Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) (70267 Views)

Court Orders Police To Produce Properties Seized From Matawalle’s Residence / 24 Properties Seized From A Top Military Officer By EFCC (Photos) / Uloma Nwosu's School Sealed By EFCC (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by mt77: 5:04pm On Feb 16, 2022
Rogues everywhere. Every opportunity seem to be used to amass and corner wealth ill-gottenly. What shall it profit a man if he corners the whole world but loses his soul? Nothing, no benefit. Contentment is important in the life of a man.
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by t2luv1: 5:06pm On Feb 16, 2022
Geeman2006:

What kind of hypocrisy is this.. Are people from other region corrupt free! Very dull comment.

Hypocrisy !!! What a nerve?

1 Like

Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by Diligent1(f): 5:15pm On Feb 16, 2022
DrGoodman:
One thing I have noticed, is that the north worships corruption. That's why they insist on electing and supporting corrupt people. Check buharri, Ganduje and almost all the Northern governors are very corrupt and supposed to be sitting inside a jail.

This Northern kleptomania is the reason they hang on to power, 3ven when it's obvious they have nothing to add to leadership, their greed is so deep that I don't understand.

Northern corruption has been fueling insecurity, check the possibility of missing guns, diverted bullets and bombs getting to Bandits and other criminals, these guys may even be selling guns bought with Niger Delta oil money to Mali, Niger and Chad.
I agree with you
Just few of them are good like Mohammed Buba Marwa
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by namo77: 5:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
One by one… all of them will be exposed and disgraced.
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by Princekunle10: 6:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Why are we so greedy?, How would only one person own all these properties?, Where's he today?, Vanity upon vanity all is vanity.

1 Like

Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by Talawaka: 6:31pm On Feb 16, 2022
lalasticlala:
The seized properties earlier reported belong to Late General Aminu Maude.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/02/16/efcc-update-late-general-aminu-maudes-ill-gotten-properties-in-pictures/%3famp=1

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/6989250/24-properties-seized-top-military

I'll await further confirmation that Aminu Maude is the avaricious military officer in question, as I don't trust the comprehension skills of some reporters at PM News grin

According to Punch, these properties belong to a serving officer.

According to the EFCC in a statement by its Spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, the officer used fronts including the late General Aminu Maude as well as companies such as Atlasfield Integrated Services Nigeria Limited, Marhaba Events Place, Aflac Plastics and Atlasfield Gas Plant Limited.
Source: https://punchng.com/efcc-seizes-properties-worth-n3bn-from-serving-military-officer/
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by MajorOvakporaye(f): 6:31pm On Feb 16, 2022
johnmartus:
Hey people are just looting public funds the way they like.

SHUT UP!!!

YOU CHEAP PAID AGENT
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by maasoap(m): 6:32pm On Feb 16, 2022
alsudan:
He would have taken the assets to his grave.

There are thousands of Aminu Kano in our MDAs and Military/Paramilitary raping this country blind, yet are untouchable because them never die.

And likewise, thousands of Alex Badeh
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 16, 2022
DrGoodman:
One thing I have noticed, is that the north worships corruption. That's why they insist on electing and supporting corrupt people. Check buharri, Ganduje and almost all the Northern governors are very corrupt and supposed to be sitting inside a jail.

This Northern kleptomania is the reason they hang on to power, 3ven when it's obvious they have nothing to add to leadership, their greed is so deep that I don't understand.

Northern corruption has been fueling insecurity, check the possibility of missing guns, diverted bullets and bombs getting to Bandits and other criminals, these guys may even be selling guns bought with Niger Delta oil money to Mali, Niger and Chad.
shut up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by maasoap(m): 6:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
DrGoodman:

Lol. Like their southern counterparts are any better. Haven't we seen nndc with its mega corruption, is their any corruption in Nigeria bigger than corruption taking place in nndc? 13% derivation over the years, nothing to show for it. Wake up, southerners are master of corruption, Northerners are just learning from them. Ask yourself why most southern states are in huge debts despite collecting bigger monthly allocations than their Northern counterparts with nothing to show?
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by afube: 6:45pm On Feb 16, 2022
DrGoodman:

Go and complain to Tinubu and his cohorts from the sophisticated west...na dem dey normally repackage fulani kleptomaniac Administration!!! Wealth without work...power without principles!! No wonder they are deluded that Lagos is a worthy example of a working liveable city......the day yorubas man up...the zoo go better
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by Adau123(m): 6:45pm On Feb 16, 2022
Benjaniblinks:
cry
He should have go with it to the grave
Mmmh a living dog is better than a death Lion.Where are the other generals?Many of them are moving the street.
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by gulfer: 6:48pm On Feb 16, 2022
Corruption has eaten so deeply into the National fabric, imagine the eulogy written and praising him at his death
A Tribute to Brig Gen Aminun-Kano Maude (rtd) PhD.

