Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match (39429 Views)

Shocking! African Player voluntary Quit European club and Return To Local League / Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League / Proud Chelsea Fan Gives Birth To Twins During Champions League Match. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by premierlead: 8:08am On Feb 14, 2022
Havisco:

Your generation get problem. Na ontop Islam matter you go perish. Since your generation have developed bitter attitude towards Islam has it added any good things to your generation or crush down Islam? You will just die one day out of heart attack due to your hatred for Islam. Give yourself peace low man.

Tell and advise your religion people, muric, shiite and other terrorists even ritualists among you to disengage from the act...truth is like fire, it hurts.
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Elsueno: 9:13am On Feb 14, 2022
Havisco:

It’s not aboki or Northerners he hate, It’s islam, I hope he doesn’t run mad In mean time because once you have too much hatred for what you can’t control, you loose your cool, it’s either you run mad or commit suicide.

It's the way they even paint these Muslims as some mindless killers. I have lived with some of these northern Muslims & to be honest they don't even give a crap about my religious beliefs
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Babisha10(m): 4:36pm On Feb 14, 2022
My village pitch is far better than what I'm just seeing here, 9ja we needs to upgrade...
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by preselect(m): 10:48pm On Feb 17, 2022
gazal05:
Yeah the pitch is bad but I can guarantee you at least 400 fans at the covered side of the stadium

thats not a lot.
Even back then in Naija there used to be over 10,000 fans trooping to watch Rangers v Nationale then (i think they are now called hearts FC)
I once watched Nationale v Stationery Stores, the stadium was packed, then there were no seats and people stand to watch games. My uncle had to carry me on his shoulders for me to see what was going on. You could barely breath. Packed to the brim, it wasnt less than 20,000 people in that stadium. No Space

n:b I know the indomie generation would be wondering who Stationery Stores are grin grin grin
Stores were a solid team from Lagos back in the days, they played at then Onikan Stadium (dunno if it's still there). Very solid team. won the league in 1992.

these indomie kids should learn how to respect elders angry
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by aswani(m): 7:18pm On Feb 18, 2022
preselect:

thats not a lot.
Even back then in Naija there used to be over 10,000 fans trooping to watch Rangers v Nationale then (i think they are now called hearts FC)
I once watched Nationale v Stationery Stores, the stadium was packed, then there were no seats and people stand to watch games. My uncle had to carry me on his shoulders for me to see what was going on. You could barely breath. Packed to the brim, it wasnt less than 20,000 people in that stadium. No Space

n:b I know the indomie generation would be wondering who Stationery Stores are grin grin grin
Stores were a solid team from Lagos back in the days, they played at then Onikan Stadium (dunno if it's still there). Very solid team. won the league in 1992.

these indomie kids should learn how to respect elders angry

I once watched Stores and NEPA in Division 2 at Onikan stadium, packed stadium more than one hour before the game.

Two many matches were played on those surfaces for them to survive for long.

At one point way back, Onikan stadium in a week would host National Division 3 (IBWA Sharpshooters, Eagle Oil), Division 2 (National Bank, NEPA), Division 1 (ACB, First Bank, Stores, Julius Berger). Then there would be LDFA matches (2 or 3 each day).

Add on Principals Cup, Oba Cup and state Challenge Cup and that surface was always ever going to disintegrate badly.

Even when they farmed out National league teams to Agege stadium, there was still too much football being played on there.

Hopefully, the Lagos State FA and others have learnt their lesson.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by KingAzubuike(f): 7:22pm On Feb 21, 2022
Omniman:
I grew up watching street soccer.

I have seen players display extraordinary talents and I was like damn this guys should be playing in the big league.

Oga.. monkey post different from big Field o.. it's just different.. there are some outrageous skills you can try in monkey post coz of the tight space and ease in running from post to post easily which you can never try on a standard pitch.
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by miqos02(m): 7:42am On Mar 02, 2022
Damidave1124:
Slowly, Nigeria professional football league will get there... Nice on OP
after how many decades ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stanley Nwabali Visits His Grassroot Club Chairman, Felix Obuah / Asisat Oshoala's Mother Is Dead (Video) / ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.