Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) (23923 Views)

99% Of Human Beings Are Going To Hell - Mummy G.O (Video) / Mummy G.O Fabrics Now On Sale / Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by jaszplus12(m): 9:59pm On Feb 13, 2022
Righteousness2:
I do not know the point Evang. Fummi is driving at, what I know is;
Speaking in tongues is not what you learn or imitate.
Speaking in tongues is not what u Carnally or Physically do.
Speaking in tongues is not rapping .

Speaking in tongues starts as a result of the HOLYGHOST Power and Unction descending on a human.

Speaking in tongues is Communicating with the throne of the ANCIENT of Days in a Higher level language.

You must understand that the HOLYGHOST does not Dwell were sin is . It is a Spiritual thing. The HOLYGHOST comes in a Saved, Sanctified Heart that is Dead to Sin and Hungry for Holiness.

Trying to just speak in tongues Carnally is a Fruitless exercise.
Sir, kindly review your Bible example of "speaking in tongues" again and see clearly that your definition is NOT CORRECT! Why not simply respect what the bible says only!

3 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Ochelyko1: 9:59pm On Feb 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
You Christians and Religious folks should never be taken serious cos y'all are bunch of confused persons..
One is saying something..their book is saying another..their pastor is saying another..
Keep deceiving gullible ones... undecided
The division is just too much.. should they follow their God..or this clueless pastoress or their so called pastor..
Look how they are dragging their faith like it's some kinda comedy show.. undecided

Is so hypocritical with you guys Muslim. You guys are full of hypocrite. Leave Christianity alone! There is nothing that is happening now in Christain Dom that is not written in the Bible. So follow the teaching of ur Qur'an and leave the Christain Dom alone. Even your Qur'an u can't follow the teaches inside.

Those who knows the scripture knows what it said. And the Bible must be made manifest in our daily lives I don't need to tell u scriptures dat states all that is happening including you muslims.

Incase you don't know the denomination Churches is not the Church of Christ but rather of man. The true church of Christ don't speak anything that is against the word of God
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:01pm On Feb 13, 2022
Ochelyko1:

Is so hypocritical with you guys Muslim. You guys are full of hypocrite. Leave Christianity alone! There is nothing that is happening now in Christain Dom that is not written in the Bible. So follow the teaching of ur Qur'an and leave the Christain Dom alone. Even your Qur'an u can't follow the teaches inside.

Those who knows the scripture knows what it said. And the Bible must be made manifest in our daily lives I don't need to tell u scriptures dat states all that is happening including you muslims.

Incase you don't know the denomination Churches is not the Church of Christ but rather of man. The true church of Christ don't speak anything that is against the word of God
Sssh..tell that thing you wrote up there to the Dumbos who believe in imaginary creatures and fictional books..

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by chaloskyx: 10:06pm On Feb 13, 2022
for you to call this fraud a woman of God you are even more crazy than she is between you and her id choose they lock you up in a mental institution
post=110201941:

You are calling a woman of God with divine anointing a mad woman.

Later in life, y'all will be asking questions of where things went wrong.
Better Pray to God for forgiveness.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by cornelboy(f): 10:08pm On Feb 13, 2022
Nobody knows what the language in heaven is.

Speaking in tongues is miraculously speaking in a language you never learned and knew.

The JWs are not confused folks smiley

FERNANDEZISBACK:
You Christians and Religious folks should never be taken serious cos y'all are bunch of confused persons..
One is saying something..their book is saying another..their pastor is saying another..
The division is just too much.. should they follow their God..or this clueless pastoress or their so called pastor..
Look how they are dragging their faith like it's some kinda comedy show.. undecided
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:09pm On Feb 13, 2022
cornelboy:
Nobody knows what the language in heaven is.

Speaking in tongues is miraculously speaking in a language you never learned and knew.

The JWs are not confused folks smiley

You wish..
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Ochelyko1: 10:09pm On Feb 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Sssh..tell that thing you wrote up there to the Dumbos who believe in imaginary creatures and fictional books..

See the Bible or rather the book killeth but the spirit giveth life, so the word of God which is the Bible that you see or the book that you see can't give you life, but the word inside if allow the Holy Spirit to teach you that's when it will become life to you.