By FRIDAY ENAPE
November 18, 2019

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun. Brigadier General Aminun-Kano Maude is no more. He died in Abuja on Friday 8 Nov 2019, when he finally succumbed to the debilitating illness that had ravaged him and kept him out of circulation for about 18 months as he battled for his life, in Dubai. Allahu Akbar. Kullu Nafsin Zaikatul Maut. “Every soul shall taste death.” And so it was with Aminu, whose inevitable time and turn it was.

Aminu-Kano was not a silverspoon brat. He was from a very humble family background of nominal means in Kano, and was indeed a self made man that practically pulled himself up by the bootstraps, so to speak.

As a young child, Aminu was first enrolled in the customary local Islamiya Quranic madrasat, with all his siblings, like all other local neighbourhood children. Young Aminun often accompanied his father on business journeys outside their domain, especially to Zaria where young Aminu got attracted and influenced into formal Western education, to which he requested and insistently demanded to be enrolled. Thus young Aminu became a foster child in the home and care of Alhaji Maude of Zaria, a close friend and senior business partner of his dad, solely for the purpose of getting into formal Western school, like the children of his foster dad were.

After his primary education in Tudun Wada Zaria, Aminu got admitted into the famous NMS Zaria with the Jan 1972 set, where he gradually became noticeable for his diminutive statue, personal discipline and a rather stubborn disposition. He was the quintessential model student for his discipline, neat turn out, and committed studies and scholarship.

Aminun was a delight for the authorities, for he was never found wanting or unserious in either his studies or military duties as a Boy Soldier. He took everything rather seriously. He also always wore his demeanor on his face, something that often became his trademark. He was never found on the truancy side of the student character. Indeed he wasn’t the “standard disciplinary customer of Babè”.

In Nigerian Military School (NMS), Aminu developed a rather stand-alone actively quiet personality, in a class and world of his own, more interested and engrossed in his studies, and with very few intimacies. It was probably easier to find Aminu in the school library than elsewhere. It was therefore only logical that he rose to become a Boy Staff Sergeant and the school’s Chief Librarian, in addition to being a member of the school’s military band.

With time Aminu developed a very formal personality with rather strong convictions on, and passion for, nearly everything he fancied.

When he graduated from NMS in 1976, Aminu chose the option of going onto the SBS of ABU, inspite of his NDA admission, where he later read for the BSc degree in Accountancy, and was later commissioned into the Army Finance Corps.

In the Finance Corps, young Lieutenant M. Aminu-Kano Maude was among the set of other newly commissioned NMS Ex-Boys into the Corps who formed the critical mass that tranformed the Corps into a standard modern accountancy-driven finance department, as against the older disposition.

Here again Aminu stood out in his stand-alone single-mindedness, moreso in his very privileged position at the CFO, even as a very young subaltern. This exposed him to a very wide network of contacts, both within the service and without, and a situation and assignment which he handled with his characteristic straight face boldness and firmness, fairness and admirable competence, to the satisfaction of his commanders. And Aminun did not fail to understand and appreciate the strategic opportunities and advantages inherent therein.

Of course not everyone within the Corps or even without, would be comfortable with the “oversized” position nor the influence he weilded, moreso with his rather stubborn seeming strictness and ethical standard and style. Thus along the line he seemed to have also been apparently accumulating ill-feelings from others, as he was obviously doing with the goodwills from others, in the various Finance units and formations he served all over the country, and the several National Taskforces he also served in. Thus whenever he got into some trouble, the goodwills often tended to get him out in rather privileged interventions.

