Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests (34116 Views)

Again, Lai Mohammed Berates CNN Over Lekki Toll Gate Shootings / Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian / A Nigerian, Orioye Owolebi Dares Donald Trump On Twitter Over Iran Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by WoundedLamb: 5:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
I see his point here.

It's important to note that the protesters are not designated as a terrorist group though. Also, as valid as his point might be, it doesn't justify shooting at civilians.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by leo22(m): 5:22pm On Feb 13, 2022
The difference is that you shot at peaceful protesters at the toll gate!
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by MICHEALADEX(m): 5:24pm On Feb 13, 2022
FILEBE:
Once again . Inferiority complex. We choose some foreign activities to justify our actions. While we are fighting for security, good governance , ending of police brutality the Govt wouldn't see examples to make from the develop nation .

Lai Mohammed. Understand that even the circumstances at which these two protests were stagged are different. Oh!! Have we forgotten Black Lives Mattter movement? Lai should have made an example from that..

Choco deh your head.

So who deserves to name terrorist? Truckers of endsars?
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:26pm On Feb 13, 2022
Maxymilliano:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=307481021412959&id=100064531906658
Oga lie, leave story for storytellers.
Where is Twitter office in Nigeria
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by ModestGal(f): 5:28pm On Feb 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Thanks for your contribution..hope you are doing great over there? cheesy
Yeah,I wish I could go to the protest, but no one to follow me
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by ModestGal(f): 5:29pm On Feb 13, 2022
Kwestionair:

But at least no one has been arrested or brutalized /killed by their military even though they called them terrorist which is something not obtainable in China or Nigeria.

Trust me if it were in Nigeria they called them terrorists they would have sent the useless military men to open fire on them.
No one called them terrorist though
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by FILEBE(m): 5:32pm On Feb 13, 2022
MICHEALADEX:

Choco deh your head.

So who deserves to name terrorist? Truckers of endsars?

Endsars were asking to end police brutality and ask for good governance. Where was lai Muhammad when they were protesters where protected ? Was was he when the BLM was taking place.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by IJEYdiamond(f): 5:36pm On Feb 13, 2022
Sometimes is better to be quiet.. than being stupid... defending killings to blood free protests..

How dare u comparing sheding innocent blood to blood free...

Shamelessly..... No fucking room for comparism

Just shut up.... Dont think u r fuckin free Old dude!!

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Blitzerz: 5:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
helpee:
Unlike you that narrowly think with your anus, i supported the endsars protest at first till they started burning police stations, looting shops etc. There is a difference between paralysing economy which is subjective to wanton destruction of lives and properties. Let the protesters in Canada burn down police station and see wether they won't use them for target practice
Which police station was burnt at toll gate?
Oloodo?
Besides, the last black lives matter riots had many properties burnt.
Nobody was killed despite that.

Continue supporting animals.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by helpee(m): 5:47pm On Feb 13, 2022
Blitzerz:

Which police station was burnt at toll gate?
Oloodo?
Besides, the last black lives matter riots had many properties burnt.
Nobody was killed despite that.

Continue supporting animals.
I will assume you are joking now otherwise you will be dumber than I thought. On the day you are talking about at the toll gate, three police stations were burnt to ashes in Lagos making the governor to declare a curfew. Is the tollgate not part of Lagos or what is this guy saying. BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!! Can't you see the irony here. Black lives matter came into being because the police were killing people extra judicially in the first place. The black lives matter came into being because of extra judicial killings and of course, people died in the protest. Mainly by other protesters and a few by police
ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY AMERICAN POLICE ARE PROFESSIONALS BY NOT KILLING DURING BLACK LIVES MATTER PROTEST ?.... There won't be black lives matter in the first instance if they weren't killing unprofessionally

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by HilcomTech(m): 5:54pm On Feb 13, 2022
kponkedenge:
Lai Mohammed should shut up. The protesters have been left alone to protest for days, if not weeks, without interruption, but they've started taking things too far by disrupting normal Canadians going about their business, interruption of the supply chain of goods and services within Canada and also across the border.

It is also pertinent to note that these protesters are not the majority of truck drivers who didn't join the protests.

Also they have started getting funding from far right groups in the US, making it all the more to look political and not a genuine protest.

