Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,517 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Can The Finance Minister Remove The CBN Governor? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can The Finance Minister Remove The CBN Governor? (9857 Views)

China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor / Ezekwesili Or Soludo Likely To Be CBN Governor, To Replace Emefiele - Guardian / If We Devalue Naira Again, We Will Kill Nigerians, Says CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The Finance Minister Remove The CBN Governor? by ebere1712: 2:51am On Jun 26, 2011
I dont care about sanusi or okonjo, none of them have made any significant contribution to the common man's life. My worry is about the 12billion dollar debt that we owed. What were they used for. Nigerian government (note not Nigerians) are living above their means, and that is what is causing so much problems for us. borrowing money to perform recurrent things like building roads and payment of salary is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. common-sense says if you cant afford it, don't do it. Live within your means. Their should be more conservative limit to what a government can borrow. Some of these loans that are borrowed are not serviceable. This, plus non-transparency of the fiscal behaviour of our government is what we should start crying foul about. And one wonders why their is no improvement in the life of the common man. The latest trend now, is to award contracts to foreign firms, who in turn import their poorly skilled workers to work in government awarded contracts. Nigerians are not serious yet. I would personally prefer that government live within their means and not borrow any money from anybody. If you cant pay your teachers, let private schools run the show, if you don't have money to build roads, giddy up and do something to raise money. Because these people can easily run to the IMF and other co thieves to borrow money, they have become lazy and fiscally mischievous. What is the evident result of the following;poor infrastructural development, morons in government, and a stagnant society.
Re: Can The Finance Minister Remove The CBN Governor? by EzeUche1(m): 3:36am On Jun 26, 2011
We the Christians of the East do not want Islamic banking!

That is why I hate being in this country. We don't want it, but it is being forced on us just like the OIC! angry
Re: Can The Finance Minister Remove The CBN Governor? by chamber2(m): 9:53am On Jun 26, 2011
Chairman, Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN), Kaduna State chapter, Bishop David Bakare, has advised Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, to resign from office before advocating the introduction of Islamic banking in the country.

In a statement yesterday in Kaduna, Bishop Bakare said that Sanusi would be better off in the Islamic banking agenda if he (Sanusi) were a religious leader.

The fire-spitting cleric therefore, advised the CBN boss to choose between the idea of Islamic banking and his job at the nation’s apex bank, saying that advocating for a religious banking at this time of political crisis in the country could aggravate the tensed situation.

According to the statement, “Honestly, if Governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi had done this advocacy for Islamic banking as a religious leader, it would have made a better sense than as a government official. Therefore, Sanusi should come out and tell the nation whose errand he is running and for who he speaks; is it for himself, Islam, or government of Nigeria?

“The PFN, Kaduna State, strongly condemns the Central Bank governor’s Islamic banking agenda at a time like this in Nigeria when we are still battling to douse the tension created by the last ‘political’ crisis with all the evident religious manifestations.“This obviously is an insensitive and reckless act of the highest order coming from such a high ranking officer of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“No right thinking Nigerian would ordinarily venture into such a sensitive matter at any time in such a nation like Nigeria without an evil motive to create more tension in the nation or worse still to start another religious fighting such as had never been before in this nation.“Somebody, please, help tell Sanusi to let the sleeping dog lie, and not put the nation into another avoidable distraction and dangerous crisis. We call on President Goodluck Jonathan not to wait until trouble begins before acting,” Bishop Bakare said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/june/26/national-26-06-2011-002.html
Re: Can The Finance Minister Remove The CBN Governor? by chamber2(m): 9:54am On Jun 26, 2011
Sanusi is just senseless
Re: Can The Finance Minister Remove The CBN Governor? by DisGuy: 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2011
you'd think someone will quote economists, bankers or manufacturers but NAAA they will bring press releases of BISHOPS like what are you smoking mate?
Re: Can The Finance Minister Remove The CBN Governor? by DisGuy: 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2011
EzeUche!:

We the Christians of the East do not want Islamic banking!

That is why I hate being in this country. We don't want it, but it is being forced on us just like the OIC! angry

there are over 20 banks in Nigeria, why are you itching for a bank that doesn't even have a branch anywhere near you, even unity bank that is seen as a northern bank do you bank there?

Weird that Christian universities in Nigeria makes it compulsory for 'all' students to go for 'holy worship' and no agenda or script brouhaha
Re: Can The Finance Minister Remove The CBN Governor? by naijaking1: 1:59pm On Jun 26, 2011
Dis Guy:

there are over 20 banks in Nigeria, why are you itching for a bank that doesn't even have a branch anywhere near you, even unity bank that is seen as a northern bank do you bank there?

Weird that Christian universities in Nigeria makes it compulsory for 'all' students to go for 'holy worship' and no agenda or script brouhaha

What
What in the world is holy worship? You really don't know what you're saying. Would you care to explain what you mean by holy worship?
Re: Can The Finance Minister Remove The CBN Governor? by DisGuy: 2:18pm On Jun 26, 2011
all students are required to go for prayers- they call it different names obviously
Re: Can The Finance Minister Remove The CBN Governor? by rasqman: 2:33pm On Jun 26, 2011
I strongly believe there is nothing wrong with Nigeria but many things wrong with nigerians.i am a member of MFM i support islamic banking,ok to truncate dis argument i re-christen the nomenclature as"CHRISTIANITY BANKING".My people it is time we have a common ground on issue that will affect everybody positive cos unemployment,poverty,hunger,insecurity,etc have nothing to do with religion,infact if there is something like "HERBALIST ELECTRICITY" for power to be stable in nigeria i support

'HERBALIST ELECTRICITY' grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can The Finance Minister Remove The CBN Governor? by Vickivicki(m): 10:59am On Jun 27, 2011
rasqman:

I strongly believe there is nothing wrong with Nigeria but many things wrong with nigerians.i am a member of MFM i support islamic banking,ok to truncate dis argument i re-christen the nomenclature as"CHRISTIANITY BANKING".My people it is time we have a common ground on issue that will affect everybody positive cos unemployment,poverty,hunger,insecurity,etc have nothing to do with religion,infact if there is something like "HERBALIST ELECTRICITY" for power to be stable in nigeria i support

'HERBALIST ELECTRICITY' grin grin grin grin grin grin

Now we are getting somewhere
Re: Can The Finance Minister Remove The CBN Governor? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 27, 2011
This little boy called NAMFAV how old are you, you talk like a spoilt fulani brat undecided, why are you picking on this woman. 1/10 page of her qualification is far better than ur sanusi's that went to almajiri school. This OP question has nothing to do with her.
Re: Can The Finance Minister Remove The CBN Governor? by nagoma(m): 11:16pm On Jun 27, 2011
She can ( when she becomes Minister) but she won't because she will find him more useful & more proactive than what she had in her previous ministerial life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Attention: Take A Look At My Bank Account In This Hard Times (screenshot) / Zuckerberg In Nigeria: How “doing Business” Will Change Africa / What You Need To Know Before Starting A Yahoo Boy Business: Nairathreads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.