Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) (23924 Views)

99% Of Human Beings Are Going To Hell - Mummy G.O (Video) / Mummy G.O Fabrics Now On Sale / Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Bigheart042(m): 6:48am On Feb 14, 2022
Oga!...
I too don't even know the point u are driving at..
What MUMMY G O is saying is plain Truth..
People have taken most of her words too common..
But on this issue right here she is very correct..

Righteousness2:
I do not know the point Evang. Fummi is driving at, what I know is;
Speaking in tongues is not what you learn or imitate.
Speaking in tongues is not what u Carnally or Physically do.
Speaking in tongues is not rapping .

Speaking in tongues starts as a result of the HOLYGHOST Power and Unction descending on a human.

Speaking in tongues is Communicating with the throne of the ANCIENT of Days in a Higher level language.

You must understand that the HOLYGHOST does not Dwell were sin is . It is a Spiritual thing. The HOLYGHOST comes in a Saved, Sanctified Heart that is Dead to Sin and Hungry for Holiness.

Trying to just speak in tongues Carnally is a Fruitless exercise.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Goldbw122(m): 6:48am On Feb 14, 2022
otipoju:

Kindly provide a counter argument to her claim.
What is speaking in tounges. Support with bible passages

Lovenorth:

Provide scriptural quotations that what she said was wrong

I just said that she will soon create her bible I know. That valentine is not in the scripture abeg make you na nor fire me okkkk.. people just create that day to have fun like a lovers holiday... Make I ready make I go work make people nor say I don join them for the Valentine... Na wa
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by wizonlyson: 7:06am On Feb 14, 2022
tongue
post=110201941]

You are calling a woman of God with divine anointing a mad woman.

Later in life, y'all will be asking questions of where things went wrong.
Better Pray to God for forgiveness.[/quote] tongue[quote author=
:

You are calling a woman of God with divine anointing a mad woman.

Later in life, y'all will be asking questions of where things went wrong.
Better Pray to God for forgiveness.
who that one help...shmmm..
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Ashinze: 7:08am On Feb 14, 2022
Speaking in tongues is heavenly language but the ones nigeria pastors are speaking are Odumitete language. I believe you can only speak in tongues when you have Holy spirit on you, how many of this our nigeria pastors have holy spirit, Non.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by jimmynauty: 7:19am On Feb 14, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
You Christians and Religious folks should never be taken serious cos y'all are bunch of confused persons..
One is saying something..their book is saying another..their pastor is saying another..
Keep deceiving gullible ones... undecided
The division is just too much.. should they follow their God..or this clueless pastoress or their so called pastor..
Look how they are dragging their faith like it's some kinda comedy show.. undecided

Another grunting of the ape cousin not caged.
#evolutiondarwin
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by otipoju(m): 7:19am On Feb 14, 2022
Rhips:

My direct response to you is:
1. If you want me to quote Bible verses, we will be here all day long, but these are all in the Holy Bible.
2. They are all gifted by the Holy Spirit.
3. Your first description is Tongue unto Unbelievers - actual languages spoken to unbelievers in the course of evangelism or preaching. The remainder are tongues unto God, spoken in fellowship and communion with the Holy Spirit, not in a general assembly (no one, even the speaker understands it. Only God does) and finally Tongue unto believers to edify and must be interpreted.
To give you greater context, there are 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit grouped into 3:
1. Vocal Gift - tongues, interpretation of tongues and prophecy. Tongues are further split into 3 as a I mentioned above
2. Power Gift- Faith, Healing, and Miracle/Signs/Wonders
3. Revelation Gift. Word of knowledge, word of wisdom, and discerning of spirits.
These gifts are given by the Holy Spirit to believers because Jesus died and rose again.
There are indeed other gifts given by the Holy Ghost for ministry (Ministry Gifts) for those in active ministry
There also gifts given by the Holy Spirit to everyone at birth whether you are a believer or not.
God bless.