But this got to a head in the obvious power play in the Corps where Aminu thought he had an entitled advantage for leadership that was “unfairly” denied him, but was instead edged out into the headship of the Finance School. Other issues seemed to have further fueled the controversy which culminated in the Court Martial trial and conviction of Aminu, which both the Appeal and Supreme Courts subsequently set aside in Aminu’s favour. This forced the Army to reinstate him into the Army and restore him to his rank of Brigadier General.

This landmark case, *BrigGen Aminun-Kano vs Nigerian Army,* has become a reference in the Nigerian Law Reports.

Nearly everybody dissuaded him from the legal battle, but Aminu’s stubborn doggedness in the face of apparent injustice eventually proved him right.

All through his military career and in all the units and formations he was deployed, Aminun was never found wanting, as he always discharged his duty with the seriousness and dedication it deserved, even if often with some seeming inflexibility that tended to put him at odds, even when he was right, as he often was. Even when his approach may seem rather tactlessly blunt, Aminu still had the modest humility of often bowing to superior viewpoints and positions, probably because it was indeed in his nature to promptly engage on issues and actions without checking on his flanks and rear, as it were. A naivety that was indeed part of him.

But behind this rather controversial personality was a discreetly kind, helpful and very deeply generous spirit, that has touched the hearts and minds and lives of very many of his beneficiaries in very fundamental ways. This is evident in the Finance Corps where he had mentored a generation of the younger ones that came across him, and in whom he still enjoys the arguable reverence of a legend. It was perhaps the same effect he had outside the military. For, the massive crowd at his funeral was enough testimonial in this regard. Perhaps also because Aminu stubbornly chose to live in the fringe neighbourhood among the people, as it were, instead of the standard convention of the GRA, for his class status.

His statue, his often rather leftist opinions, and his branded name, collectively gave him the aura and myth of aristocracy, which he perfectly understood and beneficially grew into.

And his childhood love and quest for education extended throughout his lifetime. Not long after his deployment into the Finance Corps, he had enrolled for, and obtained the MSc degree in Accounting and Finance from ABU, which he further down the line capped with a PhD in the same field and institution. This obvious strategic academic investment became very handy in retirement for him, as he seamlessly transited himself into academia as a Senior Lecturer in Accounting in NDA, ABU and KASU. He was also a Director in Keystone Bank Transition Management team and a member of the Presidential Arms Probe Committee, etc.

In Aminu we have lost a great mind in his own right, and I also lost in him an unconditional friend and indeed a brother. We will miss him for a long time to come. May Allah have mercy on him and forgive his sins and shortcomings. May Allah generously reward his good deeds, and grant him abode in aljanna firdausi. May Allah continue to strengthen his entire family with the fortitude to continue to bear this obviously painful loss. May Allahu bless each one of them, unify them, guide them aright, and protect and provide for them in the difficult times ahead. It is also incumbent on his three wives and the fifteen children he left behind to jealously keep his legacy intact. And when it is our time and turn, may Allahu bless our respective exits with the reward of aljanna firdausi, ameen.

Abdullahi Dan-Asabe
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by bahaushe1: 7:06pm On Feb 16, 2022
He is not the owner but a front. The real owner is alive and a senior officer in the office of NSA.
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by KILLTHECOWS(f): 7:07pm On Feb 16, 2022
I knew they will mention a dead person name....
Can we see the original documents...
I want to check something.
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by Walkee: 7:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
t2luv1:

Where is that piece of sh*t @Walkee guy when one needs him? Now he is gonna start saying I hate the North. I don't hate the North, correction I despised them. Like I always say I am still yet to encounter someone from the North working to send themself to school outside that country. The North is the only region in that country that likes the current setup of that country. Why won't they, They never had it so good.
who is this mugu?
What's my business with North?
Am I a northerner? Who gives a shiiit if you hate North or South. Who the fucck are you even?
Do I know you?
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
alsudan:

There are thousands of Aminu Kano in our MDAs and Military/Paramilitary raping this country blind, yet are untouchable because them never die.

Thousands of greedy and evil dummies destroying and suppressing the lives of millions dummies. This Life Just seem like a Joke to me. Nothing really makes sense, Just a failed and kangaroo project....
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by asanausana91: 7:54pm On Feb 16, 2022
Look at what PDP has done to this country.
I will not forgive PDP. Never!!
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by Panda7(m): 8:05pm On Feb 16, 2022
Golden generation of crooks cheesy
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by johnmartus(m): 8:16pm On Feb 16, 2022
Who paid you.
MajorOvakporaye:

SHUT UP!!!

