Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,741 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane (61743 Views)

Delta Government Closes Arise And Shine Nursery & Primary School In Asaba / IMSU Lecturers, Esogbuonye Agomuo & Victor Obinna Njoku In Sex Scandal / Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by chrizzyace: 4:04pm On Feb 13, 2022
If that school not burn down to ashes my mind not going rest.... Ahhhhh 1 year old pikin 31 strokes!!!! Wtf could he have done!!!
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by nkenu(m): 4:45pm On Feb 13, 2022
Nigerians are becoming animalistic in their actions daily. I am scared of the future if this country!
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by abbeyty90: 5:11pm On Feb 13, 2022
But wait ohhh,what it is to beat in a body of a 1year 7months old baby?
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by cococandy(f): 5:35pm On Feb 13, 2022
Please shut up. Y’all double mouthed and confused af

A genuine woman should not be striving to bring food to the table but when you meat one who’s ready to let you be the provider while she takes care of the home, you’ll be on nairaland creating xtupid threads about how you new wife is lazy.
We’ve heard enough nonsense to know that many of you don’t mean what you say. You just adopt whatever position at the moment helps you blame the woman.
Again shut up and sit down
shinealight:

The place of modern-day womanhood is really pitiful. Why should they be seeking to compete with men in earthly dominance and contro? Is that what the Creator has ordained.
Why did the Creator make it such that only womanhood can bring forth offsprings?
Look at the physical build of manhood and compare it to the delicate one of genuine womanhood…is the Creator not already telling you something thereby?
Look at the nature and tendencies as well as the ‘manner of working’ of man (aggressive, domineering, forceful, etc,) and compare that with that of genuine womanhood (gentle, accommodating, peace-loving, etc,).
If we think deeply about it, we realise that our vocations are meant to be different as willed by our Creator!
So, a genuine woman should not be striving to compete with a man in terms of bringing food to the table…particularly when she has started bringing children into the world. If she has to engage herself to supplement/support her partner, she should be wise enough to choose vocations that will allow her pay due attention and care to her growing offsprings…..it’s a matter of prioritising things!
There are professions like teaching (which allows maximum holiday periods that they can go into, as well as self-employment which provides the flexibility required to enable them play their role in the lives of those children they agreed to bring into the world.
It they are unwilling to make the necessary sacrifices, they should desist from bringing children into the world that they cannot look after as willed by the Creator. The spiritual price they have to pay can be quite heavy….possibly irredeemable!

3 Likes

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by shinealight(m): 6:01pm On Feb 13, 2022
cococandy:
Please shut up. Y’all double mouthed and confused af

A genuine woman should not be striving to bring food to the table but when you meat one who’s ready to let you be the provider while she takes care of the home, you’ll be on nairaland creating xtupid threads about how you new wife is lazy.
We’ve heard enough nonsense to know that many of you don’t mean what you say. You just adopt whatever position at the moment helps you blame the woman.
Again shut up and sit down

Thanks….I’ve always known that it takes all sorts to make the world. You’ll have noticed that I was always referring to “genuine womanhood” as willed by the Creator.…not caricatures of womanhood that litter our Darkness-pervaded world….particularly in Nigeria. So, not surprised!

1 Like

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by cococandy(f): 6:46pm On Feb 13, 2022
shinealight:

Thanks….I’ve always known that it takes all sorts to make the world. You’ll have noticed that I was always referring to “genuine womanhood” as willed by the Creator.…not caricatures of womanhood that litter our Darkness-pervaded world….particularly in Nigeria. So, not surprised!
literal garbage
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Acidosis(m): 7:32pm On Feb 13, 2022
A one year old child in school? Ah shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Elporo(m): 7:36pm On Feb 13, 2022
Mercychen:
Hm.. this is not ordinary.

How can you flog a toddler 31 strokes and even when you got to ten, you kept on going till you got to 31??...

Dem dey follow the proprietress. It's not with clear eyes she did it.

"Got to ten" angry
I thought you (teacher) had some levels; all of una na the same!
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 13, 2022
Elporo:

"Got to ten" angry
I thought you (teacher) had some levels; all of una na the same!