Your classifications are not accurate.And the bible makes no such classification of spiritual gifts. Prophesy is the chief of all revelation is not any vocal gift which may be the ability to sing Soeaking in tounges was and is for a purpose. ..it is a sign attesting to the power of God for non believers. You must quote bible verses to support your claims if not what you are doing is eisigesis and not exegesis.

Do you know what prophecy is? Do you have any real experience with a Prophet of God. To say that it is a vocal gift. Something that is an office on its own as s means of revealing hidden information known to God to men.

Tounges mean language. A language is has structure.
Alphabets, words, phrases , and full sentences that have meaning to its speakers.

Tell me how kre bobo yakra magra skreta greklo sjerete skra baba repeated in no logical order makes meaning to anyone not to talk of being interpreted by anyone.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:20am On Feb 14, 2022
jimmynauty:

Another grunting of the ape cousin not caged.
#evolutiondarwin
Boy shhh..
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by jimmynauty: 7:25am On Feb 14, 2022
LordIsaac:
It is true....if you go by what happened in Acts. Most of these pentecostal pastors are just been delusional. How can you be leading prayers in tongues which no one else can understand and interpret? That's gibberish if you asked me.

Yes it sounds gibberish and stuupid to your mind... But kasaba labatan iskus dunamus iskus
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by jimmynauty: 7:30am On Feb 14, 2022
joyandfaith:
She is right. Speaking in tongues is ability to speak in various languages or tongues spontaneously under influence of holy spirit.

Part of the truth, the other is dunbasi ikilu tiruya samsadas kuzaki jokotra
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by jimmynauty: 7:32am On Feb 14, 2022
redsun:
Speaking in tongue is a logical moment of madness. And it goes to show that almost all the ardent followers of organised religion are clinically insane.

Grunts from an ape cousin... Zooevolution
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by jimmynauty: 7:35am On Feb 14, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
I wanted to be sure what she meant before I commented, and having done so I believe she had a valid point.

When tongues were first spoken in the church on the day of Pentecost, it was a language all men present there could understand, despite that those speaking it were not of the same dialect with them, and may not even understand what they were saying themselves. Acts 2

It's not rocket science but because it wasn't them but the Holy Spirit speaking, so He could speak in a language all men could understand, because He understands man and could connect them more than anyone else, being the One they all have in common, and the Breath of life God breathed into man to make man a living soul.

So speaking in tongues is the language of the Spirit of God but not necessarily a heavenly language which men cannot understand as many of the church have been misled to think.

God bless.

Partial truth.

Reread acts you would see
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by powerblaze(m): 7:35am On Feb 14, 2022
Righteousness2:

Speaking in tongues starts as a result of the HOLYGHOST Power and Unction descending on a human.

Speaking in tongues is Communicating with the throne of the ANCIENT of Days in a Higher level language.

You must understand that the HOLYGHOST does not Dwell were sin is . It is a Spiritual thing. The HOLYGHOST comes in a Saved, Sanctified Heart that is Dead to Sin and Hungry for Holiness.

Beautifully well said

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by jimmynauty: 7:37am On Feb 14, 2022
MaverickA3:
If you agree or disagree with her, let me ask you this, "have you been to heaven to know the language they speak?"

Where did the Spirit come from?
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by FarmWay(m): 7:40am On Feb 14, 2022
Righteousness2:

Can you proof it with where how Jesus spoke in tongue in the Bible
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by jimmynauty: 7:42am On Feb 14, 2022
phemmyfour:
She's is a joke

1 Cor 13:1
1If I speak in the tongues a of men or of angels

1Cor 14:2

2For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit

Wooow happy you quoted this on the first page... Halisaba tayanakasa vitoposa
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by mapet: 7:44am On Feb 14, 2022
I do not totally agree with Mummy GO, neither do I think you are all too correct either. I don't like scriptures lifted in or out of context.... See my reactions in blue....

phemmyfour:
She's is a joke

1If I speak in the tongues a of men or of angels - ...the use of the term "tongues of Angels" here is hyperbole, is more like a heighted comparison to make a point, just like saying "rained cats and dogs, or like saying I'm so happy you can ride a horse in my belly ". The real focus of this verse almost lost here is the part you did not put i.e. "..but have not love...." This verse is simply telling us that at the greatest height of speaking in tongues, without love, it is a useless venture

