Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,078 members, 7,835,641 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match (39425 Views)

Shocking! African Player voluntary Quit European club and Return To Local League / Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League / Proud Chelsea Fan Gives Birth To Twins During Champions League Match. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by ImoleNaija: 5:39pm On Feb 13, 2022
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 13, 2022
Most fans who storm Nigeria league matches are thugs.
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Elidrisy20: 5:41pm On Feb 13, 2022
Waste of time
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Richy4(m): 5:41pm On Feb 13, 2022
Were they allergic to Green grass? cheesy
After building that nice stadium, they can't invest on ordinary sprinkler embarassed

1 Like

Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by porthouse7(f): 5:42pm On Feb 13, 2022
Lanrelagboi:
it is a match between Abeokuta Stormers (home) and Ibom Youths from Akwa Ibom.

I was invited to come to Abeokuta from lagod by a friend in Abeokuta.

I just admit, the atmosphere is great, fans are good and the match quality is great.

Security is also very tight to prevent violence. calm down when u write next time

Ticket was free
calm down when u write next time
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by MrGerald(m): 5:42pm On Feb 13, 2022
So where is the pitch?
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by tenpipsperday: 5:43pm On Feb 13, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Good testimony from you bro.

This season NPFL is taking a shape which is different from the the previous seasons.
It is quite interesting to know that till week 10, two teams in the NPFL, Remo Stars and Rivers United were being invincible in the league.
Rivers United lost her first match on week 11. Remo Stars is currently losing her match (week 12) by a lone goal away, though may equalise before the end of the match to continue the invincible.

The problem with our league is the NFF and NFL. I wish it can be better organised and be televised.

Don't bother wasting your Tim till the day it will be organized because it won't.

The only thing that can get organized in this country is corruption machinery.
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by bibianna(f): 5:45pm On Feb 13, 2022
But the stadium looks empty!
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by LaIabobo: 5:45pm On Feb 13, 2022
Amotolongbo:

This season NPFL is taking a shape which is different from the the previous seasons.
It is quite interesting to know that till week 10, two teams in the NPFL, Remo Stars and Rivers United were being invincible in the league.
Rivers United lost her first match on week 11. Remo Stars is currently losing her match (week 12) by a lone goal away, though may equalise before the end of the match to continue the invincible.

The problem with our league is the NFF and NFL. I wish it can be better organised and be televised.

Most NPFL matches are televised. This particular match is NNL (the division 2)

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by BENEAMATA: 5:45pm On Feb 13, 2022
Kuto
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by ofiko123(m): 5:46pm On Feb 13, 2022
May God help Nigeria.
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by foleskay(m): 5:47pm On Feb 13, 2022
Yeye.keep celebrating mediocity. Where is the crowd here..just a dalipdated facility with sparsely match officials. This supposed to be a national division 1 Tournament that is the second division league equivalent of championship in england and serie b in serie A. And you said you enjoyed watching this piece of shiit.
How will u nw feel when u enter d fratton park which league one side Portsmouth plays In
Rubbish undecided
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by deavicky(m): 5:48pm On Feb 13, 2022
Lanrelagboi:
it is a match between Abeokuta Stormers (home) and Ibom Youths from Akwa Ibom.

I was invited to come to Abeokuta from lagod by a friend in Abeokuta.

I just admit, the atmosphere is great, fans are good and the match quality is great.

Security is also very tight to prevent violence.

Ticket was free
where the fans?
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by aribisala0(m): 5:53pm On Feb 13, 2022
Finidi, Yekini, Amokachi, Amunike,, Siasia , Taribo West were all made in Nigeria and very rugged. We need to believe more in ourselves

What a lot of young people do not know is that everything is about control

We have been sold this idea that our religions are no good we should discard our own and follow Islam follow Christianity
Not realizing that this is just geopolitcs

Sport is no different
We need to replicate what is happening in music with sport
We need a local league that is commercially viable across West Africa
That will not happen if we foolishly follow the Premiership and La Liga

9 Likes

Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by casppyjay: 5:55pm On Feb 13, 2022
Omniman:
I grew up watching street soccer.

