Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,049 members, 7,828,693 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Does God Lead One Into Temptation - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Lead One Into Temptation (1095 Views)

Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / Pray For Your Pastor Not To Fall Into Temptation,sexy Ass In Church / How Can Bible Lead One Away From Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by Kobojunkiee: 6:41pm On Feb 14, 2022
cornelboy:
Go sit down baba.
1 Timothy 4:4
[4]Since everything God created is good, we should not reject any of it but receive it with thanks. Evil came from man.
Well, in a sense, Paul's opinion that everything God created is good (including the Evil that He created) is not far from God's Truth. I mean after all it was all of it, created according to God's specifications - Good and Evil alike. And the fact that God even put a tree of knowledge of both Good and Evil in His garden, long before man showed up on the scene, speaks volumes of this. undecided

So we are back to me asking you exactly where in scripture you get this idea to attribute the creation of evil to man. I mean you could have said Satan created Evil but instead you attribute evil to men and I am curious to understand where this idea of yours comes from. Surely, God's own declarations should hold greater value than the opinions of Paul in this. undecided

Also consider the fact that the knowledge of Good and Evil predates man. So can man be said to be creator of that which came before him? undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by hupernikao: 6:46pm On Feb 14, 2022
canada2022:
Please I need explanation to this part of our father prayer Jesus taught us in the gospel.

"and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil"

Does God lead his own creation into temptation

Dear canada2022

God doesn't and hasn't tempted anyone before and will never do.

James gave us an express statement by the holyghost.

James 5:13
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Observe
1. He said no man should ever say he is tempted of God.
2. God tempts no man

No man will include everyman that has walked om this earth. This includes Adam, Eve, Abraham, David, Jesus, you and I.

Verse 17 showed you what comes from God.
Good and perfect gift.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, from the father of light, in whom there is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

That is what God does.

So how does temptation comes.

James showed us on verse 14 how temptation comes to a man.

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed

Hence temptation are what result from our list and desires. Our desires, especially uncontrolled ones, desperate ones are what get us tempted.

For example, you cannot be tempted with what you don't like. If you aren't a smoker, and hate smoking, no matter how many smokers around you, you can't be tempted with it. But if you like meat, and you are placed to watch a bowl of meat, temptation can arise immediately. It is from our desire.

Sometimes, from desires that comes from immediate and legitimate needs just as Jesus.

So, James told you, temptation comes from what you lust after. This is all you will see all through the scriptures about those who are tempted or committed sins.

Adam and Eve (Lust of the eye)
1John 2:16
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

David same
Jesus same

It was their desires that drawn them to be tempted not any thing external, not God, not the spirit of God.

Now on Matthew 6:13 you quoted.

It simply can be translated as

And cannot lead us into temptation but deliver us.....

The word not there translated from the Greek word me simply connote a negative term. What cannot happen

It was used as God forbid 15times in other places in the Bible.

Also note, if you observe well you will know he was using a contrast.

Temptations lead to doing evil.
God deliver us from evil.

You can't have one person doing the two.

Hence he is speaking about what God does for us in temptation. To deliver us.

Paul expressed that too.

1 Cor 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

God is to make a way always out of those temptation. Usually through his word.

Jesus had this, and used God's word to overcome. His temptation were results of his desires, yet God's word was sufficient to deliver him from this evil.

In conclusion,
God do not lead any man into being tempted, he only delivers man from his lust.

Man has desires, legitimate ones, like Jesus was hungry, but the devil can take advantage of those desires if we aren't careful enough or desperate about this, this will get us into temptation. But we have hope, that God and his words are sufficient to always make away out of such danger to end in praise.

@Myer, Brother of God. I saw your contribution.
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 7:24pm On Feb 14, 2022
James 1:13-15
[13]Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
[14]But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
[15]Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Adam disobeyed God and brought evil, sin and imperfection to us.
If he hadn't sin there wouldn't be any evil in this world today.
Evil came came has a result of his actions.

Kobojunkiee:
Well, in a sense, Paul's opinion that everything God created is good (including the Evil that He created) is not far from God's Truth. I mean after all it was all of it, created according to God's specifications - Good and Evil alike. And the fact that God even put a tree of knowledge of both Good and Evil in His garden, long before man showed up on the scene, speaks volumes of this. undecided

So we are back to me asking you exactly where in scripture you get this idea to attribute the creation of evil to man. I mean you could have said Satan created Evil but instead you attribute evil to men and I am curious to understand where this idea of yours comes from. Surely, God's own declarations should hold greater value than the opinions of Paul in this. undecided

Also consider the fact that the knowledge of Good and Evil predates man. So can man be said to be creator of that which came before him? undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by Kobojunkiee: 7:29pm On Feb 14, 2022
cornelboy:
James 1:13-15
[13]Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
[14]But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
[15]Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Adam disobeyed God and brought evil, sin and imperfection to us.
If he hadn't sin there wouldn't be any evil in this world today.
Evil came came has a result of his actions.
If it is the case that you don't understand what James is there trying to tell you, then say so. Else, try to pay attention to the discussion at hand......

