. school under tinubu. under tinubu lagos saw no improvement. he was business blaming obasanjo.

1 Like

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by Shetemi12(m): 5:21am On Feb 13, 2022
huptin:

Because you are projecting your candidate does not mean you have the liberty to insult people except of course you lack good breeding.

Answer these questions, if indeed Tinubu's greatest achievement is in education:

1. How come we have so many out of school children every where in Lagos unleashing mayhem every day in Lagos?

2. How many schools did he build as governor?

3. How come touts and agberos are living way above the standard of an average graduate in the same Lagos

4. The only state University, LASU under Tinubu how did it fare? Out of Tinubu's 8 years, LASU was barely in session for 6, it was strikes upon strikes and even when the school was in session it was riddled with cultism, enter Ambode and everything changed dramatically.

5. You can't come from a village somewhere in a backward south West state and claim to know Lagos better than me oga!

Don't come to a faceless forum and write all the balderdash that comes to your head, just because you want to plant your Iragbiji Lagosian wanna be like yourself on the entire nation.

First of all, I'm a Lagosian. Born in Lagos. I'm from Ojo, I'm an Awori. My mother is from Epe.

Your questions can be answered by Google so I won't disturb myself with much of your stupid question
If any tout or agbero is having a better life than an educated person, it shows the tout is working! Have you seen them running after bus to make their ends meet, go to oshodi and see how touts are fairing, go to mushin or ketu. You will just come online to say stupid words, if all touts are rich or living a better life, you think every parent won't want a better life for them. Ask the educated ones to come for government empowerment, will they go? But those touts will go.

Tinubu legacy in Lagos state gives accomodations to everyone whether you are a tout or educated one. We are one!

2 Likes

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by huptin(m): 5:31am On Feb 13, 2022
Shetemi12:

First of all, I'm a Lagosian. Born in Lagos. I'm from Ojo, I'm an Awori. My mother is from Epe.

Your questions can be answered by Google so I won't disturb myself with much of your stupid question
If any tout or agbero is having a better life than an educated person, it shows the tout is working! Have you seen them running after bus to make their ends meet, go to oshodi and see how touts are fairing, go to mushin or ketu. You will just come online to say stupid words, if all touts are rich or living a better life, you think every parent won't want a better life for them. Ask the educated ones to come for government empowerment, will they go? But those touts will go.

Tinubu legacy in Lagos state gives accomodations to everyone whether you are a tout or educated one. We are one!

I now see the reason why you said Tinubu's greatest achievement is in education, I can't really fault you. If you believe that an agbero chasing bus from Ketu to Ojota is more hardworking than an average graduate. MC Oluomo, Kunle Poly and others living like king's are also very hardworking; causing mayhem in Lagos every day, our belief system does not correlate at all.

However to put an end to this: since Tinubu's greatest achievement is in education, please send your children to any of the wonderful public schools he built.

Thanks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by Shetemi12(m): 5:40am On Feb 13, 2022
huptin:

I now see the reason why you said Tinubu's greatest achievement is in education, I can't really fault you. If you believe that an agbero chasing bus from Ketu to Ojota is more hardworking than an average graduate. MC Oluomo, Kunle Poly and others living like king's are also very hardworking; causing mayhem in Lagos every day, our belief system does not correlate at all.

However to put an end to this: since Tinubu's greatest achievement is in education, please send your children to any of the wonderful public schools he built.

Thanks.

There are there and doing fine..! And some are in LASU, getting state bursary as lagosian
Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by Munamu: 5:47am On Feb 13, 2022
HajiMT:

(1) Mushin Oshodi road
(4) Ikotun Igando road

For 8 good years! But be truthful to yourself, Lagos has always been blessed with good governors, and Tinubu is the worst out of them all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by Help2020: 5:51am On Feb 13, 2022
Mayyvin:
It's no news Tinubu has declared to run for office and he's most likely gonna bear his party's flag.

I don't yet have a preferred candidate so I'm tryna gather data to make a more informed decision.

This question is for those who lived in Lagos during Tinubu's tenure as governor...

How was Lagos during his reign in terms of development?
the real deal is how did he made his noney?
Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by huptin(m): 5:56am On Feb 13, 2022
Shetemi12:

There are there and doing fine..! And some are in LASU, getting state bursary as lagosian

Good for you, as for me my children will not go there, as for LASU, thanks to Ambode: there has been a great and wonderful turn around.