I have the spirit of Christ and of God inside of me and what ever I read in the book the Holy Spirit help me to understand it. The reasons why most of you read and don't understand is bcus you don't have the Spirit to guide you into all truth as you read the word.

My experience as a believer in Christ Jesus I can boldly tell anybody or any man that in Jesus you have peace, Joy, Love, happiness, forgiveness, righteousness etc. But in the world you have tribulations, persecution, hatred etc.

Jesus Christ remain the truth, the way and the Life. Jesus knows the way to the Father which no other religion can boost of! Mohammed said he doesn't knows the way. Buddhist don't know the way, Islam don't know the way, atheist don't know the way, traditionalist don't know the way. Jesus is the only way to the Father, the Almighty God and the Creator of the whole universe.

Am saved in Christ Jesus hallelujah!
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by cornelboy(f): 10:09pm On Feb 13, 2022
That guy no get religion na atheist in disguise grin

Ochelyko1:

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Spaldino(m): 10:10pm On Feb 13, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
I wanted to be sure what she meant before I commented, and having done so I believe she had a valid point.

When tongues were first spoken in the church on the day of Pentecost, it was a language all men present there could understand, despite that those speaking it were not of the same dialect with them, and may not even understand what they were saying themselves. Acts 2

It's not rocket science but because it wasn't them but the Holy Spirit speaking, so He could speak in a language all men could understand, because He understands man and could connect them more than anyone else, being the One they all have in common, and the Breath of life God breathed into man to make man a living soul.

So speaking in tongues is the language of the Spirit of God but not necessarily a heavenly language which men cannot understand as many of the church have been misled to think.

God bless.

God bless you for this.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by solajacobs(m): 10:11pm On Feb 13, 2022
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:12pm On Feb 13, 2022
Ochelyko1:

See the Bible or rather the book killeth but the spirit giveth life, so the word of God which is the Bible that you see or the book that you see can't give you life, but the word inside if allow the Holy Spirit to teach you that's when it will become life to you.

I have the spirit of Christ and of God inside of me and what ever I read in the book the Holy Spirit help me to understand it. The reasons why most of you read and don't understand is bcus you don't have the Spirit to guide you into all truth as you read the word.

My experience as a believer in Christ Jesus I can boldly tell anybody or any man that in Jesus you have peace, Joy, Love, happiness, forgiveness, righteousness etc. But in the world you have tribulations, persecution, hatred etc.

Jesus Christ remain the truth, the way and the Life. Jesus knows the way to the Father which no other religion can boost of! Mohammed said he doesn't knows the way. Buddhist don't know the way, Islam don't know the way, atheist don't know the way, traditionalist don't know the way. Jesus is the only way to the Father, the Almighty God and the Creator of the whole universe.

Am saved in Christ Jesus hallelujah!
Tell that to your fellow gullible ones who can't think for themself..
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Unlimited4G: 10:13pm On Feb 13, 2022
Niece:
A Nigerian controversial evangelist, Funmilayo Adebayo commonly known as Mummy G.O has opined that speaking in tongues is not a heavenly language.

Funmilayo Adebayo who is the founder of Rapture Proclaimer Evangelical Church of God made this known during one of her church services.
Funmilayo Adebayo who stated that speaking in tongues is not a heavenly language gave an instance and said that speaking in tongues is like a Yoruba man speaking an Igbo language.

, she said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeM_dbQnwsc

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ6YOoXIqFs/
Tongues is an heavenly language, it's a way of communing with God and there are lots of people who has the gift of interpretating Tongue.
e be like say this Mummy GO just encountered the Holy Ghost na why she de jump up and down like this. But for those that just encountered the Holy Ghost try and calm down let Him lead and guide you, don't try to outsmart the Holy Ghost simply because some secrets have been revealed to you,try your best to calm down taking it step by step 'cause it's a progressive encounter and don't forget to pray and engage in intense worship with Him.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by WATCHOVER(m): 10:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
[quote author=Bluntemperor post=110202151][/quote]
Unfortunately a Nairalander Bluntemperor lack wisdom by allowing sentiment override his emotions.
Bluntemperor Speaking in tongues is like speaking different languages it is earthly don't allow those religious books deceive you

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Ochelyko1: 10:20pm On Feb 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Tell that to your fellow gullible ones who can't think for themself..

One can only be gullible when he or she knows the truth but decide to live in lies. I know the truth and I choose to live in the truth.

