Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. (680 Views)

Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate / "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" / Igbo Presidency: Okorocha 'Stands The Best Chance' - Governor Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by Redcrafton: 5:12pm On Feb 17, 2022
Interview with Ameh Ebute...

So the South-East is not in reckoning at all?

The South-East, the activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, is another matter to think about. I don’t know why the majority of the leaders of the South East cannot call the IPOB to order. The fear of other parts of the country is that if you have someone from the East as President and he is overwhelmed, he is likely to support the secessionist movement. So they don’t have confidence in an Igbo man as president now, maybe in the next dispensation. The problem is that the activities of the IPOB have held the entire South-East to ransom. They don’t allow anything to work in the South-East.

A the time Obasanjo became President, there was agitation for Oodua Republic. They went to Ibadan and declared the Oodua Republic and sang their anthem. And when Buhari assumed office, Boko Haram was wreaking damage in the North, it didn’t stop him. And when Jonathan emerged, there was this Niger-Delta militancy. Why is it that when it comes to the South-East, they are saying IPOB?

The modus operandi of the IPOB members is completely different. There is sit-at-home order on Mondays, the no activity order and the confrontation with the armed forces. It is the same with Boko Haram and other insurgents but when we discussed among ourselves, the fear of them is the problem.

Buhari was once appointed by Boko Haram as a negotiator and nobody used it against him..

I am not aware of it. When? Before he became president? I am not aware that he was appointed as a negotiator between Boko Haram and the nation. The IPOB is different because I have always spoken to my Igbo friends and I ask, ‘why do you allow these boys to continue?’ The issue of Oodua has died down, Boko Haram, though an armed conflict will be defeated eventually, just like any other insurrection. The IPOB are very adamant. It depends on the country...

Excerpts from....
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/02/2023-why-presidency-wont-go-to-s-east-s-west-ameh-ebute-2/

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by Redcrafton: 5:14pm On Feb 17, 2022
Is this holistically correct?

Why didn't the SE have it before Ipob came?

What excuse did Nigeria have at that time, before ipob?

What do you guys say?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by Felimax(m): 5:20pm On Feb 17, 2022
Nigeria does not have a choice, just as there are some die hard Islamic fanatics who will rather see this country burn than an Igbo man to be in power.

During the PDP administration there were less secessionist agitations, Buhari government came and abuse totally the strong federal character PDP has built. I am not saying PDP is a saint but look at it from all angles and you will confirm what I am saying.
The Igbos were properly synchronized into the system but today the opposite is the case. Look at the appointment of the recent NPA boss for example, from one Northerner to another, what is the reason for Christ sake?
You said the previous one was corrupt yet you appoint another one but if that was an Igbo man it would have been a different ball game entirely.

I strongly believe till tomorrow there are lots of Igbos who still hold the unity of this country to a high esteem.

Once upon a time the Igbos were the first to kick against breaking up. So, that you have some few disgruntled element from the East does not mean you should stereotype the entire East.
Re: Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by jrjfjfj: 5:21pm On Feb 17, 2022
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by Entprys(m): 5:34pm On Feb 17, 2022
May thunder ki...

No let me talk
Re: Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by foryourmindlol: 5:47pm On Feb 17, 2022
Same reason why I fear Yoruba presidency.

They will arm every skull miner in a nationwide spree for your skulls. Head will be missing everywhere and Mc Oluomo boys will legalize thugry and cult wars.

Same reason I fear Northern presidency. They will legalize Boko Haram and Banditry like Buhari has been doing. Except they will do it nationwide this time.

Let us elect a Kenyan or Ghanaian as president.

Or better still, behave like normal human beings and disintegrate this non-working artificial shithole created for extortion by Britain.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by michael1508: 5:56pm On Feb 17, 2022
One thing I know is that the Igbos are not in unity as we might have thought,then another is the fear of actualising the Biafra movement which will cause more chaos to the already weak system.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by foryourmindlol: 6:07pm On Feb 17, 2022
[s]
michael1508:
One thing I know is that the Igbos are not in unity as we might have thought,then another is the fear of actualising the Biafra movement which will cause more chaos to the already weak system.
[/s]
Yes, Yoruba are the people in yoonity. With Osunbande and Tinubu and Aregberascal fighting to death. Afinefere has like one thousand factions while OPC dey change mouth every day.

And Northern Nigeria are united pro max with thousands of killings and kidnappings every week among each other. So many Boko Haram and Fulani bandit terrorist groups that I cannot count.