Not like Nigerian protest that within that same day police or soldiers would start shooting at you for nothing.

Ndi mkporu miri cannibals like this one are beyond logical thinking
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by madridsta007(m): 5:56pm On Feb 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Now he has a point..let me see who's sensible enough to counter and prove his Statement baseless..
The countdown starts now..

I feel he has to watch to see how it ends. If the Canadian Governments ends up massacring the protesters like the Nigerian Regime of Buhari and Lai Mohammed did to the hundreds of End.SARS protestors, he has a point.
I feel we should wait small.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by phkka1(m): 6:04pm On Feb 13, 2022
No protest so that you will have time to continue with your looting of FGN treasuery.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by LegalWolf: 6:04pm On Feb 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Now he has a point..let me see who's sensible enough to counter and prove his Statement baseless..

He has a point, no doubt. But in the two instances he cited, did the army shoot at innocent protesters? Did the police kill people? Has the PM denied that that sent troops out? The parallels being drawn does not cut it at all.

See, we all know that there’s an element of violence in many protests. Is the first line of a response to open fire?

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by GreenCovering: 6:27pm On Feb 13, 2022
Buhari for third term, for real!
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by infogeneral: 6:48pm On Feb 13, 2022
When it happens over there, it is Ok. When it happens here, it is a violation of human rights. #hypocrisy
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by DMerciful(m): 6:50pm On Feb 13, 2022
The destruction that happened with the endsars originated from govt sponsored hoodlums that were sent to counter the hitherto peaceful protest. There are credible evidence when govt vehicles were seen dropping thugs.
FERNANDEZISBACK:

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Mayeldah(m): 7:03pm On Feb 13, 2022
Never heard that Canada sent soldiers to kill protesting truckers.

lie Mohammed cover your heard in shame. The man who sent the soldiers is already pissing on his trousers all over disgracing himself. he won't be President!
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Misterone: 7:14pm On Feb 13, 2022
kponkedenge:
Lai Mohammed should shut up. The protesters have been left alone to protest for days, if not weeks, without interruption, but they've started taking things too far by disrupting normal Canadians going about their business, interruption of the supply chain of goods and services within Canada and also across the border.

It is also pertinent to note that these protesters are not the majority of truck drivers who didn't join the protests.

Also they have started getting funding from far right groups in the US, making it all the more to look political and not a genuine protest.

Not like Nigerian protest that within that same day police or soldiers would start shooting at you for nothing.

see who's talking! so dem no block lekki tollgate? dem no dey pass tollgate go anywhere? double standard.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Basher8583: 7:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Don't shift the goal post. Lai never cited any example of french police brutalising people and my post was drawn based on his gibberish submission which he put together, trying to score a cheap point. FYI, I've been to France severally and haven't heard any case of police harassment. I've never been harassed on the streets of Paris myself by any police.

It's laughable the way you guys think at times. I only pray that some of you thinking this way make a headway so you'd know the difference between riches and poverty. I wish dangote , otedola etc grew up during police brutality era. Dangote first squatted with his uncle maitama at my aunt's house at ijesha in lagos as a young boy who just came from Kano back in the days for business opportunities in lagos. My aunt always tells this story each time we visit her. She's a very old lady now. Dangote at that time was a comfortable young man who was driving classy cars but very humble. He was never harassed .

My humble self had always been lucky with jobs in my life, when I say jobs, I mean lucrative jobs. There was a time I bought an SUV and drove around awolowo way in Ikeja, this officer stopped me, started harassing me. He said I was too young to own that vehicle. After a while, I pulled over and threatened that I'd call my lawyer when he refused to let me go despite providing more than enough proofs of ownership. Eventually, his colleagues waded in and allowed me go.

My cousin who was still an undergraduate in Ibadan back in the days used to work for Google as a consultant, part time He was in charge of campus GIS mapping across the country. This guy was paid handsomely. He was very intelligent and on shell scholarship, a young boy who had nothing much to do with money, bought a lexus car, though fairly used but very clean. He was always driving to school each time. He had no girlfriend sef. Police had harassed him on a couple of occasions. They've put him in detention for no just cause. They tagged him all manners of name. He had to sell that car for a jalopy before began to enjoy peace.

