Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests (34148 Views)

Again, Lai Mohammed Berates CNN Over Lekki Toll Gate Shootings / Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian / A Nigerian, Orioye Owolebi Dares Donald Trump On Twitter Over Iran Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:46pm On Feb 13, 2022
Beverlyjean:

You are never sensible in anything you post. Why don't to wait to see whether they will send soldiers to start shooting and killing the truckers. I have said this before, you are not meant to be living amongst humans , you are meant to be in a psychiatric place, you truly need help. A nut has truly lost in your head
Thanks for the compliment baby boy.. cheesy kiss
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Oyiboman69: 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2022
sunkieisland:
Both situations can never be the same. Nigerians protested injustice of SARS, a few people of a particular trade are protesting and we are making comparison.

the fallout of the endsars protests was not commendable but we shouldn't compare as both scenarios are not the same.

The Canadian government provides a good atmosphere for her citizens but we are still battling amenities here and we are comparing. The government sponsored tugs and killers just to disrupt the protest....

No basis for comparison. These guys treat their citizens like human beings and wouldn't expect extreme behavior but we treat our own people like animals and expect them to behave like human beings.

Food for thought.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by ShaqFu: 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2022
Since I've known this man, this is the first time he's said something sensible.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Iago7aspas(m): 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2022
The situations are not the same
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by pacespot(m): 12:49pm On Feb 13, 2022
While he might have some points in his argument, but the protest in Canada is more like an insurrection compared to Nigeria. Let us take a look at the two scenarios, the Canadian government is trying to protect Canadians from the raging virus through the COVID-19 passport but the truck drivers see the process as affecting their businesses. So I will say that Canadian government has legitimate concern in mandating Canadians to be vaccinated against the virus.

But what legitimate concern does Nigerian government have to be sending SARS to harass, extort, incarcerate and kill the youths? EndSARS protest was all about people fighting for their lives in the hands of a notoriously brutal police force brigade SARS. While Canadian protest was about people fighting their government who is trying to protect them from the deadly virus.

So, Mr lair Mohamed should stop looking for every justification in his effort to stifle the social media space in the country.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by seunny4lif(m): 12:49pm On Feb 13, 2022
NOwazobia:
You didn't counter his point.

Has anyone been shot at or arrested and brutalized by the European police? That is the point.
I’m sure you don’t follow news from France, Belgium, NZ, Australia, and Holland.
Go to Twitter now and check France news
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by NOwazobia: 12:52pm On Feb 13, 2022
seunny4lif:

I’m sure you don’t follow news from France, Belgium, NZ, Australia, and Holland.
Go to Twitter now and check France news
You are still pushing the goal post. What is the country in question again?
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Feelings79: 12:54pm On Feb 13, 2022
thundafire:
In every protest there are hoodlums that will cause trouble and affect everyone. But the military wouldn't come out and shoot but police will be very civil and only look out for the urchins that will cause trouble till der grievances or agreement with government is tabled for negotiation
The main crux of this matter is Twitter's double standard
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by AlieninPH: 12:57pm On Feb 13, 2022
kponkedenge:
Lai Mohammed should shut up. The protesters have been left alone to protest for days, if not weeks,

Stop telling lies, they have only been protesting for days. And in the process still crippled the American Motor Manufacturing industry.
The Nigerian Govt did great by forcing the EndSars protesters off the streets, before they could tank the Nigerian economy.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by musicwriter(m): 12:59pm On Feb 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Now he has a point..let me see who's sensible enough to counter and prove his Statement baseless..
The countdown starts now..

The Canadian government will never send the army to shoot at the protesters.

ENDSARS remained a very peaceful protest until the Nigerian army started shooting at innocent people. So, don't be deceived by Lai Muhammad. That man is a chronic liar.

On the issue of regulating social media, that's apart. Social media regulation has been in the talks before the ENDSARS protest. And by the way, nothing whatsoever has been achieved, except that the cost of advert on Facebook and probably Twitter has been increased by 7.5%. Those of us who run online adverts are the ones paying the price, not Twitter, not Facebook.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:59pm On Feb 13, 2022
musicwriter:

The Canadian government will never send the army to shoot at the protesters.

ENDSARS remained a very peaceful protests until the Nigerian army starting shooting at innocent people. So, don't be deceived by Lai Muhammad. That man is a chronic liar.

On the issue of regulating social media, that's apart. Social media regulation has been in the talks before the ENDSARS protest. And by the way, nothing whatsoever has been achieved, except that the cost of advert on Facebook and probably Twitter has been increased by 7.5%. Those of us who run online adverts are the ones paying the price, not Twitter, not Facebook.
Thanks for your contribution.. kiss
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by maasoap(m): 1:03pm On Feb 13, 2022
kponkedenge:
Lai Mohammed should shut up. The protesters have been left alone to protest for days, if not weeks, without interruption, but they've started taking things too far by disrupting normal Canadians going about their business, interruption of the supply chain of goods and services within Canada and also across the border.