I wish you and your children the very best. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by Mayyvin: 12:23pm On Feb 13, 2022
agulion:
Terrible

Do you mind going into details, please?
Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by SwissMass: 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2022
The question was, How was Lagos for those that were in Lagos?

But to my surprise, it is igbos that are answering, is that not wonderful, they claim Lagos is bad, south west is terrible but they didn't go back to their land flowing with "milk and honey", they can't stop running away from Igbo land to Yoruba land, hehehehehe what a contradictory double standard life, are they afraid of awesomeness of their land? or are they running away from Biafra war, unknown gunmen, cannibals or what made them seek refuge in a land claim to be terrible?
May GOD bless Yoruba land, may our enemies have unending ruining stomach

6 Likes

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by kettykin: 12:33pm On Feb 13, 2022
Please compare it to how Lagos was before Tinubu
Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 13, 2022
Ask these ottelectuals to describe the road to their father house in alaigbo and watch them stammer, what was Peter Obi 8 years of governorship benefit to igbos?

This is why I want a law that will forbid a non indigene to vote in any region in Nigeria, go and see the level of decay in alaigbo during election, maybe it will level up with maiduguri sad

1 Like

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 13, 2022
SwissMass:
The question was, How was Lagos for those that were in Lagos?

But they my surprise, it is igbos that are answering, is that not wonderful, they claim Lagos is bad, south west is terrible but they can't stop running away from Igbo land, hehehehehe what a contradictory double standard life, may GOD bless Yoruba land, may our enemies have unending ruining stomach

Thank you. You can see that most Yorubas on Nairaland now understand Igbos and their hateful antics with the way many avoided this mischievous thread.

The ability of the average Igbo to think effectively has been totally destroyed by hateful sentiments and emotions towards others.

They can keep lying to the world online about Tinubu, Lagos and the Yorubas but elections are not won online or with hateful lies, propaganda, fabrications and scare-mongering against others.

Nigerian elections can never be won by hypocrites and haters who talk a lot yet have the smallest number of registered voters, per the major ethnic groups,in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 13, 2022
Help2020:
the real deal is how did he made his noney?

Have you ask him how he made his poverty, you are a jealous hater and a nobody, go and work for your money wuuuuuu wuuuuuu. Na so so envy and hatred una sabi cry
Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by ba7man(m): 12:41pm On Feb 13, 2022
huptin:

Honestly, you really need to shut up. You talking too much for such an ignorant person

FG reclaim Ahmadu Bello way?? When the same FG witheld the Lagos state allocation??

If you were around me in reality, I'd hurt you.

1 Like

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by Help2020: 12:41pm On Feb 13, 2022
SlyDev:

Have you ask him how he made his poverty, you are a jealous hater and a nobody, go and work for your money wuuuuuu wuuuuuu. Na so so envy and hatred una sabi cry
Mumu,countries that make progress in the word do same by asking how leaders makes their money.. You can't steal poverty but you can steal money.. Ask your god tinubu to tell us where he stole his money from,idiot agbero that you are.
Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 13, 2022
Help2020:

Mumu,countries that make progress in the word do same by asking how leaders makes their money.. You can't steal poverty but you can steal money.. Ask your god tinubu to tell us where he stole his money from,idiot agbero that you are.

If he ever steal money, no be from your region, leave us alone jealousy hater, na so so hatred una sabi

We know Peter Obi no only steal money but steal una sense with it but we don't care because we don't give a fxck about potopoto Republic, leave leave us alone angry

1 Like

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 13, 2022
ba7man:
Honestly, you really need to shut up. You talking too much for such an ignorant person

FG reclaim Ahmadu Bello way?? When the same FG witheld the Lagos state allocation??

If you were around me in reality, I'd hurt you.

Lol. You don't know Igbos bruv. A people so hateful to the extent that lying , dishing out propaganda, spreading fake news and fabricating wild tales, against those they hate, is a culturally encouraged and accepted way of life.

Abeg allow them their initial gra gra and premature ejaculation. They always end up on the losing side last last.

1 Like

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by deltaprincess(f): 12:56pm On Feb 13, 2022
huptin:

I am not a Yoruba person, however I give credit to whom credit is due.

You mentioned:

2. He encouraged touts and agberos.

This show how ignorant and utterly inaccurate your views are.

During the administration of Tinubu, the moribund and dead public Basic primary education in Lagos state were revitalized. The Milenia Schools were built in major public schools in Lagos which advanced the quality of Education in public school in Lagos state.

He also made it mandatory and free for students to do WAEC to all children schooling in Lagos, (first time in Nigeria).

