Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola (1563 Views)

This Is Your State, Nobody Can Chase You Away – Adeleke Tells Aregbesola / I Didn't Disturb You,  Don't Disturb Oyetola,  Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola / You Can't Shave My Head In My Absence, Oyetola Tells Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola by cocolacec(m): 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2022
I didn’t disturb you, don’t disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola tells Aregbesola

A former governor of Osun State, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola has called on the Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola not to trouble Governor Adegboyega Oyetola, since he never troubled him as governor.

He spoke against the background of the tension generated by reports that ex-Governor Aregbesola plans to hold a political programme parallel to the incumbent Governor Gboyega Oyetola’s second anniversary celebrations on Friday, 27 November, 2020.

Prince Oyinlola, in a statement on Wednesday said he noted Aregbesola’s explanation that he was coming to the state to engage with the people on the EndSARS crisis as directed by President Muhammadu Buhari but advised that the Interior Minister could do that on another day.

“It is necessary that I put my own experience on record. I took over from Chief Bisi Akande in May 2003 and, I can say that throughout my almost eight years in government, and despite our political differences, Akande never gave me any problem. It is common knowledge that Mr Aregbesola took over from me, and, despite the circumstances of his coming to that office, I did not do anything to undermine his authority throughout his eight years in government. That is the spirit with which I appeal that the Interior Minister (Aregbesola) avoid doing anything that will suggest a plan to make the state ungovernable for Mr Oyetola.

“As a former governor of that state, I plead that we give peace a chance. The state has witnessed enough unnecessary crises in recent weeks coupled with the Coronavirus pandemic which has upended people’s economy and general wellbeing. Our people are suffering; they deserve a respite from all forms of crises as they struggle to make ends meet.

“All of us former governors, as leaders of our people, we all have a stake in making Osun State to work for the good of our people who have had to deal with one hardship or the other. We will be seen as doing that when we avoid making the job of the incumbent governor difficult for him. May God help our state and its people in this difficult time,” Prince Oyinlola said.

He also counseled Governor Oyetola to, at all times, let the welfare and wellbeing of the people remain his priority as he crosses over to the second half of his term.

Vanguard News Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola by Bastard1stborn: 8:28pm On Feb 18, 2022
Iro ni
Re: I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola by DickDastardly(m): 8:30pm On Feb 18, 2022
But BAT disturb Ambode.

4 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola by Amotolongbo(f): 8:30pm On Feb 18, 2022
He spoke against the background of the tension generated by reports that ex-Governor Aregbesola plans to hold a political programme parallel to the incumbent Governor Gboyega Oyetola’s second anniversary celebrations on Friday, 27 November, 2020.
recycled news

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola by illicit(m): 8:33pm On Feb 18, 2022
Baba Hafusa no go ever hear
Re: I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola by silverlinen(m): 8:35pm On Feb 18, 2022
We all know say na loot all of them dey fight for
Re: I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:41pm On Feb 18, 2022
cocolacec:
I didn’t disturb you, don’t disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola tells Aregbesola

A former governor of Osun State, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola has called on the Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola not to trouble Governor Adegboyega Oyetola, since he never troubled him as governor.

Prince Oyinlola, in a statement on Wednesday said he noted Aregbesola’s explanation that he was coming to the state to engage with the people on the EndSARS crisis as directed by President Muhammadu Buhari but advised that the Interior Minister could do that on another day.

“It is necessary that I put my own experience on record. I took over from Chief Bisi Akande in May 2003 and, I can say that throughout my almost eight years in government, and despite our political differences, Akande never gave me any problem. It is common knowledge that Mr Aregbesola took over from me, and, despite the circumstances of his coming to that office, I did not do anything to undermine his authority throughout his eight years in government. That is the spirit with which I appeal that the Interior Minister (Aregbesola) avoid doing anything that will suggest a plan to make the state ungovernable for Mr Oyetola.

“As a former governor of that state, I plead that we give peace a chance. The state has witnessed enough unnecessary crises in recent weeks coupled with the Coronavirus pandemic which has upended people’s economy and general wellbeing. Our people are suffering; they deserve a respite from all forms of crises as they struggle to make ends meet.

“All of us former governors, as leaders of our people, we all have a stake in making Osun State to work for the good of our people who have had to deal with one hardship or the other. We will be seen as doing that when we avoid making the job of the incumbent governor difficult for him. May God help our state and its people in this difficult time,” Prince Oyinlola said.

He also counseled Governor Oyetola to, at all times, let the welfare and wellbeing of the people remain his priority as he crosses over to the second half of his term.

Vanguard News Nigeria
Old news. 4yrs old tongue
Re: I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola by dheilaw1(m): 8:43pm On Feb 18, 2022
DickDastardly:
But BAT disturb Ambode.
Did BAT or Ambode govern osun? Oyinlola was concerned about osun the state he governed. Use your brain next time

9 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola by haffaze777(m): 8:44pm On Feb 18, 2022
But Peter Obi disturb Obiano

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola by Mooh247: 8:50pm On Feb 18, 2022
Aregbesola don misfire..... Nobody is backing him in his show of disgrace and stupidity

Even PDP are not concerned with his usual nonsensical drama

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola by Mooh247: 8:52pm On Feb 18, 2022
Amotolongbo:
recycled news

The crisis didn't just start so the article is very relevant

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola by Amotolongbo(f): 8:53pm On Feb 18, 2022
Mooh247:

The crisis didn't just start so the article is very relevant
and who said it is not relevant?
Re: I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola by Bounceboune7: 9:36pm On Feb 18, 2022
It's obvious many big wigs in osun are against aregbe, I pray he doesn't go ambode way especially now that d known haters of Nigeria are supporting him cos in their little mind they believe aregbesola will deal with tinubu

4 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola by seunmsg(m): 9:47pm On Feb 18, 2022
Omoluabi.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola by Spandau: 10:40pm On Feb 18, 2022
seunmsg:
Omoluabi.

Oyinlola that you hated with intense passion is now Omoluabi?
Re: I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola by ResidentSnitch(f): 11:32pm On Feb 18, 2022
I honestly don't understand these old men and whatever idiocy that is pushing them. Why have they been exchanging gossips and sidetalks like co-wives? Bunch of irresponsible men.
Re: I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola by Kiddogarcia(m): 11:32pm On Feb 18, 2022
Rubbish, check siggy
Re: I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola by Chimezirim121: 12:45am On Feb 19, 2022
Re: I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola by DEROX: 12:57am On Feb 19, 2022
grin i Too like oyinlola
Re: I Didn’t Disturb You, Don’t Disturb Oyetola, Oyinlola Tells Aregbesola by yyba: 1:30am On Feb 19, 2022
DickDastardly:
But BAT disturb Ambode.
was AMBODE ever a governor of osun state ?

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola Greatest Mistake And Possible Sollution / PDP Presidential Primaries Get Tougher Nyesom Wike Arrives Maiduguri / Any Woman Who Supports Yul Edochie Needs Her Brain Examined

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.