Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? (11322 Views)

5 Reasons Why So Much Suffering ? / Reply To: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? / Christians, God Is Responsible For Atleast Some Of The Suffering On Earth . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Steep: 3:28pm On Feb 17, 2022
The answer is sin!

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

God created a perfect world but Adam who was the head of the physical creation disobeyed God and brought sin into the creation, everything on earth is under a curse, hence the hardship abnormalities both medically and in otherwise, this world is literally dying, there is chaos,bitterness,pain, sickness, poverty, and every other malady.

But thank God he provided a means of redemption, Jesus christ the lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world.
Jesus Christ is the solution to sin he literally became sin (by taking on our sin) so we can become the righteousness of God.
the creation itself would be set free from its bondage when the sons of God (the redeemed are manifest) but however the future of this universe is complete annihilation by God.

However, God has a plan of creating a complete new heaven and earth with new human beings in them, this new creation is free from sin and as a result free from the woes of this creation and this my friend is what we the saints look forward to.

Dear friend to be part of this new creation all you have to do is to repent, (have a change of heart towards God by embracing his way) and faith towards Jesus christ.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by gsegun43: 4:21pm On Feb 17, 2022
Stupidity at it's peak

grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:26pm On Feb 17, 2022
Steep:
The answer is sin!

True!

But also because people are very very stupid in thinking that they can do whatever they please because God is what we would call Too Good!

4 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Steep: 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

True!

But also because people are very very stupid in thinking that they can do whatever they please because God is what we would call Too Good!
this is called the sin nature, it is the desire to rebel against God and to desire sin.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:39pm On Feb 17, 2022
Steep:
this is called the sin nature, it is the desire to rebel against God and to commit sin.

I do not think it is right to call it sin nature, for as life has proven, the choice to become a sinner, is one of Desire and Decision exactly the same Judgement God arrived on to wit
"The LORD saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil ALL THE TIME.

We also have the God Nature, but if you examine every sin, you would see that the sinners did see the choice to not sin but but motivated by the pleasure and profit of sin, they therefore chose it.

Which is why they even dared to think themselves good when they once turned away from doing an evil thing.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by hakeem4(m): 7:59pm On Feb 17, 2022
Why do I have to ask god for forgiveness for a sin I didn’t partake in (adams sin) .

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Steep: 8:09pm On Feb 17, 2022
hakeem4:
Why do I have to ask god for forgiveness for a sin I didn’t partake in (adams sin) .
There is Adam's sin, there is the Adamic nature and there is your sin.
Through Adam's sin you recieve a sin nature (adamic nature) however when you obey that sin nature you sin, this is your sin. You have a choice to either obey the commandment of God or not, failing to do so you commit sin and you will be Judged for your sin.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Steep: 8:19pm On Feb 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I do not think it is right to call it sin nature, for as life has proven, the choice to become a sinner, is one of Desire and Decision exactly the same Judgement God arrived on to wit
"The LORD saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil ALL THE TIME.

We also have the God Nature, but if you examine every sin, you would see that the sinners did see the choice to not sin but but motivated by the pleasure and profit of sin, they therefore chose it.

Which is why they even dared to think themselves good when they once turned away from doing an evil thing.

The flesh is the sin nature. You see, it is not about shear will because the flesh overrides the will of man.

Romans 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

This is the case of an unregenerated human he cannot please God by will power he must be reborn spiritually.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:23pm On Feb 17, 2022
hakeem4:

Sin/Crime is in personam and is not transferable.

And no where has God convicted any person for a sin committed by another.

He has never done so and will never do so.

"He shall render to every man according to his deeds" Romans 2:6, and this is The Law!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:28pm On Feb 17, 2022
Steep:

The flesh is the sin nature. ....

Yes, this is True BUT WE ALSO HAVE THE SPIRIT NATURE TOO, WHICH IS GOD FULL AND GODLY.

My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.” Genesis 6:3

But men choose to die.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Steep: 8:30pm On Feb 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes, this is True BUT WE ALSO HAVE THE SPIRIT NATURE TOO, WHICH IS GOD FULL AND GODLY.

My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.” Genesis 6:3
an unregenerated man's spirit nature is dead in sin. That is why the spirit of God has to strive to convict them of their sins.
Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Steep: 8:33pm On Feb 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

But men choose to die.
men do not choose to die! They are dead already in sin.
All humans are dead in sin already.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:33pm On Feb 17, 2022
Steep:
an unregenerated man's spirit nature is dead in sin. That is why the spirit of God has to strive to convict them of their sins.

As long as you have said "unregenerated man's spirit" you prove my case for you admit that man in Truth does have The Spirit, even if it is dormant in many a men.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Steep: 8:36pm On Feb 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

As long as you have said "unregenerated man's spirit" you prove my case for you admit that man in Truth does have The Spirit, even if it is dormant in many a men.
The spirit of man is not The Spirit (the Holy ghost).
Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:41pm On Feb 17, 2022
Steep:
men do not choose to die! They are dead already in sin.
All humans are dead in sin already.

No sir! They choose to die!

And then their deaths occur because they sin!

That is The Law of "Since thou hast done this" on which The Law of "Who will render to every man according to his deeds" stands upon.

Adam did not die until "he deed" (or did, whichever you prefer)

Same for the people of the old world, same for the Amalekites and co, same for the children of Israel.