2For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit
It is the same wrong-context I see here as well. In this passage Paul practically relegated speaking in tongues on the order of importance of Spiritual gifts and usefulness to the Church. He was actually telling them here that Prophesy is more important and useful to the Church as a collective than speaking in tongues which is only edifying to the individual. Speaking in tongues becomes useful to the larger congregation if it is interpreted. I quoted here verses 1-5
Earnestly pursue love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy. 2For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men, but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries in the Spirit. 3. But he who prophesies speaks to men for their edification, encouragement, and comfort. The one who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but the one who prophesies edifies the church. I wish that all of you could speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. He who prophesies is greater than one who speaks in tongues, unless he interprets so that the church may be edified.………

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Ochelyko1: 7:45am On Feb 14, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

How does my existence even prove that your God exist?
And before anything..before I can accept anything..if you think we were created by an imaginary creature then who created him? undecided

You existence is proven that God exist, because you didn't create yourself! The air you are breathing you do not know how it came into existence.

No one created the Almighty God and that's why no one can point or say that it was so so and so that created God. Everything you see whether both spirit and human beings, whether animals and birds they were created by God.

He is the only God that was not created. Even science can't fathom the existence of God. No does but I have heard of people trying to figure out who created God but end up having serious headache, bcus our human Brain can't think Behond is capacity.

Our God is the everlasting God and no one can comprehend is existence.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:48am On Feb 14, 2022
Ochelyko1:

You existence is proven that God exist, because you didn't create yourself! The air you are breathing you do not know how it came into existence.

No one created the Almighty God and that's why no one can point or say that it was so so and so that created God. Everything you see whether both spirit and human beings, whether animals and birds they were created by God.

He is the only God that was not created. Even science can't fathom the existence of God. No does but I have heard of people trying to figure out who created God but end up having serious headache, bcus our human Brain can't think Behond is capacity.

Our God is the everlasting God and no one can comprehend is existence.
If no one created your God then same should be said to us..
If your God does exist then who created him?

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by phemmyfour: 8:21am On Feb 14, 2022
mapet:
I do not totally agree with Mummy GO, neither do I think you are all too correct either. I don't like scriptures lifted in or out of context.... See my reactions in blue....

Fine , Paul relegated speaking in tongues in chapter 14, but that's not the bone of contention. Paul made it known that you can speak in language not understand by all

In Chap 13, he mentioned tongues of men and that of angel. Is tongue of men also an hyperbole?

Last Bullet: For anyone who speaks in tongues speak unto God.....they utter mysteries by the Spirit "Mysteries by the spirit is not a language of man" . Hence this validated tongues of angel
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by emmyileri(m): 9:07am On Feb 14, 2022
Righteousness2:

The primary purpose of speaking in tongues is for evangelism not talking to God...it's to help believers preach the word in languages that is not their native tongue .MEDITATE ON ACT 2

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Ochelyko1: 9:13am On Feb 14, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

If no one created your God then same should be said to us..
If your God does exist then who created him?

Bro you are so funny to compare man with God. I know who gave birth to you your mother. I know who formed you in ur mother womb God. I know who God used to bring you into this world that's your Father. But who bring God into existence? no oneW! gave birth to God? No one! Who is the mother or Father of God? No body! That's to tell you the kind of God I serve. I serve a living God whose origin can't be trace or tied to anyone else. Men have origin even Satan and his demons have origin but God doesn't have origin but rather He himself is the origin of His own self!

If only you can comprehend what am talking about! You will see the total Awesomeness of God. His Power and Glory is beyond our human comprehension.

Let me ask you a question. The air you are breathing whence did it comes from?