What do you mean?

I'm trying to say as insane as it is to give a child up to ten strokes, they still continued up to 31.

If you don't understand something, you ask questions for clarity before concluding next time.
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Halo22: 8:46pm On Feb 13, 2022
Yes.... there's corporal punishment for children and infants which is aimed towards correcting them.
cococandy:

Corporal punishment for an infant?
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by thatigboman1: 9:16pm On Feb 13, 2022
1 year and 7 months? What? The baby should have been in a cretch.
I am an advocate of children being at home till they are 6 years. At worst 3 years. My children were at home till they were 3 and I reluctantly put them in school against my will.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Bamzyriches451: 9:16pm On Feb 13, 2022
Damn!!
I hope the teacher that did that has been hanged
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Bnaira77(m): 10:13pm On Feb 13, 2022
This is pure wickedness
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by errigdee: 10:15pm On Feb 13, 2022
tears in my eyes,whosoever that commited this kind of OMEN... I PROCLAIM that you shall be CHILDLESS ... AMEN.
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Omodua(m): 10:27pm On Feb 13, 2022
[quote author=MoneyGoDrop post=110189210][/quote]OK
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by godofuck231: 10:30pm On Feb 13, 2022
There's nothing wrong if the dead child was killed o, no problem, but if the family can't get the teacher, tie her up and flog her to death , I would not be satisfied
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by jimcaddy(m): 10:37pm On Feb 13, 2022
How can you give a one year old 31 strokes of cane if it's not wickedness that is inside of you.. You decided to vent out all your pent up anger and frustration at Nigeria not being good on an innocent young boy Abi. You will rot in jail, no worry.
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by cococandy(f): 2:20am On Feb 14, 2022
Halo22:
Yes.... there's corporal punishment for children and infants which is aimed towards correcting them.
Children as in old enough to understand, I can see that because I experienced it (Don’t necessarily agree depending on what the punishment is).

But infants? That’s absolutely insane.
Insanity!!!

1 Like

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by PhantomProbe(m): 7:20am On Feb 14, 2022
Nwodosis:
We are now beginning to see the reasons why the western world are against the beating of children. A lot of adults/parents are not mentally balanced to discipline a child by beating.

Think about the level of wickedness required to beat an infant to coma/death.
Recent happenings suggest a large percentage of Nigerians are innately wicked. Where we wan start to talk the matter from? Abi na uniform people brutalising unarmed citizens for fun, violent killings for ritual money or whatever, Nigerian HR going out of their way to underpay employees in a bid to 'overperform' even when the employer have provided a better wage budget for the position, or the cruelty of one-chance criminals operating in Lagos, or the street urchins littered everywhere always on the lookout for someone to rob, or the trauma that comes with having a Nigerian as your boss/employer etc. I mean just about every sphere of our society reeks of this deep-seated lack of empathy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by somehow: 11:06am On Feb 14, 2022
1 Yr 7 months in school?

Jesus wept.

Take care of your children before demons outside take care of them in another way.
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by somehow: 11:09am On Feb 14, 2022
micflo28:
Parents are stupid, what is a one year old doing in school? The baby should have started school as a foetus. You expose your vulnerable child to the hatred of teachers after hearing sad tales happening in private schools that early age. A child should resume school at age 3. What is the rush about?

I'm just tired.

Why the rush? I want to believe the baby couldn't even talk while in the said school.
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by somehow: 11:43am On Feb 14, 2022
CHoccolaTE:

First of all, women who work are not competing with their husbands in anything, the economy is hard coupled with the fact that husbands tend to resent wives who contribute nothing financially to the running of the home so the women end up taking up jobs to avoid insults and disrespect from their husbands that see them as leeches.
Even here on nairaland you see guys insulting women who don't have a job and advicimg each other to only marry working women so how can you blame the women for taking up jobs and say it because they want to compete with men?
The average Nigerian male doesn't even want to marry a jobless woman.

