Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor (16707 Views)

National Honours: Gov Adeleke Congratulates Aregbesola, Oyetola, Davido, Others / Omisore’s Defection Widens Aregbesola, Oyetola’s Rift In Osun / Who Was Richer BTW Bola Tinubu N Peter Obi B4 Becoming Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by Johnnyessence(m): 2:18am On Feb 18, 2022
Former Governor of the State of Osun and Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, on Thursday, said his successor, Adegboyega Oyetola, waged war against him after he became governor.

Aregbesola spoke in Ikire while addressing a rally held to garner support for his anointed candidate in Saturday’s Osun governorship primary of the All Progressives Congress, Moshood Adeoti.

Speaking in the Yoruba language, Aregbesola said he pleaded with Oyetola for about two years not to fight him, adding that his successor rejected his advice which made him call his people and told them to salvage the party.

He said, “I begged him for two years, I told him that people must not mock us. I told him, that he was heading towards destruction. I served this state with the whole of my heart, I also positioned Oyetola, so that he could succeed me in office.

“When we came to this town (Ikire) for his campaign, we were drenched in rain from the Akire’s palace to this place. He gets to that office, he claimed I am his enemy. Those who contested against him during our party primary he pulled them closer, while he fights me.

“Since Oyetola assumed office, he has waged war against me like I once harmed him. He claimed that I do not want him to emerge as governor, I told him that I heard him and that now he has been governor, what else does he want?

“I begged him for two years, I told him that people must not mock us. I told him that he is heading towards destruction. I begged him for two years. I sent people to help me beg that, he did not have to love me, but he must not fight me; even if he wanted to fight me, he should not abuse me and destroy my legacies.

“All that I told and warned him not to do, was what he did. He opposed what I did; all the things I did together with him for eight years, he opposed and reversed them. He thought he could destroy me through my work; nobody was pushing him, he is pushing himself. He deliberately towed that path. He waged war at me and refused to listen to my pleas until he got rid of me.

“When I observed that he would not listen, I called people together that they should start telling your people that progressives family must not be destroyed. The party chairman, Famodun, that we took away from PDP, he may return to that party, we must not let him lead us astray. Leaders of the party then agreed that we should go back to where we missed the road in 2018.

“When Adeoti was angry with us, he did not abuse us, when we refused to do his will, he protested but he never cursed us. We have realised our mistake. That is why we gave him the ticket of our caucus.”

Oyetola didn’t fight him, he wanted to control his successor, says Akere
Responding, Special Adviser to the governor on Political Affairs, Sunday Akere, said Aregbesola only expressed a personal opinion, insisting that Oyetola did not fight his predecessor.

“Our former principal only expressed a personal opinion which no one was privy to. Oyetola did not fight him. He declared that Oyetola’s tenure was his third term and he wanted to be in charge.

“He also promised those close to him that 80 per cent of them would return as cabinet members which did not happen. The former governor thought the eight-year tenure was an eternity. It has ended but he could not believe that reality. The root cause of these issues are what I just said,” Akere stated.

https://punchng.com/oyetola-waged-war-against-me-since-becoming-gov-says-aregbesola/?amp

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by Johnnyessence(m): 2:46am On Feb 18, 2022
As it stand today, Oyetola is a goner

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by LegendHero(m): 2:48am On Feb 18, 2022
Johnnyessence:

Lol, Oyetola will beat Aregbesola blue and black in the primaries and eventually trounce dancing Senator at the polls.

Let’s just sit and watch. Make olodumare grant us long life and sound health.

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by chatinent: 3:22am On Feb 18, 2022
Odiegwu

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by 1825fv: 3:24am On Feb 18, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:

Lol, Oyetola will beat Aregbesola blue and black in the primaries and eventually trounce dancing Senator at the polls.

[/s]

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by Johnnyessence(m): 3:36am On Feb 18, 2022
LegendHero:

As if you are a voter in Osun State. As it stand, Oyetola is a goner.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by nairalee(m): 3:41am On Feb 18, 2022
Governors that keep insisting on installing their successors are funny. They turn around to bite u especially when u wanna act like Godfathers and lord over them.

I'm liking this trend

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by McAausim: 3:41am On Feb 18, 2022
Two failures in a cold wars.... cool

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by chukwuibuipob: 3:42am On Feb 18, 2022
angry Go and sit down
Ogbeni

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by AchalugoNwa(f): 3:42am On Feb 18, 2022
Hehehehe

we stand with Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola.

It's your turn to put the PEE POO's man called Tinubu to where he belong.
Aketi did it
Fayemi did it
Makinde did it

today they've render the drug pissy pissy bastard Tiefnubu politically useless in their various state.

It's Time for you to do the same and end this useless man choking influence.
have faith in yourself
don't be a coward like Ambode
you can do it

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by Chimezirim121: 3:43am On Feb 18, 2022
Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by clockwisereport: 3:44am On Feb 18, 2022
Let them kill themselves

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by chukwuibuipob: 3:44am On Feb 18, 2022
sad We all should be careful of worthless pipu we kal friend.Same man that Pa Tee fought for now turned against him sad.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by Born2conquer: 3:46am On Feb 18, 2022
I still believe that AREGBESOLA is overating his influence in Osun state.