Incase you are atheist I will advice u browse and check of how atheist like you discovered that God is real, Jesus is real, and there is hell fire and heaven. Man didn't fall from the sky! Someone made man! And that's God Almighty. Those who claim that there is no God, cant tell about their existence which make them cowards or wayward person.

The creature of man was stated in the Bible which no scientist can explain or denied.

Science can't state how men came to being but we can and why? Because the Bible tell us so.

You can remain an atheist but one day you will remember this word of mine. So repent and be born again our Lord is a merciful God and He doesn't discriminate or rejects who so ever that comes to him for salvation.

So repent and believe in the one true God. Bcus is out a fool that will look up into the heaven and say there is no God. Good night!
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Lovenorth: 10:25pm On Feb 13, 2022
Righteousness2:

Speaking in tongues starts as a result of the HOLYGHOST Power and Unction descending on a human.

Speaking in tongues is Communicating with the throne of the ANCIENT of Days in a Higher level language.

You must understand that the HOLYGHOST does not Dwell were sin is . It is a Spiritual thing. The HOLYGHOST comes in a Saved, Sanctified Heart that is Dead to Sin and Hungry for Holiness.

Confused response

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Ekundayo7574(m): 10:25pm On Feb 13, 2022
fatymore:
Wahala. If you don't have a val for tomorrow.dm me cheesy

Na joke ooo
i dont angry
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Lovenorth: 10:27pm On Feb 13, 2022
Goldbw122:
cheesy cheesy this woman will soon write her own bible very soon, that is what I have seen.
Provide scriptural quotations that what she said was wrong

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Ochelyko1: 10:29pm On Feb 13, 2022
I agreed totally with Bro righteousness. I hope u are a son of God? Bcus calling you brother simply means we have the same Father.

Now in line with what you said my brother speaking in tongue is one of a sign that a man has recieved the Divine Spirit of God, because the Holy Spirit gave that man the ability to speak in languages of men. Tongues of men. But as the Bible said through Bro Paul when ever we speak in tongue is our Spirit communicating with the FATHER in the highest. And also as a means to edify our spirit man.

So speaking in tongues was never a heavenly language so I don't see why these woman is bringing that up! No one is contesting it or there is no place in the entire Bible where it is written that speaking in tongue is an heavenly language. So don't bring what the Bible has not taught.

In conclusion no man can learn speaking in tongues and no man can teach anyone to speak you can only speak when the Holy Spirit comes upon you.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by mokinde(m): 10:30pm On Feb 13, 2022

1. Speaking in tongues or other languages
2. Interpretation of tongues
3. Diverse tongues or multiple languages

Genesis/Begining
Acts 2:6-17 KJV
Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. [7] And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? [8] And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? [9] Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, [10] Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, [11] Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God. [12] And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this? [13] Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine. [14] But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: [15] For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. [16] But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; [17] And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Classification
1 Corinthians 12:10 KJV
To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

Profit /Beneficiaries
1 Corinthians 14:5-6 KJV
I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying. [6] Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?

Importance
1 Corinthians 14:22 KJV
Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

How it should work
1 Corinthians 14:4-5 KJV
He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. [5] I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

Apostle Paul example
1 Corinthians 14:18 KJV
I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:

Conclusion
Tongues help the speaker and not the hearer
Give confusion to spirit of darkness but attention to spirit of light

Disclaimer
1 Corinthians 13:1 KJV
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

There is tongues of Angels according to the Bible

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Lovenorth: 10:30pm On Feb 13, 2022
enthronedbyGod1:
The Bible is our guide , not mummy GO. Every Christian should endeavour to study scriptures for his/herself. Every true preacher of the gospel should be able to back their sermons up with the Bible.
The scriptures is clear on this matter so we'd look at what the scriptures say about tongues.
1 Corinthians 12: 10c - To another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1 Corinthians 13:1a - Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels.
From these scriptures we can see there are diverse kinds of tongues. The scriptures clearly states that there are tongues of angels and that of men.
When people speak in tongues they either speak with the tongues of angels or with tongues of men( tongues not familiar to them).
This is why we have another gift called gift of interpretation of tongues, if there was nothing as tongues of angels there'd be no need to interpret it supernaturally. Anyone who tells you that there is nothing like heavenly tongues ( tongues of angels) is either ignorant or intentionally trying to mislead people.
I have spoken and still speak with the tongue of angels as the Spirit leads and have interpreted sometimes through the gift of interpretation by God's special grace.
Don't let anyone deceive you. We have heavenly tongues ( tongues of angels)

Study to show yourself approved unto God an unashamed workman that rightly divides truth of God's words.
Tell us where Jesus asked you to speak in tongue or shut up!

