Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,985 members, 7,821,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles (14583 Views)

Thieves Stealing Toyota, Lexus Vehicles Using Key Fob 'Relay' / This Is How Much Your Toyota Corolla Engine Will Cost You In Ladipo / Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles by calculation(m): 4:49pm On Jun 24, 2023
godwinchuka:

Nope, i have not heard from him, am not suprised tho, i knew he wouldn’t return it, that gearbox is still working perfectly in his car as we speak. He just wanted to destroy my name all because I wouldn’t yield to his unreasonable demands
You mean it!!! I expect him to present the gear for your refund.
Sorry for my earlier post, it means the gear is okay for him just as you stated. At least you have done your best for him as seller

1 Like

Re: Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles by ONNYX: 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2023
flejnr2:

It took you 7months to gather 500k to buy gear box from Godwin and a month to gather 500k to buy a replacement , Oga fear God

Yes that is what happened. You can deduce whatever you like from that scenario but that is how it was.

However, the eyes you use to read are yours, your brain and it's development are also yours, so is your experiencing. Even imbeciles are entitled to their opinion.
Re: Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles by ONNYX: 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2023
godwinchuka:
Around March last year, this man called me requesting a 13pin gear box for his car, i sold to him at 320k because he was very persuasive and all he even promised to help me sell lots of gearbox on nairaland if i sold to him at 300k but i couldnt because market price was at 350k, then original oil was 17k for 4litres which he is going to buy 8litres, my mechanic was collecting 25k for fixing around that time, we agreed on price and everything, he requested for my acct and all and said he was going to make payment the following day. I waited but i didnt hear from him, only for him to contact 8months later to tell me he had some personal issues which I wouldn’t want to state publicly, at the time the gearbox was at 400k to 420k market price. He explained all his personal issues to me trying to lobby me into reducing price for him i later agreed to sell at 390k for him to buy because i wanted him to help me in boosting sales on nairaland like he promised, pls note that by the time he called for the gear 8months later prices of every item and service has increased the mechanics were now collecting 35k instead of 25k, the original T4 oil rose from 17k to 55k for 4litres

I don't think the issue here is the price I bought the gearbox for.

Indeed I had a lot of issues last year and found it difficult to put the required money together for the gearbox. This experience should have at least persuaded you to give me a good or at least functional gearbox.

I can also confirm that I pleaded with you for a discount at that time which you claim you provided. I have no issues with your account of how this transaction played out.

I only brought this matter here because you refused to do the needful. As stated earlier I fulfilled my own part of the transaction in full. I paid the agreed amount for the gearbox, I paid for the mechanic in full )recall that even this payment was directly to your account), I bought the prescribed gear oil (97k). I did all the above hopeful that with your assurances and guarantee you provided this would be a one investment that would pay off as I would use the gearbox for a few years before it would require a replacement.

Less than 24 hours after the gearbox was fixed I called to complain that it wasn't functioning properly. I also called the mechanic that fixed the gearbox and he told me that it was an oil circulation matter that after driving for a while it would perform as expected.

I still called you to complain that the gearbox was failing as it was skipping gears. You then said that the mechanic would have to come back. I agreed to this. You however said that the cost of the mechanic coming back would be mine and I told you clearly that I would not pay for a repeat job just days after parting with a hefty amount for labour.

I made it clear that the choice of mechanic was yours and it was predicated on the guarantee I had requested for. You insisted that the mechanic would only come if I paid another fee. The mechanic on his own part was claiming that this was an electrical fault. I remember clearly telling you that I would not invite anybody else to inspect/or touch that gear so that we don't void the indemnity you gave us.

Severally, I called you and you refused to budge. Eventually, you refused to pick my calls.

At that point I realized that I had been scammed. Yes, you are a softspoken educated trader but you are also very unreliable and untrustworthy like many other traders in that market. One would have thought that with your appearance on Nairaland you would have tried to make a difference.

How wrong was I?
Re: Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles by ONNYX: 5:00pm On Jun 25, 2023
I must say that in contrast to what many may think, my intention has never been to damage this man's business but I owe it to myself to let others know what my experience with this man was.

It took me over 6 months of weighing back and forth the propriety of publishing my experience here. Eventually, it swung in favour of a full disclosure. While I know that many people will have doubts as per my intentions but I need to make this public for the sake of others who are thinking of dealing with him. The choice will eventually be theirs but they will also have to bear the consequences headlong. It's just a warning to be careful with the guy as his word is not his bond.

For those of you who have counter reacted and testified to having a good experience with him then I would say you were lucky....or perhaps I was unlucky. But I have since pulled myself up bought another gearbox and moved on. I just have pangs of regret.

