Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match (39426 Views)

Shocking! African Player voluntary Quit European club and Return To Local League / Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League / Proud Chelsea Fan Gives Birth To Twins During Champions League Match. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by aribisala0(m): 7:06pm On Feb 13, 2022
davillian:
I don't know what happened to Nigeria honestly
As a kid my dad takes me to onikan stadium to watch match mind you it's Nigerian league and the whole stadium would be full....
I don't know why we lost interest in our own or mayb the economy doest permit us or no time
The economy
is key I also went to Onikan to support Stationery stores. In those days our money had value
however clubs were sponsored by the likes of

Abiola
NEPA
New Nigerian Bank

etc
Now clubs have to adjust and operate without sponsors as viable businesses

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by anonimi: 7:08pm On Feb 13, 2022
Richy4:

The stadium is good enough bro trust me based on their standard... It wouldn't cost them a billion to construct a borehole... Link it inside the stadium with a commercial sprinkler to provide water...

The reason there was no grasses was because the grasses were neglected because of no water ...the beauty of grasses is manure and water...

The premier League u were watching, halftime performance of every match, u can see sprinklers watering the grasses even when it was raining....

I Was not saying that they should do it the big boys way abroad... They should do it based on their standard... But I don't think the grasses I saw on that picture was Nigerian standard... They should be better than that

Why construct a borehole for a city stadium in the 21st century?
Are we so backward and primitive?
Or we are just low expectations people who wallow in poverty of the collective

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by anonimi: 7:11pm On Feb 13, 2022
aribisala0:
The economy
is key I also went to Onikan to support Stationery stores. In those days our money had value
however clubs were sponsored by the likes of

Abiola
NEPA
New Nigerian Bank

etc
Now clubs have to adjust and operate without sponsors as viable businesses

It is not the economy alone, if at all.
It is the availability of satellite television and internet access for global news, sports and entertainment coupled with the private sector ownership of sports in the developed countries.
We clearly don’t want to develop.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by just2endowed: 7:20pm On Feb 13, 2022
watersideboys:

My friend go and sit down...... why are you not there watching the match

Boss wetin I do? cheesy I am in Lagos, and I have planned to watch mfm match....

Let's promote our own jare just like the days of eyimba when they won back to back caf champion league
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by aribisala0(m): 7:22pm On Feb 13, 2022
anonimi:

It is not the economy alone, if at all.
It is the availability of satellite television and internet access for global news, sports and entertainment coupled with the private sector ownership of sports in the developed countries.
We clearly don’t want to develop.
You are right , it is multifactorial but I did not say it is the economy alone. I was responding to a specific post . Though those things you mentioned are related to the economy or general wealth of the society..

For me the key missing ingredient is vision.
Once there is a vision at the NFF leadership then we will start moving in the right direction.
Pinnick clearly does not have it.

If we have an NFF president that decides we should have a top 20 league in 50 years it will happen
The other thing is geopolitics we need to be more assertive at FIFA

How much money entered the Nigerian economy from the sale of the likes of Iheanacho or Osimhem? We desperately need such money
South American clubs get a better deal when they sell to Europe

I was encouraged by the quality of AFCON and I do not believe Europe has better natural talent. We just need a better supportng economy.
We will witness what we have seen in the music industry
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by musicwriter(m): 7:23pm On Feb 13, 2022
CharleyBright:
So?
What's your point?
We should leave correct Premier League Matches that we watch in the comfort of our homes and go to watch yeye local fixed matches??
Nigerian league matches that winners are not decided on the field of play, but in boardrooms as determined by which club Ammaju Pinnick favours.

Mtcheeew.

Are you serious?!! I haven't heard this before
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by tuzle(m): 7:24pm On Feb 13, 2022
jieta:
W :see pitch
The pitch is still ok for youth games. I have also watched some Russia youth league, Argentina and many more and I can tell u that the stadium they use isn't much better than this
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by phemmyfour: 7:24pm On Feb 13, 2022
Lanrelagboi:
it is a match between Abeokuta Stormers (home) and Ibom Youths from Akwa Ibom.