You poeple look like fools when you say this now-busted myth of Igbos not united.

Igbo is the most united tribe in the world. We don't need your stupid president nonsense. We have told you time without number to stick that useless position into your arse. All we want is Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by michael1508: 6:29pm On Feb 17, 2022
foryourmindlol:
[s][/s]
Yes, Yoruba are the people in yoonity. With Osunbande and Tinubu and Aregberascal fighting to death. Afinefere has like one thousand factions while OPC dey change mouth every day.

And Northern Nigeria are united pro max with thousands of killings and kidnappings every week among each other. So many Boko Haram and Fulani bandit terrorist groups that I cannot count.

You poeple look like fools when you say this now-busted myth of Igbos not united.

Igbo is the most united tribe in the world. We don't need your stupid president nonsense. We have told you time without number to stick that useless position into your arse. All we want is Biafra.
Ogbeni calm down jare,argue with facts man and not some bubbling emotions.
For the record, the recent killings in the south east are being perpetrated by the easterners,killing and inflicting pain on one another all in the name of fighting for a movement.
Some of the igbos currently in the helm of affairs politically, say one thing and do another,all for publicity, behind closed doors,it's most times a need for selfish interest.
Of course,every tribe have her loops but before an Igbo man will become a president in this country,there must be a call for unity.
I have plenty Igbo guys as friends and colleagues and most times when we discuss about politics,they share my views.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by foryourmindlol: 6:46pm On Feb 17, 2022
[s]
michael1508:

Ogbeni calm down jare,argue with facts man and not some bubbling emotions.
For the record, the recent killings in the south east are being perpetrated by the easterners,killing and inflicting pain on one another all in the name of fighting for a movement.
Some of the igbos currently in the alms of affair politically, say one thing and do another,all for publicity, behind closed doors,it's most times a need for selfish interest.
Of course,every tribe have her loops but before an Igbo man will become a president in this country,there must be a call for unity.
I have plenty Igbo guys as friends and colleagues and most times when we discuss about politics,they share my views.
[/s]
Says an idiot whose brothers mine each others skull and sell for 5,000 naira. Shut your mouth and keep quiet with your imaginary friends.

Your region can't even decide if they want Christianity or Islam or juju you're here talking about unity.

Fuel is 1000 naira per liter in Northern Nigeria. In Lagos you pay gate fee of 1000 naira before they tell you how much they're selling fuel. In the Southeast, fuel is still 165 naira. And yet Southeast/Igbos are not united.

You people always want to remove fly from another person's eye while olumo rock dey your eye.

Igbos are the most united, richest and educated tribe in Africa. If you like continue deceiving yourself. In 10 years time, Chukwudi the 15-year-old boy that came to do apprentice in Mazi Emeka's shop will buy up your ancestors land and send you to village while you're shouting that Igbos are not united tongue cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by OneNigerianist: 6:53pm On Feb 17, 2022
The situation is very delicate. It is an undeniable fact the it's the turn of SE to produce the president. However Biafran agitation is raging currently, and non of the major contenders from the SE denounces Biafran movement the way the way FG and Northerners want. All of them believe it it caused by injustice that must be addressed. If they are denied the seat, they will also be drawn to separatism as ohaneze is already threatening.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by michael1508: 7:16pm On Feb 17, 2022
foryourmindlol:
[s][/s]
Says an idiot whose brothers mine each others skull and sell for 5,000 naira. Shut your mouth and keep quiet with your imaginary friends.

Your region can't even decide if they want Christianity or Islam or juju you're here talking about unity.

Fuel is 1000 naira per liter in Northern Nigeria. In Lagos you pay gate fee of 1000 naira before they tell you how much they're selling fuel. In the Southeast, fuel is still 165 naira. And yet Southeast/Igbos are not united.

You people always want to remove fly from another person's eye while olumo rock dey your eye.