For the avoidance of doubt, I have bought several items through this platform....some cheaper and some more expensive. This is the most dubious experience I have had and I decided to bring it up.
Re: Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles by ONNYX: 5:09pm On Jun 25, 2023
I really do not know what to make of his attempt at image laundering. How can you ask me after 6 months to bring back the old gearbox. This further process the point that you are a barefaced liar and perhaps even worse. You are indeed a big SCAMMER. This is the more reason people should be very careful with you. Who keeps a defective gearbox for 6 months?

When you deceived me into buying your re-worked gearbox did you not buy off my old unit as part of the condition for the discount that you gave me?

Did you honestly expect me to keep the bad gearbox you sold to me as a momento of our dealings? Even you know that is not possible.

Why didn't you ask me to return the gearbox in January, or even in February before I stopped calling you? For those who need to understand clearer the prevailing practice is that in purchasing a gearbox and engines in Ladipo, the old gearbox is purchased from you or the price of the 'new' one is discounted in return for the old one.
Re: Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles by ONNYX: 5:12pm On Jun 25, 2023
Finally,I am a very busy person and may not have time to post elaborate replies regarding this. All I want to do here is recount my experience for all to hear so that they are forewarned before committing to the OP.

Deal with him if you chose to buy do so with my experience at the back of your mind.

From time to time, I will come back here as my schedule permits to remind everyone of this gory experience I went through in the hands of a very deceitful and fraudulent trader.
Re: Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles by calculation(m): 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2023
ONNYX:
Finally,I am a very busy person and may not have time to post elaborate replies regarding this. All I want to do here is recount my experience for all to hear so that they are forewarned before committing to the OP.

Deal with him if you chose to buy do so with my experience at the back of your mind.

From time to time, I will come back here as my schedule permits to remind everyone of this gory experience I went through in the hands of a very deceitful and fraudulent trader.
NOTED
Re: Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles by juwon06: 9:10pm On Jul 16, 2023
godwinchuka how much is 2010 corolla gearbox?
Re: Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles by femadelim: 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2023
Please how much is Gearbox for Toyota Sienna 2003 Model
Re: Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles by godwinchuka(m): 7:20pm On Jan 07
There is no better time than the start of a new year to reflect on our journey together. Thank you for trusting us and allowing us to be a part of your success. Wishing you a prosperous and fulfilling year ahead.

Re: Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles by Ximenes45(m): 9:21am On Jan 26
Good morning, please how much is 2AZ engine for 2007 rav4? Thanks

godwinchuka:

Tokunbo Engine - 400k
Tokunbo Top Cylinder iron gasket 2AZ - 70k
13pin 4plugs - 300k
Re: Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles by xcuggsm(m): 8:06am On Jan 29
How much is Toyota 1GR V6 engine for a 2004 4Runner?
Re: Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles by Breeze32: 12:16am On Feb 18
Please how much is toyota sienna 2005 complete engine and gear?
Re: Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles by miniziter(m): 4:14am On Feb 18
How much is 2ZR I.e corolla 2009.
Re: Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles by ONNYX: 8:47pm On Feb 27
godwinchuka:
There is no better time than the start of a new year to reflect on our journey together. Thank you for trusting us and allowing us to be a part of your success. Wishing you a prosperous and fulfilling year ahead.

So you are back to continue creating woes for people in 2024?

It's alright. I am also back to let them know what they are up against.

That way they are forewarned. Perhaps this will also keep you on your toes and motivate you into changing and offering people a better deal than what you have me.

1 Like

Re: Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles by tubabs2002(m): 2:31pm On Feb 29
Please how much does a Toyota venza 2010 gear cost, the car is V4
Re: Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles by 2shure: 5:00pm On Feb 29
No one should buy any gear box from this man. Gear and engines are all trash. Condemned trash. Do not buy any gear and engine from any igbo man. They are all thieves and they die a miserable death. I have no pity for them.thieves .all thieves at ladipo.thieves

2 Likes

Re: Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles by Babatundehy: 9:46am On Mar 02
2shure:
No one should buy any gear box from this man. Gear and engines are all trash. Condemned trash. Do not buy any gear and engine from any igbo man. They are all thieves and they die a miserable death. I have no pity for them.thieves .all thieves at ladipo.thieves
😂
Re: Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles by Babatundehy: 9:48am On Mar 02
ONNYX:

So you are back to continue creating woes for people in 2024?

It's alright. I am also back to let them know what they are up against.

That way they are forewarned. Perhaps this will also keep you on your toes and motivate you into changing and offering people a better deal than what you have me.
💔

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Innoson: 5 Modern Accessories In The IVM G80 / Toyota Camry Transmission Issue / Mazda Unveils Vision Coupe Concept Car At 2017 Tokyo Motor Show

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.