1. Again....Well, in a sense, Paul's opinion that everything God created is good (including the Evil that He created) is not far from God's Truth. I mean after all it was all of it, created according to God's specifications - Good and Evil alike. And the fact that God even put a tree of knowledge of both Good and Evil in His garden, long before man showed up on the scene, speaks volumes of this. undecided

2. So we are back to me asking you exactly where in scripture you get this idea to attribute the creation of evil to man. I mean you could have said Satan created Evil but instead you attribute evil to men and I am curious to understand where this idea of yours comes from. Surely, God's own declarations should hold greater value than the opinions of Paul in this. undecided

3. Also consider the fact that the knowledge of Good and Evil predates man. So can man be said to be creator of that which came before him? undecided

If Evil came into being after Adam sinned... so what about your other theory of a devil(evil being) tempting Adam before this sin? undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 7:32pm On Feb 14, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
If it is the case that you don't understand what James is there trying to tell you, then say so. Else, try to pay attention to the discussion at hand......

1. Again....Well, in a sense, Paul's opinion that everything God created is good (including the Evil that He created) is not far from God's Truth. I mean after all it was all of it, created according to God's specifications - Good and Evil alike. And the fact that God even put a tree of knowledge of both Good and Evil in His garden, long before man showed up on the scene, speaks volumes of this. undecided

2. So we are back to me asking you exactly where in scripture you get this idea to attribute the creation of evil to man. I mean you could have said Satan created Evil but instead you attribute evil to men and I am curious to understand where this idea of yours comes from. Surely, God's own declarations should hold greater value than the opinions of Paul in this. undecided

3. Also consider the fact that the knowledge of Good and Evil predates man. So can man be said to be creator of that which came before him? undecided

If Evil came into being after Adam sinned... so what about your other theory of a devil(evil being) tempting Adam before this sin? undecided

Shalom Kobojunkie cheesy
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by Kobojunkiee: 7:33pm On Feb 14, 2022
cornelboy:
Shalom Kobojunkie cheesy
You need to stop attempting to inject lies you have been previously fed into scripture abeg... it gets hard keeping up with your many postulates abeg. undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by kingxsamz(m): 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

This is you shooting the ball out of the stadium (Out of Point). The issue is "and lead us not into temptation" and not "ordering adults to slaughter ..."

The rightfulness of the all knowingness of God is already irrebutably proven by the billions of people who are already living and surviving all the harmful substances eg oceans, snakes, drunkenness, over eating, excess sex, excess play, excess work etc

So as I said earlier billions of people have passed the exams but pikin wey dey always fail exam na im dey always complain say "I no like exam. The exam no pure". cheesy

I'm not going to read any of this, I'm sorry.
I already made my point and was done with the argument yesterday. Goodnight.
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by kingxsamz(m): 8:57pm On Feb 14, 2022
cornelboy:
You clearly don't understand the Bible.
You don't know how God dealt with His chosen people smiley
Who were the audience of prophet Isaiah then?
Who did God bring bad times to?

Omo, that's your headache o.
You asked where your god claimed to Create evil, and I showed you. Argue with your bible. Thanks.
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by Myer(m): 10:02pm On Feb 14, 2022
hupernikao:

Dear canada2022

God doesn't and hasn't tempted anyone before and will never do.

James gave us an express statement by the holyghost.

James 5:13
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Observe
1. He said no man should ever say he is tempted of God.
2. God tempts no man

No man will include everyman that has walked om this earth. This includes Adam, Eve, Abraham, David, Jesus, you and I.

Verse 17 showed you what comes from God.
Good and perfect gift.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, from the father of light, in whom there is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

That is what God does.

So how does temptation comes.

James showed us on verse 14 how temptation comes to a man.

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed

Hence temptation are what result from our list and desires. Our desires, especially uncontrolled ones, desperate ones are what get us tempted.

For example, you cannot be tempted with what you don't like. If you aren't a smoker, and hate smoking, no matter how many smokers around you, you can't be tempted with it. But if you like meat, and you are placed to watch a bowl of meat, temptation can arise immediately. It is from our desire.

Sometimes, from desires that comes from immediate and legitimate needs just as Jesus.

