Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

My Problem With Bounce Rate - Personal Undersanding! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Problem With Bounce Rate - Personal Undersanding! (599 Views)

5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate / How To Reduce Bounce Rate: Ultimate Guide / Tweaking Google Analytics Code To Fix Bounce Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Problem With Bounce Rate - Personal Undersanding! by lagoshost(m): 9:51am On Jun 25, 2011
Hi,

Over the pass 5years, I have carefully studied all these SEO grammars and definitions.

Now, they made us to understanding that bounce rate below 35% is bad, but I have come to disagree with that.

Why, imaging me coming to nairaland and I know what I am looking for and where to get it. I just move straight to the section, pick the information and within 1 minute, I am out of the forum. This surely will increase the bounce rate but there is still nothing wrong with the forum.

So lets stop taking bounce rate as a negative thing.
Re: My Problem With Bounce Rate - Personal Undersanding! by yawatide(f): 11:59am On Jun 25, 2011
You have to understand that so-called "experts (well, I guess I should add "generally speaking" but I digress)" will come up with terms (in all fields) to justify their paychecks and to keep the money flowing.

As I tell people, I would rather have a bounce rate of 90% and make $100 from clicks than have 10% bounce rate and make $5. Bet me, next thing someone will say 10% and everyone will scramble and say it is the new norm, bending over backwards to satisfy that goal. This also applies to food. For example, they said at some point that red wine is bad for you. Few years later, it automatically is good for your heart.

Lesson of the day:
Be like a sift. Take in everything but let very little remain.

(1) (Reply)

Internet Information Server (IIS) And WAMP. / Help On Building A Theme For My Blog Site. / Please, Take A Look At This Blog And Tell Me What You Think (review)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.