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Lovenorth: 9:28am On Feb 14, 2022
justt:
Mark 16:17
And these signs will follow those who believe: In my name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues

Where Jesus ask you to speak in tongue and the specific tongue clearly stated? Is there any language you speak without your tongue? Why are you deceiving yourselves?
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by ELDERCE(m): 10:18am On Feb 14, 2022
Mummy G is just having her own time in the sun, just wait for awhile her time will come to an end. She is just confused, I bet you she is not speaking for God nor the Christianity.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Rhips: 12:27pm On Feb 14, 2022
otipoju:

Your classifications are not accurate.And the bible makes no such classification of spiritual gifts. Prophesy is the chief of all revelation is not any vocal gift which may be the ability to sing Soeaking in tounges was and is for a purpose. ..it is a sign attesting to the power of God for non believers. You must quote bible verses to support your claims if not what you are doing is eisigesis and not exegesis.

Do you know what prophecy is? Do you have any real experience with a Prophet of God. To say that it is a vocal gift. Something that is an office on its own as s means of revealing hidden information known to God to men.

Tounges mean language. A language is has structure.
Alphabets, words, phrases , and full sentences that have meaning to its speakers.

Tell me how kre bobo yakra magra skreta greklo sjerete skra baba repeated in no logical order makes meaning to anyone not to talk of being interpreted by anyone.

These groupings are for ease of understanding.
Whether sang in songs or spoken in words, prophecy as you mentioned is a vocal gift. Other vocal gifts are Tongues (split further into 3 ) and interpretation of Tongues which is much like gift of prophecy but is a mere interpretation of Tongues to edify and build up fellow Christians.
So many Christians are confused about these things but with the help of the Holy Spirit, diligent study of and listening to teachings, things are made clearer. And once they are clearer, confusions and the turmoil associated with confusions will give way to peace.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Horus(m): 1:28pm On Feb 14, 2022
Speaking in tongues is demonic possession
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by otipoju(m): 2:20pm On Feb 14, 2022
Rhips:

These groupings are for ease of understanding.
Whether sang in songs or spoken in words, prophecy as you mentioned is a vocal gift. Other vocal gifts are Tongues (split further into 3 ) and interpretation of Tongues which is much like gift of prophecy but is a mere interpretation of Tongues to edify and build up fellow Christians.
So many Christians are confused about these things but with the help of the Holy Spirit, diligent study of and listening to teachings, things are made clearer. And once they are clearer, confusions and the turmoil associated with confusions will give way to peace.

These are classification that one man thought about. No where in the bible is such classification made.
Its someone's erroneous opinion. Prophecy is not a vocal gift.

Stop saying nonsense. Its like saying talking is a gift and walking is a gift or eating is a spiritual gift. These are natural traits of humans.

Prophesy is the revelation of hidden things from God to man. The prophet sees or hears and then relays what he or she saw. The spiritual gift itself is the ability to receive revelations or access the spiritual realms to access information not know to the five senses.

Events of the past, present and future become accessible to the prophet. That is the gift.

The verbal narrating of what the prophet is seeing or hearing or saw or heard is not the gift.

Stop regurgitating what someone wrote somewhere and take time to read and meditate yourself on scriptures and pray to God to teach you spiritual things
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by vislabraye(m): 2:24pm On Feb 14, 2022
That is one aspect.

Speaking in tongues is also mystery no one understands. You may call it Heavenly language or whatever.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by mapet: 2:54pm On Feb 14, 2022
phemmyfour:
Fine , Paul relegated speaking in tongues in chapter 14, but that's not the bone of contention. Paul made it known that you can speak in language not understand by all (1)

In Chap 13, he mentioned tongues of men and that of angel. Is tongue of men also an hyperbole? (2)

Last Bullet: For anyone who speaks in tongues speak unto God.....they utter mysteries by the Spirit "Mysteries by the spirit is not a language of man" . Hence this validated tongues of angel
(3)

I noted/numbered some points in your write-up, and see my reaction below

1. Each time Paul talked about speaking in tongues here, he draws attention to the fact that if it is not interpreted it is unprofitable to anybody including to the individual speaking it either to himself or to the Church. So Paul made it known that you can speak in language not understood by all you say, but he put in it clear perspectives
a. Paul did say that when you pray in tongues, while your spirit is edified...it is not profitable to your understanding
1 Corinthians 14:14For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful.…
I do not believe Paul validated speaking in tongues that will be useless to the Church...
18I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you. 19But in the church, I would rather speak five coherent words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue.…
... My take is that you can be Spirit-Gifted with tongues, but it is less of a profit to you (your understanding) as an individual if your tongues cannot be interpreted, not to talk of to the Church.

