Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,024 members, 7,814,502 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party (50713 Views)

Delta Native Doctor Deals With 2 Teenagers Who Came For Money Rituals (Video) / 40 Yahoo Boys In White Garment Storm Abuja Mab Global Estate At Midnight / Man Who Came For Christmas Assassinated In Aguata, Anambra (Obituary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by Islie: 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2022
From previous thread
https://www.nairaland.com/6973584/40-yahoo-boys-white-garment#109996182

Man denies Abuja estate invasion, says residents ruined engagement party

Solomon Odeniyi

A man, who identified himself as Harry White, has denied invading the Mab Global Estate, Abuja, with suspected Internet fraudsters.

Residents on the estate had claimed that 40 suspected Yahoo boys invaded the estate, adding that they were dressed in white and their mission was unknown.

But White, in an interview with PUNCH Metro on Tuesday, explained that he planned to hold a surprise all-night engagement party for his fiancée on the estate.

He said he told the owner of a service apartment in the community about the event as well as the number of people who would be attending.

White accused the leadership of the estate of ruining his plan.

He said, “I was to have an engagement for my wife-to-be at the said apartment. I told my agent to make reservations for me there, but I was surprised when my guests arrived and the estate management didn’t allow them in. It was painful that the plan I had to host my wife-to-be to a surprise engagement was destroyed by the leadership of the estate.

“I paid for the apartment and told them the time I would be holding the event and the time my guests were expected to arrive. When my guests arrived and told me they were at the gate, I went to meet them (security) to let them know I was hosting an event on the estate. In order not to disobey the estate management, I told my guests to go back, which they did. Then I saw stories of me and my guests everywhere. The story is false.”

When asked what time they got to the estate, he said, “The engagement was meant to be an all-night affair. I told the person we got the apartment from and he agreed to that. My guests were not violent as was said.

“They were with me while I was trying to call the management of the apartment which served as the venue of the event to clear us to get into the premises, but he didn’t take his calls and we left in peace. They were 80 in number. I told them to appear in white or a touch of white for the event.”

The Secretary of the estate, Kufure Charles, when contacted, queried the time of the event.

He said, “What did they come to do on the estate by 2.30 am? Inside a residential estate? Anyways, the matter is with the police and the Federal Capital Development Agency.”

The agent who gave out the apartment said he was in a meeting and promised to get back to our correspondent.

He had yet to do so as of the time of filing this report.

https://punchng.com/man-denies-abuja-estate-invasion-says-residents-ruined-engagement-party/

5 Shares

Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by MrAnele(m): 1:57pm On Feb 18, 2022
In Nigeria now eh every young boy wey fresh or be like say him get small money na suspected yahoo boy..

I no fit even walk around with my palasa iphone 8 plus again without people giving me the **he must be a yahoo boy** eye.

124 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by swagficient(m): 1:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
These guys see "yahoo" fraud, as a legit hustle. They think they are working hard too.
This generation is psychologically bleeped up.
We've failed as a society. cry cry

139 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
We have bigger Yahoo boys in power to worry about.

I don't know why EFCC went from Economic Financial Crime Commission to Yahoo Financial Crime commission ( YFCC )

48 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by Kingbenn(m): 1:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
Nah wah oh. Nah their wahalar sha abeg subscribe to my YouTube channel @Kingben entertainment. I post entertainment contents. Support your boy

1 Like

Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by TalkTalkTwins(m): 1:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
grin
Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by Childofaking: 1:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
Jeremiah 17:11

As the partridge sits on eggs which it has not laid,
so is he who gets riches, but not justly;
it will forsake him in the midst of his days,
and in the end he will be a fool.

Pastor E. A Adeboye:
'' .......Anyone driving a car he bought with money he stole or gotten unjustly is
driving a moving Coffin....."

Me:
The devil does not have a free gift for anyone, he may give you riches when you sell your soul to him, but he will surely come back for your life.
Watch out for all those yahoo boys doing rituals and tell me where they are in 15 years time. Most of them will be in the grave at the prime of their lives.
Their lives will be over when their mates will just be starting life.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by Osense1: 1:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
Ok
Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by YeyeGbami: 1:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
40 ABI 80
Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by tutudesz: 1:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
You paid for a short let apartment to host a party and you forgot to inform the estate management about the party simple undecided

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by Rastaramsey(m): 1:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
I doubt this story oooo.....
Them dey run engagement for midnight undecided undecided undecided

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by specialmati(m): 1:59pm On Feb 18, 2022
cool cool cool did you notice this yahoo thing was not like this before 2014,at least like say 10% of the youth were doing it unlike now.na 90% now oo do you know why grin grin grin dollar rate skyrocketed from 190-570.imagine if you just collect 10000$ As a yahoo guy Omo people working some jobs never see this money in their account for 5years of working.may God helps with good leadership not this kind of yahoo president and crooks with him now

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by NOwazobia: 1:59pm On Feb 18, 2022
2:30am for an engagement party; a surprise one for that matter (the suppose fiancee not even aware that some white garment members were coming to her place at that time of the night), in a place others reside!... Not in a hotel, nor a club house. Where people dey sleep...!

I can't swallow this story at all.

Until we see the original story...

Next!

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by Joshmodest(m): 1:59pm On Feb 18, 2022
It's becoming worrisome that any group of well to do young fellows are tagged Internet fraudsters nowadays ... The societal mindset that young people cannot be successful through legal means is more cancerous than the yahoo itself ...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by Sabadon(m): 1:59pm On Feb 18, 2022
Nothing to see here just another regular day in Nigeria make everybody getat jor undecided
Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by Angel55555(m): 1:59pm On Feb 18, 2022
Journalism is dead in Nigeria instead of investigating they were blaming yahoo guys

4 Likes

Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by HayB100(m): 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2022
Wahala grin

1 Like

Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by kingphilip(m): 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2022
They should collect their full rent from the agent who gave the apartment out.

How can you agree with someone that he can use the apartment at a time he so wishes and meets inconvenience when he wants to use it?

5 Likes

Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by Frosheer(m): 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2022
I just don't know what to say

1 Like

Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by iCauseTrouble: 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2022
angry
Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by illuminutty: 2:01pm On Feb 18, 2022
Yahhooollk

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by superCleanworks(m): 2:01pm On Feb 18, 2022
undecided
Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by shakamarh: 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2022
Cover up story

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by ediko5(m): 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2022
The Yahoo boys are now over-rated.

Friends and peer groups can't catch fun again without attribution to Yahoo.

This is what poverty can cause

8 Likes

Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by kenzysmith: 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2022
Know this and know peace there is nothing like Yahoo again na ritual all of them they do even guys wey no feel spell their name they cash out

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by PrimeWatermark: 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2022
So you invited 40guests to an engagement party in a short-let apartment. An estate you're not even a resident of.

Let's be sincere, they will never let you in at that time. Never!!
The short-let agent knew all along, he just wanted to make money off you. You can't even hold such house-parties in most estates, at such hour.
Agents are greedy, customers are not truthful.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party by ssome: 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2022
I need to leave this country. I'm tired of all these news

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South African Lady Sentenced For Life For Raping 10-year-old Boy / Boy Fights Over His Grilfriend In Sapele, Loses His Arm (Graphic Pic) / Man Cuts Off His Mother's Head In Northern Part Of Nigeria (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.