On Agberos, he gave them a means of living by providing job opportunities. These miscreants became employed as levy collectors, rather than becoming kidnappers, armed robbers, bandits or terrorists like in other states were such miscreants were left unchecked.

Love it or hate it. Tinubu was iconic and what he has done in Lagos state surpasses any achievements of his contemporaries by a landslide.

He will be the next president whether you like it or not.

2 Likes

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by ba7man(m): 1:07pm On Feb 13, 2022
Dsalvo:

Lol. You don't know Igbos bruv. A people so hateful to the extent that lying , dishing out propaganda, spreading fake news and fabricating wild tales, against those they hate, is a culturally encouraged and accepted way of life.

Abeg allow them their initial gra gra and premature ejaculation. They always end up on the losing side last last.
Honestly, it's getting close to that point.

Weird thing is they go silent like crickets when i try to get these same reactions out of them through these topics at hangout spots.

I just left Twitter and they're there acting the fool as usual under Nigeria related topics.

That hate they're looking for, they'll surely get it....... not online but in reality.

1 Like

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2022
deltaprincess:

I am not a Yoruba person, however I give credit to whom credit is due.

You mentioned:

2. He encouraged touts and agberos.

This show how ignorant and utterly inaccurate your views are.

During the administration of Tinubu, the moribund and dead public Basic primary education in Lagos state were revitalized. The Milenia Schools were built in major public schools in Lagos which advanced the quality of Education in public school in Lagos state.

He also made it mandatory and free for students to do WAEC to all children schooling in Lagos, (first time in Nigeria).

On Agberos, he gave them a means of living by providing job opportunities. These miscreants became employed as levy collectors, rather than becoming kidnappers, armed robbers, bandits or terrorists like in other states were such miscreants were left unchecked.

Love it or hate it. Tinubu was iconic and what he has done in Lagos state surpasses any achievements of his contemporaries by a landslide.

He will be the next president whether you like it or not.

God bless you ojare. If you live in Lagos then you are precisely the type of objective and upright Lagosian the State needs to reach greater cosmopolitan heights and successes everyone who genuinely loves Lagos can enjoy and be part of.

1 Like

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 13, 2022
ba7man:
Honestly, it's getting close to that point.

Weird thing is they go silent like crickets when i try to get these same reactions out of them through these topics at hangout spots.

I just left Twitter and they're there acting the fool as usual under Nigeria related topics.

That hate they're looking for, they'll surely get it....... not online but in reality.

Bro, watch the video below to understand Igbos. I equate Igbos to the wicked mother who lost her baby and wants another woman's baby killed so they will both be without child and co-tenants in misery and hopelessness.

Igbos, once not in charge, would rather Nigeria burn and be destroyed than see others move forward.

When Jonathan was President they were pro-Nigerian and strutting around like Peacocks. After the ousting of GEJ they all became Biafrans to then be troubling, undermining and fighting Nigeria in ways the Ijaws never did.

They are only being true to type with all the hatred, lies and malevolent curses against Tinubu.

They know the man is capable but Igbos, out of contention for the 2023 Presidency, do not want Nigeria to be trsnsformed for the better under a Yoruba.

They would prefer a resurrected Shekau be made President ahead of Tinubu so Nigeria can continue to drift.

When Igbos can lie so shamelessly about recent history we all lived through then you know the spirit of sabotaging Nigerian and wishing the "Zoo" ill, plus lack of goodwill for their fellow man, is behind all their talk and action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_az3eNb0fI

2 Likes

Re: How Was Lagos During The Leadership Of Tinubu? by Help2020: 1:34pm On Feb 13, 2022
SlyDev:

If he ever steal money, no be from your region, leave us alone jealousy hater, na so so hatred una sabi

We know Peter Obi no only steal money but steal una sense with it but we don't care because we don't give a fxck about potopoto Republic, leave leave us alone angry
See foolish talk,tribalism has consumed your fcking brain,pls don't pass it to ur children OK? Well,he stole from Nigeria that's why in have to worry,and going be your logic I Should worry more because the money came from my region. I'm aware you're so dull to the extent of labeling anyone that's against tinubu an eastern.. I hope you don't realize too late that tribalism is worse than cancer.. Goodluck to you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dogara Part Of Tinubu Entourage To Kaduna. Could This Mean Something? / Water Or Tissue,which Is The Best To Use After Excretion? / Why Tinubu’s Not Doing Live Interviews – Keyamo, Bamigbetan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.