It is also pertinent to note that these protesters are not the majority of truck drivers who didn't join the protests.

Also they have started getting funding from far right groups in the US, making it all the more to look political and not a genuine protest.

Not like Nigerian protest that within that same day police or soldiers would start shooting at you for nothing.

And what exactly do you think happened with the #Endsars protests in Nigeria? They were not left alone? They didn't resort to blocking of highways? They didn't disrupt movements and daily activities of others? When they were told to stop disrupting people's daily movements, did they listen?

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 13, 2022
Whoever thinks Laid Mohammed made any sense here should have his head checked.

People protesting against vaccines mandate can be branded as terrorists. Vaccination is scientifically proven to be the best way to tackle a diseases that's gone pandemic. Trying to use pseudoscience and freedom of choice as a tool to cause crisis, every government can rightly brand such people as terrorists. The Canadian government has a point here here although just like every government, they might get overbearing in the exercise of their power. Those protesting also have a point but the government can not be easily armed twist to change a law that has to do with the healthcare of the citizens.

On the other hand, government did not have any defense against the endsars and the government responded by causing deliberately paying people to cause chaos which almost got out of hand
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by seunny4lif(m): 1:07pm On Feb 13, 2022
NOwazobia:
You are still pushing the goal post. What is the country in question again?
What are you typing?
Because I don’t understand your questions anymore?
You asked for a country but I gave you countries.
Go back and read what you typed again
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by NaMe4: 1:08pm On Feb 13, 2022
adamsmith914:
A lot of naive children imagine that the United States is a bed of roses.

Yes, it is similar in terms of a strong presence of the free market system, but cannot be compared in areas of governance, justice and equitable distribution of resources. With these in place, Nigerians won't need to seek refuge in other countries
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by NOwazobia: 1:09pm On Feb 13, 2022
seunny4lif:

What are you typing?
Because I don’t understand your questions anymore?
You asked for a country but I gave you countries.
Go back and read what you typed again
mtcheww, have a nice day.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by nickyvil: 1:10pm On Feb 13, 2022
adamsmith914:
You respond after your quick google research?

Ok so cops have stopped killing innocent Hispanics & Blacks in New York?

I have work so I can't stay online all day , what I'm trying to say is there is justice over here and open to everyone irrespective of your position as long as their is evidence but in Nigeria, the system is so bad that if your not connected or money involved , you won't get justice. Canada went through court justice but Nigeria uses force
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by seunny4lif(m): 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2022
NOwazobia:
mtcheww, have a nice day.
Either you are a kid or you decided to typed because you have a free data.

Go and watch some Hollywood movies
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Reference(m): 1:13pm On Feb 13, 2022
And who is saying what the Canadian government is doing is right.
This shows that we are still steeped in sentiment and emotion and so have been looking everywhere to justify our actions.

The present Canadian government is not popular for this and its popularity has been on the wane for sometime, hardly the example of what is right. Why did he not use the examples of other nations in Europe for instance where most countries there have had such protests in recent months and tap from the wisdom is the ways they diffused such situations, without over reaching violence, carnage and bloodshed.

We must learn to separate issues from personalities and events from names in this country and view things objectively.
We should stop being drawn to wrong things to justify our wrongs. We can never make progress that way.
What the Nigerian government did was wrong.
What the Canadian government is doing is wrong as well, period.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by SunTzu123(m): 1:14pm On Feb 13, 2022
I hate to admit that I agree with Lie on this one. I think he should write a letter to the Canadian government and threaten to sue them at the international court of Justice.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Basher8583: 1:17pm On Feb 13, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Where was your head before sir?

But so far, I've not heard that military was deployed to the protesting truckers to kill them. All we saw were the police maintaining peace, unlike here where police were seen killing peaceful protesters before huloodlums hijacked it and started burning stations and killing police in reprisals.

Again, were police not brutal on the Nigerian youths, most of whom are doing legitimate businesses? The answer is yes. You can't compare those protesting over covid-19 with those protesting over the killing of their innocent loved ones by the corrupt police here.

Again, same twitter had banned some users who had spoken or twitted disrespectfully about buhari and his government before, check it. Buhari who's an individual account holder isn't above the law of twitter. You can't compare the 2 scenarios please Lai.

The insurrection in DC was a pure act of terror. Nobody had invaded the national assembly here before in that manner. Such an act wouldn't have be taken lightly by Nigerians as well.

Which legitimate business is a Nigerian youth doing? Please name one. Crypto currency? Nonsense. You and I know wats up.

Its these kind of lies that make you guys look unserious.