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by CaptainFM1: 10:43pm On Feb 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You must understand that African are beginning to wake up. We are gradually realising that the greatest deceit done to us is to make us feel that our traditional deities are less superior.

Imagine if we market our Ogun, Sango, Amadioha and others to the world? I can bet you that Oyinbo man will write scriptures like Bible and Qurans for them too.

Africans wake up!

I love this woman because some of her preaching are straight and direct to the point. I will like to attend her church next Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by TWoods(m): 10:46pm On Feb 13, 2022
Righteousness2:

This can't be true sir. The first time speaking in tongues appears in the bible is Acts 2:4-12. The bible records that the apostles were not communicating with Heaven, but were speaking the native languages of at least 16 different peoples represented that day. The tongues were not meant to be a magical speaking to heaven, but a way to evangelize the lost in their own language.

Apostle Paul clarifies more in 1 Corinthians 14... see the sections in red...

6But now, brethren, if I come to you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you unless I speak to you either by revelation, by knowledge, by prophesying, or by teaching? 7Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played? 8For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare for battle? 9So likewise you, unless you utter by the tongue words easy to understand, how will it be known what is spoken? For you will be speaking into the air. 10There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without [b]significance. 11Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a [c]foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me. 12Even so you, since you are [d]zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the [e]edification of the church that you seek to excel.

13Therefore let him who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret. 14For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15What is the conclusion then?

I don't think anyone is in doubt as to what apostle Paul was saying here. Unless your speaking in tongues is interpretable by people on earth here, it is no better than making useless sounds on a harp.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by VanuatuWycombe: 10:47pm On Feb 13, 2022
IbileIfe:
The Mama GO does not know what she is talking about on Speaking in Tongues.

Read
What does the Bible say about speaking in tongues?

Later Paul also writes about the gift of speaking in tongues, in 1 Corinthians 12 and 14. However, here he writes that the person speaking in tongues doesn’t speak in an understandable language: “no one understands him; however in his spirit he speaks mysteries.” 1 Corinthians 14:2. Yet this gift that has been given to believers can be of benefit to the recipients and used to edify others in Christian gatherings.

https://activechristianity.org/what-does-the-bible-say-about-speaking-in-tongues

1 Corinthians 14
King James Version

1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

5 I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

6 Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?

7 And even things without life giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped or harped?

8 For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?

9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.

10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification.

11 Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me.

12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.

13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.

14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

16 Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?

17 For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified.

18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:

19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.

22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

23 If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?

24 But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:

25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.

28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

30 If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.

31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?

37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

Paul? That did not even see (meet) Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by VanuatuWycombe: 10:51pm On Feb 13, 2022
Lovenorth:

Tell us where Jesus asked you to speak in tongue or shut up!

They are being scammed. I don tell my family all this long ago.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by VanuatuWycombe: 10:55pm On Feb 13, 2022
Rexymania:
Why is this woman trying to take Mummy Adeboye's title of 'Mummy G.O'. the only mummy G.O I know is the wife of the general oversea of the redeemed Christian Church of God
Is General Overseer a Bible title or just English wording? You too can be G.O, once you are overseeing everything under your watch. Stop giving these people unnecessary ranks.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Rexymania(m): 10:57pm On Feb 13, 2022
Well you're right but people love hiding under someone else's shadow

VanuatuWycombe:

Is General Overseer a Bible title or just English wording? You too can be G.O, once you are overseeing everything under your watch. Stop giving these people unnecessary ranks.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by VanuatuWycombe: 10:58pm On Feb 13, 2022
It’s all gibberish what the pastors are speaking as tongues. They too can’t understand or interpret it.