As for taking up jobs that are flexible; you are just speaking idealistically. How many of these flexible jobs actually pay well enough to make any impact or any difference in the woman and her children's lives? Is it teaching that the salary is 15k and the teacher spends like 5k on transport alone or petty trading that fetches about 10k monthly?

Many men don't even appreciate their wives that do these petty jobs because the women are barely contributing anything financially so the men think they are the only ones providing.

It's better for males that don't want their wives to neglect his infant kids, to work to double his hustle and possibly get multiple jobs instead of bullying their wives into getting 9-5 jobs that require dumping new born infants in daycare from dawn to dusk.

Working doesn't mean you should not have time for your children, it's all about planning.

There are various ways to make money and still have time for your children.

Using work as an excuse to send a 1yr 7 months to school is sick.

I have a 2yr+ old daughter at home and won't be starting school until she can talk or September.

Enough of this excuses.

Plan your life, if you don't have a job that gives room for child raising, defer child bearing till you can save enough to be around him/her.

In this jet age, working is not limited to 6am to 8pm. You can work from home and still earn more than those queueing at the bustop everyday of the week just to prove they are working.
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by somehow: 11:45am On Feb 14, 2022
jeffrey04:
It’s so sad when you know the family personally. I have carried this baby in my arms sometimes last year.
It’s very sad.

So sad but why the hurry?
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by cococandy(f): 1:31pm On Feb 14, 2022
You will argue from here to Jerusalem to avoid admitting that you men and your “what do you bring to the table” rhetoric contribute largely to why women (who want to) can no longer afford to stay home with their infants.
somehow:

Working doesn't mean you should not have time for your children, it's all about planning.

There are various ways to make money and still have time for your children.

Using work as an excuse to send a 1yr 7 months to school is sick.

I have a 2yr+ old daughter at home and won't be starting school until she can talk or September.

Enough of this excuses.

Plan your life, if you don't have a job that gives room for child raising, defer child bearing till you can save enough to be around him/her.

In this jet age, working is not limited to 6am to 8pm. You can work from home and still earn more than those queueing at the bustop everyday of the week just to prove they are working.

1 Like

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by cococandy(f): 1:35pm On Feb 14, 2022
thatigboman1:
1 year and 7 months? What? The baby should have been in a cretch.
I am an advocate of children being at home till they are 6 years. At worst 3 years. My children were at home till they were 3 and I reluctantly put them in school against my will.

somehow:

I'm just tired.

Why the rush? I want to believe the baby couldn't even talk while in the said school.

I like how all of you are suddenly advocates for small children staying home. If they ask you to do it, you’ll consider it “emasculating”. If your wives opt do it, then they are gold diggers using y’all for money.
Nobody knows what you truly want. Except to pass blame that’s for sure

1 Like

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by somehow: 3:30pm On Feb 14, 2022
cococandy:

I like how all of you are suddenly advocates for small children staying home. If they ask you to do it, you’ll consider it “emasculating”. If your wives opt do it, then they are gold diggers using y’all for money.
Nobody knows what you truly want. Except to pass blame that’s for sure

The problem with people like you is that you think raising children is the sole responsibility of the mothers, so when someone bring up the issue, you quickly make it a "mother vs fathers" talk.

Even at your game, you still would fail because a woman can be a stay at home mother, yet make more than some 9 to 5 working fathers/mothers.

Wake up, it's 21st century, technology has made working easier, so no more excuse for non working stay at home mum or even dads.
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by somehow: 3:33pm On Feb 14, 2022
cococandy:
You will argue from here to Jerusalem to avoid admitting that you men and your “what do you bring to the table” rhetoric contribute largely to why women (who want to) can no longer afford to stay home with their infants.

You're too single minded to think objectively.

Don't people work from home?
Are there no jobs with flexible work time?
Are there no sole businesses that you can do at your own time?

This is for both male and female with young children.