Go online and see how the french police are brutalising protesters.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by loswhite(m): 1:17pm On Feb 13, 2022
adamsmith914:
A lot of naive children imagine that the United States is a bed of roses.
No one is saying the United states is a bed of roses. Every country have their challenges but you have to tell us the comparison that makes you think Nigeria is the Same with United States.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by ModestGal(f): 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Now he has a point..let me see who's sensible enough to counter and prove his Statement baseless..
Sorry, not in the Canada, that I am
T
People are the protests are having fun, bringing thier children and celebrating. If it were to be in Nigeria,they would have brought guns to kill the citizens. Police are nice to protesters, and old people are cheering them up. In Nigeria,old people are known to always supporting evils,
And I personally love our prime minister, and unlike in Nigeria, what they are fighting for is to stop COVID-19 vaccine, not shooting at

cnt even type again..

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Reference(m): 1:19pm On Feb 13, 2022
Takeproft:
Whoever thinks Laid Mohammed made any sense here should have his head checked.

People protesting against vaccines mandate can be branded as terrorists. Vaccination is scientifically proven to be the best way to tackle a diseases that's gone pandemic. Trying to use pseudoscience and freedom of choice as a tool to cause crisis, every government can rightly brand such people as terrorists. The Canadian government has a point here here although just like every government, they might get overbearing in the exercise of their power. Those protesting also have a point but the government can not be easily armed twist to change a law that has to do with the healthcare of the citizens.

On the other hand, government did not have any defense against the endsars and the government responded by causing deliberately paying people to cause chaos which almost got out of hand

I agree with parts but I disagree with others as well.
It is a matter of opinion. Some will just not take the vaccine no matter the 'scientific evidence', period. They have rights too and though they are subject to the legal system they will push back to have the laws changed.
That does not mean they should be brutalized and killed with the audacity we like to do things in black Africa.
The government of Canada has other options that it is not exploring and its dictatorial stance will cost it dearly down the line.
It is not an example Nigeria should follow at all.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Basher8583: 1:20pm On Feb 13, 2022
Reference:
And who is saying what the Canadian government is doing is right.
This shows that we are still steeped in sentiment and emotion and so have been looking everywhere to justify our actions.

The present Canadian government is not popular for this and its popularity has been on the wane for sometime, hardly the example of what is right. Why did he not use the examples of other nations in Europe for instance where most countries there have had such protests in recent months and tap from the wisdom is the ways they diffused such situations, without over reaching violence, carnage and bloodshed.

We must learn to separate issues from personalities and events from names in this country and view things objectively.
We should stop being drawn to wrong things to justify our wrongs. We can never make progress that way.
What the Nigerian government did was wrong.
What the Canadian government is doing is wrong as well, period.

Its ok to keep quite and just read through if your emotions is not allowing you to see the point Lai Mohammed is making.

Typing this junk presents you as one with poor comprehension skiils
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by FERNANDEZISBACK: 1:21pm On Feb 13, 2022
ModestGal:

Sorry, not in the Canada, that I am
T
People are the protests are having fun, bringing thier children and celebrating. If it were to be in Nigeria,they would have brought guns to kill the citizens. Police are nice to protesters, and old people are cheering them up. In Nigeria,old people are known to always supporting evils,cnt even type again..
Thanks for your contribution..hope you are doing great over there? cheesy
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by lovchalice(f): 1:22pm On Feb 13, 2022
Fisrt in history
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Rick9(m): 1:22pm On Feb 13, 2022
Seriously with my intellectual capacity I really can't believe that I totally concur with Alhaji Lai Mohammed on this as He has raised some (not only valid points but) salient points.
I can't believe that I'm agreeing with Alhaji Lai for the first time.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by mczmus(m): 1:25pm On Feb 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

He has a very valid point....people should stop demarketing NIgeria....invariably you are making NIgeria cheap.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 13, 2022
This man is really comparing them to the EndSars protests, smdh.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by RexTramadol1: 1:26pm On Feb 13, 2022
kponkedenge:
Lai Mohammed should shut up. The protesters have been left alone to protest for days, if not weeks, without interruption, but they've started taking things too far by disrupting normal Canadians going about their business, interruption of the supply chain of goods and services within Canada and also across the border.

It is also pertinent to note that these protesters are not the majority of truck drivers who didn't join the protests.

Also they have started getting funding from far right groups in the US, making it all the more to look political and not a genuine protest.

Not like Nigerian protest that within that same day police or soldiers would start shooting at you for nothing.

Endsars ran into weeks though, before government came up with what they thought they could do
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by FERNANDEZISBACK: 1:27pm On Feb 13, 2022
mczmus:

He has a very valid point....people should stop demarketing NIgeria....invariably you are making NIgeria cheap.
Ain't it? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

President Buhari Receives Orji Uzor Kalu (Photos) / The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) / APC Thugs Ambush Peoples Gazette’s Reporter At Lagos Polling Unit, Delete Files

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.