Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

A Question Which No Christian Can Answer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question Which No Christian Can Answer (685 Views)

What Is The Worst Sin A Christian Can Commit / Five Reasons Why No Christian Should Commit Sucide / Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question Which No Christian Can Answer by faithsurvey: 5:15pm On Feb 15, 2022
The FAMOUS EPIC question which NO CHRISTIAN can answer

In the below video, Shaykh Ahmed Deedat's (may Allah be pleased with him) THE FAMOUS EPIC question which NO CHRISTIAN can answer , "Show us where Jesus said ":

"I am God" or
"Worship Me".

There are passages in the CHRISTIAN bible which are ambiguous and not in the words of Jesus which the CHRISTIANS are using to claim and say that Jesus is God. But there is no clear-cut passage in the bible where Jesus himself says He is God or Jesus himself tells people to worship him.

This is a relevant question because the salvation or otherwise of billions depend upon this question answered correctly. The question, once again,

"Show us where Jesus said " "I am God" or "Worship Me".

Instead of this, hear Jesus, as stated in Luke 4:8

Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’”

Also in John 20:17, Jesus is reportedly saying " my God"

“Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the (God). Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to.... my God and your God.’”

Also note Jesus saying our God in Mark 12:29:

“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

There are hundred verses like these in Bible, but let us see just one more:

“And when he was gone forth into the way there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, good master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? [b]And Jesus said unto him, why callest thou me good? There is none Good but one, that is God. (Mark 10:17-18; Luke18: 18-19 and Mathew 19:16-17)[/b]

In the Quran it is said by God, the Creator and Sustainer of all things:

"And when God said, “O Jesus son of Mary! Didst thou say unto mankind, “Take me and my mother as gods apart from God?” [Jesus son of Mary] said, “Glory be to Thee! It is not for me to utter that to which I have no right. Had I said it, Thou wouldst surely have known it. Thou knowest what is in my self and I know not what is in Thy Self. Truly it is Thou Who knowest best the things unseen. I said naught to them save that which Thou commanded me: “Worship God, my Lord and your Lord.” And I was a witness over them, so long as I remained among them. And Thou art Witness over all things. If Thou punisheth them they are indeed Thy servants, but if Thou forgiveth them, then indeed Thou art the Mighty, the Wise.” (5:116-118)

For a full perspective on the debate, please watch the full debate for a full context. Debate between Pastor Stanley Sjoberg and Ahmed Deedat (may Allah confer mercy upon him). Muslim Debate Initiative. IPCI

Watch the video by clicking [url=https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DGkVi_bSUwzI&ved=2ahUKEwiY8ojmmIb2AhXEx4UKHfWrAj8QwqsBegQICRAF&usg=AOvVaw2MPyfbz-8NzZGTP29nZyxX]HERE[/url]
Re: A Question Which No Christian Can Answer by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:39pm On Feb 15, 2022
It's misinformed Churchgoers you should ask such questions not Christians! wink

2 Likes

Re: A Question Which No Christian Can Answer by Dtruthspeaker: 6:04pm On Feb 15, 2022
faithsurvey:
The FAMOUS EPIC question which NO CHRISTIAN can answer

... , "Show us where Jesus said "I am God" or "Worship Me"...

Of course it is one of the top 100 most stupidest question on earth that a person could ask.

Everyone sees what happens in Luke7:38, demons fear Him, sicknesses obey Him, the sea obeyed Him and even death obeyed Him.

If that does not show you Who He is, then you do not deserve to have eyes and brain.

1 Like

Re: A Question Which No Christian Can Answer by Truvelisback(m): 11:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
Kings don't announce themselves, it is people that announces them. So, Stop saying nonsense. John the Baptist called Him God. Thomas called Jesus, My Lord and My God. Jesus didn't rebuke him. Jesus was worshipped.

1 Like

Re: A Question Which No Christian Can Answer by AntiChristian: 9:10am On Feb 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Of course it is one of the top 100 most stupidest question on earth that a person could ask.

Everyone sees what happens in Luke7:38, demons fear Him, sicknesses obey Him, the sea obeyed Him and even death obeyed Him.

If that does not show you Who He is, then you do not deserve to have eyes and brain.

Yeah, even when Jesus was asked are you God. He was afraid to call himself God.

