Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father (23855 Views)

What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job / How I Nearly Lost My Job (A Lesson For Perverts) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Aaay: 3:45pm On Feb 15, 2022
Really
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Timidangote(m): 3:46pm On Feb 15, 2022
Op share your contact. I'm going through same thing as you, we can find a solution together.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Bamzyriches451: 3:53pm On Feb 15, 2022
Damn!!
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Carot: 3:54pm On Feb 15, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Oga you never ready to stop.
I use yo play virtual sport bet. One day after winning, I just told my self that, that was the last day. I am going to play Virtual and I will just be playing sport bet alone. I have stopped virtual even the sport bet, no dey move me again.
i get six sure odds for you. Dont miss this opportunity
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by cliqtips: 3:59pm On Feb 15, 2022
Please what kind of gambling ?

Yankeeboy02:
I just want to share my story to the world.
When I graduated, I was so blessed that I didn’t hurt for job, before I got one. I was working in the bank and was paid well, within a year I rented an apartment and got married, things was falling in place and I felt on top of the world before I started gambling, how I started it, I can’t explain. I lost all my resources and money within two years, I was sacked eventually and life became worst for me.
I got another job and promised my wife, family and kids to be a responsible father, but the urge for gambling keep coming, I couldn’t control the urge, I lost the job again.
My wife believed am a good man, but I see myself like am cursed and it is not that am getting money from the gambling.
I am sick and tired of life, I am a failure, sometimes I feel like committing suicide, I have brought shame to my family and kids.
Please I need help, am jobless, money can’t stay in my hand, I will go to gambling shop and lavish it.
Am I cursed, I need help
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Laxy009(m): 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2022
Go get a new job and disclose your monthly net pay to your wife.

Go to your bank and initiate a standing order that a specific amount of the net pay should go to your wife’s account. You may say 80-90% should hit your wife’s account . And your wife should not give you any money or lend you any money. Except the circumstances is very important and your wife will have to oversee that .

Set a limit for your betting activities.

The only fund you should have in your account should be the funds that will get you to work for the month and the limit amount you have set aside for your betting activities if you’re still interested in your betting activities .

Stop looking for sudden wealth ;when you look for sudden wealth you tend to lose more money and make you more poor than you imagine . Betting is based on luck most of the times. Betting is not work .

I would advice you to invest than looking for ways to get rich quick .

Shalom !!!

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by backnbeta(f): 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2022
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I think you are suffering from spiritual attacks. We Christians tend to gamble more because our religion is very permissible and habours many bad acts unlike our Muslim brothers who are guided by the tenets of Islam. sad
Alfaa mumuni is back... Jesus will touch you and you'll truly and surely become that christian you're claiming grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Favmil101(m): 4:05pm On Feb 15, 2022
First off...
Working on your thoughts will really help.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Damaug: 4:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
[quote author=Yankeeboy02

A demon is involved. The demon is manipulating your mind. Your predicament is spiritual. Trust me, you can't help yourself. All you need do is to humble yourself the more by going on 3 days fasting and prayer and ask God to help and deliver you. Having done that, discipline yourself never to visit the gambling shop again..

Sorry for the loses..
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by na2016: 4:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
elpochas:
OP it all depends on you,hear my own story.I was a Chronic Gambler,i played both Visual and Cions combined at same time From morning till night.Each Cions cost 1hundred naira plus visual stake,jst imagine what i spent everyday plus the standing,sweating,shouting plus mental exhaustion everyday.I starting matiating seriously,i got up on the 31st day of Dec 2016 looked at myself and swore never to play those Evils again.Till 2day hv nt looked back.
If i can do it you to can take dat decision,or if you wanna go d hard way just go to a juction and swear dat anyday u Gamble again let Motor hit you,i bet you wheneva u wanna gamble and Remember that swear fear wont let you do it.