I don't entertain myopic POV though as you have displayed so far.
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by cococandy(f): 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2022
somehow:

The problem with people like you is that you think raising children is the sole responsibility of the mothers, so when someone bring up the issue, you quickly make it a "mother vs fathers" talk.
No I don’t believe that. You must be new here because I’m one of the biggest advocates for gender fluid roles when it comes to marriage because the traditional ways seems not to be working. Obviously if you understood my posts, I have a problem with people who think raising kids and home keeping are for moms only. yet they somehow have a problem with moms who are not bread winners. Calling them lazy and dependent. If that’s not asinine I don’t know what is.

Even at your game, you still would fail because a woman can be a stay at home mother, yet make more than some 9 to 5 working fathers/mothers.

Wake up, it's 21st century, technology has made working easier, so no more excuse for non working stay at home mum or even dads.
Are you being realistic to the Nigerian situation or you’re just saying what sounds good to your ears?
Working from home is still a tasking job. If you expect someone working from home to still have time to babysit and homeschool while working, then you don’t know what it takes. You think they’ll just sit at home and watch their babies and get paid? They don’t have zoom meetings? Conferences, emails, etc to attend to?
Please be realistic. It’s not even as if those jobs are that many in reality

1 Like

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by danthamccoy(m): 4:03pm On Feb 14, 2022
Shetemi12:
May we not be unfortunate. The teacher definitely won't want this. Our teachers in those days do beat us and today, we are disciplined and better with reasoning.
Our teachers of nowadays are mentally over stressed and need to show happiness.

Let's wait for autopsy before anything
It's quite clear that all that beating did not work for you. Better reasoning indeed.
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by somehow: 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2022
cococandy:

No I don’t believe that. You must be new here because I’m one of the biggest advocates for gender fluid roles when it comes to marriage because the traditional ways seems not to be working. Obviously if you understood my posts, I have a problem with people who think raising kids and home keeping are for moms only. yet they somehow have a problem with moms who are not bread winners. Calling them lazy and dependent. If that’s not asinine I don’t know what is.

Are you being realistic to the Nigerian situation or you’re just saying what sounds good to your ears?
Working from home is still a tasking job. If you expect someone working from home to still have time to babysit and homeschool while working, then you don’t know what it takes. You think they’ll just sit at home and watch their babies and get paid? They don’t have zoom meetings? Conferences, emails, etc to attend to?
Please be realistic. It’s not even as if those jobs are that many in reality

I'm not saying what is impossible.
I have children too
I'm male
I have an office at home too
I take care of the children when it's my turn to be home
Wifey does hers when she's off work (work from home)

Money to run the home isn't an issue.
even if I tell my wife to stay home for years, it still won't be an issue.

I am saying reality here, not some fairy tales.

There is nothing difficult with adjusting to jobs/work that won't expose your home to vultures out there and if you can't find one, keep off raising children until you can.
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by cococandy(f): 4:55pm On Feb 14, 2022
I’m glad you think because you did it, then it must be easy for everyone. Because obviously all situations are the same undecided undecided

Me and my husband alternate caring for our children between our jobs too. Yet I’m not here making assumptions and judging other parents because they are not able to do it.

somehow:

I'm not saying what is impossible.
I have children too
I'm male
I have an office at home too
I take care of the children when it's my turn to be home
Wifey does hers when she's off work (work from home)

Money to run the home isn't an issue.
even if I tell my wife to stay home for years, it still won't be an issue.

I am saying reality here, not some fairy tales.

There is nothing difficult with adjusting to jobs/work that won't expose your home to vultures out there and if you can't find one, keep off raising children until you can.

1 Like

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by somehow: 5:32pm On Feb 14, 2022
cococandy:
I’m glad you think because you did it, then it must be easy for everyone. Because obviously all situations are the same undecided undecided

Me and my husband alternate caring for our children between our jobs too. Yet I’m not here making assumptions and judging other parents because they are not able to do it.

Giving excuses is cheap and easy.

I gave different ways this kind of scenario can be nit in the mud hut here you are already tagging my statement as "judging".

Whatever works for you.

There's a reward for every action /inaction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria / JAMB Offices, Phone Number,address And Email In All 36 States Of Nigeria / Teacher Dances With Her Students On Assembly Ground, Netizens Hail Her As Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.