People of Osun do not rate him, you can't be useless as a governor and expect your people to respect you once you leave

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by Nobody: 3:47am On Feb 18, 2022
Johnnyessence:

https://punchng.com/oyetola-waged-war-against-me-since-becoming-gov-says-aregbesola/?amp
...brings to mind, 'Edo no be Lagos'. I see a repeat. All that is needed for an incumbent to defeat a godfather is preposterous spending of state(s) funds and having balls of steel. They all know this, it is a winning pattern. Ambode had balls of cheese (Cheese Balls) thus his misadventure.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by Biggie2000(m): 3:50am On Feb 18, 2022
All these market women sef mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by chukwuibuipob: 3:50am On Feb 18, 2022
sad Stop dreaming after drinking pap and Akara
OSU.That phat man is going back to US after the election.
Johnnyessence:
Btw,tell him to start early morning jogging from Iwo to Oke fia,to reduce SHOCK wink

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by Bastard1stborn: 3:51am On Feb 18, 2022
OK oooo

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by Johnnyessence(m): 3:53am On Feb 18, 2022
Chief Ebenezer Babatope prays for Senator Ademola Adeleke in his country home in Ilesha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-o_EgzlXZ8

Imole de okunkun parada ni gbogbo ipinle Osun
Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by chukwuibuipob: 3:53am On Feb 18, 2022
Johnnyessence:
As if you are a voter in Osun State. As it stand, Oyetola is a goner.
Hope it is not meth,SK grin,kaikai dey do u strong tin

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by Johnnyessence(m): 3:54am On Feb 18, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
sad Stop dreaming after drinking pap and Akara
OSU.That phat man is going back to US after the election. Btw,tell him to start early morning jogging from Iwo to Oke fia,to reduce SHOCK wink
Oyetola is a goner. You are not Osun state electorate. You don’t know what’s happening in Osun State politics. You are just a wailer here.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by Johnnyessence(m): 3:54am On Feb 18, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
ipob guy without no direction.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by IgweOfNnewi: 3:54am On Feb 18, 2022
ok
Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:55am On Feb 18, 2022
A better Nigeria all around is all we want, not all these political shenanigans.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by Johnnyessence(m): 3:56am On Feb 18, 2022
Astoria:
...brings to mind, 'Edo no be Lagos'. I see a repeat. All that is needed for an incumbent to defeat a godfather is unlimited criminal spending of state(s) funds and balls of steel. They all know this, it is a winning pattern. Only Ambode had balls of cheese (Cheese Balls).
Oyetola is a goner. The handwriting is on the wall.
Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:56am On Feb 18, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
Hehehehehe grin cheesy wink

Kuku kee am........ grin cheesy wink

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by chukwuibuipob: 3:56am On Feb 18, 2022
Johnnyessence:
Chief Ebenezer Babatope prays for Senator Ademola Adeleke in his country home in Ilesha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-o_EgzlXZ8

Imole de okunkun parada ni gbogbo ipinle Osun
Ebeno topsy should beta stop that SCAM prayer.I'll rather vote for the other Adeleke than dis pHAT hippo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by chukwuibuipob: 4:01am On Feb 18, 2022
grin ok ooo.Alexreports don collected his own and disappeared.Dont dull Urself.Beta collect urs now and buy fairly used Highlander rather than jump from okada to another.
Johnnyessence:
Oyetola is a goner. You are not Osun state electorate. You don’t know what’s happening in Osun State politics. You are just a wailer here.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by chrisxxx(m): 4:06am On Feb 18, 2022
Aregberascal cool down I understand the situation.
You helped him to power no doubt but the guy knows the limit of your power and continued from there.
Oyetola is consulting Tinubu directly on critical state matters to the chagrin of Aregbe who saw himself as a local godfather to him. Aregbe feels alighted and Tinubu feels honoured.
Aregbe wants him to consult him first on state matter and if at all external consultation should be required he Aregbe should take the lead. Oyetola sees himself to be above spoon-feeding as a governor hence his efforts to reduce the hierarchy of command to the top. Let them find a way to strike balance in their ego. Tinubu can advise the governor to reach out to Aregbe first on certain issues he is being consulted and let Aregbe get to him.
This is how to oil everyone ego .

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by Praktikals(m): 4:10am On Feb 18, 2022
angry
Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by Nobody: 4:11am On Feb 18, 2022
Johnnyessence:
Oyetola is a goner. The handwriting is on the wall.
OK sir.
Re: Aregbesola: Oyetola Waged War Against Me Since Becoming Governor by Mooh247: 4:18am On Feb 18, 2022
cool

Shut up greedy old fool....

What Legacy do you want Oyetola to protect?!

Stupid Education policies that almost scattered Osun State with Muslim and Christians having beef

Not paying Workers full salary and withholding gratuity and pension

Or

Continuation of wasting funds on white elephant project like Opon Imo, Oshogbo Airport and other non economically feasible projects

Tinubu and APC already rewarded you with a very juicy Ministry of Interior, Managing Immigration service and Correctional centers

From Poly Ibadan HND graduate turned fridge repairer in Alimosho to 4years Tinubu's chief of staff, 4 years Lagos State Commissioner, 8 years Osun State Governor, 4 years Federal Minister of Interior

27 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant / APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV / Reno Omokri Presents His Books To Jonathan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.