2. The connection of tongues of men and that of Angels is an hyperbole. It simply depicts a 2 extremities of understanding of Languages. It does not literarily mean there is "Tongues of Angels"

3. Mysteries by the Spirit; you're just cutting things in part and driving out of context. verse2 that you lifted part of in Isolation connects tightly to next 3 verses- Yes speaks onto God....but it is useless to the persons understanding neither is it any useful to the Church.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by phemmyfour: 3:06pm On Feb 14, 2022
mapet:
(3)

I noted/numbered some points in your write-up, and see my reaction below

1. Each time Paul talked about speaking in tongues here, he draws attention to the fact that if it is not interpreted it is unprofitable to anybody including to the individual speaking it either to himself or to the Church. So Paul made it known that you can speak in language not understood by all you say, but he put in it clear perspectives
a. Paul did say that when you pray in tongues, while your spirit is edified...it is not profitable to your understanding I do not believe Paul validated speaking in tongues that will be useless to the Church... ... My take is that you can be Spirit-Gifted with tongues, but it is less of a profit to you (your understanding) as an individual if your tongues cannot be interpreted, not to talk of to the Church.

2. The connection of tongues of men and that of Angels is an hyperbole. It simply depicts a 2 extremities of understanding of Languages. It does not literarily mean there is "Tongues of Angels"

3. Mysteries by the Spirit; you're just cutting things in part and driving out of context. verse2 that you lifted part of in Isolation connects tightly to next 3 verses- Yes speaks onto God....but it is useless to the persons understanding neither is it any useful to the Church.
You are shifting away from the focus. The debate isn't about the tongue that benefits Church, it's about the validation of existence of HEAVENLY TONGUES.

Paul said Speaking in tongues Edifies Self not Church unless it's interpreted. In other words I can speak in tongues to EDIFIES my spirit (Build myself).

To Edify the Church, I must speak in language that can be INTERPRETED.

Speaking in mysteries is NOT for THE CHURCH, Its for my own SPIRIT EDIFICATION. MYSTERIES ain't native language of any tribe

1Cor 14:4
Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves

There is no harm in SELF EDIFICATION
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:03pm On Feb 14, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Cos I am blunt as your moniker says. cheesy

Yes, that is actually why I like you.

Hopefully, we don't ever have to fight cheesy

Anyways, I will make sure about that.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by mapet: 6:31pm On Feb 14, 2022
phemmyfour:
You are shifting away from the focus. The debate isn't about the tongue that benefits Church, it's about the validation of existence of HEAVENLY TONGUES.

Paul said Speaking in tongues Edifies Self not Church unless it's interpreted. In other words I can speak in tongues to EDIFIES my spirit (Build myself).

To Edify the Church, I must speak in language that can be INTERPRETED.

Speaking in mysteries is NOT for THE CHURCH, Its for my own SPIRIT EDIFICATION. MYSTERIES ain't native language of any tribe

1Cor 14:4
Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves

There is no harm in SELF EDIFICATION

There is no harm in self edification, right... but even at that Paul said your spirt prays, bit your mind is unfruitful 1Cor 14:14.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by k2money(m): 8:20pm On Feb 14, 2022
phemmyfour:
She's is a joke

1If I speak in the tongues a of men or of angels

Oga read it through to the end.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do You Know That Jesus Christ Was Born In October And Not December? / Wiseman Daniel Starts His Own Ministry Independently Of TB Joshua / "Prophet Jacob Turns Water Into Petrol In Church In South Africa"- Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.