Igbos are the most united, richest and educated tribe in Africa. If you like continue deceiving yourself. In 10 years time, Chukwudi the 15-year-old boy that came to do apprentice in Mazi Emeka's shop will buy up your ancestors land and send you to village while you're shouting that Igbos are not united tongue cheesy

I wanted going intellectual with you but the shit you typed up there shows you are really a stupid fellow.
A low self esteem person always feel everyone is out there to attack them,you want Biafra and all you could do as a dimwit was to sit on a wooden bench in a wherever location to type with an empty encephalon.
For the record,the east is the most undesired place to invest in at the moment,the only thing that will make thunder not strike you is if you have not been a benefactor in one way or the other of what the hated regions you stated up there has been offering,even though they could do more than that.
The truth still remain that the Igbos need to do more to actualise their wants but an ignorant kid like you thinks you can actualise that with mere keyboard wars.
One other thing for you,let this be the last you will quote me with an insult without proper understanding of where I am coming from,if I go spiritual with you,you won't last a day but I won't let mere words make me add up to your already miserable life.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by foryourmindlol: 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2022
[s]
michael1508:

I wanted going intellectual with you but the shit you typed up there shows you are really a stupid fellow.
A low self esteem person always feel everyone is out there to attack them,you want Biafra and all you could do as a dimwit was to sit on a wooden bench in a wherever location to type with an empty encephalon.
For the record,the east is the most undesired place to invest in at the moment,the only thing that will make thunder not strike you is if you have not been a benefactor in one way or the other of what the hated regions you stated up there has been offering,even though they could do more than that.
The truth still remain that the Igbos need to do more to actualise their wants but an ignorant kid like you thinks you can actualise that with mere keyboard wars.
One other thing for you,let this be the last you will quote me with an insult without proper understanding of where I am coming from,if I go spiritual with you,you won't last a day but I won't let mere words make me add up to your already miserable life.
[/s]
Stop begging for yoonity from people who don't want you.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by Billingslord: 7:57pm On Feb 17, 2022
foryourmindlol:
[s][/s]

have you eaten today...

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by Charleys: 7:58pm On Feb 17, 2022
michael1508:

Let me go intellectual with you.
The igbos voted for a Yoruba in 1991 and he won.(MKO Abiola)
The igbos voted for a Yoruba in 1999 and he won.... The two biggest party field in two Yoruba candidates. Note this.

Then the igbos voted for yaradua and he won against Buhari.... When the two biggest party field in NORTHERN candidate.

Later on yaradua became sick and Jonathan continued from there.

In 2015 Buhari won the election. Buhari has done yaradua's 8 years tenure, so the northerners are done with presidency.

The westerners are done with presidency because Olusegun obasanjo did 8 years as president.

Osibanjo has done 8 years as vice president.

It is left for an Igbo man to rule this country...

Note that the Fielding of two people from the same tribe by the two biggest political parties is just to show that Nigerian presidential election is done to unite the country. Giving each tribe an opportunity.

Now the igbos are telling you that, the 2023 election they need the two top political parties to field in an Igbo candidate for unity sake.

Now my question is are they wrong or are they right?
Note: the presidential election is rigged from the onset, by Fielding of candidates from the same tribe as the case of yaradua and Buhari with obasanjo and Olu falae.

Now there are people saying they've been excluded from this country 2023 will tell.
Re: Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by Charleys: 8:25pm On Feb 17, 2022
The two biggest political parties need to fill in an Igbo man for unity sake.

If they don't then, the Igbo man on the streets will know Nnamdi Kanu was right all along that he has been marginalized all these while.

And will set his mind to destroy this country...

Just as Boko Haram have set their mind to destroy this country. They don't have support because Buhari is in power.

Now Michael1508 go to an Igbo man and try to talk 2023 politics with him, he will try to avoid the conversation as possible why because his silence means it's 2023 or Biafra.

But in the case of 2023 it will be very clear for everyone to see.
Re: Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by michael1508: 8:46pm On Feb 17, 2022
Charleys:

Let me go intellectual with you.
The igbos voted for a Yoruba in 1991 and he won.
The igbos voted for a Yoruba in 1999 and he won.... The two biggest party field in two Yoruba candidates. Note this.

Then the igbos voted for yaradua and he won against Buhari.... When the two biggest party field in NORTHERN candidate.

Later on yaradua became sick and Jonathan continued from there.

In 2015 Buhari won the election. Buhari has done yaradua's 8 years tenure, so the northerners are done with presidency.

The westerners are done with presidency because Olusegun obasanjo did 8 years as president.

Osibanjo has done 8 years as vice president.

It is left for an Igbo man to rule this country...

Note that the Fielding of two people from the same tribe by the two biggest political parties is just to show that Nigerian presidential election is done to unite the country. Giving each tribe an opportunity.

Now the igbos are telling you that, the 2023 election they need the two top political parties to field in an Igbo candidate for unity sake.

Now my question is are they wrong or are they right?
Note: the presidential election is rigged from the onset, by Fielding of candidates from the same tribe as the case of yaradua and Buhari with obasanjo and Olu falae.