YOU CHEAP PAID AGENT
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by JOemmy(m): 8:23pm On Feb 16, 2022
alsudan:

You are very correct buratai is a very good example how did he get the money to build the university he built in his village in borno?
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by Aaau: 8:46pm On Feb 16, 2022
Northerners shouldn’t be allowed to hold any top office positions again
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by nnol(m): 10:51pm On Feb 16, 2022
He has one LPG station too that was seized by the EFCC jst opposite AFDIN LPG station at club road in kano. Although the LPG station was still under construction before it was seized.
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by Misterone: 2:02am On Feb 17, 2022
DrGoodman:

one thing you should also have noticed is that nobody came out to shout that our brother/son is being witch hunted. nobody organized a road walk or protest for him.
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by t2luv1: 3:15am On Feb 17, 2022
Walkee:
who is this mugu?
What's my business with North?
Am I a northerner? Who gives a shiiit if you hate North or South. Who the fucck are you even?
Do I know you?

Nah, You are just a paid mouthpiece for the North. Your nose is far up their ass, you can taste what they had for lunch. Go and read all your past replies to my posts then you will understand where I am coming from.
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by Walkee: 6:07am On Feb 17, 2022
t2luv1:

Nah, You are just a paid mouthpiece for the North. Your nose is far up their ass, you can taste what they had for lunch. Go and read all your past replies to my posts then you will understand where I am coming from.
I don't recall having any form of discussion with you. You must be one of the illiterate ipob miscreants littering the Internet with crazy conspiracy theories here. I'm just allergic to ignorance and stupidity. Most of you here vomit the most absurd conspiracy theories and when you get educated, you claim the person trying to educate you is paid. Lmao who is supposed to pay me?
If you really read what I post here you'd notice I want either Wike or Tinubu to be president, I want a strong Southerner as the next president.
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by snoopz: 7:52am On Feb 17, 2022
This one stole our money den used it to build a petrol station that will collecting money from us again sad
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by Talawaka: 10:59am On Feb 17, 2022
Jafaru Mohammed, EFCC’s accountant in charge of NIA Ikoyi N13 billion loot, steals N10.9 billion

The EFCC on Tuesday presented details of 24 properties worth N10.9 billion forfeited to the federal government by military officers.

EFCC and Ikoyi loot used to illustrate the story

rigadier General Jafaru Mohammed has been revealed as the top military officer fingered in the latest seizure by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

The EFCC on Tuesday presented details of 24 properties worth N10.9 billion forfeited to the federal government by military officers, including late Gen. Maude Aminun-Kano.

Though the commission did not give the name of the officer, findings by Peoples Gazette has linked the forfeiture to Mr Mohammed.

Mr Mohammed, currently the Director of Finance and Administration in the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA), was appointed by the EFCC in 2017 under Ibrahim Magu to take charge of the finances of the National Intelligence Agency, NIA, after N13 billion belonging to the spy agency was found in a Lagos apartment.

The commission had at that time taken charge of bank accounts operated by Nigeria’s foreign intelligence service.

The recovered loot, made of $43.5 million, £27,800 and N23.2 million, was found hidden inside Apartment 7B at Osborne Towers, Ikoyi by operatives of the EFCC on April 12.

Then director general of the NIA, Ayodele Oke, had admitted to Premium Times that the money belonged to his agency. Mr Oke was later suspended from office.

The report noted that operatives of the commission, under Ibrahim Magu, compelled the director of Finance and Administration of the NIA to transfer the accounts to Mr Mohammed, an army official attached to the Office of the National Security Adviser.

The commission then appointed Mr Jafaru Mohammed to assume the position of the Director of Finance of the NIA and commence an audit of the agency’s finances.

The report noted multiple attempts to impose Mr Mohammed on the NIA as its new Director of Finance, but officials of the agency blocked him from resuming each time.

In February 2021, Abdulrasheed Bawa was named as the new EFCC chairman to replace Mr Magu. In March, the anti-graft body obtained an interim forfeiture order from the Federal High Court in Abuja in respect of some properties allegedly belonging to National Security Adviser Mohammed Babagana Mungono but held in a proxy.