I was invited to come to Abeokuta from lagod by a friend in Abeokuta.

I just admit, the atmosphere is great, fans are good and the match quality is great.

Security is also very tight to prevent violence.

Ticket was free
Security is always tight until fight start

1 Like

Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Richy4(m): 7:31pm On Feb 13, 2022
anonimi:

Why construct a borehole for a city stadium in the 21st century?
Are we so backward and primitive?
Or we are just low expectations people who wallow in poverty of the collective

My dear... What can I say... Is it not better that water was supplied any how to cover the shame the remaining little grasses were feeling than waiting for government water supply that probably isn't coming...

That stadium as u can see in those pictures should not be called a stadium.... That's just an insult to that word ' stadium'...
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 13, 2022
Lanrelagboi:

I just admit, the atmosphere is great, fans are good and the match quality is great.

Ticket was free

the is the NNL division two of the NPFL with Abeokuta stormers formerly FC NILAYO
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by seyz91(m): 7:37pm On Feb 13, 2022
So where is the experience?
Lanrelagboi:

Ticket was free
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Omoluabi16(m): 7:41pm On Feb 13, 2022
This one no be like local league match oh. The stadium reminds me of LASU sports complex
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by badaoyeyemi(f): 7:42pm On Feb 13, 2022
Don't worry... we'll come out stronger in the next game (Remo Stars)
Amotolongbo:
Good testimony from you bro.

This season NPFL is taking a shape which is different from the the previous seasons.
It is quite interesting to know that till week 10, two teams in the NPFL, Remo Stars and Rivers United were being invincible in the league.
Rivers United lost her first match on week 11. Remo Stars is currently losing her match (week 12) by a lone goal away, though may equalise before the end of the match to continue the invincible.

The problem with our league is the NFF and NFL. I wish it can be better organised and be televised.

Modified: Final whistle!
Remo stars lost
No more invincible
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by arijay(m): 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2022
This playing turf looks poor

1 Like

Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Elsueno: 7:52pm On Feb 13, 2022
premierlead:
Thank your star it doesn't involved Kano pillar, nasarawa united or any of this jihadist/terrorist club side, you would have blamed yourself for leaving Lag for Abeokuta

U know comments like these just make me wonder, why are majority of you from the south east have genetic hate for northerners especially Muslims.... Alternatively, the average aboki doesn't even care about u guys....Si, why do u hate them soo much?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Kroos205: 7:54pm On Feb 13, 2022
no forget to follow them go chop fufu for aunty tawa side, abi no be ojere those abk players dey stay ?
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Amotolongbo(f): 7:54pm On Feb 13, 2022
badaoyeyemi:
Don't worry... we'll come out stronger in the next game (Remo Stars)
It is so painful seeing Remo Stars losing today away at Gombe. Seeing Rivers United winning yesterday match made it worse.

Rivers United and Plateau United are now leading Remo Stars by 2 point and a point respectively on the league table.

I believe Remo Stars can win the league and I wholeheartedly want them to.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Sensiblerealist: 8:24pm On Feb 13, 2022
I don't think any of our teams is on the continent this season. I mean in yne group stage proper.
That is a pity though. Supposedly when the standard was improving, that came the time the continental teams fumbled the most.
I don't know if it's the technical/tactical quality or management issues

Amotolongbo:
Good testimony from you bro.

This season NPFL is taking a shape which is different from the the previous seasons.
It is quite interesting to know that till week 10, two teams in the NPFL, Remo Stars and Rivers United were being invincible in the league.
Rivers United lost her first match on week 11. Remo Stars is currently losing her match (week 12) by a lone goal away, though may equalise before the end of the match to continue the invincible.

The problem with our league is the NFF and NFL. I wish it can be better organised and be televised.