Now there are people saying they've been excluded from this country 2023 will tell.

We all know how Nigeria politics is,it's dirty, corrupt, only the strong, strategic, resilient and some times most cunny wins,those in the helms of political affairs in this country since the era of the awolowos,buhari in his prime, Obansajo and co with the knowledge of the Biafra war and it's agitations,knows that if an Igbo man is giving the presidency,he or she might reinstitute the ojukwou's legacy,which might be chaos to what the Nigeria code of conduct stands for.
If I am not mistaken,I think the presidential zoning is divided into just 2 zones,having the south and the north,where the west,east and south serves as one entity while the north east and all other northern states serves as the other entity.
Obasanjo and Goodluck represented the south so far while Yaradua and Buhari has represented the north.
The coming election should automatically come down to the south from calculations, The northerns may tell you they ain't bothered about any candidate the south chooses to field when it's her turn,be it a Yoruba,an Ijaw, or an Igbo man as long as the whole south is fine with its choice.
Like you said already,the south as fielded out a Yoruba and a man from South South, everything being equal,it can be rightfully said that an Igbo man is the right candidate for this coming election,but the Igbo clan have lots of internal crisis to settle at the moment,the lack of unity,the current agitation and so many chaos at the moment.
You know before one will be a presidential candidate,you need to belong to a party,believe in the party's objectives,most parties will want to primarily field a candidate that stands a chance to win, another thing with politics is the importance of numbers,the north has the numbers,any candidate they are behind stands a better chance to win.
Psychologically,one thing that is still holding down the idea of having an Igbo presidency, is trust issues,most people still think the Igbo man is laying low until he sees power to navigate the biafra's struggles, once that hurdle can be overcome,there will be free flow of power when played right.
Re: Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by JaroMan: 9:44pm On Feb 17, 2022
Nigeria is on crossroad. The Igbos can discredit 2023 elections and it's very simple. Just order of sit at home will do the work, with sentiments of nonpolitical inclusion.
The north should start adjusting. It took OBJ to quell OPC. If Buhari is sincere, he would've dealt with Boko Haram because they're his people. But he has an assignment for them, so he is keeping them.
Also, when GEJ entered, he stopped the militants. So it's an Igbo man than can stop IPOB. If you expect an Abubakar or Segun to do it, then you're not serious
Re: Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by michael1508: 10:09pm On Feb 17, 2022
Charleys:

If they don't then, the Igbo man on the streets will know Nnamdi Kanu was right all along that he has been marginalized all these while.

Just as Boko Haram have set their mind to destroy this country. They don't have support because Buhari is in power.

Now Michael1508 go to an Igbo man and try to talk 2023 politics with him, he will try to avoid the conversation as possible why because his silence means it's 2023 or Biafra.

I think my response to your earlier points covers this too, just to buttress my points,you know no party outrightly pick a candidate,there are proceeding starting with you showing interest and what you have to offer,then comes primary

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by michael1508: 10:40pm On Feb 17, 2022
Charleys:

I think my response to your earlier points covers this too, just to buttress my points,you know no party outrightly pick a candidate,there are proceeding starting with you showing interest and what you have to offer,then comes a primary to wither off least potent candidates,on paper,this is solely won depending on your strategic game plan, even though we all know that sometimes, these things are being rigged in favour of who suites the party objectives more.
I will also like you to know that,ever since democracy came in since 1999,an Igbo man has always tried to come out for presidency,either through one of the strong winning parties or the minors,meaning there has never been an embargo on an eastern candidate,the okadigbos, Ike nwachukwu and co just to mention a few.
Again, democratically, presidential election ain't a class prefect post that can be shuffled every now and then,it takes 4 good years on paper before a tenure ends but we know it's usually 8 years,and Nigeria as manageably run just 20 years there about with just 4 presidents so far,we still have a long way to go when it comes to it going round the whole geo-political zones.
You and I know that nobody will hand over the presidency to you without fighting for it with tooth and nail,Buhari has been contesting since 2003,he just got in 2015,one thing I know is if the Igbos can go back to the drawing board,have a good strategy,build trust among the other ethnic groups,then the presidency will be theirs in no time.
Re: Why Nigeria Fear Igbo Presidency. by TheNeededShock(m): 10:41pm On Feb 17, 2022
Una never tire to dey ask this question

(1) (Reply)

IPOB terrorist are planning to behead this woman- VIDEO / Five Mobile Online Lending Banks Shut Down By Fgn / If You Will Vote Peter Obi, Please Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.