OP, read and reflect on this. this thing is in your mind, once u make up ur mind, u will stop it.[b][/b]
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by lereinter(m): 4:21pm On Feb 15, 2022
How do you see gambling

Sin, investment, fun

If you don't see it as sin it will be hard for you to stop
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Yankeeboy02: 4:33pm On Feb 15, 2022
Right now am at home crying, seriously in pain, each time I see my son call me daddy and telling me I love you, I just break down and weep....what kind of father am I, since I lost all my resources none of my family call or want to associate with me, my wife has been my only companion, she knows this is not the man she married and think believe I can rise again, but I have lost hope, if I tell you ow much I lost within the space of three years, it giving me headache
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by fof1: 4:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
When I graduated, I was so blessed that I didn’t hurt for job, before I got one. I was working in the bank and was paid well, within a year I rented an apartment and got married, things was falling in place and I felt on top of the world before I started gambling, how I started it, I can’t explain. I lost all my resources and money within two years, I was sacked eventually and life became worst for me.
I got another job and promised my wife, family and kids to be a responsible father, but the urge for gambling keep coming, I couldn’t control the urge, I lost the job again.
My wife believed am a good man, but I see myself like am cursed and it is not that am getting money from the gambling.
I am sick and tired of life, I am a failure, sometimes I feel like committing suicide, I have brought shame to my family and kids.
Please I need help, am jobless, money can’t stay in my hand, I will go to gambling shop and lavish it.
Am I cursed, I need help

KEEP ASKING URSELF SILLY QUESTIONS...! My Advice...Give Ur Life to Jesus Christ Now that, ur Eyes are Clear of ur IRRESPONSIBLE Behaviours that hurts. GAMBLING is a Sin...any Genuine Believer will accede to. Go for Deliverance in a Church like Chosen and God will Terminate that illicit Urge to Err. Surrender UR HEART TO THE SAVIOUR OF MANKIND NOW.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Joyceogechi(f): 4:45pm On Feb 15, 2022
Chat me up on Whatsapp let's discuss 07014813820

quote author=Yankeeboy02 post=110233040]I just want to share my story to the world.
Am I cursed, I need help[/quote]
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Deldrax29: 4:47pm On Feb 15, 2022
My advice is: Try as much as possible to convince yourself that you will never win. So, when the urge comes again, remind yourself that you will never win no matter what, if you play. Then divert the money somewhere else.

Another one is silly. Put rubber band on your hand, whenever... I mean WHENEVER the thought comes, even if you don't want to bet yet, just pull the rubber band inflict pain on your hand grin. With time(21 days at most) I assure you the thought won't come to you again
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Bolsman(m): 4:56pm On Feb 15, 2022
Common man! It had really ruined you. You have to stop it by all means. Nobody can help you stop it. Except you! Just take a look at what it had caused you to lose. From car to land. That's outrageous. Stop what's not helping you.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by iamjahmeyou(m): 4:56pm On Feb 15, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Oga you never ready to stop.
I use yo play virtual sport bet. One day after winning, I just told my self that, that was the last day. I am going to play Virtual and I will just be playing sport bet alone. I have stopped virtual even the sport bet, no dey move me again.

Quitting is not easy but possible
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by dalass(f): 5:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
Gamesmart:

You are not that smart if you think pray works for you.

You are not that smart if you think the place called United States of America is "blessed". You obviously have not travelled out of Nigeria much.

You are not that smart if you think there are not many other people who pray more than America and remain unblessed (e.g. Shithole Nigeria).

You are not that smart if you think by me saying "useless black people", I meant "all black people".

I deduced all these powerful points from just 4 sentences you made. That should really make you review your brain.

Don't ever quote me again

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by pcaliphate(m): 5:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
Am I cursed, I need help

Please Chat me on whatsapp 07063205899. GOD Is In Control. I have something for You.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by pcaliphate(m): 5:11pm On Feb 15, 2022
Timidangote:
Op share your contact. I'm going through same thing as you, we can find a solution together.

