Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,102 members, 7,828,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Does God Lead One Into Temptation - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Lead One Into Temptation (1097 Views)

Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / Pray For Your Pastor Not To Fall Into Temptation,sexy Ass In Church / How Can Bible Lead One Away From Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 11:55pm On Feb 13, 2022
Maybe you should save me the stress by pointing out the verses that say GOD created evil.

kingxsamz:

Your bible says otherwise, lol.
Maybe you should read it once in a while.
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by Kobojunkiee: 11:59pm On Feb 13, 2022
cornelboy:
1. Satan was created by God as a good Angel but he chose to turn bad.

2. God didn't create evil, men did. That's why God regretted that he created man.

3. God's law are there to guide us against harming or doing evil to others.
1. Where did you get the story in bold from abeg? undecided

2. Where in scripture are you told that man created evil? undecided

Also, you do understand that if man created evil then by implication that means God is not then the creator of ALL things? undecided

And if God is not the creator of ALL things, then He is just one of many creators(man being one of them according to you) and so He cannot hold the title of God of ALL creations nor of God over ALL. undecided

3. God never said that is what His Law is meant for, this since there are also curses and punishments included within His Law to ensure those who transgress His Law are duly punished. undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by kingxsamz(m): 12:03am On Feb 14, 2022
cornelboy:
Maybe you should save me the stress by pointing out the verses that say GOD created evil.

Isaiah 45:7. "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things."
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 1:40am On Feb 14, 2022
You don't know about Satan's rebellion and how Michael and his angels defeated him and his angels right?

I should ask you, where you get your ideas from?
Did God create the smartphone your using?
Did got create the internet?
Did God create robots?

God initial purpose for earth was for peace to reign, eternal life etc.. but man fell, then sin and evil came to the world.

Kobojunkiee:
1. Where did you get the story in bold from abeg? undecided

2. Where in scripture are you told that man created evil? undecided

Also, you do understand that if man created evil then by implication that means God is not then the creator of ALL things? undecided

And if God is not the creator of ALL things, then He is just one of many creators(man being one of them according to you) and so He cannot hold the title of God of ALL creations nor of God over ALL. undecided

3. God never said that is what His Law is meant for, this since there are also curses and punishments included within His Law to ensure those who transgress His Law are duly punished. undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 1:41am On Feb 14, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
God is the creator of All things..... good and evil alike. Even Satan was created by God. Man is not a creator. undecided

Satan was created for what? He was created to be the devil?
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by Kobojunkiee: 1:57am On Feb 14, 2022
cornelboy:
1. You don't know about Satan's rebellion and how Michael and his angels defeated him and his angels right?

2. I should ask you, where you get your ideas from?
Did God create the smartphone your using?
Did got create the internet?
Did God create robots?

3. God initial purpose for earth was for peace to reign, eternal life etc.. but man fell, then sin and evil came to the world.
1. Where did you get this story of yours from is what I asked you. undecided

2. Man invented those things and manufactured them, not from thin air, but using already created raw materials. A farmer does not claim He created the crops on His farm because you planted seeds. undecided

So back to my question, where in scripture are you told that man created evil? undecided

3. I didn't ask you what you assume God's initial purpose for the earth was, so please try to pay attention. God never said that is what His Law is meant for, this since there are also curses and punishments included within His Law to ensure those who transgress His Law are duly punished. Even the law given by God to Adam included punishment for transgression which we are all familiar since we are all of us born into the curse that resulted from Adam's transgression, revealing God's Law from the beginning included a check for evil. undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by Kobojunkiee: 1:59am On Feb 14, 2022
cornelboy:
Satan was created for what? He was created to be the devil?
You continue to assume at at some point in his existence, Satan morphed from his original programming and my question to you remains where do you this idea or storyline from? undecided

1 Like

Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 2:09am On Feb 14, 2022
Isaiah 45:7 NLT
[7]I create the light and make the darkness.
I send good times and bad times.
    I, the lord, am the one who does these things.

If you read the Torah well, you would understand that God punished the Israelites whenever they go astray so that they could turn back to Him.

They easily forget God and He would send bad times to them to correct them. It could be in form of famine or other nations raiding their land or outbreak of disease....

But generally when it comes to doing evil, man is the source of evil not God.

I heard a news about a 14 years boy behead his girlfriend for money ritual and do you blame God for that?

God gave us commandments about loving others. If everyone obeys God today, i think the evils we'll be dealing with are death, sickness and all that.