Jesus called himself son of God several times in the Bible. But why can't he call himself God for once? And even nowhere was he referred to as "Yahweh". All the "God" or "Lord" Jesus was called were words also was used for Prophets, Masters and Angels.

1. I don't know why Christians like interpreting their Bible as such:
No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Mark 13:32
No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.Matthew 24:36
Three people were mentioned by Jesus above: 1. Angels 2. the Son and 3. the Father.
Only the father is omniscient. The son and the angels are not!

The son are the father are not equal nor the same here.

2.When John was baptising Jesus in Matthew 3:7
And a voice from heaven said, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased!”
Was it Jesus himself talking from heaven while on earth?

3.And when your Jesus was dying on the cross he claimed his father has forsaken him (Eli, Eli Lama Sabachthani). How can he be the father and claim this?

4. Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’” John 20:17
This implies:
a. Jesus's father was his God.
b. Jesus's father was their father and God.
Re: A Question Which No Christian Can Answer by AntiChristian: 9:30am On Feb 16, 2022
Truvelisback:
Kings don't announce themselves, it is people announces Kings. So, Stop saying nonsense. John the Baptist called Him God. Thomas called Jesus, My Lord and My God. Jesus didn't rebuke him. Jesus was worshipped.

Jesus did announced himself just not as God!

1. Where did John the Baptist call Jesus God? And what was the word that was translated to that "God".

2. Thomas did call Jesus God but what word was translated as that "God".

"Theos" that was used by Thomas and translated as "God" for Jesus was also used for a Roman Governor in Acts 12:22 and even for the devil in 2 Cor 4:4.

And this follows from the Old testament Jacob wrestles with "God". It was not really God but an angel a representative of God (Hosea 12:14, Gen 17: 7-13.

In Psalm 82:6, “I said, ‘You are “gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.’

"gods" here was translated from "Elohim"

Are you "Elohim"?
Does the verse make any sense to you?
Re: A Question Which No Christian Can Answer by Truvelisback(m): 10:47am On Feb 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

Jesus did announced himself just not as God!

1. Where did John the Baptist call Jesus God? And what was the word that was translated to that "God".

2. Thomas did call Jesus God but what word was translated as that "God".

"Theos" that was used by Thomas and translated as "God" for Jesus was also used for a Roman Governor in Acts 12:22 and even for the devil in 2 Cor 4:4.

And this follows from the Old testament Jacob wrestles with "God". It was not really God but an angel a representative of God (Hosea 12:14, Gen 17: 7-13.

In Psalm 82:6, “I said, ‘You are “gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.’

"gods" here was translated from "Elohim"

Are you "Elohim"?
Does the verse make any sense to you?
Where u the one that translated it to Theos? Which Bible is that? That Bible must be demonic? Read John1:1 downward.
Re: A Question Which No Christian Can Answer by AntiChristian: 11:16am On Feb 16, 2022
Truvelisback:
Where u the one that translated it to Theos? Which Bible is that? That Bible must be demonic? Read John1:1 downward.

The Book of John was not authored by John the Baptist but John the apostle/Evangelist.

Why make such blunder here? lipsrsealed

Your Bible was not originally English. It was translated to English. There is nothing like small/Capital "g" god and God in Hebrew or Greek! Your Bible translators used that according to their understanding and what they hope to achieve.

And you need to answer the questions I asked before.
Re: A Question Which No Christian Can Answer by Wilddove(m): 11:25am On Feb 16, 2022
The same Bible you believe 've been corrupted is what u 're quoting and proving to be true . Now My question; if u really believe those verses you are quoting in order to suite your beliefs and ideas then why not believe the rest i mean... the bible as a whole? and if those verses you re' emphasising on, are true does it mean the Bible is authentic and still valid? if you have an answer then i will gladly show you where Jesus said he is God and should be worshipped.
Re: A Question Which No Christian Can Answer by AntiChristian: 11:30am On Feb 16, 2022
Wilddove:
The same Bible you believe 've been corrupted is what u 're quoting and proving to be true . Now My question; if u really believe those verses you are quoting in order to suite your beliefs and ideas then why not believe the rest i mean... the bible as a whole? and if those verses you emphasising on, are true does it mean the Bible is authentic and still valid? if you have an answer then i will gladly show you where Jesus said he is God and should be worshiped.

