Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? (61233 Views)

Who Is Your Greatest Header Of The Ball In Football History? / Quoz Time Time In Football. What Is The Name Of This Ball, And The Year It Was U / Who Remembers This Ball? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Bashi32(m): 9:46pm On Feb 19, 2022
Panke ball
����
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by SeyiAyorinde(m): 9:51pm On Feb 19, 2022
Foke
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by meedoLock(m): 9:54pm On Feb 19, 2022
davessales039:

But was it really about the money?. I don't think it was.
Personally, I never bought it but I played it a lot. Back then we played what ever ball our pals brought. It was all for the fun.

Sometimes, we had 5 or 6 different balls flying around. We kicked any that came near.

Actually, I was trying to point to the fact that leather balls were also available then but not as cheap to keep around by some of us like the plastic one back then

2 Likes

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Brownshoe: 9:55pm On Feb 19, 2022
Felele
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by wizonlyson: 9:58pm On Feb 19, 2022
Athemisia:

Place near fire?? Omo na massage we dey massage am with our hands oh...
stop jor..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by davessales039(m): 9:59pm On Feb 19, 2022
locoster:

Correct.

There's another one that made of rubber/gum. it bounce anyhow when you hit it on the floor or at any object.

True.
Chai.

I can't remember the name of that one though.
Yes, it was made from raw tapped rubber, I think; with gum to hold it all together. At least, that was what I always thought of it.

I still wonder where my classmates fetched it from.
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by davessales039(m): 10:03pm On Feb 19, 2022
meedoLock:

Actually, I was trying to point to the fact that leather balls were also available then but not as cheap to keep around by some of us like the plastic one back then

Oh, True. I agree.
You are correct.

"desert stones" got me ROTF.

1 Like

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by shantti(m): 10:09pm On Feb 19, 2022
Akikpo
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by davessales039(m): 10:12pm On Feb 19, 2022
greatness77:
Ebonyi state

Oh okay.
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by SKINDOGGY: 10:13pm On Feb 19, 2022
Akikpọ
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by gbaskiboy: 10:13pm On Feb 19, 2022
RoyalBlu:
If this ball land for person face or head ehn... cheesy

grin you dare not head it, your head will swell up...

1 Like

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by excel4us: 10:13pm On Feb 19, 2022
Yesoooooo very painful though buh we enjoyed it then. Monkey post something

2 Likes

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by RoyalBlu(f): 10:14pm On Feb 19, 2022
placeofallure:

In my university days, my friend and I were recounting our childhood memories, my friend can act like a tomboy at times. She told me of her experience acting as the keeper in a football game. (The other players were boys) That time, she just started to blossom in the chest region. That was when one of the players fired this boolu onike shot and it landed right on her chest Gbam! Her legs wobbled under her weight and down she goes. They carried her off the pitch and that incidence ended her football career. Infact, she no wan hear Man U or Arsenal since then.

cheesy cheesy
Chai I can just imagine how she must have felt.
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by gbaskiboy: 10:14pm On Feb 19, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Toys for less privileged children. I never touched it.

Keep your stinking mouth shut!

1 Like

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by nachisunday(m): 10:14pm On Feb 19, 2022
Na this kind topic day give joy. This is called pankey in our area and the ballon ball fe le le

1 Like

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by FortChidi: 10:17pm On Feb 19, 2022
Korea in the north, and this ball taught me how to play without using my toe
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by DONOCHAS(m): 10:24pm On Feb 19, 2022
This one na kpokrikpo. Lol
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Hitwe99: 10:29pm On Feb 19, 2022
Panke
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by cutieBR(f): 10:34pm On Feb 19, 2022
This ball wey sabi pain for leg ;Dote author=Omicron007 post=110356723]Childhood days was sweet.
This particular football brings back sweet memories.

We played this on the streets of Rayfield in Jos those years.

Did you play this as a kid?

Let's hear from you!
[/quote]
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Ayuzz007(m): 10:44pm On Feb 19, 2022
We called it panke...

As a boy whose mother sell plastic at Gbagi market back then.
I play with different sizes and color...mehn good old days.
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by BabbanBura(m): 11:07pm On Feb 19, 2022
paulolee:
kpako ball...that was the best tin to happen to street children back den, the ball can serve for a long time n even wen e press, jus place it near fire n it would rise again..
na mostly children de get dis ball, our bros dey roll with dt felele or double leather type...
growing up was fun jhare, back den we were wishing to turn adults bt now I wish I can turn back d hand of time to wen I was a kid..
jus play all day n mum de provide our needs n i didn't know how difficult it is to take care of children..
GOD bless out parents jhare..

Gone are the sweet days! I enjoyed playing this under the rains, though it cam be painful when u are forced to make a strong header save!
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by ezewealth(m): 11:20pm On Feb 19, 2022
Kpokripo ball, Best played with 4 man post, on a cemented area. In fact, that is what the ball is made for. FOUR MEN POST!

2 Likes

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Stevyne: 11:31pm On Feb 19, 2022
Panke grin grin
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by seanjy4konji: 11:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
Kpako ball now...
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by seanjy4konji: 11:58pm On Feb 19, 2022
felele is the rubber one...

you dare not use ordinarry leg play this one..got to be smart with it or else you break your toe nails..
Brownshoe:
Felele

1 Like

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Skinkerjnr(m): 12:04am On Feb 20, 2022
Kpokirikpo

1 Like

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Thorondor: 12:14am On Feb 20, 2022
Okpokolo
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Hostermipo(m): 12:17am On Feb 20, 2022
Teeabod:
PANKE!!!!
For a moment I thought we are the only one calling it PANKE! You too much

1 Like

Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by CalabarPikin: 12:18am On Feb 20, 2022
Itacrok
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by Scanty47(f): 12:26am On Feb 20, 2022
Kpokilikpo grin grin
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by masteroguns(m): 12:43am On Feb 20, 2022
God bless our parent....both d one alive and d one that have gone to join our forefathers....
Re: Did You Grow Up With This? What Is The Name Of This ball In Your Area? by godwon01(m): 12:53am On Feb 20, 2022
That was when Nigeria was called Nigeria with one love. U were not bother about whom you were playing with. No Fulani no Hausa, no Ibo, . Your next neighbor may be any tribe ,you all played together. Bolu onike I salute. Very strong, The legs of those kids playing it then was like a iron. Playing with barefooted legs.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Neymar, World's Most Expensive Player Always Travels With His Family (Photos) / Floyd Mayweather Poses With His Pet Tiger (Pictured) / Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.