His friend who was a petroleum engineer got hired by a leading oil and gas engineering firm at VI. They were actually 3 in number. The 3rd one later travelled for his msc. This guy loved cars. They were well brought up so, you'd never see them clubbing. Police had collected money from this guy by way of extortion severally, threatening to even take his life despite presenting an oil and gas ID. These are the experiences of those close to me. There are many of them out there like them, who had been harassed that way. There's no problem when a police does his or her job the way it should, to rid our society of crime but they often leave their job for extortion, seeing these guys ride good cars. I remember the story of an American returnee who was asked to transfer money into their account by police or they'd kill him. He wired 120k instantly and nothing happened after reporting the case to the CID at panti in yaba as he was advised to...you see? The endsars protesters were mainly professionals. They gathered at lekki peacefully and they were attacked. This is the height of wickedness

Why all these stories to over shalaye.

No be the same Naija we dey? Police dey also stop me for road well well oh. And we always part with greetings. So whats perculiar about yours?
Police will treat you with respect if you also treat them with respect.

If however you decide to treat them otherwise they will fvck you up. It is what it is anywhere in the world
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by adspelite(m): 7:49pm On Feb 13, 2022
Whyedu:
True

Study where?
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Qoko: 7:57pm On Feb 13, 2022
This man make a valid point since 2015
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by babajero(m): 8:10pm On Feb 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
And which of the countries he mentioned uses their military to kill its citizens for fun or use it military to mount road block? Please can you tell me any country that the present Nigerian military can defeat apart from killing it citizens.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by babajero(m): 8:13pm On Feb 13, 2022
holycup:
The first time this dude is making sense since he became minister of lie sss.
Make sense? He has never still said what the military went to do in a civilian protest.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by maestro299: 8:33pm On Feb 13, 2022
kponkedenge:

You've only been watching CNN...

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Blitzerz: 8:54pm On Feb 13, 2022
helpee:
I will assume you are joking now otherwise you will be dumber than I thought. On the day you are talking about at the toll gate, three police stations were burnt to ashes in Lagos making the governor to declare a curfew. Is the tollgate not part of Lagos or what is this guy saying. BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!! Can't you see the irony here. Black lives matter came into being because the police were killing people extra judicially in the first place. The black lives matter came into being because of extra judicial killings and of course, people died in the protest. Mainly by other protesters and a few by police
ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY AMERICAN POLICE ARE PROFESSIONALS BY NOT KILLING DURING BLACK LIVES MATTER PROTEST ?.... There won't be black lives matter in the first instance if they weren't killing unprofessionally
Face the argument.
Was anyone killed in protest?
Yes or no?
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by helpee(m): 9:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
Blitzerz:

Face the argument.
Was anyone killed in protest?
Yes or no?
Who is arguing with you? Your argument is not intelligent.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by iyke2frankeze: 9:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
Truth though.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Kylce042(m): 9:31pm On Feb 13, 2022
GardenOfGod:
And may the household of those who supported the killings of innocent people by the police and Sars be rewarded bitterly.

Amen
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Blitzerz: 9:39pm On Feb 13, 2022
helpee:
Who is arguing with you? Your argument is not intelligent.
Gerrarahia. Modafoka
Next time argue with facts.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by hayoholla(m): 9:44pm On Feb 13, 2022
ivolt:

Who are you to decide which protest is needless?
What arrogance!

It does not take too much brain power to decide on why protest against vaccination that will prevent further infection and outbreak, and invasion of the capitol building, because their fav candidate did not win is needless.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by TheGift: 9:46pm On Feb 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

He has a point, however:

1. He was wrong to designate everyone who protested as hoodlums, which they were clearly not.

2. He is downplaying the importance of human freedoms as against keeping the nation peaceful, but in the words of Peter Tosh, “we don’t want no peace, we need equal rights and justice”… for there is no true peace without justice

3. In the America and Canada He referred to, soldiers didn’t shoot indiscriminately into crowds under the cover of darkness , only to start coming up with lies, half truths and various conflicting stories.

4. The Canadian government is going to address the grievances of the people, but all Lao Mohammed is interested in is telling us how wrong we are and how good He/they is/are.

I could go on, but…

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

US Vows To Monitor $32.8m COVID-19 Spending In Nigeria / Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? / Peter Obi Visits Scene Of The Fire Incident At Onitsha Market (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.