This is illogical. Where did you see anyone mention Bible is corrupt here? Face what the OP is saying and stop typing diversions!
Re: A Question Which No Christian Can Answer by Wilddove(m): 11:47am On Feb 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

This is illogical. Where did you see anyone mention Bible is corrupt here? Face what the OP is saying and stop typing diversions!
You re' not getting me i guess. Generally, does islam believe that the Bible ve' been corrupted YES/NO?
Re: A Question Which No Christian Can Answer by AntiChristian: 11:53am On Feb 16, 2022
Wilddove:
You re' not getting me i guess. Generally, does islam believe that the Bible ve' been corrupted YES/NO?

That's not what is being discussed here.
Re: A Question Which No Christian Can Answer by Wilddove(m): 1:56pm On Feb 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

[b]That's not what is being discussed here.[b]
lol. Then this que. is to be regarded as an absurd and obosolete piece. It's you that's seeing diversions, there is no diversion here, infact in the real sense it's simple logic which you termed illogical, and i just asked you a simple question so as to enable me answer you correctly And i have my reasons. I remember back then in a facebook group; they raised this same questions quoting same bible passages, fortunately, we dealt with it bibliogically and otherwise with crystal clear proves, only for them to start ranting and aggradizing their empty and self-contradicting inuitions. I will advise you guys to stop quoting and misinterpreting some bible passages just to astute, and setting an event for unending arguments. The truth is; if i start showing you what you asked, you will divert to an incoherent and insubstantial arguments, whereas you were the one that quoted bible verses in order to prove a point.
Re: A Question Which No Christian Can Answer by AntiChristian: 8:17am On Feb 17, 2022
Wilddove:
lol. Then this que. is to be regarded as an absurd and obosolete piece. It's you that's seeing diversions, there is no diversion here, infact in the real sense it's simple logic which you termed illogical, and i just asked you a simple question so as to enable me answer you correctly And i have my reasons. I remember back then in a facebook group; they raised this same questions quoting same bible passages, fortunately, we dealt with it bibliogically and otherwise with crystal clear proves, only for them to start ranting and aggradizing their empty and self-contradicting inuitions. I will advise you guys to stop quoting and misinterpreting some bible passages just to astute, and setting an event for unending arguments. The truth is; if i start showing you what you asked, you will divert to an incoherent and insubstantial arguments, whereas you were the one that quoted bible verses in order to prove a point.

If you can't answer related questions kindly stop my mentions. This is the sole reason many fail exams. Simple question they start answering another thing entirely.
Re: A Question Which No Christian Can Answer by Wilddove(m): 10:20am On Feb 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

If you can't answer related questions kindly stop my mentions. This is the sole reason many fail exams. Simple question they start answering another thing entirely.
thank God we are not in exam hall. Apparently; this que. is ambigous, so you don't just expect me to start quoting Jesus where he literally said we should worship him or he is God, it will be unwise of me having learnt my lessons, and i just told you that i 've dealt with this question before. Now this is my point, if i show you where Jesus said so you will not take it; so there is no need, because the bible you are quoting in order to disaprove our faith and tell us that Jesus said this and that is like a garbage to you, you dont believe in it, so stop ur persecutions and focus on ur religion, worship God the way u were taught and don't try to stop others or make mockery of them. I stay with muslims and we leave peacefully, with strong affinity. Selah.
Re: A Question Which No Christian Can Answer by AntiChristian: 10:22am On Feb 17, 2022
Wilddove:
thank God we are not in exam hall. Apparently; this que. is ambigous, so you don't just expect me to start quoting Jesus where he literally said we should worship him or he is God, it will be unwise of me having learnt my lessons, and i just told you that i 've dealt with this question before. Now this is my point, if i show you where Jesus said so you will not take it; so there is no need, because the bible you are quoting in order to disaprove our faith and tell us that Jesus said this and that is like a gabbage to you, you dont believe in it, so stop ur persecutions and focus on ur religion, worship God the way u were taught and don't try to stop others or make mockery of them. I stay with muslims and we leave peacefully, with strong affinity. Selah.

Chai! In the end you answered nothing!

(1) (Reply)

Prophecy: Tinubu Will Soon Die From His Illness / Why Did God Rain Curses On Adam And Eve Just Because They Ate The Forbidden Frui / Why did Judas betrayed Christ, is it because of the money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.