Justice Folashade Ogunbanjo had in a suit marked FHC/ABJ/CS/007/2021 ordered the interim forfeiture of eight properties linked to Mr Mohammed, as part of a wider probe into the finances of the Office of the NSA.

The assets listed included House on Plot 7, God’s Own Estate, Road 1, Wamna District, Abuja; a fenced plot at No 1 Jubril Aminu Crescent, Katampe Extension, Abuja; plot at Kubwa Express, Directly opposite Abuja Model City Gate, Abuja; and a house on Block SD 22 House 2, Road 5, Kabusa Garden Estate, Abuja.

Others are No 15, 21 Crescent, 2nd Avenue, Gwarinpa Estate, Abuja; No 3 Liverpool Close, Sun City Estate, Abuja; No 52 Mainstreet, Sun City Estate, Abuja; and No 25 Osaka Street, Sun City Estate, Abuja.

The EFCC said it acted on intelligence that a serving top military officer was in the habit of acquiring high-profile properties and had floated companies that owned similar assets.

The commission also stated in the court document that Mr Mohammed had earned not more than N73.4 billion since his enlistment in the Nigerian Army in 1993, and could not have been able to legitimately acquire those properties.

In response, Mr Mohammed had declared that his trial for alleged conspiracy, stealing and money laundering by the anti-graft agency was a personal vendetta.

EFCC spokesperson Wilson Ujuwaren declined to comment on the agency’s ties to Mr Mohammed, insisting that he would not disclose other information beyond what was contained in court documents.

Source
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by HONEHI: 1:05pm On Feb 17, 2022
Nigeria is indeed a zoo country. You can trust no government institution in that country. The same Judiciary gave him an all clear some time ago.
https://allafrica.com/stories/201002030487.html
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by t2luv1: 2:59pm On Feb 17, 2022
Walkee:
I don't recall having any form of discussion with you. You must be one of the illiterate ipob miscreants littering the Internet with crazy conspiracy theories here. I'm just allergic to ignorance and stupidity. Most of you here vomit the most absurd conspiracy theories and when you get educated, you claim the person trying to educate you is paid. Lmao who is supposed to pay me?
If you really read what I post here you'd notice I want either Wike or Tinubu to be president, I want a strong Southerner as the next president.

FYI I am not an IPOB so get that out of your head. I told you previously, you are a paid mouthpiece for the north, but you keep denying it. You northerners scheme will be exposed. The main reason you northerners keep advocating for either Wike or Tinubu is very clear. Those two dead men walking will never make it through their first term, and guess what will happen with all probabilities their VP would have been a Northerner. Here comes a Northern president to serve another two terms plus the inherited remaining term. Who says Aboki ain't smart. Advocate for a forty something year old Southerner then will can sit down and smoke a piece pipe like the American Indians
Re: General Maude Aminun-Kano's Properties Seized By EFCC (Photos) by Walkee: 3:11pm On Feb 17, 2022
t2luv1:

FYI I am not an IPOB so get that out of your head. I told you previously, you are a paid mouthpiece for the north, but you keep denying it. You northerners scheme will be exposed. The main reason you northerners keep advocating for either Wike or Tinubu is very clear. Those two dead men walking will never make it through their first term, and guess what will happen with all probabilities their VP would have been a Northerner. Here comes a Northern president to serve another two terms plus the inherited remaining term. Who says Aboki ain't smart. Advocate for a forty something year old Southerner then will can sit down and smoke a piece pipe like the American Indians
lmao so I'm a northerner where did this one craw out from?
There's no other strong Southerner in APC apart from Tinubu. Amaechi is a joke. A simp that's busy collecting headtie from Fulani and doing boy boy for Buhari is the candidate you clowns are simping for?
What will kill Tinubu? Are you God? Do you know if you will die this evening?
As for Wike, how is he a dead man?

Wait, so the hell hole you crawled out from, people have to be paid before they make political statements or support a potential candidate?
This one na mugu oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo Has 5,000 Churches So Don't Vote For Buhari - Sambo In Jigawa State / Photos Of Ibori As He Regains Freedom / The Entrance Gate To Willie Obiano's House In Aguleri (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.