God was not joking when He Said "I Change Not!"
Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:43pm On Feb 17, 2022
Steep:
The spirit of man is not The Spirit (the Holy ghost).

I confine myself to Genesis 6:3 "My Spirit...". And since God is Holy,... that is sufficient.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Steep: 10:08pm On Feb 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

No sir! They choose to die!

And then their deaths occur because they sin!

That is The Law of "Since thou hast done this" on which The Law of "Who will render to every man according to his deeds" stands upon.

Adam did not die until "he deed" (or did, whichever you prefer)

Same for the people of the old world, same for the Amalekites and co, same for the children of Israel.

God was not joking when He Said "I Change Not!"
I am talking of spiritual death!
The bible said we (the believers) were dead in sin.
However men can choose to remain dead by rejecting the free gift of life.

Men are already dead spiritually, only God can give them life, this life is in Jesus.
God prepares men who recieve his words in the past to recieve Jesus who came in the future to give life to men.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Jesus said men are already dead but they would live when they believe in him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Steep: 10:13pm On Feb 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I confine myself to Genesis 6:3 "My Spirit...". And since God is Holy,... that is sufficient.

"My Spirit" (God's Spirit) is the holy ghost.

John 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

The holy spirit is the one that reprove men of their sins, he is the one that speak to the conscience of men, and give understanding to the spirits of men.

Hebrews 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

Job 32:8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

The Spirit of God is the inspiration, breath finger, hand of God, the one who works the will of God in man.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by hakeem4(m): 7:48am On Feb 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Sin/Crime is in personam and is not transferable.

And no where has God convicted any person for a sin committed by another.

He has never done so and will never do so.

"He shall render [s]to every man according to his deeds"[/s] Romans 2:6, and this is The Law!

I think I remember a part of the Bible when god said he’d punish the 3rd and 4th generation
Deuteronomy 5:9

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:35pm On Feb 18, 2022
hakeem4:

I think I remember a part of the Bible when god said he’d punish the 3rd and 4th generation
Deuteronomy 5:9

And check it out, they deed, deed, what their parents and grandparents and great grandparents deed.

This, His Judgement is in consonance with The Law.

"He shall render to every man according to his deeds" Romans 2:6,

So, no case.
Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by FatherOfJesus: 4:55pm On Feb 18, 2022
Lol, you are high on cheap weed cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:49pm On Feb 18, 2022
Steep:

I am talking of spiritual death!

Same as i. Remember, "the dead" where still doing what people would call "living" when Christ Said they should bury their own "let the dead bury, their dead"!

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by FatherOfJesus: 6:57pm On Feb 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Same as i. Remember, "the dead" where still doing what people would call "living" when Christ Said they should bury their own "let the dead bury, their dead"!

lol, both you and the op are hilariously stupid. cheesy
Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by elated177: 7:44pm On Feb 18, 2022
Steep:
The answer is sin!

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

God created a perfect world but Adam who was the head of the physical creation disobeyed God and brought sin into the creation, everything on earth is under a curse, hence the hardship abnormalities both medically and in otherwise, this world is literally dying, there is chaos,bitterness,pain, sickness, poverty, and every other malady.

But thank God he provided a means of redemption, Jesus christ the lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world.
Jesus Christ is the solution to sin he literally became sin (by taking on our sin) so we can become the righteousness of God.
the creation itself would be set free from its bondage when the sons of God (the redeemed are manifest) but however the future of this universe is complete annihilation by God.

However, God has a plan of creating a complete new heaven and earth with new human beings in them, this new creation is free from sin and as a result free from the woes of this creation and this my friend is what we the saints look forward to.

Dear friend to be part of this new creation all you have to do is to repent, (have a change of heart towards God by embracing his way) and faith towards Jesus christ.

What "ways" are you advising the ones who will be reading your message to embrace?
Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Steep: 8:16pm On Feb 18, 2022
elated177:

What "ways" are you advising the ones who will be reading your message to embrace?
'ways' to what? There is just 'one way' to have the life God intended for humanity and that is Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by elated177: 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2022
Steep:
'ways' to what? There is just 'one way' to have the life God intended for humanity and that is Jesus.

I meant the highlighted portion.

Steep:
The answer is sin!

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Steep: 9:36pm On Feb 18, 2022
elated177:

I meant the highlighted portion.

God's way is to believe in Jesus Christ.
John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by elated177: 11:52pm On Feb 18, 2022
Steep:
God's way is to believe in Jesus Christ.
John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

What does it mean to believe in Yahushua the Messiah?
Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Steep: 12:43am On Feb 19, 2022
elated177:

Do you believe the Ten Commandments can save you?
Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by orisa37: 4:58am On Feb 19, 2022
The Earth is The Kingdom of The Serpent.
Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by elated177: 10:50am On Feb 19, 2022
Steep:
Do you believe the Ten Commandments can save you?

Do you believe the Ten Commandments cannot save you?

Re: Why Is There So Much Suffering On Earth? by Steep: 1:16pm On Feb 19, 2022
elated177:

Do you believe the Ten Commandments cannot save you?

can you keep the ten commandment without breaking anyone?

Has there being anybody saved by keeping the ten commandment?

To believe in Jesus is to recieve him as our saviour and Lord, the one who give us life and redeem us from condemnation of Sin.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Was Church Service Today. Share Your Experience..... / Donate To The Poor And Needy Not Pastors tithe / Could Sin Be The Reason For Joblessness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.