Please chat me on Whatsapp (07063205899). I have been there and I want to share with you how I escaped the cage.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by DJInfluence: 5:37pm On Feb 15, 2022
You need to see a good therapist to help you combat the gambling issue. Anybody that tells you one religion or the other can help you with this is deceiving you or themselves or both. For your suicide thoughts and feeling of low esteem, it's the same thing. Please go see a therapist. Even a professional therapist can't help you with a single session, so i don't see how anyone can help you here when they are not trained for it or even know anything about you to be giving advice.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Gamesmart: 5:38pm On Feb 15, 2022
Nairanation2:
Hi man. U're nt alone in this, trust me. It's a problem u can effectively tackle using d right approach. In as much as gambling is seen as devil's workshop in this part of d world, it's one of d best ways to make cool money if carefully done. It should be treated as an investment & not just some opportunistic chances of making money. U need to stop it for now & thoroughly evaluate everything. In crypto world, there are very important tools that can help u make d appropriate decisions in d market so as to reduce risks to d bearest minimum. Same thing applies to gambling,trust me. There are very important tools that can help u make very bankable predictions & u'll hardly lose. Sure 1.50 odds everyday can make u a millionaire in just one month if u start with just #5k. Greed is d number one reason why many lose. Mail me for some hints: proffesor4luv@gmail.com

Nigerian "yoots" are the dumbest and most useless in the World. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

It really does not get dafter than this. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by aktolly54(m): 5:38pm On Feb 15, 2022
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I think you are suffering from spiritual attacks. We Christians tend to gamble more because our religion is very permissible and habours many bad acts unlike our Muslim brothers who are guided by the tenets of Islam. sad
yes most Muslim don't drink because of their religion belief but that don't make them better than us ( Christian) that drink . During Muslim fasting period, we know how hotel dey also short patronage because Muslim do adultery pass
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by lebete3000: 5:43pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
When I graduated, I was so blessed that I didn’t hurt for job, before I got one. I was working in the bank and was paid well, within a year I rented an apartment and got married, things was falling in place and I felt on top of the world before I started gambling, how I started it, I can’t explain. I lost all my reisources and money within two years, I was sacked eventually and life became worst for me.
Am I cursed, I need help

My own na alcohol wan finish me...
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Yankeeboy02: 5:49pm On Feb 15, 2022
pcaliphate:

Please Chat me on whatsapp 07063205899. GOD Is In Control. I have something for You.
Baba thank you for the call....you give me hope, tears in my eyes, but I believe with all u said , I can rise again.
One love
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by foreverproduct: 5:54pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
Am I cursed, I need help

What you really need is Jesus. Surrender to Him let him take the driver's seat in your life. A life without Christ is in crisis.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by foreverproduct: 5:54pm On Feb 15, 2022
lebete3000:

My own na alcohol wan finish me...

Jesus can set you free. Accept Him genuinely today.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by edoman2016: 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
Right now am at home crying, seriously in pain, each time I see my son call me daddy and telling me I love you, I just break down and weep....what kind of father am I, since I lost all my resources none of my family call or want to associate with me, my wife has been my only companion, she knows this is not the man she married and think believe I can rise again, but I have lost hope, if I tell you ow much I lost within the space of three years, it giving me headache
Your wife is not a good woman. When you were selling your land, car, etc , why didn't she stop you against selling your properties for gambling? She should have been very firm with you. There is no way she won't be aware during the period
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by balowo(m): 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2022
This is just a fake story just to discourage others
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by mhozzis(m): 6:55pm On Feb 15, 2022
If it's sports betting.

1. Stop funding your wallet
2. Pick games like you want to gamble
3. Screenshot your slip and save
4. Review the games won/lost after
5. Once again never fund your wallet

You get the same thrill as betting with actual money.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Olaideolayemi(m): 7:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
I want to stop, I pray and cry to God daily
I can’t point to anything I have achieved at my age, I have lost everything,my car , my land , I am losing my marriage.
Everyday I just wish God can take me away, emotionally down
There's solutions to your problems, You're having spiritual problems..Which religion are you..If you believed in God,That spirit will leave you.. It's spiritual attack, that's affecting you..
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Olaideolayemi(m): 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2022
Please be precise,how do you lost your first job and second job?To me,there are forces disturbing you,You need to fight them to regain your life, before they destory you..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Mechanic, Mrs. Sandra Aguebor Gets Inspirational Award From Ambode (photos) / Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Car Mechanic Is Changing The World / Would You Sleep With Your Boss To Secure Your Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.