It’s just to put the gullible people in fear so that they would see their pastors as higher and more pious person. Trust me, it’s all lies.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by TWoods(m): 10:59pm On Feb 13, 2022
enthronedbyGod1:
The Bible is our guide , not mummy GO. Every Christian should endeavour to study scriptures for his/herself. Every true preacher of the gospel should be able to back their sermons up with the Bible.
The scriptures is clear on this matter so we'd look at what the scriptures say about tongues.
1 Corinthians 12: 10c - To another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1 Corinthians 13:1a - Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels.
From these scriptures we can see there are diverse kinds of tongues. The scriptures clearly states that there are tongues of angels and that of men.
When people speak in tongues they either speak with the tongues of angels or with tongues of men( tongues not familiar to them).
This is why we have another gift called gift of interpretation of tongues, if there was nothing as tongues of angels there'd be no need to interpret it supernaturally. Anyone who tells you that there is nothing like heavenly tongues ( tongues of angels) is either ignorant or intentionally trying to mislead people.
I have spoken and still speak with the tongue of angels as the Spirit leads and have interpreted sometimes through the gift of interpretation by God's special grace.

Don't let anyone deceive you. We have heavenly tongues ( tongues of angels)

Study to show yourself approved unto God an unashamed workman that rightly divides truth of God's words.

What you said here is a false interpretation of 1 Corinthians 12 and 13.

First we look at 1 Corinthians 12:10 - To another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

I don't think we need to overthink this, clearly, Paul was saying while some may have the gift of tongues, there MUST be others who are able to interpret those tongues. I Corinthians 14:7-9 makes that point. Verse 12 of 1 Corinthians 12 is also instructive. Here Paul is saying that we are all of one body and we are all given spiritual gifts to the edification of that body. Just like every organ in the body serves that body, so is each person given a spiritual gift... not to use it as a means of showing how spiritual you are, but in service to the body of Christ. If your tongues are not interpretable to anyone, how is that gift edifying the body? Saying tongues is a spiritual language of heaven is like saying the fingers only write a heavenly language that is unintelligible to the rest of us here.

1 Corinthians 13:1 is Paul trying to use hyperbole to make a point. His point was even if he became an angel today and spoke like them, without charity, he was nothing but an empty barrel. It was his way of helping his followers see how absolutely important charity was to the life of the Christian. The bible mentions angels speaking to people several times in the bible. For each example, the angels spoke clearly in the language understood by those people. They did not speak in a different language that required extra interpretation.

I'm also intrigued by your choice of words here - I have spoken and still speak with the tongue of angels as the Spirit leads and have interpreted sometimes through the gift of interpretation by God's special grace.

Hmmm no, 1 Corinthians 14 is clear - your tongues are either interpretable by others are not. There is nothing like "interpreted sometimes".

We should be careful not to burden Christians with unnecessary doctrines of men that do nothing but lead them astray. For too long, many have sat in church pews, thinking they couldn't be saved or Christian enough because they were not able to babble incoherently like the "holy" brothers and sisters.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Ilaje1: 11:00pm On Feb 13, 2022
Heterodox:
White garment churches are spiritual churches run by access to spiritual dimensions.

What you call tongues are not actually tongues. It's a case of a one soul translating the language of the timeline the channeler is in to the native language of the listeners.

What we call tongues are actually forgotten languages of the past lost to times.

Which inner and forgotten language? No dey deceive yourself. Some C&S speak Arabic, the rest of C&S speak their local language eg Yoruba or whatever that's obtainable while Cele speaks Yoruba or whatever local lang in that locality. That being said Funmi is right here. Bible said people spoke in different languages that people understood. Unlike the Naija Christians that speak gibberish.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by VanuatuWycombe: 11:05pm On Feb 13, 2022
nhupik:
This mummy GO should be sternly cautioned, I'm not sure she attended a bible School before venturing into the ministry.

What are people being taught in Bible school abi make we face reality? People are being fed with religious conspiracies and ….

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by adeolamighty: 11:06pm On Feb 13, 2022
tommy589:
Mummy G.O,but some white garment member when in trance speak in tongue and some understand to interpret. If you listen very well they speak a mixture of Arabic, french and other languages not easy to decpher
Didinrin. Jato. Arabic ko Arabian ni. Sha pra pra na Arabic?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do You Know That Jesus Christ Was Born In October And Not December? / Wiseman Daniel Starts His Own Ministry Independently Of TB Joshua / "Prophet Jacob Turns Water Into Petrol In Church In South Africa"- Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.