I have seen players display extraordinary talents and I was like damn this guys should be playing in the big league.

u av seen talents emerge and submerged
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by aribisala0(m): 5:56pm On Feb 13, 2022
Revolution2022:
Most fans who storm Nigeria league matches are thugs.
There are no thugs in England?
What do you know about football?
All the racist chanting in Europe is done by clerics?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Starboytwo(m): 5:56pm On Feb 13, 2022
Nice one but our pitch no Dey Eva green
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by aribisala0(m): 5:58pm On Feb 13, 2022
A functional league in Nigeria should be commercially viable
There is no reason why our league cannot be better and bigger than that of Belgium or Portugal
This is where we need visionary leadership at NFF
It will not happen overnight but if we set a 30 year goal we will make progress
Imagine Nigerians going to play in Sudan!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Jonegonu: 6:01pm On Feb 13, 2022
Amotolongbo:

Rivers United lost her first match on week 11. Remo Stars is currently losing her match (week 12) by a lone goal away, though may equalise before the end of the match to continue the invincible (Remo stars lost)

did they stop you from supporting a team of your choice
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Ebubu: 6:01pm On Feb 13, 2022
Amotolongbo:

Rivers United lost her first match on week 11. Remo Stars is currently losing her match (week 12) by a lone goal away, though may equalise before the end of the match to continue the invincible (Remo stars lost)

Televising NPFL will increase revenue to clubs and they can afford better stadium facilities which will improve the qualities of players that will make fans enjoy football more

But no, NFF can’t televise our league on very affordable broadcasting stations so the public can have access.
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Sleekfingers: 6:05pm On Feb 13, 2022
Go forbid bad thing. For now , I can't go and watch any nigeria league matches.....

Compare to their counterparts in South africa, tunisia , egypt.....
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 13, 2022
So many empty seats.

I can never watch a live match cos na agbero full there.
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 13, 2022
The bane of football in Nigeria is the violence, any small thing una don break referee head.
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by aribisala0(m): 6:10pm On Feb 13, 2022
foleskay:
Yeye.keep celebrating mediocity. Where is the crowd here..just a dalipdated facility with sparsely match officials. This supposed to be a national division 1 Tournament that is the second division league equivalent of championship in england and serie b in serie A. And you said you enjoyed watching this piece of shiit.
How will u nw feel when u enter d fratton park which league one side Portsmouth plays In
Rubbish undecided
You have bad mouth
and are a loser. It is very easy talking rubbish

What have you contributed to improving anything in Nigeria?

How do we get from A to B is what visionaries ask .
How old is football?
30 years ago Nigerian kids did not listen to Nigerian music today . Now we are listened to all over the world
30 years ago there was no Premiership League

A lot can happen in 30 years .

The important thing is vision and belief and to start
NOT

Bad mouth and negativity

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:12pm On Feb 13, 2022
Na thugs and agberos full those local viewing centers, the last time I visited those local viewing centers was years ago when they stole my phone and some agberos fighting aggressively with sharp broken bottles and knives,

how I escaped that place unhurt with a friend that accompanied me was just a miracle.
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 13, 2022
Richy4:
Were they allergic to Green grass? cheesy
After building that nice stadium, they can't invest on ordinary sprinkler embarassed

Am watching Leicester play West ham right now on beautiful grass pitch

The cost of a ticket at the King Power is 50 pounds or 29000 naira.

Leicester also earns money from things like t shirts, sponsors , league tv rights, etc.

Meanwhile, cost of a ticket at Nigerian league game is N3000 or less.

Where are they going to get money to build a nice stadium with grass....

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Amotolongbo(f): 6:12pm On Feb 13, 2022
[s]
Jonegonu:
did they stop you from supporting a team of your choice
[/s]gibberish undecided
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by shantti(m): 6:13pm On Feb 13, 2022
tonididdy:
... Stay protected cheesy grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by seborrhic: 6:16pm On Feb 13, 2022
Where are the fans? When have match officials and coaching crew turned to fans?
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by MoneyGoDrop: 6:17pm On Feb 13, 2022
Watching local league is refreshing with differentarrays of skills on display. I always try to watch Enugu Rangers wherever am in town. I really enjoyed the 2016 season that Rangers won the league. It's one of my happiest memories.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stanley Nwabali Visits His Grassroot Club Chairman, Felix Obuah / Asisat Oshoala's Mother Is Dead (Video) / ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.