Mind you, a time is coming where the world will be in abundance of peace. No death, suffering, sickness struggling, famine, pain, any form of evil...

kingxsamz:

Isaiah 45:7. "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things."
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 2:12am On Feb 14, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
You continue to assume at at some point in his existence, Satan morphed from his original programming and my question to you remains where do you this idea or storyline from? undecided
Where did yours come from?
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by Kobojunkiee: 2:18am On Feb 14, 2022
cornelboy:
Where did yours come from?
But that was your claim... not mine.
cornelboy:
Satan was created by God as a good Angel but he chose to turn bad.
So I am asking to know the source of your claim. undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 2:19am On Feb 14, 2022
Oh man invented those things but man didn't invent evil right?
When Cain killed Abel, it was God that invented it huh?
When David took Uriah's wife and killed him in battlefront, God invented it right?

When God told Adam not to eat out of the treethat he will die if he did but he eventually disobeyed God and he died, God invented it right?

You've forgot about man's free will to choose from good and bad?

Kobojunkiee:
1. Where did you get this story of yours from is what I asked you. undecided

2. Man invented those things and manufactured them, not from thin air, but using already created raw materials. A farmer does not claim He created the crops on His farm because you planted seeds. undecided

So back to my question, where in scripture are you told that man created evil? undecided

3. I didn't ask you what you assume God's initial purpose for the earth was, so please try to pay attention. God never said that is what His Law is meant for, this since there are also curses and punishments included within His Law to ensure those who transgress His Law are duly punished. Even the law given by God to Adam included punishment for transgression which we are all familiar since we are all of us born into the curse that resulted from Adam's transgression, revealing God's Law from the beginning included a check for evil. undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 2:20am On Feb 14, 2022
The bible bro

Kobojunkiee:
But that was your claim... not mine. So I am asking to know the source of your claim. undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by Kobojunkiee: 2:38am On Feb 14, 2022
cornelboy:
The bible bro
Where in your Bible is this story of yours from? undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by Kobojunkiee: 2:49am On Feb 14, 2022
cornelboy:
1a. Oh man invented those things but man didn't invent evil right?
1b. When Cain killed Abel, it was God that invented it huh?
1c. When David took Uriah's wife and killed him in battlefront, God invented it right?

2. When God told Adam not to eat out of the treethat he will die if he did but he eventually disobeyed God and he died, God invented it right?

3. You've forgot about man's free will to choose from good and bad?
1a. Where is it written that evil was invented, or even created by man abeg? Why not answer to the claims you yourself made?. undecided

1b. Where do you read that Cain "invented" murder? undecided
1c. Where do you read that David "invented" such killings? undecided

2. Are you insinuating that even though Adam was given a choice between Good (obedience) and Evil (disobedience), that by choosing disobedience Adam "invented" Evil? undecided

3. I didn't forget this at all. I am still waiting on you to show where exactly you read in scripture that man "invented" or even "created" evil. This since Evil is that which is against God's direct commandments to man. undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 9:12am On Feb 14, 2022
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Kobojunkiee:
1a. Where is it written that evil was invented, or even created by man abeg? Why not answer to the claims you yourself made?. undecided

2. Are you insinuating that even though Adam was given a choice between Good (obedience) and Evil (disobedience), that by choosing disobedience Adam "invented" Evil? undecided

3. I didn't forget this at all. I am still waiting on you to show where exactly you read in scripture that man "invented" or even "created" evil. This since Evil is that which is against God's direct commandments to man. undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 9:13am On Feb 14, 2022
No human or angel was programmed, we all have freewill and reasoning

Kobojunkiee:
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by kingxsamz(m): 10:18am On Feb 14, 2022
cornelboy:
Isaiah 45:7 NLT
[7]I create the light and make the darkness.
I send good times and bad times.
    I, the lord, am the one who does these things.

If you read the Torah well, you would understand that God punished the Israelites whenever they go astray so that they could turn back to Him.

They easily forget God and He would send bad times to them to correct them. It could be in form of famine or other nations raiding their land or outbreak of disease....

But generally when it comes to doing evil, man is the source of evil not God.

I heard a news about a 14 years boy behead his girlfriend for money ritual and do you blame God for that?

God gave us commandments about loving others. If everyone obeys God today, i think the evils we'll be dealing with are death, sickness and all that.

Mind you, a time is coming where the world will be in abundance of peace. No death, suffering, sickness struggling, famine, pain, any form of evil...

This one na long story.
I already showed you the verse.
It says he creates evil, right there.

1 Like

Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by Kobojunkiee: 3:16pm On Feb 14, 2022
cornelboy:
No human or angel was programmed, we all have freewill and reasoning
Really? Where did you read all of this from? undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by Kobojunkiee: 3:17pm On Feb 14, 2022
cornelboy:
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
What?
Here again are the questions I asked you? undecided

Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 4:03pm On Feb 14, 2022
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Kobojunkiee:
What?

Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2022
smiley smiley smiley smiley

Kobojunkiee:
Really? Where did you read all of this from? undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by Kobojunkiee: 4:24pm On Feb 14, 2022
cornelboy:
smiley smiley smiley smiley
Please try to read what is written in that book without injecting your outside delusions in so you can better understand what is written out for you to understand. undecided

According to scripture, God is the one and only creator of ALL things - good and evil - and He created it all by His power. His Law given to man includes blessings and curses, to reward those who do good and punish those who do Evil. Both Good and Evil are well within His Jurisdiction and controlled by Him, the one who created ALL things. That is the general narrate from both biblical and extra biblical scripture to date. undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 5:01pm On Feb 14, 2022
You clearly don't understand the Bible.
You don't know how God dealt with His chosen people smiley
Who were the audience of prophet Isaiah then?
Who did God bring bad times to?

kingxsamz:

This one na long story.
I already showed you the verse.
It says he creates evil, right there.

1 Like

Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by Kobojunkiee: 5:06pm On Feb 14, 2022
cornelboy:
You clearly don't understand the Bible.
You don't know how God dealt with His chosen people smiley
Who were the audience of prophet Isaiah then?
Who did God bring bad times to?
Please stop! undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 5:11pm On Feb 14, 2022
Genesis 6:5
[5]The lord observed the extent of human wickedness on the earth, and he saw that everything they thought or imagined was consistently and totally evil.

Kobojunkiee:
What?

Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by Kobojunkiee: 5:26pm On Feb 14, 2022
cornelboy:

Genesis 6:5
[5]The lord observed the extent of human wickedness on the earth, and he saw that everything they thought or imagined was consistently and totally evil.
So is this the verse from where you get your idea that men "invented" or even "created" evil? undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by Dtruthspeaker: 5:59pm On Feb 14, 2022
kingxsamz:

And the wickedness of ordering adults to slaughter children and babies specifically. cheesy
So there you go.

This is you shooting the ball out of the stadium (Out of Point). The issue is "and lead us not into temptation" and not "ordering adults to slaughter ..."

kingxsamz:

The foolishness of deliberately leaving harmful substances to test/tempt ignorant or inexperienced folks, even though you're omniscient.

The rightfulness of the all knowingness of God is already irrebutably proven by the billions of people who are already living and surviving all the harmful substances eg oceans, snakes, drunkenness, over eating, excess sex, excess play, excess work etc

So as I said earlier billions of people have passed the exams but pikin wey dey always fail exam na im dey always complain say "I no like exam. The exam no pure". cheesy
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 6:14pm On Feb 14, 2022
Did God put the evil in their mind?

Kobojunkiee:
So is this the verse from where you get your idea that men "invented" or even "created" evil? undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by Kobojunkiee: 6:16pm On Feb 14, 2022
cornelboy:
Did God put the evil in their mind?
Does God need to put Evil in the minds of anyone to begin with? undecided

Look at Adam! All God did was give him a choice between good and evil. Did God need to put evil in Adam's mind to cause Adam to chose evil? undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 6:24pm On Feb 14, 2022
How did evil come to the world?

God didn't give him option between good and evil, he only told him not to eat of the tree.
It was the devil and man disobedience that brought evil to the earth!

Kobojunkiee:
Does God need to put Evil in the minds of anyone to begin with? undecided

Look at Adam! All God did was give him a choice between good and evil. Did God need to put evil in Adam's mind to cause Adam to chose evil? undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by Kobojunkiee: 6:31pm On Feb 14, 2022
cornelboy:
1. How did evil come to the world?

2. God didn't give him option between good and evil, he only told him not to eat of the tree.
It was the devil and man disobedience that brought evil to the earth!
1. The same way good came into the world. undecided

2. Really?
16 The Lord God gave him this command: “You may eat from any tree in the garden.
17 But you must not eat from the tree that gives knowledge about good and evil. If you eat fruit from that tree, on that day you will certainly die!” - Genesis 2 vs 16 vs 17
Doesn't that read as though an if .....else ....conditional, options? undecided

Earlier you had mentioned something about "freewill" , so are you trying to tell us that instead God tried to force Adam to doing His Will then? undecided
Re: Does God Lead One Into Temptation by cornelboy(f): 6:35pm On Feb 14, 2022
Go sit down baba.
1 Timothy 4:4
[4]Since everything God created is good, we should not reject any of it but receive it with thanks.

Evil came from man.
Kobojunkiee:
1. The same way good came into the world. undecided

2. Really?
Doesn't that read as though an if .....else ....conditional, options? undecided

Earlier you had mentioned something about "freewill" , so are you trying to tell us that instead God tried to force Adam to doing His Will then? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Testimony I Heard In Church Yesterday / Checkout The Largest Church Structure In The World. The Ark. Photos And Video / Another Reason I Will Leave Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.