So, James told you, temptation comes from what you lust after. This is all you will see all through the scriptures about those who are tempted or committed sins.

Adam and Eve (Lust of the eye)
1John 2:16
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

David same
Jesus same

It was their desires that drawn them to be tempted not any thing external, not God, not the spirit of God.

Now on Matthew 6:13 you quoted.

It simply can be translated as

And cannot lead us into temptation but deliver us.....

The word not there translated from the Greek word me simply connote a negative term. What cannot happen

It was used as God forbid 15times in other places in the Bible.

Also note, if you observe well you will know he was using a contrast.

Temptations lead to doing evil.
God deliver us from evil.

You can't have one person doing the two.

Hence he is speaking about what God does for us in temptation. To deliver us.

Paul expressed that too.

1 Cor 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

God is to make a way always out of those temptation. Usually through his word.

Jesus had this, and used God's word to overcome. His temptation were results of his desires, yet God's word was sufficient to deliver him from this evil.

In conclusion,
God do not lead any man into being tempted, he only delivers man from his lust.

Man has desires, legitimate ones, like Jesus was hungry, but the devil can take advantage of those desires if we aren't careful enough or desperate about this, this will get us into temptation. But we have hope, that God and his words are sufficient to always make away out of such danger to end in praise.

@Myer, Brother of God. I saw your contribution.

Well said.
On this we agree.

The intention of temptation is often to cause one to err and commit sin.
Hence that is the job of Satan, not God.
It's satan who uses our desires to tempt us.

But I'd like you to explain the case of Job.
His story details how God specifically sent Satan to tempt and torture him beyond every measure and faculty except take his life.

Won't you agree that God led him to be tempted?
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 10:03pm On Feb 14, 2022
Na your own headache o.
I de try make i give you paracetamol but you no wan take grin

kingxsamz:

Omo, that's your headache o.
You asked where your god claimed to Create evil, and I showed you. Argue with your bible. Thanks.
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 10:06pm On Feb 14, 2022
It's alright smiley

Kobojunkiee:
You need to stop attempting to inject lies you have been previously fed into scripture abeg... it gets hard keeping up with your many postulates abeg. undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by Dtruthspeaker: 10:11pm On Feb 14, 2022
kingxsamz:

I'm not going to read any of this, I'm sorry.
I already made my point and was done with the argument yesterday. Goodnight.

And my counter yesterday still stands.
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by Kobojunkie: 11:20pm On Feb 14, 2022
cornelboy:
It's alright smiley
No, it is never alright because by doing that you instead spew lies pretending you do so in God's Name. undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 4:04am On Feb 15, 2022
It's well smiley

Kobojunkie:
No, it is never alright because by doing that you instead spew lies pretending you do so in God's Name. undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:36am On Feb 15, 2022
cornelboy:

How about you make your brain intact first?
God of the bible didn't create evil. Men did.

Perhaps this would have been of help:

God created everything and when He looked at His WORKS it was PERFECT! Genesis 1:31

So who CREATED evil on the planet God made PERFECT?
Well the answer lies in that verse:

“Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness" Genesis 1:26
Surely all other creatures don't have the idea of creating anything so they've remained the way God created them, but humans with the ability to create (like God) are the ones responsible for evil.

When God said He created all it doesn't imply that He purposely created evil rather He is assuring His servants who may feel threatened by the evil men can do that they shouldn't be scared because there's no evil that's beyond His power to undo.
Let's take the case of Babylonian King Nebuchadnezzar and the three Hebrews for a study.
This King thought FIRE is destructive and since he doesn't know the CREATOR of fire and heat he feels he could use it to threaten everyone, but to the greatest of his shock three Hebrew youths felt no threat at the sight of his furnace. Nebuchadnezzar even tried to instill more fear in their hearts by telling his officers to make the heat more intense.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, just imagine you're present that very day as Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah (Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego) are being carried and thrown into the fire, everyone could see that the heat alone killed those carrying them but what did the CREATOR of FIRE do?
Well He turned the heat to Air-conditioner so that Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah were walking freely inside the fire!
Then King Nebuchadnezzar was forced to bow before the worshipers of the CREATOR of heat and Cold! Daniel 3:1-30

Lesson learned!
JEHOVAH is the one to be feared because no evil can come from anywhere that's beyond His control! Psalms 23:4
He is the grand Creator who knows everything that constitute good and evil therefore He could say to his faithful and loyal servants:

I am the CREATOR of all things, be it the good or evil you can see so have no fear because i am with you! Isaiah 44:8

Good morning my brother! smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rapture Dreams And Vision. Jesus is Coming Now. / The Trinity Explained / Is "Islam Means Peace" An Irony? Picture Prove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.