Modified: Final whistle!
Remo stars lost
No more invincible
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Amotolongbo(f): 8:39pm On Feb 13, 2022
Sensiblerealist:
I don't think any of our teams is on the continent this season. I mean in yne group stage proper.
That is a pity though. Supposedly when the standard was improving, that came the time the continental teams fumbled the most.
I don't know if it's the technical/tactical quality or management issues

Ya!
We have no team representing in either the CAF Champions’ League or the Confederation Cup
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Danmboss(m): 8:42pm On Feb 13, 2022
No be say i be enemy of progress o but y the pitch con be like say na desrt them de.
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 13, 2022
aribisala0:
There are no thugs in England?
What do you know about football?
All the racist chanting in Europe is done by clerics?

Don't waste your time talking to European slaves.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by BennyDGreat: 9:31pm On Feb 13, 2022
Omniman:
I grew up watching street soccer.

I have seen players display extraordinary talents and I was like damn this guys should be playing in the big league.

Hopefully, someday, Nigeria will be good to upcoming talents on the street
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by BennyDGreat: 9:33pm On Feb 13, 2022
aribisala0:
A functional league in Nigeria should be commercially viable
There is no reason why our league cannot be better and bigger than that of Belgium or Portugal
This is where we need visionary leadership at NFF
It will not happen overnight but if we set a 30 year goal we will make progress
Imagine Nigerians going to play in Sudan!!

Outrageous!!!
Sudan like.....I am dumbfounded...God!
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by BennyDGreat: 9:35pm On Feb 13, 2022
aribisala0:
You have bad mouth
and are a loser. It is very easy talking rubbish

What have you contributed to improving anything in Nigeria?

How do we get from A to B is what visionaries ask .
How old is football?
30 years ago Nigerian kids did not listen to Nigerian music today . Now we are listened to all over the world
30 years ago there was no Premiership League

A lot can happen in 30 years .

The important thing is vision and belief and to start
NOT

Bad mouth and negativity

God bless your insight. This is exactly what we need!
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by BennyDGreat: 9:39pm On Feb 13, 2022
backbencher:

Well, the premier league is successful because they pay high ticket prices to watch a match....

Tickets at leagues in the EPL cost between 35-90 pounds , which is between 19000 to 55000 naira. (Before the EPL, English stadiums were hell zones and a mess, and ticket prices were cheap.). Nigerians won't decide to pay N10000 for popular side self.

Also, there is TV rights money. EPL from the word go sold its TV rights to SKY for a five year, 304 million pounds deal in 1992, and the recent deal is worth 5.3 billion pounds. No media house in Nigeria or africa has that money lying around for such a deal.

I get your point but know...They didn't get to selling high tickets in a day....if we work with a 30 year plan, our tickets could go for as much as 50k naira as well. We need to be intentional as a country
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Femeto: 10:24pm On Feb 13, 2022
Lanrelagboi:

Ticket was free
Na sand full that pitch
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Havisco: 3:38am On Feb 14, 2022
premierlead:
Thank your star it doesn't involved Kano pillar, nasarawa united or any of this jihadist/terrorist club side, you would have blamed yourself for leaving Lag for Abeokuta

Your generation get problem. Na ontop Islam matter you go perish. Since your generation have developed bitter attitude towards Islam has it added any good things to your generation or crush down Islam? You will just die one day out of heart attack due to your hatred for Islam. Give yourself peace low man.
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Havisco: 4:00am On Feb 14, 2022
Elsueno:

U know comments like these just make me wonder, why are majority of you from the south east have genetic hate for northerners especially Muslims.... Alternatively, the average aboki doesn't even care about u guys....Si, why do u hate them soo much?

It’s not aboki or Northerners he hate, It’s islam, I hope he doesn’t run mad In mean time because once you have too much hatred for what you can’t control, you loose your cool, it’s either you run mad or commit suicide.
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by youngcity: 7:44am On Feb 14, 2022
Bad man... I can relate

Maxxim:
Stadium that year, I don miss Abk
Re: My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match by Maxxim: 7:59am On Feb 14, 2022
youngcity:
Bad man... I can relate

Naso grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stanley Nwabali Visits His Grassroot Club Chairman, Felix Obuah / Asisat Oshoala's Mother Is Dead (Video) / ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.