Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop (28876 Views)

Father Remanded In Prison For Raping His 18-Year-Old Daughter Inside His Shop / Man Caught Burying A Charm In Front Of His Shop In Port-harcourt / Another Nigerian Man Killed In South Africa After Attack In His Shop. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by SATANICALLY666: 9:40am On Feb 18, 2022
The Nigeria Union South Africa (NUSA) has announced the death of another Nigerian in South Africa, following a vicious attack on him in his shop.

The NUSA president Collins Mgbo announced the death of Mr Nicholas John in a statement issued from South Africa on Thursday.

Mr John, an Ogun indigene, was attacked by a mob at his shop in Kimberly in South Africa’s Northern Cape on February 12.

South Africa has continued to be a graveyard for many young Nigerians. Records showed that at least 128 Nigerians had been killed since 2019.

On December 12, Olusola Solarin was killed by hoodlums, who attacked him and collected his money.

Mr Mgbo disclosed that Mr John, the latest victim, was married to a South African woman who was delivered of a baby barely three months ago.

On the circumstances that led to Mr John’s death on February 15, the NUSA president disclosed that on February 11, the Nigerian was attacked by a South African gang for buying a stolen laptop.

“He was beaten alongside his friends, who they believed were accomplices, while the South African criminal, who stole the laptop and sold it to John, was left unharmed,” he explained.

The NUSA president added that Mr John had battled to survive at an intensive care unit in Kimberley Hospital, where he died.

Mr Mgbo further explained that the deceased had bought a stolen laptop from a South African. The owner of the stolen laptop apprehended the South African who stole the laptop, and he took them to the Nigerian, who had bought the stolen laptop.

“The Nigerian who bought the laptop had apparently sold it to another Nigerian. They asked him to call the Nigerian he sold it to, and he did, but when he arrived, he told them that he didn’t have the laptop anymore but agreed to pay them for it,” added Mr Mgbo. “The owner of the laptop agreed, but the owner came with a group which wanted to rob John of his phones, but he resisted, and that was when they beat him to a comatose state and left him to die.”

According to Mr Mgbo, other Nigerians at the scene called an ambulance and took Mr John to the hospital, but they were informed by the medical doctor at the hospital that his brain was damaged and that he might not make it.

https://gazettengr.com/south-african-mob-kills-nigerian-in-his-shop/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by johnmartus(m): 9:56am On Feb 18, 2022
John Nicholas that name is not a household in Yorubaland R.I.P man.

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by EmirGold(m): 10:04am On Feb 18, 2022
May his soul rest in peace

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by BSdetector: 10:54am On Feb 18, 2022
RIP to him...nigerians in south Africa better arm themselves, they can't try this nonsense with those Somali taxi drivers those ones are always prepared for violence.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by Bigkoko: 12:43pm On Feb 18, 2022
NIGERIANs made themselves easy target. Rivalry among themselves, senseless competition amongst themselves. Also in Kenya, they live in isolation, thus they become easy victims if corrupt Kenyan immigration officers, police and landlords.

Learn from the somalis, Yemenis, Indians, Europeans, Americans, Chinese etc. Any country they come into, they stick together. Because the herd is better protected when everyone...the good, the bad & the ugly are living close Together, no matter their status or difference. Same with the Whites.

Don't live in isolation. Because one day, you will need the bad among your compatriots to fight the fight the good can not fight!

You don't plead with bullies not to bully you, all you do is visit them with terror twice what they give you... Watch, it won't happen again!

Can they try that with Whites? They're all armed with Glock or Wesson & Smith, they shot you first before the police comes!

Anyway, let the living learn!

223 Likes 21 Shares

Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by Sabadon(m): 1:18pm On Feb 18, 2022
These xenophobic lots undecided , well what will our ambassador to SA do about this, absolutely nothing, so they ll rinse and repeat same act without any much remorse

10 Likes

Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by EricSmallz(m): 1:18pm On Feb 18, 2022
E
Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by NwaNimo1(m): 1:18pm On Feb 18, 2022

1 Like

Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by chiipink(f): 1:18pm On Feb 18, 2022
A yoruba man has Has been killed in SA cry
"Learn to respect ur host"
According to ur afonja brothers..

R3st in peace

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by chiipink(f): 1:18pm On Feb 18, 2022
H
Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by tito44: 1:19pm On Feb 18, 2022
did he mine anyone's skull there??

7 Likes

Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by BabaIbo: 1:19pm On Feb 18, 2022
Hmmm, nawa o.

What is the guy selling in S.A?

I don't even know what people see in S.A sef.

This is inspired by envy, it is common in Yor..ubaland, when they see strangers, especially young ones doing well, they will start displaying their envy.

16 Likes

Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by emmabest2000(m): 1:19pm On Feb 18, 2022
johnmartus:
John Nicholas that name is not a household in Yorubaland R.I.P man.

Okacha malu welu ya nwayo undecided

RIP dude

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by ssome: 1:19pm On Feb 18, 2022
H
Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by habsydiamond(m): 1:19pm On Feb 18, 2022
No where is safe... May God continue to protect the helpless.. Rip to the dead
Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by Terver90: 1:20pm On Feb 18, 2022
When I read about the kind of bad things that happens to Nigerians outside the shores of this country and within, my heart aches with pains, see how great we can be of nation, but ethnotricism, corruption, poor morals and values had led us to a country that most of the citizens are not comfortable and patriotic of. I pray that GOD will touch every Nigerian to begin to care for a fellow Nigerian. I am a tiv man, but the way an alhaji that I barely met 4years ago, the man believes in me more than my own biological father, not minding my ethnic nor religious background. We can be a better country, GOD bless the federal republic of Nigeria.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by CarTrack15: 1:20pm On Feb 18, 2022
Take advantage of this offer
Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by lankka: 1:20pm On Feb 18, 2022
Tribalism killed d fun of ds platform.
I can't read comments ds days.
Tufia.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by Fr33born(m): 1:21pm On Feb 18, 2022
lankka:
Tribalism killed d fun of ds platform.
I can't read comments ds days.
Tufia.

Same here bro. Most times, I avoid scrolling down because of what this forum has turned into.
Unfortunately, nothing can be done about it because Seun is enjoying it.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by Cryofigbos: 1:21pm On Feb 18, 2022
Who won't want to kill d flat heads and there bad mouth and chest beating but as a fellow Nigerian south Africa is looking for trouble and should be made to produce and prosecute those that carried out d atrocities

1 Like

Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by JaceBlaze: 1:21pm On Feb 18, 2022
Just reading comments....
Re: South African Mob Kills Nigerian Man In His Shop by ApostlePaul14: 1:21pm On Feb 18, 2022
Xenophobia reloaded. RIP brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

20-Year-Old Man Who Defiled A 9-Year-Old Girl Arrested In Rivers State (Video) / Two Killed In Fresh Cult War In Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos State (Photo) / How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.